(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,653 posts
  • 1,042 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Kkoss24
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2458 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2456 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2459 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6659 (resized).png
IMG_6658 (resized).png
IMG_6660 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6664 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6662 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6663 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5503 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240325_202244_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240325_202205_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
IMG_8122 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,653 posts in this topic. You are on page 234 of 314.
#11651 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

You know when the Premium is better? When you drinking beers. Lots of opportunities.

Life's mantra: "So many opportunities when drinking Beer."

#11652 1 year ago

I can categorically say that I’ve never regretted the stop/slowdown of the SW Heperloop or the T-Rex on JP premium. It’s the same to me as the gum ball machine on TZ or the flying monkey on Woz. I do a little fist pump during the pause.

#11653 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I think the LE's are for people who really like the theme the most. Like say Stranger Things was one of your favorite shows or Rush was your favorite band, then I would buy an LE.

Quoted from Hammer3246:

When it comes to Maiden, I really don't like the artwork on the LE. Premium is the best looking of the three.

Only reason I bought an LE was I liked the artwork the best. Rumor had it the band liked the original Premium airborne Eddie artwork and made Stern swap it to their LE's. Bummer for me, I would have bought a Premium--don't really like the Egyptian theme all that much. If you have not seen the LE artwork in person photos don't come close to an accurate depiction.

#11654 1 year ago

I installed clear pop bumpers as part of the IM refurb I'm doing. Here's a few pics, FYI. Bit of a different look. Thankfully, Stern extended the artwork to under the skirts.

IMG_1999 (resized).JPGIMG_1999 (resized).JPGIMG_2002 (resized).JPGIMG_2002 (resized).JPGIMG_1994 (resized).JPGIMG_1994 (resized).JPGIMG_1993 (resized).JPGIMG_1993 (resized).JPG
#11655 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

I installed clear pop bumpers as part of the IM refurb I'm doing. Here's a few pics, FYI. Bit of a different look. Thankfully, Stern extended the artwork to under the skirts.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those look good, I like it!

#11656 1 year ago

Hi All
Friend has a IM Pro- turned it on last night and all the LED’s are strobing.. like in attract mode, but when in game.

Has anyone had this before?

Might try. Unplugging all connectors on CPU and then reseating SD Card..

Could it be a Node board issue?

Thanks

#11657 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Hi All
Friend has a IM Pro- turned it on last night and all the LED’s are strobing.. like in attract mode, but when in game.
Has anyone had this before?
Might try. Unplugging all connectors on CPU and then reseating SD Card..
Could it be a Node board issue?
Thanks

I'd try a factory reset before doing anything else. Start worrying about other things if that doesn't fix it.

#11658 1 year ago

Apologies.. it is not Iron Maiden, but Metalica that is playing up.

Will take it over to that thread or SAM tech..

Thanks

#11659 1 year ago

Question isnt IMDN specific, but....I dont have experience with decal materials. The side of my cab art had a scuff in which Stern sent me a replacement decal. It was kinda crushed in the mail it seems, and before I go and remove the old on, I wanted to ask if with these kinds of materials do creases flatten out when removed from the backing paper? Photo is one of a couple of other similar spots.

2022-07-15 09.13.26 (resized).jpg2022-07-15 09.13.26 (resized).jpg2022-07-15 09.13.42 (resized).jpg2022-07-15 09.13.42 (resized).jpg
#11660 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Question isnt IMDN specific, but....I dont have experience with decal materials. The side of my cab art had a scuff in which Stern sent me a replacement decal. It was kinda crushed in the mail it seems, and before I go and remove the old on, I wanted to ask if with these kinds of materials do creases flatten out when removed from the backing paper? Photo is one of a couple of other similar spots.
[quoted image][quoted image]

mmmh, that is a good question. Curious to know what you find out

#11661 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

mmmh, that is a good question. Curious to know what you find out

Yeah, searches just mention avoiding creasing during application, which would make sense with the glue pinching. Just dont know if it smoothens out if its pre-creased. I've messaged Stern to ask to see if its "normal" or if I need another one.

