(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,817 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 minutes ago by Rampmaster
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240416_160659390.MP (resized).jpg
25d6415bd4f5ee62b5604e3e73d30ef0bdc2c8d0 (resized).jpg
72038EF4-8215-4C19-B733-688FFB33D320 (resized).jpeg
8820CDAA-4B0B-4D67-844D-8D3197E44344 (resized).jpeg
B267A7B9-3222-426E-B14A-09BCED66716E (resized).jpeg
EEEBA8AA-85EA-4EBE-9123-16F1A419FDC4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6704 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8444 (resized).jpeg
IMNewtonBallLeaf01 (resized).jpg
IMG_5677 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5676 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,817 posts in this topic. You are on page 237 of 317.
#11801 1 year ago

Hey guys! Maiden Pro owner here!! It seems as if my ball lock for the trooper multiball or even mode starts is very slow. The posts come up but it’s a few seconds after it happens. I did just wax the playfield and cleaned thoroughly. The optos all register but for whatever reason, when I hit the center orbit/spinner to lock the ball, the post is very delayed to come up! Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thank you all!

#11802 1 year ago

Figured it out! Just needed switch adjustments! All good!!

Quoted from WombatPinball:

Hey guys! Maiden Pro owner here!! It seems as if my ball lock for the trooper multiball or even mode starts is very slow. The posts come up but it’s a few seconds after it happens. I did just wax the playfield and cleaned thoroughly. The optics all register but for whatever reason, when I hit the center orbit/spinner to lock the ball, the post is very delayed to come up! Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thank you all!

#11803 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Lior has it up on the thread “coming soon “.Making limited 400 units I believe .
[quoted image]

A link, please?

#11804 1 year ago
Quoted from Billy16:

A link, please?

I don’t know how to .I’ll have my kid show me later but go to Little Shop of Games .It’s under The Art of Pinball .

#11805 1 year ago

1-of-4 mods WIP. color scheme draft completed for this oen. Once i get my game put back together will take some new photos. Went with sandstone look vs antique gold. Made a magnetic mount cover to help hide the screws/etc. Second mod WIP sometime in September.

2022-08-26 16.33.00 (1) (resized).jpg2022-08-26 16.33.00 (1) (resized).jpg2022-08-27 01.19.28 (resized).jpg2022-08-27 01.19.28 (resized).jpg2022-08-29 10.55.34 (resized).jpg2022-08-29 10.55.34 (resized).jpg
#11806 1 year ago

Spectacular work. Very well done.

#11807 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:1-of-4 mods WIP. color scheme draft completed for this oen. Once i get my game put back together will take some new photos. Went with sandstone look vs antique gold. Made a magnetic mount cover to help hide the screws/etc. Second mod WIP sometime in September.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great work Sleal

#11808 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

1-of-4 mods WIP. color scheme draft completed for this oen. Once i get my game put back together will take some new photos. Went with sandstone look vs antique gold. Made a magnetic mount cover to help hide the screws/etc. Second mod WIP sometime in September.

Hooo boy hooo boy!
It looks amazing!
And great painting job!

#11809 1 year ago

Awesome!

Love it !

Up The Irons

Quoted from Sleal16:

#11810 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Looks awesome! Thinking of selling these? I'd be interested for sure.

#11811 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Me too, how much will it be ?

#11812 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Me too, how much will it be ?

Thanks!

Yeah, most stuff I'll make some to sell unless its a PITA to produce. Small batches of each thing I make will probably be my route going forward. 20-50 run depending on how much time I get free since doing them in my limited free time from work/family. For these, going to offer a paint DIY blank figure for 40, 2-tone color (a metal type of choice or sandstone finish with shadows for contrast) for 60, and full color for 100.

#11813 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Thanks!
Yeah, most stuff I'll make some to sell unless its a PITA to produce. Small batches of each thing I make will probably be my route going forward. 20-50 run depending on how much time I get free since doing them in my limited free time from work/family. For these, going to offer a paint DIY blank figure for 40, 2-tone color (a metal type of choice or sandstone finish with shadows for contrast) for 60, and full color for 100.

