(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,781 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 minutes ago by mattosborn
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_8416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8418 (resized).jpeg
20240413_163843 (resized).jpg
20240413_143449 (resized).jpg
20240412_190431 (resized).jpg
20240412_190452 (resized).jpg
Polish_20240413_140952356 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_200534433 (resized).jpg
Ironmaidenshipped (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_182738510 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_200534433 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_165233504 (resized).jpg
20240407_164052@4 (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4950 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,781 posts in this topic. You are on page 240 of 316.
#11951 1 year ago

Thanks Toasterdog for his great idea for the diy orb mod. Got mine done tonight. I purchased a very similar set of lights and used 220 grit sand paper on the orb to make it opaque. I sanded down the base so that it was the thickness of the plastic. I drilled hole in the center of the stock plastic and flipped the led so that it faces up. I used a blue light filter between the led and the orb to give it a nice blue color. I really like it. Cheap and easy to do. In the pictures I had mounted the bottom plastic at the wrong spot. I moved it to the right place after.

Screenshot_20221009-232209 (resized).pngScreenshot_20221009-232209 (resized).pngScreenshot_20221009-232234 (resized).pngScreenshot_20221009-232234 (resized).png
#11952 1 year ago

Does anyone have an extra new IMDN Pro playfield they’d be willing to sell (pm me)?

#11953 1 year ago
Quoted from WildRover:

Does anyone have an extra new IMDN Pro playfield they’d be willing to sell (pm me)?

Yea..I've been searchine for a Premium/LE playfield as well with no luck as of yet Good luck with search

#11954 1 year ago

Sleal16

Thank you. Looks great!
Matches very nicely with everything and compliments GUS perfectly !
Pictures don’t do it Justice, and also I’m bad at taking photos lol.

You’re an absolute gem. I appreciate the attention to detail and precise execution.

Up the Irons!
17C72503-644A-47E6-A8E6-CB4E3D3E45AE (resized).jpeg17C72503-644A-47E6-A8E6-CB4E3D3E45AE (resized).jpegA4A7D275-D1FD-4E23-A8A1-2D24F63D5C2E (resized).jpegA4A7D275-D1FD-4E23-A8A1-2D24F63D5C2E (resized).jpegE1427965-4DC3-4D5B-83F8-DC896A0FE931 (resized).jpegE1427965-4DC3-4D5B-83F8-DC896A0FE931 (resized).jpeg

#11955 1 year ago

Here's some nice minis to add to the pinball machine!
https://iron-maiden.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders/info
Am buying one bundle

Pack-1-minis_large (resized).jpgPack-1-minis_large (resized).jpgPack-2-minis_large (resized).jpgPack-2-minis_large (resized).jpgPack-3-minis_large (resized).jpgPack-3-minis_large (resized).jpg
#11956 1 year ago

Holy shitake mushrooms batman! This game rocks! Just picked up one of these in a 3 month temporary trade for my Deadpool and the gameplay is awesome on this. I'm even warming up to the music. Looking forward to learning the code on this one. Hope the wife doesn't mind me starting the kids off as metal heads.

20221016_135824 (resized).jpg20221016_135824 (resized).jpg
#11957 1 year ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

i had to sell my 2 month old IMDN premium to afford the GNR LE. Now i have a one of a kind GNR LE since Slash, Axl and Duff signed it a few months ago at a concert. Slash also signed the upperplayfield where the whole design team has signed it as well
I miss my Maiden but it will be back someday.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

biggest mistake of your life.

#11958 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Holy shitake mushrooms batman! This game rocks! Just picked up one of these in a 3 month temporary trade for my Deadpool and the gameplay is awesome on this. I'm even warming up to the music. Looking forward to learning the code on this one. Hope the wife doesn't mind me starting the kids off as metal heads.
[quoted image]

DP is great but you may end up trying to make the 3 month temp trade a permanent one!

#11959 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

DP is great but you may end up trying to make the 3 month temp trade a permanent one!