#11662 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

I highly recommend buying this dude for when you go to install the new one.

https://www.amazon.com/Gold-Label-Detailing-Application-Squeegee/dp/B09LNQP9LH/ref=sr_1_1_sspa

#11663 1 year ago

Finely Iron Maiden Premium in my line up.

Originally I had a Maiden Pro and sold it in the before time with the intent to get a IM Premium.
Ended up missing out on the initial runs and outbid on a IM LE so time marched on and I started
to regret selling Maiden Pro. Since I have access to a IM pro recently, I decided to get the Premium.

This game sits next to Godzilla Premium and Deadpool Premium for a reason. Newness bias be
damned this game straight up rocks. Want put that Stranger Things scene in the game with Eddie
holding the Cassette tape with Maiden on it.. Would make a killer Attract

#11664 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Finely Iron Maiden Premium in my line up.
Originally I had a Maiden Pro and sold it in the before time with the intent to get a IM Premium.
Ended up missing out on the initial runs and outbid on a IM LE so time marched on and I started
to regret selling Maiden Pro. Since I have access to a IM pro recently, I decided to get the Premium.
This game sits next to Godzilla Premium and Deadpool Premium for a reason. Newness bias be
damned this game straight up rocks. Want put that Stranger Things scene in the game with Eddie
holding the Cassette tape with Maiden on it.. Would make a killer Attract

How do you like the premium over the Pro? I have been debating an upgrade but never played the pro and I like the Pro a lot, wondering if they premium is slower??

#11665 1 year ago

I like premium better and feel it is a better home game..
Pro is a great location / tournament game.

#11666 1 year ago

Are there any Amazing aftermarket Mods that I should be checking out.

Toppers.. Anyone do anything better than Sterns hard to find topper?

#11667 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Are there any Amazing aftermarket Mods that I should be checking out.
Toppers.. Anyone do anything better than Sterns hard to find topper?

The best mod for the game, hands down IMO.

2022-07-07 17.24.52 (resized).jpg2022-07-07 17.24.52 (resized).jpg2022-07-09 13.25.15 (resized).jpg2022-07-09 13.25.15 (resized).jpg

#11668 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

The best mod for the game, hands down IMO.

That is the best mode I have seen in pics. Looks amazing.

On that note I like to report:
My auto plunge still works 100%

Also, now seriously, just dropped the game to 6.5 degrees and - just realized - the flipper were not as droppy as they should have been so I made them be… lol

Never had my ass kicked by my own game like that. I just realized, it was set up easier from the factory and I believe Elwin designed this game for droppy flippers.

Let me tell you, I used to get everything on this game… all the shots, now everything is on a different place not to mention the ball is really hard to cradle…

Kicked my asssss!!!! And loved it. I was getting bored of the game to be honest Although I never managed to finish it I can get through 70% often, but now?!… holly crap, it is a different game.
I need to relearn all the shots!

#11669 1 year ago

That is the best mode I have seen in pics. Looks amazing.
On that note I like to report:
My auto plunge still works 100%
Also, now seriously, just dropped the game to 6.5 degrees and - just realized - the flipper were not as droppy as they should have been so I made them be… lol
Never had my ass kicked by my own game like that. I just realized, it was set up easier from the factory and I believe Elwin designed this game for droppy flippers.
Let me tell you, I used to get everything on this game… all the shots, now everything is on a different place not to mention the ball is really hard to cradle…
Kicked my asssss!!!! And loved it. I was getting bored of the game to be honest Although I never managed to finish it I can get through 70% often, but now?!… holly crap, it is a different game.
I need to relearn all the shots!

so droppy....lowered past the hole markers? or had them higher then put them to the markers

#11670 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

so droppy....lowered past the hole markers? or had them higher then put them to the markers

What’s with the droppy….. isn’t it droopy??

#11671 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

What’s with the droppy….. isn’t it droopy??

