(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 239 of 317.
#11901 1 year ago

Just picked up a pro for location- looking forward to getting it setup

9D00521A-3351-4388-9CAC-EF7299AEA133 (resized).jpeg9D00521A-3351-4388-9CAC-EF7299AEA133 (resized).jpeg
#11902 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

So funny I just traded my JJP GNR for my IMDN Prem!

You definitely leveled up there

#11903 1 year ago

Joined the club yesterday! Any good videos out there showing a good strategy on this game?

66E39839-73F6-4B82-BEF2-C56333C25710 (resized).jpeg66E39839-73F6-4B82-BEF2-C56333C25710 (resized).jpeg
#11904 1 year ago

I own an IMDN Prem (it's not leaving) and thinking of adding a Rush Pro. I have played one on location and have really enjoyed it (and I am a Rush fan), but I worry that once I own it and the new game exploration period is over that I will find it to be just a shooter similar to IMDN but not as good and will want to move it. I prefer to buy thinking a game is a keeper, so I am reaching out to those of you who own both games or who have played both extensively to ask your opinion about having both in your home lineup.

#11905 1 year ago
Quoted from Burley9043:

I own an IMDN Prem (it's not leaving) and thinking of adding a Rush Pro. I have played one on location and have really enjoyed it (and I am a Rush fan), but I worry that once I own it and the new game exploration period is over that I will find it to be just a shooter similar to IMDN but not as good and will want to move it. I prefer to buy thinking a game is a keeper, so I am reaching out to those of you who own both games or who have played both extensively to ask your opinion about having both in your home lineup.

I own Maiden and Rush, Rush is the better game with a deeper rule set IMO.

#11906 1 year ago
Quoted from Burley9043:

I own both (IMDN Premium and Rush LE) and they are very different feeling machines. I love the way they both play. Haven't gotten sick of shooting Rush, at all.

#11907 1 year ago
Quoted from Paddy-o:

I own both (IMDN Premium and Rush LE) and they are very different feeling machines. I love the way they both play. Haven't gotten sick of shooting Rush, at all.

Yeah I agree, they are totally different playing games.

#11908 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Joined the club yesterday! Any good videos out there showing a good strategy on this game?
[quoted image]

There are a few.

Papa Pinball of course -

There's this one with the man himself, but it's not as good tutorial wise, you'll have to watch and pay attention -

Then there's the loop strategy. If you are good enough to hit the loop over and over it is pretty strong -

#11909 1 year ago

I have IMDN prem. RUSH prem.& GZ.
fantastic. Brilliant. Awesome games.

Rush specifically, is one of the best games I have ever played. I don’t see it ever leaving my collection.

IMDN is my fav. But Rush has gained on that significantly.
Rush is a much more fair and balanced game.
IMDN is unforgiving and hard. Rush is challenging, as you will never get bored; the code is excellent.
The code of Rush along with the callouts really make it something special. Layout has phenomenal flow and exciting shots. Many options and approaches.
Hope this helps.

Quoted from Burley9043:

#11910 1 year ago

Now I do not own Rush but I have played it. But it does not have the speed or the flow that iron maiden has.
Having said that Rush is a fun game

#11911 1 year ago
Quoted from Burley9043:

I own both. I own Rush because I love Rush the band. I own Iron Maiden because I love the game (and maybe now I love Iron Maiden the band too)

Just my opinion of course, but I could never imagine getting sick of IMDN. It's so fast and open, layout-wise. It has deep rules with various levels of challenges for different skill levels. A lot of replayability

Rush is really fun too, but it shoots quite differently. To me, it feels more closed off and not as smooth. The rules are good, with a lot of layers to them that you can pay attention to or ignore. More snowbally than IMDN I'd say.

I do personally like IMDN more than Rush. But I'm not trying to be negative about Rush. I like it and own it. My main point is that I don't think you are going to get sick of Rush because it is similar in any way to IMDN.

#11912 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

So funny I just traded my JJP GNR for my IMDN Prem!

i had to sell my 2 month old IMDN premium to afford the GNR LE. Now i have a one of a kind GNR LE since Slash, Axl and Duff signed it a few months ago at a concert. Slash also signed the upperplayfield where the whole design team has signed it as well
I miss my Maiden but it will be back someday.

20220624_193831 (resized).jpg20220624_193831 (resized).jpg20220624_203246 (resized).jpg20220624_203246 (resized).jpg20220624_203254 (resized).jpg20220624_203254 (resized).jpg
#11913 1 year ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

i had to sell my 2 month old IMDN premium to afford the GNR LE. Now i have a one of a kind GNR LE since Slash, Axl and Duff signed it a few months ago at a concert. Slash also signed the upperplayfield where the whole design team has signed it as well
I miss my Maiden but it will be back someday.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Too bad those signatures can't improve gameplay.

#11914 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Too bad those signatures can't improve gameplay.