Not happening! That’s my Maiden..

#11960 1 year ago
Quoted from RazorV23:

Not happening! That’s my Maiden..

... Then why does the grand champion score have my initials... ?

Edit: You'll get it back in a few months. BKSOR is next on the list for temp trades!

#11961 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

... Then why does the grand champion score have my initials... ?

Cause I suck at it

#11963 1 year ago

Almost broke 1 billion yesterday. I feel like 1 billion is a good score but somewhere around 2 billion would be killing it. I got to a couple of cyborg multiballs but only 3 cards. Not completely sure what I’m doing to get the cards and get to the final wizard mode yet.

I checked the key post about the rules but the link in the post is now broken

1027B1C1-5483-48E2-91EC-2A12804EBF1D (resized).jpeg1027B1C1-5483-48E2-91EC-2A12804EBF1D (resized).jpeg
#11964 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Almost broke 1 billion yesterday. I feel like 1 billion is a good score but somewhere around 2 billion would be killing it. I got to a couple of cyborg multiballs but only 3 cards. Not completely sure what I’m doing to get the cards and get to the final wizard mode yet.
[quoted image]

let me guess, the one you where missing was the Mummy?!
I only did the Mummy card 4 times in 5 months, the other 3 cards are a bit easier ( in my opinion )

#11965 1 year ago

Same. That Mummy card… argh!

Quoted from Days:

I only did the Mummy card 4 times in 5 months, the other 3 cards are a bit easier ( in my opinion )

#11966 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

[quoted image]

http://tiltforums.com/t/iron-maiden-pinball-rulesheet/3787#heading--eddiecards

Eddie Card requirements are:
Card Level 1 Level 2
Mummy Eddie Mummy MB Super Jackpot Mummy MB 2nd Super Jackpot (per game)
Cyborg Eddie Start Cyborg MB Cyborg MB 5x Super Jackpot
Trooper Eddie Trooper MB Super Jackpot Trooper MB All Jackpots at 3x or 5x Jackpot
Soldier Eddie Start 2 Minutes to Midnight 2 Minutes to Midnight 2x Super Jackpot

There's a lot of paths I've seen different people take to a billion but most can abstracted to "Don't die and stack multipliers on whatever parts you're best at."

I've seen it done with <2 modes started/complete.

I also once had a game where I reached the beast with under 250 mil by doing the absolute bare minimum necessary to collect the 4 cards and bricking basically everything else.

Quoted from Days:

I think I've done Mummy more than the other 3 combined.

Ignore lit shots. Cradle 1 ball on left flipper. Loop left orbit from right flipper over and over occasionally clipping the captive ball.

If you're feeling fancy clear the left ramp during initial ball save and if you lose your looping ball at some point fire the cradled ball up the right ramp during the grace period to get it back.

#11967 1 year ago
Quoted from craif:

http://tiltforums.com/t/iron-maiden-pinball-rulesheet/3787#heading--eddiecards

There's a lot of paths I've seen different people take to a billion but most can abstracted to "Don't die and stack multipliers on whatever parts you're best at."
I've seen it done with <2 modes started/complete.
I also once had a game where I reached the beast with under 250 mil by doing the absolute bare minimum necessary to collect the 4 cards and bricking basically everything else.

I think I've done Mummy more than the other 3 combined.
Ignore lit shots. Cradle 1 ball on left flipper. Loop left orbit from right flipper over and over occasionally clipping the captive ball.
If you're feeling fancy clear the left ramp during initial ball save and if you lose your looping ball at some point fire the cradled ball up the right ramp during the grace period to get it back.

hooo i was trying to make all lit shots. indeed the left orbit is quite easy to shoot from right flipper, didn't knew we could do like that. I will try, thank you

#11968 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

hooo i was trying to make all lit shots. indeed the left orbit is quite easy to shoot from right flipper, didn't knew we could do like that. I will try, thank you

Yeah, it's deceptive. All the lit shots do is trigger the add-a-ball. Super Jackpot requires 5 normal jackpots on the captive ball. Lighting the jackpot on the captive ball is any switch hit. 10 to light the first then another 20, 30, 40, 50. The first will usually be lit just from getting trapped up and the first few just need one good spinner rip though usually need 2 for the last 2. If you cash in by grazing the captive and continuing through the spinner the next one starts charging up immediately.

