(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,815 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by nickrivers
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240416_160659390.MP (resized).jpg
25d6415bd4f5ee62b5604e3e73d30ef0bdc2c8d0 (resized).jpg
72038EF4-8215-4C19-B733-688FFB33D320 (resized).jpeg
8820CDAA-4B0B-4D67-844D-8D3197E44344 (resized).jpeg
B267A7B9-3222-426E-B14A-09BCED66716E (resized).jpeg
EEEBA8AA-85EA-4EBE-9123-16F1A419FDC4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6704 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8444 (resized).jpeg
IMNewtonBallLeaf01 (resized).jpg
IMG_5677 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5676 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 251 of 317.
#12501 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

No sir. The game is perfect. Just not my cup of tea

Mine wasn't.

#12502 1 year ago
Quoted from rapidflipper:

Thanks to tips from fellow Pinsiders, I just added “Poor Man’s powdercoat” to the rails and lockdown bar. This mod uses vinyl “sparkle” wrap made for cars and installed with a hair dryer. Was a bit of a PITA on the corners, but the material is really forgiving. A pair of extra hands would avoid all of my redneck engineering. Looks and feels like powdercoat, but cost me $15!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

my local powdercoat shop only charged me $25 to do a lockdown bar. So I had him do 3.

#12503 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

my local powdercoat shop only charged me $25 to do a lockdown bar. So I had him do 3.

Who did you use? Im just north of you.

#12505 1 year ago

I just got the Oricale from the Art of Pinball, I did a review and installation video. If you are unsure how to intall this please check out my video!

#12506 1 year ago

New owner. Ball getting stuck. I think previous owner put this protector in place to keep orbit nice but it may be pushing ball up into sarcophagus metal bracket?

80972817-D93E-4344-937F-61C8087FE99B (resized).jpeg80972817-D93E-4344-937F-61C8087FE99B (resized).jpeg

Nope hasn’t lifted its like the horseshoe piece of metal above has come down.

#12507 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Nope hasn’t lifted its like the horseshoe piece of metal above has come down

That piece should basically be touching the underneath of the ball rail that feeds into the sarcophagus. I'm not sure how it's attached as i've not really needed to look underneath that part but i'm presuming it bolts from underneath. I'd be checking to see if it's come loose causing it to sag at the back cause there should be ample room for the ball to pass underneath. Even if the edges of the protector had curled up the ball is sitting virtually dead center. Not seen this before

#12508 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

That piece should basically be touching the underneath of the ball rail that feeds into the sarcophagus. I'm not sure how it's attached as i've not really needed to look underneath that part but i'm presuming it bolts from underneath. I'd be checking to see if it's come loose causing it to sag at the back cause there should be ample room for the ball to pass underneath. Even if the edges of the protector had curled up the ball is sitting virtually dead center. Not seen this before

Thanks. Yeah there was a gap between sarcophagus feed and this horseshoe. Put washer as shown which lifted lower horseshoe bracket. All good now!

E703991D-DDF4-406F-9440-F535A9F0A4C9 (resized).jpegE703991D-DDF4-406F-9440-F535A9F0A4C9 (resized).jpeg
#12509 1 year ago

My first LE!

B15CD99F-A825-4470-84A9-C22A843044B7 (resized).jpegB15CD99F-A825-4470-84A9-C22A843044B7 (resized).jpeg
#12510 1 year ago

That's nice!

#12511 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

My first LE![quoted image]

Cool setup, without seeing the rest of the room it looks like your pinball room is outside your front stoop lol. All that sunlight would scare me, probably will make things fade over time.

#12512 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

Cool setup, without seeing the rest of the room it looks like your pinball room is outside your front stoop lol. All that sunlight would scare me, probably will make things fade over time.

it's not even that much time. I've seen draculas and dr.whos, go from vibrant reds, oranges and yellows, to completely WHITE. in 30 days with direct sun contact. 6 months, with sunlight reflecting off the floor/walls and ceiling.

#12513 1 year ago

I apply a wax with UV protection to all my cabs. Haven't noticed any fade yet. One game gets a few hours of direct sunlight every day (for ~3 years now).