Nothing wrong with its gameplay if you know HOW to play it.

#11915 1 year ago

Thank you!

Quoted from Anony:

There are a few.
Papa Pinball of course -
There's this one with the man himself, but it's not as good tutorial wise, you'll have to watch and pay attention -
Then there's the loop strategy. If you are good enough to hit the loop over and over it is pretty strong -

#11916 1 year ago

Great Game!

#11917 1 year ago
Quoted from Burley9043:

Have an IMDN pro. For awhile had access to Rush Pro with an unforgiving setup (fast, steep, wide outlanes w/o rubbers, shortened saves, etc) and found it nice complement to IMDN that improved my play in general. Would be on my short list if I were add another pin right now. On the more standard setups (pro & premium) I've found in the wild I find it a little too forgiving on account of the double scoops vacuuming up a lot of reckless shots.

Long story short: Set it up a little harder than you set up your IMDN and have a blast.

#11918 1 year ago

Got to see Maiden last night. All I can say is WOW! I’ve seen a lot of shows. This was hands down the best concert I’ve ever been to.

01CBC459-2836-4713-8A83-32765D7D2628 (resized).jpeg01CBC459-2836-4713-8A83-32765D7D2628 (resized).jpeg471883FA-7502-44D3-A3FE-54B3E68339C8 (resized).jpeg471883FA-7502-44D3-A3FE-54B3E68339C8 (resized).jpegE1C6B655-853B-4DC9-A752-EFE9247CF7C6 (resized).jpegE1C6B655-853B-4DC9-A752-EFE9247CF7C6 (resized).jpeg
#11919 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Got to see Maiden last night. All I can say is WOW! I’ve seen a lot of shows. This was hands down the best concert I’ve ever been to.

I'm sad I missed them when they were in town a week or two ago. Hoping for a couple more tours that will bring the back in the next couple of years. Feel like they should since they recently released a new album.

#11920 1 year ago

Where do they get the energy at that age? Just seeing their tour schedule on the attract mode makes me tired and I'm half their age.

#11921 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Highly agree! Saw them here in San Diego last week. The show was fantastic!

#11922 1 year ago

I wonder if stern will update their tour schedule in the game

#11923 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

I wonder if stern will update their tour schedule in the game

I believe they have been. I know the show near me popped up with one of the last updates.

#11924 1 year ago
Quoted from ZodiacMunch:

I believe they have been. I know the show near me popped up with one of the last updates.

Oh that's cool, didn't notice that.

#11925 1 year ago
Quoted from Bulskis9298:

Anyone know where I can get these side rails
Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image]

Found a few old sets of side rails cleaning up
Will probably bring to Pinball Expo

6EDB7C34-078D-4A09-A818-147066041261 (resized).jpeg6EDB7C34-078D-4A09-A818-147066041261 (resized).jpeg
#11926 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Metal:

[quoted image]

I’d be interested in those Maiden rails…

#11927 1 year ago

Man this game is tough! I can’t seem to find the ramps and that left out lane just gobbles the ball up!

What pitch are you all running with?

#11928 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Man this game is tough! I can’t seem to find the ramps and that left out lane just gobbles the ball up!

Yeah this game is brutal. I'm by far an experienced pinball player but no machine I've ever played on is as brutal as the outlanes on maiden. I find a little steeper, near 7 degrees is good since it limits lateral movement a bit.

I also found the precision flippers made it a lot easier to hit the ramps consistently.

#11929 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Yeah I’d take a set of the maiden rails and hinges too.

#11930 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

My approach is to
1) obviously always nudge (not just forward but anticipate where it will hit - nick top of sling, post, left Outlane wall on fly, above Outlane- and figure out whether a left, right forward, shimmy or other is optimal to minimize drain. Remember the machine slides under the ball in direction you nudge, and ball goes opposite way)

2) I’m pretty obsessed with Revive. If it ain’t lit, I’m pounding the left spinner. Similar to JP I always need protection for the effing left Outlane.

#11931 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Sent you a message yesterday after you posted that about the rails if you still got a maiden set.

#11932 1 year ago

Where do you get this topper at? Or is anyone selling one?

8386E6E9-DF86-45B1-8F8E-522CA82B69EC (resized).jpeg8386E6E9-DF86-45B1-8F8E-522CA82B69EC (resized).jpeg
#11933 1 year ago

The Holy Trinity of rock pins !

EA7FBAA2-E188-4679-9792-0115EEF5E04E (resized).jpegEA7FBAA2-E188-4679-9792-0115EEF5E04E (resized).jpeg
#11934 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

The Holy Trinity of rock pins !
[quoted image]

Nice!

#11935 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Nice to see those.

I bought sets of ride the lighting and
Ac/dc years ago ?

Have any separate maiden Pharoh backbox hinges for sale?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#11936 1 year ago
Quoted from Hangry:

Where do you get this topper at? Or is anyone selling one?
[quoted image]

Got one when they were offered by a Pinsider. Don’t think he’s making them anymore.
Nice topper but tends to lean forward .