Just like your Godzilla mods, this is a must have. I will be looking out for a list if you start one.

#11814 1 year ago

Anyone have an Iron Maiden premium/le playfield they are willing to sell /trade?

#11815 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Thanks!

I would be interested in a full color one for sure!! Looks amazing!!

#11816 1 year ago

All that $$$ for the Art of Pinball mod and they don't even take the time to cover up the screws on the Pharaoh.

Cheko for the WIN! Nice attention to detail my man.

#11817 1 year ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

I would be interested in a full color one for sure!! Looks amazing!!

And me!

#11818 1 year ago

A few days ago my left up post missed a few times but it passed the coil test so I just kept an eye on it. Today after several thousand plays and exactly a year and a week past the machine's build date it had it's first actual hardware breakdown when the post stopped working entirely.

Checked for technician alerts but had none. Tested the coil in diagnostics again and confirmed it wasn't firing. Unsoldered 1 lug and tested the resistance and found it wasn't passing power at all.

Pulled it out for a closer look and found a cracked solder joint in the coil itself where the copper winding attaches to the lug. Looking at it the joint was pretty sloppy to begin with with no metal-metal contact just a big, ugly glob of solder with the wire stuck in. I'm surprised it lasted this long. After removing the glob and redoing it right everything is back up and running 100%.

Eyeballed the joints on a few other coils and they looked fine but food for thought if you have a coil failure on one of the Aug/Sept 2021 builds.

#11819 1 year ago

Big shout out to Sleal16 for this mod! Loved painting it, and it looks amazing in my machine!!! You rock!

IMG_0070 (resized).JPEGIMG_0070 (resized).JPEGIMG_0073 (resized).JPEGIMG_0073 (resized).JPEGIMG_0075 (resized).JPEGIMG_0075 (resized).JPEGIMG_0077 (resized).JPEGIMG_0077 (resized).JPEG
#11820 1 year ago
Quoted from Paddy-o:

Big shout out to Sleal16 for this mod! Loved painting it, and it looks amazing in my machine!!! You rock!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

nice! They're fun to paint. Some wine/beer + a movie to relax and can zone out for a few hours with a brush (my plans for this weekend for these and some other projects).

#11821 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Thanks!

That looks great. If you decide to do a run, I’ll take a fully painted one. Nice work!

#11823 1 year ago

Not sure if has been mentioned in this thread, I may have missed it ?

Anyone installed SiC in their Iron Maiden ?
Worth while addition ?
I am thinking about if any value adding Insider Connect.

Its ok on Godzilla but SiC kit is $400 aud here its either that or put the money towards more mods.

Appreciate any feedback about Insider for Iron Maiden please.

#11824 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Not sure if has been mentioned in this thread, I may have missed it ?
Anyone installed SiC in their Iron Maiden ?
Worth while addition ?
I am thinking about if any value adding Insider Connect.
Its ok on Godzilla but SiC kit is $400 aud here its either that or put the money towards more mods.
Appreciate any feedback about Insider for Iron Maiden please.

If you still have that Godzilla on your profile page, just buy an sd card and wifi dongle for Maiden and register using Godzilla's scanner if needed. Then just use home team for IMDN. Much cheaper option

#11825 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

If you still have that Godzilla on your profile page, just buy an sd card and wifi dongle for Maiden and register using Godzilla's scanner if needed. Then just use home team for IMDN. Much cheaper option

Ah awesome, thanks!!!
Is there any reference guide or key post to make this happen ?
That would be so cool not to have to install another scanner. I really like the custom apron cards on my Iron Maiden

#11826 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

The game plays the same with or without. I am steering less and less away from modding the hell out of my games these days because people really don't seem to care about them when you go to sell it. I have also noticed in the past that some people don't take the time to install a lot of these mods carefully either which leads to subpar installation IMO.
With all this said, it is the nicest mod I have ever bought for a pinball machine that wasn't from the manufacturer and further more no one forced me to buy it either. It's a very nice mod with a hefty price tag but it is, what it is. I am not in the lesast bit sorry that I bought it and God knows how much work goes into building one of them either!