#12514 1 year ago

What wax ? Thnx

Quoted from mattosborn:

I apply a wax with UV protection to all my cabs. Haven't noticed any fade yet. One game gets a few hours of direct sunlight every day (for ~3 years now).

#12515 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

What wax ? Thnx

Any carnauba wax will provide some UV protection. Some have extra additives for additional protection. I started with Meguiar’s Gold, but now I have a bottle of Mothers spray wax that I touch them up with every few months.

#12516 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Wow !!! looks incredible

#12517 1 year ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Any carnauba wax will provide some UV protection. Some have extra additives for additional protection. I started with Meguiar’s Gold, but now I have a bottle of Mothers spray wax that I touch them up with every few months.

No shit .I’ve been wondering about how to clean the cabs .Thank you .

#12518 1 year ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Over cab decals? really.......?

#12519 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

I posted this in the games room thread. We’re south facing (same a north for you guys) so sun never hits accept for 5 minutes as sun passes western clerestory window. Not going to worry about 5 minutes of setting sun with a tree in front.

On a different note if I remember correctly I should raise upper left flipper to make the larger loop shot more consistently?

474958B6-4238-4A60-9481-D14D713C63BB (resized).jpeg474958B6-4238-4A60-9481-D14D713C63BB (resized).jpegCD0DEA4C-85C8-4E51-BFDA-F1502B37083C (resized).jpegCD0DEA4C-85C8-4E51-BFDA-F1502B37083C (resized).jpegE871D6DA-9363-48D8-A4CF-318314621B5F (resized).jpegE871D6DA-9363-48D8-A4CF-318314621B5F (resized).jpeg
#12520 1 year ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Over cab decals? really.......?

Absolutely. I wax the cab of every game that comes in. The games on the ends of a row (that get direct sunlight) get an occasional re-application.

#12521 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I posted this in the games room thread. ... [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's a bitchin' game room and collection mate!

#12522 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

That's a bitchin' gameroom and collection mate!

Thanks! Turtles went. Avengers next. TBL and spidey coming. Need to get rid of another. It sucks!

#12523 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:I posted this in the games room thread. We’re south facing (same a north for you guys) so sun never hits accept for 5 minutes as sun passes western clerestory window. Not going to worry about 5 minutes of setting sun with a tree in front.
On a different note if I remember correctly I should raise upper left flipper to make the larger loop shot more consistently?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

you need to host a party for your Iron Maiden pinball fan club!!!

#12524 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I posted this in the games room thread. We’re south facing (same a north for you guys) so sun never hits accept for 5 minutes as sun passes western clerestory window. Not going to worry about 5 minutes of setting sun with a tree in front.
On a different note if I remember correctly I should raise upper left flipper to make the larger loop shot more consistently?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great, that's an awesome room for a pinball setup!

And yeah, holding up the left flipper makes the loop shot easier but I think it reduces the amount of points you get from it. Still worth doing though.

#12525 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Thanks! Turtles went. Avengers next. TBL and spidey coming. Need to get rid of another. It sucks!

Really want to try tbl as I love the dude! Whwt a great movie.

#12526 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

TBL is fantastic! It, as well as IMDN, are among the top favorites in my current game collection.

#12527 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

you need to host a party for your Iron Maiden pinball fan club!!!

Quoted from Anony:

Looks great, that's an awesome room for a pinball setup!
And yeah, holding up the left flipper makes the loop shot easier but I think it reduces the amount of points you get from it. Still worth doing though.

TBL is fantastic! It, as well as IMDN, are among the top favorites in my current game collection.

Thanks! I must admit this pin does feel like an old school pin with an awesome layout. I really like how the trooper multiball starts. Am starting to hit that loop without raising left flipper. Find the upper right now trickier I seem to hit the jackpot stand up easier.

Sold turtles and STh pro. Trying to sell avengers. In selling I actually bought a red spiderman at a good price, I’m hopeless. Find Imdn is a refreshing break from other layouts it seems like a complete package. The music is fine as well, not my choice but it all gels with artwork and theme. Looking forward to TBL.

