(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,838 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 246 of 317.
#12251 1 year ago

You’ve got an ad on as we speak… but your not a salesman, your just a collector? I’m confused?????

#12252 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

You’ve got an ad on as we speak… but your not a salesman, your just a collector? I’m confused?????

I would prefer not to go into it but I have good reasons

#12253 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I’m having a hard time justifying an extra $2700 for the premium over the pro..
Sarcophagus lock
Flip up ramp
RGB Led spinning flasher
3-D figures
Metal apron
Not sure what else I’m forgetting
I don’t think it’s worth $2700 over the pro...
Edit: retail vs retail price on Sterns next run of games.
[quoted image]

100% get a premium - the artwork is amazing especially if you are into the Egyptian theme. Plus, people say the sarcophagus ball lock and underworld aren't worth it, but the first time (and every time after) you hear the secret entrance opening (and feel it through the shaker), then smack the ball up the left ramp and have it disappear behind the backboard and reappear/get loaded into the ball lock - believe me it's well worth it. Just ties in with the premium art and the theme brilliantly.

#12254 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

100% get a premium - the artwork is amazing especially if you are into the Egyptian theme. Plus, people say the sarcophagus ball lock and underworld aren't worth it, but the first time (and every time after) you hear the secret entrance opening (and feel it through the shaker), then smack the ball up the left ramp and have it disappear behind the backboard and reappear/get loaded into the ball lock - believe me it's well worth it. Just ties in with the premium art and the theme brilliantly.

See every time I think I’ve made my mind up that I’m good with a pro I read a post like this and start thinking Premium. I do think this will be last call on the game so maybe stepping up to the Premium is the right call.

#12255 1 year ago

See every time I think I’ve made my mind up that I’m good with a pro I read a post like this and start thinking Premium. I do think this will be last call on the game so maybe stepping up to the Premium is the right call.

Yes.....come to the darkside! Come to the Premium side! lol. Nah, but seriously man...I wrestled with this Pro vs Premium for a looooong time. Ultimately, I chose a Premium. Some will say I am a dumbass, but I don't care.....I like the Premium. Anyhow....I am trying out the Nitro distributor up in BC Canada for my first time.....as they were on the ball advertising this run of Maidens and could not get a reply back from my previous distributors I have ordered with in the past. To me art is a huge part!! I mean you are gonna be looking at this thing for awhile, you might as well get something that is badass to look at, right?

#12256 1 year ago

I side on the premium purchase too. My main reasons
1. Getting the features the designer intended rather than cost cutting measures is important to me
2. The sarcophagus lock is cool as a ball lock but nobody has mentioned that you hit the ball out of the lock to start mummy Multiball. That feature makes the lock worth it for me
3. Having a bit more variety in starting a mode breaks up the game rather than just hitting up the Center ramp to spell Eddie letters and also start a mode. Without that difference it could get boring I guess
4. The premium artwork appeals to me more but that’s very subjective

#12257 1 year ago

I've only played the pro and really enjoy it. My wife and I actually played it at a show and it's one of the few games (only 2 ever) that my non pinball playing wife turned to me and said, "this is fun, we should get one". I'm sure ignorance is bliss but no fomo since I don't know what I'm missing.

#12258 1 year ago

I realize the early premiums and le games did not have roller switches for the locks and that gave some negative options about that Mech but latter runs have fixed those issues and I have had zero problems other than ball launch path

#12259 1 year ago

Gus looks better in the premium...

#12260 1 year ago

Gus works in the premium! Not just decoration.

Quoted from metallik:

Gus looks better in the premium...

#12261 1 year ago

The art is better, the gameplay is better, the resale is better. The price is not better. 3 to 1. Get the premium #better

#12262 1 year ago

The premium would look incredible with a set of these side rails! I wonder if stern will ever run them again?
Is there any alternate translite for the premium that meshs well with the artwork?