^^^^
This

Most people are really shitty techs, lack attention to detail and often make the machine play worse for a blinky light.

And the mods are often a loss when selling.

Paying lior prices for a sculpture, no thanks. I play pinball, it is a kinetic + sound experience for me not a beauty contest.

The only really cool mod I can think of:
tron Eli ramps

#11827 1 year ago

Got my precision flippers installed. They feel great. Lots of power and consistency. I was hitting ramp shots so much easier than I could before.

PXL_20220902_211106889 (resized).jpgPXL_20220902_211106889 (resized).jpgPXL_20220902_211110262 (resized).jpgPXL_20220902_211110262 (resized).jpgPXL_20220902_211114429 (resized).jpgPXL_20220902_211114429 (resized).jpg
#11828 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

Got my precision flippers installed. They feel great. Lots of power and consistency. I was hitting ramp shots so much easier than I could before.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If you don’t mind , what did the whole set cost for IMDN ? i was on his site it’s a little confusing .Also , any worry about playfield damage ? Just trying to get a feel but seems everyone that has tried them have been saying good things .Like I need something else to spend $ on in pinball

#11829 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

If you don’t mind , what did the whole set cost for IMDN ? i was on his site it’s a little confusing .Also , any worry about playfield damage ? Just trying to get a feel but seems everyone that has tried them have been saying good things .Like I need something else to spend $ on in pinball

I'd recommend the full kits with bushings. That's the combination that gives the great feel and precision. A 3-flipper full kit with colored bats is $157.50. If you want to add the mini-flipper (currently only available in silver), you'd have to manually add a miniflipper bat, shaft, and bushing. About $60 for all those.

#11830 1 year ago

Been seeing alot on those flippers…at what point is it pseudo cheating if it truly impacts the game. I know we’re not talking tourney play or anything like that and it doesn’t matter for home players.

#11831 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

I'd recommend the full kits with bushings. That's the combination that gives the great feel and precision. A 3-flipper full kit with colored bats is $157.50. If you want to add the mini-flipper (currently only available in silver), you'd have to manually add a miniflipper bat, shaft, and bushing. About $60 for all those.

Thanks ,I read your review and it’s what got me interested in it .I’m fine with it ,but also worried it will make me somewhat upset to go out for league night .Either way I’m going to try it in 1 game and probably should go with MET since it will be cheaper

#11832 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

Been seeing alot on those flippers…at what point is it pseudo cheating if it truly impacts the game. I know we’re not talking tourney play or anything like that and it doesn’t matter for home players.

This debate has been going on in the topic dedicated to the flippers. I think it all depends on your personal situation. If you're a tournament player you probably don't want them since you will have to adjust to normal flippers when you play competitively. If you're like most of us and just having fun I think they can be a nice improvement since the game is still working as intended, just better.
I also think if you're a really good player it probably doesn't matter as much at the end of the day since those guys can hit shots at will already, but for us mere mortals I like the idea that they take some slop out of the parts and give a more consistent shot. Maybe it's more mental than anything though.

They are definitely snappier and you will have to turn down the solenoid power to avoid overshooting, but the plus side of that is that it gives more room for adjusting the game to exactly how you like it. I am able to hit the pharoah ramp from the right flipper with a lot of power now when before the shot would just barely make it up the ramp and onto the target and I like that.

Whether it's cheating? I wouldn't go that far, it's more like the difference between a well maintained game and a poorly maintained one that misses because of reasons beyond the player's control. The tolerance on the shaft/bushing is quite amazing compared to the parts Stern uses.
I don't think they give enough of an advantage to be considered cheap or cheating but I would like to see if the really good players get even more consistent when they use them. Everyone seems to feel differently about this kind of topic so it's really going to come down to personal preference.

Being able to adjust the flipper angle quickly is probably going to be a big selling point for some people too since it's quite a pain to do it on the stock Stern setup.

