(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,646 posts
  • 1,042 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by vikingerik
  • Topic is favorited by 497 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2458 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2456 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2459 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6659 (resized).png
IMG_6658 (resized).png
IMG_6660 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6664 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6662 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6663 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5503 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240325_202244_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240325_202205_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
IMG_8122 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8120 (resized).png
IMG_8121 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,646 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 313.
#1151 5 years ago

Armor im working on for my Premium i have on order. I call it pharrohs gold. Hit me up if youd like a set done

20180528_174403 (resized).jpg20180528_174403 (resized).jpg

20180528_174346 (resized).jpg20180528_174346 (resized).jpg

20180528_174348 (resized).jpg20180528_174348 (resized).jpg

20180528_174355 (resized).jpg20180528_174355 (resized).jpg

20180528_174452 (resized).jpg20180528_174452 (resized).jpg

20180528_174519 (resized).jpg20180528_174519 (resized).jpg

20180528_174515 (resized).jpg20180528_174515 (resized).jpg

20180528_174523 (resized).jpg20180528_174523 (resized).jpg

20180528_174528 (resized).jpg20180528_174528 (resized).jpg

#1152 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Armor im working on for my Premium i have on order. I call it pharrohs gold. Hit me up if youd like a set done

Can't wait to see how it looks on the game. I had my pro done in illusion orange.

IMG_20180524_105703 (resized).jpgIMG_20180524_105703 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180524_105710 (resized).jpgIMG_20180524_105710 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180524_105722 (resized).jpgIMG_20180524_105722 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180524_110106 (resized).jpgIMG_20180524_110106 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180524_112158_007 (resized).jpgIMG_20180524_112158_007 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180524_105728 (resized).jpgIMG_20180524_105728 (resized).jpg

#1153 5 years ago

Wow. Orange and gold. Two colors I would th8nk would never look good on armor. I'm wrong. Nice Lermods! That gold will look sick on the premium!

#1154 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Can't wait to see how it looks on the game. I had my pro done in illusion orange.

That orange looks good.

#1155 5 years ago

Helsinki last night
33899717_10155337630537051_2939414813530390528_o (resized).jpg33899717_10155337630537051_2939414813530390528_o (resized).jpg

#1156 5 years ago

Where are the custom rule cards?

#1157 5 years ago

That, was a feel good shot...

A043F020-1F24-40F1-93B8-D3CECAE7DB6D (resized).jpegA043F020-1F24-40F1-93B8-D3CECAE7DB6D (resized).jpeg

#1158 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That, was a feel good shot...

Holy crap dude! Nice job! Power Jackpot is the new Song Jackpot... Just one of many different ways there are to blow it up. I just put up a 159 mil Icarus tonight and a couple days back had a 120 mil Hallowed. So fun!

IMG_20180529_191417 (resized).jpgIMG_20180529_191417 (resized).jpg

#1159 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Helsinki last night

Everything from the Legacy Tour looks fantastic. If I didn't have a Premium coming I might of headed back to Europe for a show.

#1160 5 years ago

I collected my Pro last friday, I have put in 3 eddie models so far and will probaly make an air ball thingy for the right ramp with spareparts. (yes picture´s are coming later)
Put a question I must ask, I have some inserts that are missing some black like small dots, could it be just a bad print job or will it soon be a big ghosting problem on my all my inserts ?

and I will head for the concert in stockholm on FRIDAY !!!

#1161 5 years ago

The Mylar under the ramp on my LE does not cover the entire width of the ramp. It looks like the right corner could wear the playfield. Is this normal, or is the Mylar misapplied at the factory? I am thinking I should pull it off and replace.

#1162 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

The Mylar under the ramp on my LE does not cover the entire width of the ramp. It looks like the right corner could wear the playfield. Is this normal, or is the Mylar misapplied at the factory? I am thinking I should pull it off and replace.

I have to take the glass off and check tonight but I can't see any mylar under the ramp. Was wondering about it last night every time the ramp smacked the playfield.