08FC3FCE-3379-4988-B1A3-C991C0CF061C (resized).jpeg08FC3FCE-3379-4988-B1A3-C991C0CF061C (resized).jpeg8F227EC7-C095-4267-82D3-AFF13852987A (resized).jpeg8F227EC7-C095-4267-82D3-AFF13852987A (resized).jpeg

#12263 1 year ago

The premium would look incredible with a set of these side rails! I wonder if stern will ever run them again?
Is there any alternate translite for the premium that meshs well with the artwork?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I would also love those rails for my premium. I asked Zach at flipnout a few days ago and he said he has heard no rumblings of them ever being made again.

#12264 1 year ago

Ohhhh i love these!
Made by Stern?

#12265 1 year ago

Those are pretty badass!!

#12266 1 year ago

Artistically I love the premium. Have the sculpts and center ramp from it on my pro and if there had been an option when ordering to get the premium art package on the pro I would have paid a fair bit for it. Would even consider a cab swap now if someone with a premium really wanted the pro art package. Premiums have historically appreciated better so assuming that holds it's a nice plus if you're not planning to "bolt it to the floor."

For gameplay however I find having the sarc lock and tomb treasure on the left ramp disruptive to flow and limiting strategy-wise.

Each tomb treasure is unique and often before cashing it in you really want to set up something else... multipliers, qualifications for modes/trooper/cyborg, power jackpot value, etc. Pretty reasonable to avoid the right orbit for a bit as center and right ramps provide decent feeds to the upper left and lower right flippers. There's really no substitute for the feed from the left ramp to the lower left flipper. You can use catches and passes from the right flipper to get it there but you really lose the flow of the game until you cash in.

Tomb treasure collects at least disable during some key moments but in my dictionary of pinball "Blue Balls" is defined as "that feeling you get when you're ripping though FOTD or HBTN in one continuous combo with a perfect hot shot out of the right orbit up the left ramp only to realize the sarc lock lit from the sonic boom of the ball flying past when you ripped through the left orbit .1 seconds earlier."

#12267 1 year ago

Have you played both versions?

I have and I DEFINITELY think the premium is far more superior. The Pro seems lacking, just built for speed, no real bells or whistles. Good for tournaments.

But in the end, it comes down to personal preference, so it doesn’t matter what any of us say…..

#12268 1 year ago

Searched the post but couldn’t find definitive info. Does Iron Maiden have any profanity in it or do you have to switch it off adult mode? Does it still say anything in family mode? Knew Metallica cussed but was disappointed when it was still saying Hell,Damn and hinting at A__ in family mode. Thanks in advance

#12269 1 year ago

I don't think there is any profanity, just a plethora of satanic imagery. May want to check on Texas state law to see if it is even legal to own there.

Quoted from BanditBen:

Does Iron Maiden have any profanity in it or do you have to switch it off adult mode?

#12270 1 year ago
Quoted from BanditBen:

Searched the post but couldn’t find definitive info. Does Iron Maiden have any profanity in it or do you have to switch it off adult mode? Does it still say anything in family mode? Knew Metallica cussed but was disappointed when it was still saying Hell,Damn and hinting at A__ in family mode. Thanks in advance

Haven't found any yet but some of the imagery - particularly the extra ball animation - isn't super kid-friendly depending on their sensitivity to gore.

#12271 1 year ago

Not sure what else I’m forgetting

I play a premium at one of my favorite locations and pro at another favorite. By now I don't feel there is any difference that matters to me. But there is a mode that is only premium/LE called "can I play with madness" Have heard insider connected adds it but the game I play doesn't have it. Its fun so might be more important to you than the ball lock or underworld.

But I put a deposit down on a pro. I think this is one of the best examples of Elwin packing the pro with fun. Not all designers do ( looking at you Steve)

#12272 1 year ago

#12273 1 year ago
Quoted from KJL:

But there is a mode that is only premium/LE called "can I play with madness" Have heard insider connected adds it but the game I play doesn't have it.