If I don't miss from trap up to super jackpot usually takes me about 9 shots including the final bullseye but I've done it in 7. Could theoretically be done in 5 if the first were already lit, the spinners were hot and you cashed in the fifth with a graze to the right side of the ball that made it up the center ramp to the bullseye.

The same-flipper catch on the return can be tough but if it bounces it's pretty easy to catch it on the left flipper. Either tap the left ball over while the right is airborne or pair them up on the left and cradle-seperate one back. Whichever works better on your machine.

#11969 1 year ago
Quoted from craif:

Yeah, it's deceptive. All the lit shots do is trigger the add-a-ball. Super Jackpot requires 5 normal jackpots on the captive ball. Lighting the jackpot on the captive ball is any switch hit. 10 to light the first then another 20, 30, 40, 50. The first will usually be lit just from getting trapped up and the first few just need one good spinner rip though usually need 2 for the last 2. If you cash in by grazing the captive and continuing through the spinner the next one starts charging up immediately.
If I don't miss from trap up to super jackpot usually takes me about 9 shots including the final bullseye but I've done it in 7. Could theoretically be done in 5 if the first were already lit, the spinners were hot and you cashed in the fifth with a graze to the right side of the ball that made it up the center ramp to the bullseye.
The same-flipper catch on the return can be tough but if it bounces it's pretty easy to catch it on the left flipper. Either tap the left ball over while the right is airborne or pair them up on the left and cradle-seperate one back. Whichever works better on your machine.

this is great info! thank you for sharing!
Maybe i can finally go to the wizard mode, i only one time could have the 4 cards lit, but i lost the ball before starting the wizard mode ( facepalm )

#11970 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Nope. I love my GnR. Especially now its the only one in the world physically signed by Slash, Duff and Axl at the concert here in the Netherlands. This game ain't never leaving. I will pick up another Maiden in the future.

#11971 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

NOPE. Loving my GnR.

#11972 1 year ago

Just wondering if anyone has an idea of when Stern will do the next and I am assuming the last run of Iron maiden.
Thinking of reaching out to my local distro here in Australia to order a Pro tomorrow.
any advice is appreciated

#11973 1 year ago

Anybody going to Greensboro? I won FTTB!
Best place for pinball close?

TR_GreensboroColiseum_1025_IronMaiden-WT_CV_1920x1080-0536abe329 (resized).jpgTR_GreensboroColiseum_1025_IronMaiden-WT_CV_1920x1080-0536abe329 (resized).jpg
#11974 1 year ago
Quoted from Tarzanboy:

Just wondering if anyone has an idea of when Stern will do the next and I am assuming the last run of Iron maiden.
Thinking of reaching out to my local distro here in Australia to order a Pro tomorrow.
any advice is appreciated

Any info or rumors would quickly find their way to the "What's on the line @ stern" thread. From what they've pieced together there's nothing currently on the official schedule and rumors are mostly about other titles. If it happens it's likely to be awhile.

#11975 1 year ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

Anybody going to Greensboro? I won FTTB!
Best place for pinball close?
[quoted image]

I'm going to Newark, NJ on Friday. Jealous of your FTTB.

#11976 1 year ago
Quoted from craif:

Well it was only at the second try, but I finally did it! And finally did the number of the beast! Thanks!
I always thought that to earn the mummy card i needed to start the mummy multiball mode and while in the mode i needed to make the left ramp to lock the ball again, and while with one ball locked in the mode i needed to do the ramps and spell mummy again! Since while in the mummy multball mode we can lock the ball in the sarcophagus ...