#1163 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I have to take the glass off and check tonight but I can't see any mylar under the ramp. Was wondering about it last night every time the ramp smacked the playfield

My mylar goes all the way across but ive been debating adding a second piece. It looks like the ramp smack may eventually cut thru the first piece at some point in the future

#1164 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Just put a 2nd piece on top.

#1165 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Just put a 2nd piece on top.

N00b question, but where do you get this from?

#1166 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

The ramp edge should be flat so as long as the mylar is under most of it it should keep the corner from hitting the PF too I would think. But redo if you want of course.

Quoted from way2wyrd:

My mylar goes all the way across but ive been debating adding a second piece. It looks like the ramp smack may eventually cut thru the first piece at some point in the future

You guys are paranoid! You'll be able to tell if it start to damage the existing mylar in the future in plenty of time to take corrective action...

#1167 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

You guys are paranoid! You'll be able to tell if it start to damage the existing mylar in the future in plenty of time to take corrective action...

Im already seeing marks in the mylar so not that paranoid

#1168 5 years ago

There is a mark on my playfield protector where the ramp goes up and down. Extra mylar or a protector make sense.

#1169 5 years ago

I agree with paranoia. Mylar is tough, and it will take your ramp ages to get through it. Yes, your Mylar may get a mark on it, but I promise you will not lose your huo collectors condition certificate.

#1170 5 years ago

Did the new code .98, increase the difficulty involved in getting to Cyborg Multiball. It seemed easier on .97.

I finally got it, but it seemed I had to hit twice as many ramps this time. Got em down to zero I believe. Then the ramp count went back up to 8....WTF?

I don't really understand the power features I guess and how they work.

#1171 5 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Did the new code .98, increase the difficulty involved in getting to Cyborg Multiball. It seemed easier on .97.
I finally got it, but it seemed I had to hit twice as many ramps this time. Got em down to zero I believe. Then the ramp count went back up to 8....WTF?
I don't really understand the power features I guess and how they work.

I think the difficulty is the same. But, the default lite extra ball for power features was increased to 3, up from 2. So that will make it a little harder to get to.

#1172 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think the difficulty is the same. But, the default lite extra ball for power features was increased to 3, up from 2. So that will make it a little harder to get to.

Do you have to make each series of shots twice to get to Cyborg?

It seems after you complete a series of objectives ramps, orbits, spinners etc., it colors the icon and starts the count over again in power mode?

First time Trooper, second time Cyborg? I need a spotter, lol

#1173 5 years ago

Yeah, 8 ramps to start power ramps, 8 more to complete.

Trooper you get by knocking down the drops when "lock" is lit (or sweeping when orb is lit) then locking 3 balls in the orbits (green inserts)

#1174 5 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Do you have to make each series of shots twice to get to Cyborg?
It seems after you complete a series of objectives ramps, orbits, spinners etc., it the colors the icon and starts the count over again?
First time Trooper, second time Cyborg? I need a spotter, lol

Check this out:
http://sternpinball.com/upload/games/iron-maiden/pro/IM%20Backstage%20Pass%20Rules.pdf

Trooper has nothing to do with cyborg. Cyborg is all dependent on the 5 power features (left side of display). When they’re slightly gray’d Out, there will be a # of shots shown for a specific power feature which activates that power feature. Once they’re activated, you hit that soecific power feature shot X number of times again to qualify that feature to be collected at the power jackpot. When the power feature is lit up or pulsing with no numeric value of shots it means it’s ready to be collected at the power jackpot. Having multiple power features pulsing increases the power jp multiplier. Once the power jp is collected, or you drain and miss out the points, that power feature will be completed and checkboxed. Checkbox all 5 features will light cyborg.

Hope that makes sense, I typed it on my phone lol.