They look pretty sweet too which is always a bonus.

#11833 1 year ago

I don’t think it’s cheating, it’s your machine set it up however you like. People spend a lot of money on their machines, they should set them up however they want to make them the most amount of fun for them, if someone wants to play on 10 balls on their own machine I think that’s fine too.

I like having flipper fans and Titan rubbers, I won’t be getting the precision flippers though. I feel like the fans just make the game work as intended when I play for a long time. The titans are partly to make the machine not get as dirty. I think these new flippers, if they make shots easier, that’s actually going to make me a worse player over time. There’s other settings I’d rather play with to make a game easier. I played with a really loose tilt bob for a while and it made me worse after a while because I knew I could just slide the machine around endlessly to save any bad shots so I didn’t have to be as accurate.

I also hope they don’t become so standard an add on that designers start making games more difficult because their games are becoming easier than they intended.

#11834 1 year ago
Quoted from Hasse:

Same for me. About 1000 games and 100% autoplunge accuracy after removing the minimal edge on the end of the guide.
Need to adjust the Mummy captive ball though…

Mine used to work great and then I waxed and now it’s all over the place. Is there a post number discussing the filing of the guide?

That mummy captive ball, brutal I finally got mine pretty well functioning but really had me down on the game for awhile. But when it’s working, one of my favorite, played all night tonight.

#11835 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Mine used to work great and then I waxed and now it’s all over the place. Is there a post number discussing the filing of the guide?
That mummy captive ball, brutal I finally got mine pretty well functioning but really had me down on the game for awhile. But when it’s working, one of my favorite, played all night tonight.

Just feel the end of the guide where the ball exits that little gate from the plunge lane and see if you feel any bur or roughness on the edge. If you do get a file and try to flatten it out.

You can also take off the plastic and there is an adjustment screw. Loosen it a bit and push the guide in whichever direction it needs to go based on how yours is failing, then tighten it back up.

I will say though even after I upgraded the solenoid on the autoplunge to be bigger, removed the bur and adjusted the guide mine has never been 100%. It might have to do with the machine not being perfectly level, but I think it's just a design that is flawed and expecting 100% is unrealistic.

#11836 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

Just feel the end of the guide where the ball exits that little gate from the plunge lane and see if you feel any bur or roughness on the edge. If you do get a file and try to flatten it out.
You can also take off the plastic and there is an adjustment screw. Loosen it a bit and push the guide in whichever direction it needs to go based on how yours is failing, then tighten it back up.
I will say though even after I upgraded the solenoid on the autoplunge to be bigger, removed the bur and adjusted the guide mine has never been 100%. It might have to do with the machine not being perfectly level, but I think it's just a design that is flawed and expecting 100% is unrealistic.

not to start a pissing contest but mine is 100% and has been since I dialled it in .

#11837 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

On the captive ball ,I reverse crimped the the leaf switch and it’s stayed over 2 years now .I’ll send a picture tomorrow night .The first game I miss 2 auto plunges I replace the coil sleeve ,Sand the coil stop and wax .It’s always gone back to 100% after .Get roughly 200 games each time .

#11838 1 year ago

Reverse crimped the top leaf .So it has a hair between it and the next .I sometimes use this truck with pneumatic stats at work so figured why not

#11839 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

not to start a pissing contest but mine is 100% and has been since I dialled it in .

lol, I believe you! I just find that even when mine seems adjusted as well as I can it still misses occasionally. The floor my machine is on is really uneven though so I think as I nudge it becomes slightly out of level and that might play a part.

#11840 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Reverse crimped the top leaf .So it has a hair between it and the next .I sometimes use this truck with pneumatic stats at work so figured why not

I'm intrigued by this because I know it will fail again (once something comes loose, etc), but I don't know what a reverse crimp is. Would you be able to get a picture of what you did that works? I switched from the round post to the pencil tipped post, which works better except when it goes over center and gets stuck outside the spoon.