Interesting

#12274 1 year ago

I really might have to grab another pro. I LOVE this game.

#12275 1 year ago

Yeah. Those are hot shit!

I highly doubt they will ever be ran again.

#12276 1 year ago

Maybe the right person will read this thread and turn the light green!!

#12277 1 year ago
Quoted from BanditBen:

I use to watch Scarface when my kids when they were 3+, they turned out fine. I don't think a couple f bombs are going to warp their future. IM is fine.

#12278 1 year ago

I ended up grabbing a pro. I slightly prefer the premium but considering what sellers were asking vs the pro I just realized it was not worth it for me to spend that kinda money. I do hate the pro translite and want to grab a premium version if possible. Either way, glad to have this awesome game back!

758D97B9-1716-48FE-B39D-3EFD2EA726DA (resized).jpeg758D97B9-1716-48FE-B39D-3EFD2EA726DA (resized).jpeg
#12279 1 year ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

I ended up grabbing a pro. I slightly prefer the premium but considering what sellers were asking vs the pro I just realized it was not worth it for me to spend that kinda money. I do hate the pro translite and want to grab a premium version if possible. Either way, glad to have this awesome game back![quoted image]

Love to see your little guy starting early on both pinball and Iron Maiden! My 13 year old loves them now and he actually prefers the Pro Translite because he loves all of the different Eddie's on it. I ordered him one for Xmas to put on our Prem lol!

#12280 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I don't think there is any profanity, just a plethora of satanic imagery. May want to check on Texas state law to see if it is even legal to own there.

No profanity but agree lots of devils and zombies and skulls. Their lyrics tend not to have cursing.

#12281 1 year ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

I ended up grabbing a pro. I slightly prefer the premium but considering what sellers were asking vs the pro I just realized it was not worth it for me to spend that kinda money. I do hate the pro translite and want to grab a premium version if possible. Either way, glad to have this awesome game back![quoted image]

Retrofurbs has a powerslave album alternate translite.

97C6476A-C306-4D98-9B76-6D4948E90E6B (resized).jpeg97C6476A-C306-4D98-9B76-6D4948E90E6B (resized).jpeg
#12282 1 year ago
Quoted from KJL:

I play a premium at one of my favorite locations and pro at another favorite. By now I don't feel there is any difference that matters to me. But there is a mode that is only premium/LE called "can I play with madness" Have heard insider connected adds it but the game I play doesn't have it. Its fun so might be more important to you than the ball lock or underworld.
But I put a deposit down on a pro. I think this is one of the best examples of Elwin packing the pro with fun. Not all designers do ( looking at you Steve)

No way the Premium pencils out over the Pro money wise, but you hit one big nail on the head--Can I Play with Madness is my favorite mode that is actually obtainable for the average player. Tough choice!

#12283 1 year ago
Quoted from Billy16:

No way the Premium pencils out over the Pro money wise, but you hit one big nail on the head--Can I Play with Madness is my favorite mode that is actually obtainable for the average player. Tough choice!

Does insider connect add this mode to a pro? I thought this mode was already on a pro but I guess not?

#12284 1 year ago

they are super cool! but you could have your machine powder coated for less than those will cost if they rerun!

#12285 1 year ago
Quoted from Alaskanzen:

Does insider connect add this mode to a pro? I thought this mode was already on a pro but I guess not?

Correct. If you have IC and updated code you get Can I Play With Madness on your 3rd or 4th tomb treasure award. It is pretty fun and makes it worth getting the IC for IRMD.

#12286 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Correct. If you have IC and updated code you get Can I Play With Madness on your 3rd or 4th tomb treasure award. It is pretty fun and makes it worth getting the IC for IRMD.

I’m confused
I have one of the previous run premium games, no IC so I do or do not have the “can I play with madness” mode?

#12287 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I’m confused
I have one of the previous run premium games, no IC so I do or do not have the “can I play with madness” mode?