Lolol. Yeah droopy

Quoted from Sleal16:

Droopy is below the dots. It will change the geometry of the shots.
The tip of the flipper bat - not the rubber - is just below the dot.

#11672 1 year ago

PPP Precision flipper system. See my separate review for details.

IMG_2071 (resized).JPGIMG_2071 (resized).JPGIMG_2073 (resized).JPGIMG_2073 (resized).JPG
#11673 1 year ago

Do they work better than they look?

#11674 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

PPP Precision flipper system. See my separate review for details.[quoted image][quoted image]

Digging the concept and construction of the flipper systems just needs flipper bats to add to the aesthetics.

#11675 1 year ago

He has lots of colors. Works fantastically well. Precise, no slop. Above-table flipper bat change and adjustment.
IMG_2042 (resized).JPGIMG_2042 (resized).JPGIMG_2057 (resized).JPGIMG_2057 (resized).JPGIMG_2067 (resized).JPGIMG_2067 (resized).JPG

#11676 1 year ago

Can someone please help me with the big loop shot?
It was not registering all the loops so I installed this kit:
https://pu-parts.com/imd-iron-maiden-pu-upgrade-kit

Now it seems like it is registering more but not all. Looks like the first loop is not registered.
Does the code only starts to count at the second loop or something is wrong?

I am sure there are plenty of posts about this but I can't seem to find a topic on this.

Help!

#11677 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

PPP Precision flipper system. See my separate review for details

Read the review and all the reply posts and still not convinced there will be any significant improvement on standard bats. You claim you could shoot some of the shots better on this machine but the jury is out on whether that's the result of the product itself...
Best comment i've seen so far was >> Marketing wank

#11678 1 year ago

Recently played an Iron Maiden Prem and a Godzilla Pro (they were sitting next to one another). I guess both these machines were designed by Mr. Elwin? Is it just me or does the Iron Maiden play a whole lot quicker than Godzilla? Or was it just how the settings were set? I could play a Godzilla game about four times as long as Iron Maiden which made Godzilla a whole lot more fun to play. I hate to say it, but Maiden was so frustrating that it was nearly unplayable.

#11679 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Recently played an Iron Maiden Prem and a Godzilla Pro (they were sitting next to one another). I guess both these machines were designed by Mr. Elwin? Is it just me or does the Iron Maiden play a whole lot quicker than Godzilla? Or was it just how the settings were set? I could play a Godzilla game about four times as long as Iron Maiden which made Godzilla a whole lot more fun to play. I hate to say it, but Maiden was so frustrating that it was nearly unplayable.

I think its the most brutal of his 4. A lot more packed closer to the flippers where inaccurate shots will fling the ball to the outlanes a lot easier. Considering a good chunk of the game is super reliant on those two ramps, and they're a pain to get down consistently, it can feel at times its hard to progress.

Wife and I are still pinball novices, and even though the game kicks our butts on a regular basis, we have a blast because of the theme integration. And when we get in the groove and hit those difficult shots consistently, nothing but satisfaction. But for sure theres a hurdle to get past with this game.

#11680 1 year ago

Zilla is a long player, is the easiest Elwin to play.
Iron Maiden can be tough but can also be easier if you set it up.
Iron Maiden is for me the best Elwin, and Zilla the second best by a hair.
Jp 3rd no doubt also awesome and tough.
If you think Iron Maiden was tough play JP and report back. Lol

#11681 1 year ago

Zilla is a long player, is the easiest Elwin to play.
Iron Maiden can be tough but can also be easier if you set it up.
Iron Maiden is for me the best Elwin, and Zilla the second best by a hair.
Jp 3rd no doubt also awesome and tough.
If you think Iron Maiden was tough play JP and report back. Lol

I do need to play more JP. The times we gotten games in, it felt easier than IMDN. We've only put a couple of hours in it so far and still waiting for our home unit to come up in production maybe sometime next year.