#11841 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:I'm intrigued by this because I know it will fail again (once something comes loose, etc), but I don't know what a reverse crimp is. Would you be able to get a picture of what you did that works? I switched from the round post to the pencil tipped post, which works better except when it goes over center and gets stuck outside the spoon.

Absolutely ,I’ll get a picture up later tonight or tomorrow latest .Basically I took needle nose pliers and crimped the top leaf (roughly in the middle )toward the longer leafs underneath .I do this at work with sensitive pneumatic controls and I learned this from my mentor .The crimp holds its place very well .I can’t remember having to ever go back on any I’ve done over the years .I was having fits at first adjusting it over and over then crimped and have not had to lift this playfield (besides a few mods ) in over 2 years .

AD472BAE-1687-4BC7-9192-A5B2523CB7DE (resized).jpegAD472BAE-1687-4BC7-9192-A5B2523CB7DE (resized).jpeg
#11842 1 year ago

I am looking for left backbox decal

LEFT SIDE im (resized).jpgLEFT SIDE im (resized).jpg
#11845 1 year ago

Sometimes the pinball gods are unfair. Best game Ive ever had. Got to number of the beast and can i play with madness for the first time ever. and my score ended up being like one slingshot away from a billion. Come on man!

20220908_201029489_iOS (resized).jpg20220908_201029489_iOS (resized).jpg
#11847 1 year ago
Quoted from Tjohejsan:

I know that one.
But dont really want to pay 43$ in shipping cost to Europe.

Please excuse this mini-rant, it's not directed (mostly) at you. I really, really wish folks that post open-ended requests would put the parameters around those requests with them. In this case, someone asks for a specific part. Several folks quickly provide the links for that exact part. Only then does the OP state something to the effect "I only want something available in the EU". If you had noted that initially, it would have saved several folks the hassle. Sorry. /rantoff

#11848 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Please excuse this mini-rant, it's not directed (mostly) at you. I really, really wish folks that post open-ended requests would put the parameters around those requests with them. In this case, someone asks for a specific part. Several folks quickly provide the links for that exact part. Only then does the OP state something to the effect "I only want something available in the EU". If you had noted that initially, it would have saved several folks the hassle. Sorry. /rantoff

But in this case i dont only search for EU.
And i never wrote that, so stop lying.
And yes i think you are a rant-dickhead!
Maybe someone has on laying around or know some other place where to buy it with less shipping cost. Lets say one in the US that could send it for far less then 43 $

So i search the whole world for one with ok shipping cost.

#11849 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I'm intrigued by this because I know it will fail again (once something comes loose, etc), but I don't know what a reverse crimp is. Would you be able to get a picture of what you did that works? I switched from the round post to the pencil tipped post, which works better except when it goes over center and gets stuck outside the spoon.

. Sorry it took so long .I took needle nose and reverse crimped the outer leaf (crimped toward the leaf it’s laying on ) and what this does is pretty much mold it in a permanent position as opposed to laying on it where it would need to be adjusted from time to time (pinballs smashing on the captive ball jarring it loose more often ).I use this method with pneumatic stats at work (johnson controls mainly ) instead of using the sensitivity setting which ,as Ive learned ,needs periodic attention .

205E06BC-2308-40A1-8507-F91ED9064CD6 (resized).png205E06BC-2308-40A1-8507-F91ED9064CD6 (resized).png361D6C94-4DCB-4B50-9CB1-78711689D22D (resized).png361D6C94-4DCB-4B50-9CB1-78711689D22D (resized).png9A2A0735-54DA-4CB9-A61B-C0641512A0F3 (resized).png9A2A0735-54DA-4CB9-A61B-C0641512A0F3 (resized).pngD88DE023-0BAA-4450-AD3F-8883BF1357C2 (resized).pngD88DE023-0BAA-4450-AD3F-8883BF1357C2 (resized).png
#11850 1 year ago

I’ve done this on a few pinbsll switches and have never needed to go back to it for what it’s worth

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,817 posts in this topic. You are on page 237 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/237?hl=sleal16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.