IMG_20221020_165646.jpgIMG_20221020_165646.jpg

#11977 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

Well it was only at the second try, but I finally did it! And finally did the number of the beast! Thanks!
I always thought that to earn the mummy card i needed to start the mode and while in the mode i needed to make the left ramp to lock the ball again, and while with one ball locked in the mode i needed to do the ramps and spell mummy again! Since while in the mummy multball mode we can lock the ball in the sarcophagus ...
[quoted image]

Gratz! I picked up the strategy from someone else in here ages ago. We all stand on the shoulders of giants.

I've got a pro at home so I don't have that ball lock thing during mummy normally and muscle memory usually means I ignore it even when I'm on a Prem. Prem owners would know better but I think it gives you 2x switch hits and doubles your jackpots while locked. Left ramp and orbit are same flipper so I imagine the core strategy could be adapted to lock up instead of/in addition to cradling. Not sure about the risk/reward if your goal is just getting the level 1 card but having full use of both flippers would really help with timing the hits for the level 2. I'll have to experiment with it the next time I'm in front of a Prem.

#11978 1 year ago

Newark!

7FE49D73-6EF4-42DB-8917-4F45ACA880CE (resized).jpeg7FE49D73-6EF4-42DB-8917-4F45ACA880CE (resized).jpeg
#11979 1 year ago

Another insane show/tour from Maiden. They just never disappoint. Saw them in Anaheim and took my oldest daughter- her first Maiden concert. She was blown away

#11980 1 year ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Newark!
[quoted image]

Aiming for you from the looks of it.

2022-10-21 21.45.21 (resized).jpg2022-10-21 21.45.21 (resized).jpg
#11981 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Need to get a better picture but you get the idea.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That Anubis looks insane. I have the PinMonk one, but no painting skills, so I’d like to purchase one of yours for Maiden LE. If you’re selling these, please put me on the list or send PM!

#11982 1 year ago

I’ll be at the last stop of their 4 year tour in Tampa this Thurs!
I’ll post a pic or two!
Also, this pin rocks!

#11983 1 year ago

DC!

20221023_214746 (resized).jpg20221023_214746 (resized).jpg20221023_221352 (resized).jpg20221023_221352 (resized).jpg
#11984 1 year ago
Quoted from medeski7:

DC!
[quoted image][quoted image]

looks a very nice concert, who are they? Rammstein?

#11985 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

That Anubis looks insane. I have the PinMonk one, but no painting skills, so I’d like to purchase one of yours for Maiden LE. If you’re selling these, please put me on the list or send PM!

Thanks but I didn't make it, Sleal16 did. I think it is far superior to the PinMonk one and has zero interference issues when installed.

Highly Recommended!

#11986 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

looks a very nice concert, who are they? Rammstein?

I'll take "Concerts by the band in the title of the thread" for $800 Alex...

#11987 1 year ago

We saw them in Detroit 2 weeks ago and it was a great show. Bruce with those flamethrowers was cool and when Icarus fell was slick. Aces High at the end was the highlight though. Glad I gave this pin a try a few years back. Never thought I'd get into the band as much as I have.

Anybody else hear that they are doing another topper run? Only thing left I need on mine.

#11988 1 year ago

Hi all
I’ve just joined the club with a Premium and it’s only had 81 plays
I love the Egyptian style theme so any recommendations for mods?
I have heard of a Egyptian backboard mod?
Thanks all!

#11989 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Hi all
I’ve just joined the club with a Premium and it’s only had 81 plays
I love the Egyptian style theme so any recommendations for mods?
I have heard of a Egyptian backboard mod?
Thanks all!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-iron-maiden-sculpted-mods-by-the-art-of-pinball

This is the topic for the ridiculously cool backboard mod that should be coming out soon.

There are quite a few other egyptian themed mods. The archway over the ramps is popular, same with replacing the anubis at the top of the left ramp which you can see some examples of if you go back a few pages.