#1175 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Check this out:
http://sternpinball.com/upload/games/iron-maiden/pro/IM%20Backstage%20Pass%20Rules.pdf
Trooper has nothing to do with cyborg. Cyborg is all dependent on the 5 power features (left side of display). When they’re slightly gray’d Out, there will be a # of shots shown for a specific power feature which activates that power feature. Once they’re activated, you hit that soecific power feature shot X number of times again to qualify that feature to be collected at the power jackpot. When the power feature is lit up or pulsing with no numeric value of shots it means it’s ready to be collected at the power jackpot. Having multiple power features pulsing increases the power jp multiplier. Once the power jp is collected, or you drain and miss out the points, that power feature will be completed and checkboxed. Checkbox all 5 features will light cyborg.

BTW I just printed that, thanks. I think I had seen it before, but still couldn't really wrap my head around the rules.

Thanks for the clarification.

#1176 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Check this out:

Well done!

I love the risk/reward of deciding when to collect the power jackpots. So much thought and refinement in these rules - all Keith's experience and knowledge brought to bear in this game.

#1177 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Well done!
I love the risk/reward of deciding when to collect the power jackpots. So much thought and refinement in these rules - all Keith's experience and knowledge brought to bear in this game.

Exactly! Fun risk/rewards scoring with the power features.

When I hit my best power jackpot over the weekend (screenshot a few many posts up) - I had just finished the pyramid and with a power jackpot collect would have qualified Cyborg. But rather than just play Cyborg, i noticed my power jp value was roughly around 10M x2 (bottom right corner of display) and i was one X target away from bumping up my pf multiplier to 3x. And not only that, i had pharaoh award #3 lit which boosts the power jackpot by 15M. So i had to go for glory - I lit my 3x, collected my pharaoh #3 award, started my 3x pf multiplier and cashed it all in. Now i would be lying if i said i didnt get a double danger in all that madness lol as there are a lot of risky shots in those strings of shots; But a hell of a payoff and got to start cyborg with a 3x pf

Talk about getting the Adrenalin pumping

#1178 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Check this out:

Wow did not know that...awesome stuff!

Thanks

#1179 5 years ago

Game shipped from Stern today! Looking forward to it

#1180 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

It's bad ass. The ramp flap moves up and down and you need to time a shot right to hit the scoop. It's not a game changer, but it is cool.

That sounds killer to me, but I would be concerned with wear and peening on the front edge of that ramp from ill timed shots. Is that something that has any merit?

#1181 5 years ago

Last week I received my LE. It's super awesome. I got number 43/500. I was pretty stoked to get such a low number too.

#1182 5 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Im already seeing marks in the mylar so not that paranoid

Paranoia Insurance on my IMDN premium has arrived.....

87FDFADE-6A15-4CF2-8858-59728ED70BF9 (resized).jpeg87FDFADE-6A15-4CF2-8858-59728ED70BF9 (resized).jpeg

#1183 5 years ago

Pretty easy install. Only "gotcha" when I went to test fit it was loosening the small metal ramp on the upper left loop to get the protector underneath.

#1184 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Pretty easy install. Only "gotcha" when I went to test fit it was loosening the small metal ramp on the upper left loop to get the protector underneath.

Really...You didn’t have to remove the right ramp or any flippers? How long was the install?
LE/Premium might take more time with the extra hardware from the Sarcophagus lock mechanism in the way...

#1185 5 years ago
Quoted from getadam:

Last week I received my LE. It's super awesome. I got number 43/500. I was pretty stoked to get such a low number too.

Pix, or it didn’t happen

#1186 5 years ago

Oh you need to remove all that shit, that loop ramp was just the only thing that I didn't think of when test fitting the protector. If it's your first one I'd plan about 5 hours. Use naphtha to remove any wax and make sure the playfield is totally dry before putting the protector down. After removing g the top layer clean with novus 2 then 1 or the film residue will really slow things down significantly.

Label your connectors BEFORE disconnecting them.