Terms only in difficulty (just shots) from easiest to hardest for us so far: GZ, AIQ, JP, IMDN

#11683 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Maiden's outlanes are brutal. Everyone who comes to my house and tries it loves it but they inevitably end up cursing the machine for how many times they drain.

My other machine is metallica and even when I'm playing badly I tend to go for 5-10 minutes. On Maiden I can drain and be dead in like 2 minutes, I find it to be brutally hard.

#11684 1 year ago

Maiden CAN be brutal on the outlanes especially, but it's also a machine where you really can nail the shots with practice. I think out of all my machines, I'd put Maiden in the middle somewhere in terms of difficulty, but I think I can get to the mini-wizard and achieve pretty reasonable scores more consistently than all my others now.

Edit: I've still NEVER got to Number of the Beast though (very close many times)! As for RTTH, forget it - it's a dream...

#11685 1 year ago

Is Stern officially done with producing this game or do you guys think they will make more in the future?

#11686 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Is Stern officially done with producing this game or do you guys think they will make more in the future?

Speculative that theres a run in 2023 (dont even know what quarter if they do). They had archived and unarchived the game and then random rumors from distributors. Havent seen anything concrete

#11687 1 year ago

TECH QUESTION: The ramp will lift up in test mode. Won’t hold but will go up and down quickly. When i looked under the playfield at the mech that controls the ramp I noticed something that looks to be missing. Any help would be appreciated.

411BE29B-FDF3-4138-B0E9-2751093D2F1B (resized).jpeg411BE29B-FDF3-4138-B0E9-2751093D2F1B (resized).jpegCDB4C1C8-A2F2-493E-A934-CC44A6A73D80 (resized).jpegCDB4C1C8-A2F2-493E-A934-CC44A6A73D80 (resized).jpeg
#11688 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Speculative that theres a run in 2023 (dont even know what quarter if they do). They had archived and unarchived the game and then random rumors from distributors. Havent seen anything concrete

I'm looking forward to that next run if it happens. In my opinion, it's one of the best Sterns out there.

#11689 1 year ago

I am going to say if they do rerun it, my guess is Pro's only but that is strictly a guess.

#11690 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I am going to say if they do rerun it, my guess is Pro's only but that is strictly a guess.

I was watching a stream of IMDN premium to see if it was worth the upgrade and I have to say, I think the premium looked easier to play than the pro. Of course, this might only be my imagination but to start a mode in the pro you have to make the ramp whereas in the premium is just shooting the 'underworld' under the ramp. Arguably the underworld shot is much easier once you played for 20 min and you have flipper fade. lol

The mummy lock is sort of cool but not worth the 3K Canadian pesos it would cost me...

Anyway, that is it.

lol

Plunger report:
Looky Looky, after changing pitch and else. My manual plunge now hits the upper flipper! lol auto plunge is perfect at 200 power! so lots of room for adjustment.
Another side note. I am enjoying the game a lot more at 6.5 and droopy flippers - the ball is harder to control now and the game plays faster than before - to my surprise!
ymmv
Here we go again at tuning the shooter lane.

Cheers!

#11691 1 year ago

I was watching a stream of IMDN premium to see if it was worth the upgrade and I have to say, I think the premium looked easier to play than the pro. Of course, this might only be my imagination but to start a mode in the pro you have to make the ramp whereas in the premium is just shooting the 'underworld' under the ramp. Arguably the underworld shot is much easier once you played for 20 min and you have flipper fade. lol
The mummy lock is sort of cool but not worth the 3K Canadian pesos it would cost me...
Anyway, that is it.
lol
Plunger report:
Looky Looky, after changing pitch and else. My manual plunge now hits the upper flipper! lol auto plunge is perfect at 200 power! so lots of room for adjustment.
Another side note. I am enjoying the game a lot more at 6.5 and droopy flippers - the ball is harder to control now and the game plays faster than before - to my surprise!
ymmv
Cheers!

Makes sense but I own the premium so I am a bit bias I suppose but I have played the pro as well.