Can I play with Madness is a premium/LE mode, but if you have IC you can access it on the pro machines. If you have a premium machine you should have it.

#12288 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

Can I play with Madness is a premium/LE mode, but if you have IC you can access it on the pro machines. If you have a premium machine you should have it.

Okay cool so I have to play better to reach it lol
How is it accessed on a premium?

#12289 1 year ago

Project coming along , have more to do this week and waiting on Loirs custom backboard/oracle combo .It looks incredible in person .

2919D6D8-F713-4E1B-9ED6-02885948257F (resized).png2919D6D8-F713-4E1B-9ED6-02885948257F (resized).png364B8DBE-B1E9-464C-BFF5-63C50C95B05C (resized).png364B8DBE-B1E9-464C-BFF5-63C50C95B05C (resized).png8B2C676E-76B7-4DDA-A0FB-8F17FF09E5E4 (resized).png8B2C676E-76B7-4DDA-A0FB-8F17FF09E5E4 (resized).png8D3302B4-EA34-4C5E-8115-2413E2C43EBE (resized).png8D3302B4-EA34-4C5E-8115-2413E2C43EBE (resized).pngC1188364-B0A1-4C79-BBAA-6C1FBDAF496A (resized).pngC1188364-B0A1-4C79-BBAA-6C1FBDAF496A (resized).png
#12290 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Okay cool so I have to play better to reach it lol
How is it accessed on a premium?

It's the 3rd tomb treasure.

#12291 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Project coming along , have more to do this week and waiting on Loirs custom backboard/oracle combo .It looks incredible in person .
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful! Where did you get that translite?

#12292 1 year ago

I’m forgetting his name , but he’s on Ebay and looks to have a couple new ones .He has other titles also .

31959079-930F-4934-B7E4-ACEA6AEF6A1E (resized).png31959079-930F-4934-B7E4-ACEA6AEF6A1E (resized).png38442A6D-2F8C-4637-A785-0B408FE55778 (resized).png38442A6D-2F8C-4637-A785-0B408FE55778 (resized).pngB8F16252-6529-496B-A458-5F4A73934CA5 (resized).pngB8F16252-6529-496B-A458-5F4A73934CA5 (resized).png
#12293 1 year ago

Thank you

#12294 1 year ago

The Art of Pinball Oracle Mod 002/500 has arrived in Australia and installed!
I personally think this is the best mod you can get for this pinball, adds so much over the stock plastic with flasher under it

58980800-BCEC-41C4-8A23-D5F978053372 (resized).jpeg58980800-BCEC-41C4-8A23-D5F978053372 (resized).jpeg91DF12EF-4C9E-4A90-8537-99879CF0D9F8 (resized).jpeg91DF12EF-4C9E-4A90-8537-99879CF0D9F8 (resized).jpeg
#12295 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I personally think this is the best mod you can get for this pinball, adds so much over the stock plastic with flasher under it

That is bad ass! Are they doing a special price for the first 100 orders or is the price now $339.00?

#12296 1 year ago

That is bad ass! Are they doing a special price for the first 100 orders or is the price now $339.00?

$339 as far as I know

#12297 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Hey you got it! That was fast looks fantastic. Now try not to stare or you'll miss that left ramp more than you already do

#12298 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

Hey you got it! That was fast looks fantastic. Now try not to stare or you'll miss that left ramp more than you already do

I’m already more aware of when that jackpot is lit lol

#12299 1 year ago

I’m down to my last piece of hardware and can’t find it in my pictures .Can someone lmk where this goes ?

4D2DBE5E-0532-4176-BBB5-3FD5E542DE66 (resized).jpeg4D2DBE5E-0532-4176-BBB5-3FD5E542DE66 (resized).jpeg
#12300 1 year ago

Found it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Wanted
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.50
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

There are 15,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 246 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/246?hl=thebeefsupreme and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.