#1187 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Oh you need to remove all that shit, that loop ramp was just the only thing that I didn't think of when test fitting the protector. If it's your first one I'd plan about 5 hours. Use naphtha to remove any wax and make sure the playfield is totally dry before putting the protector down. After removing g the top layer clean with novus 2 then 1 or the film residue will really slow things down significantly.
Label your connectors BEFORE disconnecting them.

Hmmm... do you really need to use naphtha on a brand new playfield? the instructions state otherwise. Can you novus 2 then 1 the protector top portion before putting it in the game? or wait till it’s installed...

https://www.playfield-protectors.com/docs/PP_Installation_Guide_20171030.pdf

#1188 5 years ago

I remembered reading it was recommended to remove any factory wax even on brand new games. May have been in the protector thread. There's some buildup that can be seen on the paper towel after doing it so I like to perform this step. I really only want to lay the protector down once.

I suppose you could clean it before laying it down but it's easy enough to do right after dropping it in since all the ramps and everything are still removed. The only tradeoff I see doing it your way is scratch potential while moving it around since the film will be gone.

#1189 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Pix, or it didn’t happen

Here's the pic showing 43/500. What's the lowest numbers we've seen around here?

IMG_0795 (resized).jpgIMG_0795 (resized).jpg
#1190 5 years ago
Quoted from getadam:

Here's the pic showing 43/500. What's the lowest numbers we've seen around here?

My LE for sale is #108 and it came via Pinball Pro (FWIW).

#1191 5 years ago

Found out that my Premium should ship Monday and I'll probably get it next Friday or the following Monday. So hyped! I've been purposefully avoiding all the updates in the last month or so. Last time I played one was a Pro right after they started shipping.

#1192 5 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I've been purposefully avoiding all the updates in the last month or so. Last time I played one was a Pro right after they started shipping.

'Wow' the updates kicked in so much stuff, you'll be happy.

#1193 5 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Found out that my Premium should ship Monday and I'll probably get it next Friday or the following Monday. So hyped! I've been purposefully avoiding all the updates in the last month or so. Last time I played one was a Pro right after they started shipping.

Same! Heard my Premium shipped yesterday, should have it next week!

#1194 5 years ago
Quoted from getadam:

Your the man. I had to post that I have 43 on my hat. Lol

#1195 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Why the updates kicked in so much stuff, you'll be happy.

I wanted to be surprised. Once I played the Pro it was a lock that I'd get either that or a Premium. Wanted to keep it feeling fresh.

#1196 5 years ago

Question for you guys....I'm noticing A LOT of scratches on my pf. I've never had a new machine. I keep looking at MET and ACDC and can kinda see them, but looks like they've blended together. My OCD is kicking in about this so I replaced the Ninja balls and they were already knicked up! Wtf?
Is this normal for a brand new pf? The scratches aren't into the clear, no ridges or anything, but they bug the shit outta me!

#1197 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Question for you guys....I'm noticing A LOT of scratches on my pf. I've never had a new machine. I keep looking at MET and ACDC and can kinda see them, but looks like they've blended together. My OCD is kicking in about this so I replaced the Ninja balls and they were already knicked up! Wtf?
Is this normal for a brand new pf? The scratches aren't into the clear, no ridges or anything, but they bug the shit outta me!

Show us your battle injuries !

It is inevitable , flying metal ball at high rated speed. Just listen to the music and beat the crap out of this game

Up the Irons.

#1198 5 years ago

I've tried, my $100 phone won't pick up the minute details. Looks like I answered my own question.
Up the irons!

#1199 5 years ago

Maiden is my only machine under a light. I've noticed with it off, much less noticeable.
Under the light, they are very noticeable. Hard to take pic of though.
20180531_201145 (resized).jpg20180531_201145 (resized).jpg
20180531_201334 (resized).jpg20180531_201334 (resized).jpg

#1200 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I haven’t noticed anything abnormal.
The only pin I have like that, is my Batman66 LE. That one scratch up really fast.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 300.00
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne Beach, FL
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 15,646 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 313.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/24?hl=pinkopf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.