#11937 1 year ago
Quoted from MJW:

Got one when they were offered by a Pinsider. Don’t think he’s making them anymore.
Nice topper but tends to lean forward .

Try a thread search and you might find the guy who made them to double check if he stopped production.

#11938 1 year ago

MET) North/South pinball at its finest with mechs up the booty ! RUSH) A band that was always very underrated now has a pin that’s underrated .This pin has more flow than Mel’s diner and the best code in all of pinball IMDN ) No need to say anything here .Is anyone going to argue against this being the #1 layout in all of pinball ?

#11939 1 year ago

[quoted image]

I sent you a pm about a set of Iron Maiden side rails if you have any left.

#11940 1 year ago

I know the Iron Maiden side armor is sold out everywhere, but what are some ideas for replacing the factory ones? I know I could alway powder coat some new rails, but I was hoping for other ideas. Thanks and Up the Irons

#11941 1 year ago

Hey guys, I'm going to look at a used iron maiden pro. It has been at a free play arcade so I'm assuming it has seen heavy use. It is $5400, which seems fair as long as everything is working and the playfield is in decent shape. Just wanted to get your thoughts and if there's anything I should be looking out for before buying. Thanks!

#11942 1 year ago

It seems like the right ramp on my pro is really hard to shoot and has a lot of rattles and rejects. The ramp is not centered between the posts and the angle on the left side is not straight. Is this typical?

C735CCD4-58B8-4F7E-A470-31529A6E2339 (resized).jpegC735CCD4-58B8-4F7E-A470-31529A6E2339 (resized).jpeg

#11943 1 year ago
Quoted from Rod_Munch:

Hey guys, I'm going to look at a used iron maiden pro. It has been at a free play arcade so I'm assuming it has seen heavy use. It is $5400, which seems fair as long as everything is working and the playfield is in decent shape. Just wanted to get your thoughts and if there's anything I should be looking out for before buying. Thanks!

Check the back of the playfield at the main loop. This is where the ball falls down from the ramp shot, it can be worn pretty bad if it's not taken care of.
Check the autoplunge and manual plunge and if it makes the loop or not. It can be adjusted but I'm not sure how well they hold up on route.
The pro is pretty basic with no moving mechanisms so I don't think there's anything you need to check on that front other than that all switches/lights are working.
Check for playfield wear around the drop targets, those can get banged up a bit.
I think everything else can be dealt with easily on a pro, it's the playfield wear I'd be looking for.

#11944 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

It seems like the right ramp on my pro is really hard to shoot and has a lot of rattles and rejects. The ramp is not centered between the posts and the angle on the left side is not straight. Is this typical?
[quoted image]

That's how it looks on mine too and yeah that ramp is a pain, if it comes back down you have a good chance of draining in the left outlane. I think the offset is there so it can bounce off the right post if it comes back down rather than go straight towards the center drain.

#11945 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

That's how it looks on mine too and yeah that ramp is a pain, if it comes back down you have a good chance of draining in the left outlane. I think the offset is there so it can bounce off the right post if it comes back down rather than go straight towards the center drain.

same here.

#11946 1 year ago

Thanks! I get the ramp offset. That makes sense. The angle of the left side of the ramp looked like a manufacturing defect. Thank you for checking for me.

Quoted from Anony:

#11947 1 year ago
Quoted from Rod_Munch:

That dude on FB you're referring to is a good guy to buy from BTW. I would buy it if I didn't just get one. Yes, a lot of plays but from his past sales hes an honest guy (for what its worth).

#11948 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

Check the back of the playfield at the main loop. This is where the ball falls down from the ramp shot, it can be worn pretty bad if it's not taken care of.
Check the autoplunge and manual plunge and if it makes the loop or not. It can be adjusted but I'm not sure how well they hold up on route.
The pro is pretty basic with no moving mechanisms so I don't think there's anything you need to check on that front other than that all switches/lights are working.
Check for playfield wear around the drop targets, those can get banged up a bit.
I think everything else can be dealt with easily on a pro, it's the playfield wear I'd be looking for.

Quoted from WildRover:

That dude on FB you're referring to is a good guy to buy from BTW. I would buy it if I didn't just get one. Yes, a lot of plays but from his past sales hes an honest guy (for what its worth).

Thanks for the feedback! Everything looked pretty good on it. I'm going back tomorrow to buy it.

#11949 1 year ago

And, it’s a great price to boot!

Quoted from WildRover:

#11950 1 year ago

I just found NIB Iron Maiden Stern art blades that I forgot I had. I sold the pin a year+ ago. It looks like they're available new for $90. I'm happy to sell them for $45 if someone wants to pick them up. DC/Northern VA area.

Edit: sale pending

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.50
Trade
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 239 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/239 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.