#12528 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Thanks! I must admit this pin does feel like an old school pin with an awesome layout. I really like how the trooper multiball starts. Am starting to hit that loop without raising left flipper. Find the upper right now trickier I seem to hit the jackpot stand up easier.
Sold turtles and STh pro. Trying to sell avengers. In selling I actually bought a red spiderman at a good price, I’m hopeless. Find Imdn is a refreshing break from other layouts it seems like a complete package. The music is fine as well, not my choice but it all gels with artwork and theme. Looking forward to TBL.

Yeah imdn is a street level game with 2 ramps lol, I guess that nullified the street level category but that is how it feels to me.
I think it is an awesome pin. It has everything you want.

#12529 1 year ago

Yeah imdn is a street level game with 2 ramps lol, I guess that nullified the street level category but that is how it feels to me.
I think it is an awesome pin. It has everything you want.

Yeah, you’re right with the number of stand ups etc, it’s like sea witch with ramps! People say there’s not much to do I. The bottom left, but I like it!

#12530 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Yeah, you’re right with the number of stand ups etc, it’s like sea witch with ramps! People say there’s not much to do I. The bottom left, but I like it!

Not much to do in imdn?
Have hd the game for almost 1.5 years now and only reached the devil twice. Never got all the tomb treasures.
To me it is perfect balance, when I dont want to play Godzilla for 1 hour to get somewhere.

#12531 1 year ago

Not much to do in imdn?
Have hd the game for almost 1.5 years now and only reached the devil twice. Never got all the tomb treasures.
To me it is perfect balance, when I dont want to play Godzilla for 1 hour to get somewhere.

Can't wait to get IMDN in May. We play it so much when we go out on the weekends. The gameplay is so much fun. Gonna have to put Godzilla and Maiden at opposite sides of our gameroom lol

#12532 1 year ago

Not much to do in imdn?

I love Gz but you speak truth. Its a big commitment to walk up and start a game that may last over an hour.

#12533 1 year ago

Any word on the Senjutsu samurai mod?

#12534 1 year ago

Maiden keeps me coming back-

195A2BCC-7484-4E26-BF73-920EBD668822.gif195A2BCC-7484-4E26-BF73-920EBD668822.gif
#12535 1 year ago

Same here.
Had such a satisfying game tonight.
Freakin Love this pin!

Quoted from Vino:

Maiden keeps me coming back-
[quoted image]

42D9918F-501E-451E-9ADD-8F0504B80EBB (resized).jpeg42D9918F-501E-451E-9ADD-8F0504B80EBB (resized).jpeg
#12536 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

That is gorgeous. Is that topper factory. Love the plane theme.

I just got a modded out premium today. Can u post a picture of your playfield?

Elwin hit a homerun here. Addictive. Fast and deep. Those upper loops are amazing when u hit them.

#12537 1 year ago

I just coined the club. 300 total plays. Pinball Pro speakers. I'll be adding a shaker motor asap. Is there any issues with adding insider connect kit?

Also my mummy and orb captive balls don't alway register hits. How do I fix this?

20230130_195501 (resized).jpg20230130_195501 (resized).jpg20230130_210147 (resized).jpg20230130_210147 (resized).jpg
#12538 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

I just coined the club. 300 total plays. Pinball Pro speakers. I'll be adding a shaker motor asap. Is there any issues with adding insider connect kit?
Also my mummy and orb captive balls don't alway register hits. How do I fix this?
[quoted image][quoted image]

There's a 2 blade switch under them below the playfield. You need to bend the 2 blades of each slightly closer together (without touching) so any movement of the plastic spoon will cause them to touch and register for the game.

#12539 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

[quoted image][quoted image]

two specific parts to check underneath. the shaft is centered in the scoop arm and the leaf switch spacing. mine would get off centered and on super strong bash the shaft would escape the scoop and not really shift the arm to trigger the leaf switch

#12540 1 year ago

ive had the captive balls, actually extend beyond the spoon and get hung up on the outside edge. So I cleaned everything extensively. used a little bit of teflon, on the spoon. and adjusted the spoon assembly, so it's perfectly center when neutral. Havn't had any hangups since.