Us pro owners often put a coffin with a mummy above the mummy switch but I don't think you have room there on the premium.

#11990 1 year ago

After years of waiting finally got to see them live on the final show of their Legacy tour!!

Every time my pin scrolls through the tour dates I will have fond memories of last night. Got chills hearing Writing on the Wall, Icarus, Run to the Hills and Trooper live

So glad the pinball machine got me into this band. They are phenomenally talented and put on a hell of a show. Never thought they’d have so much energy and enthusiasm after so many years and a particularly long tour, but this last show could easily have been their first 4 years ago based on their performance.

C14F9758-9715-4529-9F83-A473BE298BB3 (resized).jpegC14F9758-9715-4529-9F83-A473BE298BB3 (resized).jpeg
#11991 1 year ago

I'm with you on being able to see and enjoy their work all because of a pinball machine. There were some very cool moments, the opening drums to Senjutsu, that changeover from Japan to the stain glass, Icarus, the huge Eddie, all the big props, especially Aces High. My wife is not really a fan of their music, but she likes the pin and she loved the show. Seeing them perform with that energy at that age was really cool.

#11992 1 year ago

I had 2 minutes till midnight lit but I wasn't sure how to start the mode?? Do you just shoot more Eddie shots until the door to the underworld opens again to start it?

#11994 1 year ago

What a great show in Ottawa!
I worked the show as a local stagehand. My crew shirt says “Eddie’s Army”…” Two Minutes to Load Out” lol
I wonder if I should stick my pass on the coin door??
DD3216F6-8BAA-42F6-AF40-B986632597A2 (resized).jpegDD3216F6-8BAA-42F6-AF40-B986632597A2 (resized).jpeg

#11995 1 year ago

Joined the club today, instead of Bond.

#11996 1 year ago

I think I’m just going to admire this for awhile before I even THINK about wanting to do the swap…..NOS Premium with generous clear coats from Kruzman. It’s just a beauty!

50CA1865-A43A-417E-AB3F-F633CFE8D40D (resized).jpeg50CA1865-A43A-417E-AB3F-F633CFE8D40D (resized).jpeg728E3F8C-2EFA-4B9B-B60C-27322BDF5555 (resized).jpeg728E3F8C-2EFA-4B9B-B60C-27322BDF5555 (resized).jpegC804B091-A82C-44F9-8EDA-08B249C33B34 (resized).jpegC804B091-A82C-44F9-8EDA-08B249C33B34 (resized).jpeg
#11997 1 year ago

Does anyone else do an oracle mod apart from Lior’s one?

#11998 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Mezel has an orb mod. I don't have one personally but can confirm looks better in person than it does on their website. Nothing on the level of lior's but $28. https://mezelmods.com/collections/iron-maiden-legacy/products/iron-maiden-pinball-orb-mod

#11999 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Quoted from craif:

Mezel has an orb mod. I don't have one personally but can confirm looks better in person than it does on their website. Nothing on the level of lior's but $28. https://mezelmods.com/collections/iron-maiden-legacy/products/iron-maiden-pinball-orb-mod

I had this on my Pro (now have an LE). It's was OK but nowhere near Lior's masterpiece.

You could "make your own" with a $35 Clairvoyant Legacy of the Beast figure (these are a lot cheaper if found in stores like Spencer's etc, but they are "blind box").

ebay.com link: itm

#12000 1 year ago

Anyone interested in a powered coated by Robert Stone set of rails, hinges and lock down bar? PM me.....

IMG_20221029_085543 (resized).jpgIMG_20221029_085543 (resized).jpgIMG_20221029_085553 (resized).jpgIMG_20221029_085553 (resized).jpgIMG_20221029_085621 (resized).jpgIMG_20221029_085621 (resized).jpgIMG_20221029_114432 (resized).jpgIMG_20221029_114432 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 15,781 posts in this topic. You are on page 240 of 316.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/240?hl=sleal16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.