#11692 1 year ago

Anyway, that is it.
lol
Plunger report:
ymmv
Cheers!

I've been starting my games at 6.5 and bumping from there till it feels correct. IMDN I have at 6.8 as 6.5 felt little sluggish. Did you have it lower than that before?

And reporting in here as well....Ever since installing the shooter lane protectors, auto plunge has been pretty immaculate for a couple of months now.

#11693 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

I've been starting my games at 6.5 and bumping from there till it feels correct. IMDN I have at 6.8 as 6.5 felt little sluggish. Did you have it lower than that before?
And reporting in here as well....Ever since installing the shooter lane protectors, auto plunge has been pretty immaculate for a couple of months now.

My game was 7 degrees. It was too easy to play, easy to craddle and the flippers were not droopy, or as droop as they could have been.

When at 7 at the flippers that put my upper pf portion at about 7.4 degrees.

It felt good and fast but it did not play as well - I know realize - after 800 plays like that, that the current pitch is better.

6.5 at the flipper put the upper pf portion at about 6.8-9 and now it plays how I like it.
The droopy flippers also make the ramps much more doable AND lighting fast.
The game plays reallly really well now - it scares me how fast it plays.

I use a digital angle finder to calculqte pitch and it is very accurate. I recommend it. It is the tool of choice woodworkers use to set up a table saw. Works really well.

I recommend you measure top and bottom portions of the pf as just using the flippers will always return a smaller number than the top I find. So I tend to average according to the particular pf.
Yeah I am crazy I know.

#11694 1 year ago

My game was 7 degrees. It was too easy to play, easy to craddle and the flippers were not droopy, or as droop as they could have been.
When at 7 at the flippers that put my upper pf portion at about 7.4 degrees.
It felt good and fast but it did not play as well - I know realize - after 800 plays like that, that the current pitch is better.
6.5 at the flipper put the upper pf portion at about 6.8-9 and now it plays how I like it.
The droopy flippers also make the ramps much more doable AND lighting fast.
The game plays reallly really well now - it scares me how fast it plays.
I use a digital angle finder to calculqte pitch and it is very accurate. I recommend it. It is the tool of choice woodworkers use to set up a table saw. Works really well.
I recommend you measure top and bottom portions of the pf as just using the flippers will always return a smaller number than the top I find. So I tend to average according to the particular pf.
Yeah I am crazy I know.

Ah, thats right. I forget to check the angle up higher on the pf. I do have a digital leveler. I only played it at 6.5 (at the flippers) for 5-10 games before bumping it up when I first got the game, so not much time with the gameplay as a whole. I'm going to be replacing the legs today so will be a good opportunity to play with it again especially after ~1k games at 6.7 and see how different it feels. The only shot thats been giving me trouble is the backhanded pyramid ramp.

#11695 1 year ago

Was happily surprised to hear Stern is running more toppers in August,.

https://www.flipnoutpinball.com/product-page/official-iron-maiden-aces-high-pinball-topper-accessory

#11696 1 year ago

WTF!? They more than doubled in price????

#11697 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

WTF!? They more than doubled in price????

That’s what they all have been costing lately. I’m sure stern is reacting to the market value of these. It’s hard to find one even if your willing to pay big bucks.

#11698 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

That’s what they all have been costing lately. I’m sure stern is reacting to the market value of these. It’s hard to find one even if your willing to pay big bucks.

Going to hold out to see if the Egyptian version becomes available.

#11699 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Going to hold out to see if the Egyptian version becomes available.

On his podcast he said he hasn’t heard of that one getting rerun. Still could some day I think, but probably not with this batch in August.

#11700 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

On his podcast he said he hasn’t heard of that one getting rerun. Still could some day I think, but probably not with this batch in August.

I'm shocked they are running ANY of them to be honest.

I mean 900 bucks is a nice kick in the nuts but imagine people who paid more than that, how they are feeling.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, FL
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
There are 15,653 posts in this topic. You are on page 234 of 314.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/234 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.