#12541 1 year ago

Sounds like a problematic mech. Like too much for what it is.
Always wanted to own the premium but stuck to the pro mostly by how many people complains about this mech.

I kinda like the simplicity of the pro on this one (i never do otherwise)

#12542 1 year ago

Always wanted to own the premium but stuck to the pro mostly by how many people complains about this mech.

It's just another part that needs to be dialed in to work properly, and adjusted when it isn't working as designed. It's a much better shot than the orb target on the pro, really opens up what you can do in the game there.

First you have to ensure the travel of the 'pencil' that actuates the switch doesn't exceed the spoon edges by using the tension nut on the bottom of the newton ball, and then get the spoon perfectly centered and in tolerance for light taps to activate. Blue loctite recommended for the actuator.

#12543 1 year ago

my pro played great. Only reason I changed over, is because the premium was the same price as the pro. Otherwise I was more than content with the pro.

#12544 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

That is gorgeous. Is that topper factory. Love the plane theme.
I just got a modded out premium today. Can u post a picture of your playfield?
Elwin hit a homerun here. Addictive. Fast and deep. Those upper loops are amazing when u hit them.

Sorry for late reply!

I actually was after a premium. Not a LE guy at all. And I really like the back glass of the premium.

That being said, wasn’t sure if I could get a new premium anymore. And the used premium price is up there. The cab art on the LE is awesome, for that alone I am happy I paid more for the LE.

The spitfire theme is the art for the LE which also includes the mirrored backglass. The topper is the aces high topper which is fairly cool but not as cool as the Elvira topper for the same price. It does round off the package nicely.

My playfield just came with a few mods, the best being the sarcophagus mod.

Picture as requested.

B60BAB63-6EB0-40EF-A78E-B926E91FBCD1 (resized).jpegB60BAB63-6EB0-40EF-A78E-B926E91FBCD1 (resized).jpeg
#12545 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Congrats! Welcome to the club!

#12546 1 year ago

topper WIP update. this rough draft puts us at about.....30%? ish. Theres a huge chunk of stuff on my list we need to slowly add and figure out. These stained glass windows will light up along with the cards in the game. Maybe first working prototype sometime in the summer.

Clairvoyant is needing an extra week or two before officially offering it. Instead of rotating the existing RGB PCB board to shoot up into the ball, I'm fitting in its own light in order to maintain the spotlight underneath. Just got in a few different lights I'll be testing this weekend.

Once kiddo starts daycare in a couple of days and gain some time during the day again, I'll sort my stuff further and make that thread to not spam here updates =)

Quoted from gandamack:

Any word on the Senjutsu samurai mod?

Doodled some stuff but still mulling over placements and poses. might be a few months =/

2023-01-31 22.09.37 (resized).jpg2023-01-31 22.09.37 (resized).jpg
#12547 1 year ago

So the ball hang up spot between the sarcophagus and centre ramp, are people making their own or buying the mezel mods one. Just postage to Australia sucks now.

#12548 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

So the ball hang up spot between the sarcophagus and centre ramp, are people making their own or buying the mezel mods one. Just postage to Australia sucks now.

I bought the Mezel Mods one.

Not expensive. Easy to install. Works great!

Problem solved.

I am pleased.

#12549 1 year ago

I bought the Mezel Mods one.
Not expensive. Easy to install. Works great!
Problem solved.
I am pleased.

It does look an elegant solution. Can’t believe stern haven’t released one. I’ve made my own airball shields in the past, but should stop being a cheap skate and just get the mezel mods one I guess. Just have to work out if I need any other mods….. Thanks!

#12550 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

topper WIP update. this rough draft puts us at about.....30%? ish. Theres a huge chunk of stuff on my list we need to slowly add and figure out. These stained glass windows will light up along with the cards in the game. Maybe first working prototype sometime in the summer.

That will be the most bad-ass topper of all time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 15,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 251 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/251 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.