(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,767 posts
  • 1,049 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by Oneironaut
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240413_163843 (resized).jpg
20240413_143449 (resized).jpg
20240412_190431 (resized).jpg
20240412_190452 (resized).jpg
Polish_20240413_140952356 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_200534433 (resized).jpg
Ironmaidenshipped (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_182738510 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_200534433 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_165233504 (resized).jpg
20240407_164052@4 (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4950 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4947 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3432 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,767 posts in this topic. You are on page 231 of 316.
#11501 1 year ago
Quoted from craif:

Fair enough. I've been thinking about trying your scotchbrite tech on my side ramps. Thoughts?
I've got trails at this point but... uh... way more than 900 plays. It's kinda embarrassing how slowly I've been improving at this game. But on the upside all that play really comes through other games I used to suck at that feel like a cakewalk now.

Those scotch pads are perfect for pinball! They give the ramp the proper grainy look they need. I dont want to polish the ramps with anything else unless you want to see more trails quicker, they will stand out like crazy? I like the grainy polished look from the factory. The pads are actually maybe a hair finer but they work.

Yes, if you want more details about how to do it, I can share some tips. Just shoot me a msg.

#11502 1 year ago

Finally got some of my Eddies installed!

0FB93060-ABDF-4563-B966-39D6063321BB (resized).jpeg0FB93060-ABDF-4563-B966-39D6063321BB (resized).jpeg0FC77E6B-B640-43F5-884B-2E57DAD6251A (resized).jpeg0FC77E6B-B640-43F5-884B-2E57DAD6251A (resized).jpeg735E4EE5-2F1D-45EB-AD9C-F727725C6E87 (resized).jpeg735E4EE5-2F1D-45EB-AD9C-F727725C6E87 (resized).jpeg76264509-087F-4350-9AB5-C5B33C00F03D (resized).jpeg76264509-087F-4350-9AB5-C5B33C00F03D (resized).jpeg94174C0E-0C3A-40EA-8CA4-02784C4F4018 (resized).jpeg94174C0E-0C3A-40EA-8CA4-02784C4F4018 (resized).jpegDFA224A7-6763-4089-B96F-12DD6D973781 (resized).jpegDFA224A7-6763-4089-B96F-12DD6D973781 (resized).jpegF51A6622-CC7B-4A14-9740-9F0AE12D22FC (resized).jpegF51A6622-CC7B-4A14-9740-9F0AE12D22FC (resized).jpegFEFF1C9D-3CDB-40F3-B7CE-372A5F24AE44 (resized).jpegFEFF1C9D-3CDB-40F3-B7CE-372A5F24AE44 (resized).jpeg
#11503 1 year ago

Should have put an RGB LED in that Clairvoyant globe

#11504 1 year ago

Maiden obtained with 16 lifetime plays, time to change that!

2022-05-27 15.26.07 (resized).jpg2022-05-27 15.26.07 (resized).jpg2022-05-27 16.34.16 (resized).jpg2022-05-27 16.34.16 (resized).jpg
#11505 1 year ago

Everything works the way it’s supposed to but this error won’t go away. Any ideas? I’m out of them .

7F252F65-2846-45B7-A92B-A465C10D7C7F (resized).jpeg7F252F65-2846-45B7-A92B-A465C10D7C7F (resized).jpeg
#11506 1 year ago

At risk of stating the obvious, have you run the diverter test? Does it show the switches open/closed appropriately? You should also be able to check that specific switch in the general switch test. There might be something else stopping the diverter at the correct location and it may not be triggering the diverter up switch. Those alerts happen when a switch goes a certain amount of time without triggering. Generally it just needs an adjustment but sometimes the switch may need to be replaced.

#11507 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I am just wondering if I can pre-order one some place? It's hard to tell from Stern's sight if it is still in production or not....

Iron Maiden had now been moved to the archived section on the Stern site

#11508 1 year ago

Best game they've made to date, now retired. *Tips hat*

#11509 1 year ago

Such a phenomenal game... It'll go down as one of the all time greats, well done Stern.

#11510 1 year ago

Anybody do orange speaker light acrylics for prem?

#11511 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

At risk of stating the obvious, have you run the diverter test? Does it show the switches open/closed appropriately? You should also be able to check that specific switch in the general switch test. There might be something else stopping the diverter at the correct location and it may not be triggering the diverter up switch. Those alerts happen when a switch goes a certain amount of time without triggering. Generally it just needs an adjustment but sometimes the switch may need to be replaced.

I check switch 66 like it says and it runs Anubis up and down like its supposed to do. When I play a game it works perfectly. Not really sure what else to do.

#11512 1 year ago

I am so lucky I picked up one last Nov and right before the price bump. Iron Maiden, Jurassic Park and Godzilla, absolutely no doubt the best pins ever made.
Keith is no doubt the best pinball designer, he gets the layout but he also gets the rules and what makes a shot, a good shot. Just a perfect trifecta.
There nobody else with this talent currently, nobody has all 3 and it shows.

Stern is very lucky to have him!

#11513 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Such a phenomenal game... It'll go down as one of the all time greats, well done Stern.

More like well done Keith Elwin. This game was the game that got him the job at Stern and it was originally a home brew made by Elwin.

#11514 1 year ago

olde-english800-liquor.gifolde-english800-liquor.gif
#11515 1 year ago

two minutes to midnight last night and then couldn't hit a shot lol

#11516 1 year ago

IMDN is back in the 'in production' section. Who knows what's going on lol

#11517 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

IMDN is back in the 'in production' section. Who knows what's going on lol

LOL!

I heard they are making more at the start of the new year.

I honestly think Stern has their head up their ass as usual. Maybe one day when Gary steps down they will get someone in there who knows how to run it because I really would love to support them better.

#11519 1 year ago

*tips hat* for Eddie's unexpected return from the dead

#11520 1 year ago

So anyone have orange speaker light acrylics on premium if they can share a pic?

#11521 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I check switch 66 like it says and it runs Anubis up and down like its supposed to do. When I play a game it works perfectly. Not really sure what else to do.

I had this problem, and it finally resolved and I only "think" I know why/how it happened. I think I turned the machine off when the (edit: anubis, not sarcophagus) was maybe in the action of raising or lowering, I'm not sure. When it came back on, the test logic got confused where it was "supposed" to be, vs where it was "reporting" it was.

Anyway, I just started monkeying about in the back there with the power on, manually clicking or holding switches, and telling it to raise or lower and then finally just got it back in the logical "groove" that it expected it to be in and the error cleared.

Hope it helps.

#11522 1 year ago

I worked up coin door magnets this week. If interested visit my pinside shop, thanks.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1403-pinball-fuzz/06925-iron-maiden-coin-door-magnet

Iron Maiden pinfuzz (resized).jpgIron Maiden pinfuzz (resized).jpg
#11523 1 year ago
Quoted from STVPIN:

I had this problem, and it finally resolved and I only "think" I know why/how it happened. I think I turned the machine off when the (edit: anubis, not sarcophagus) was maybe in the action of raising or lowering, I'm not sure. When it came back on, the test logic got confused where it was "supposed" to be, vs where it was "reporting" it was.
Anyway, I just started monkeying about in the back there with the power on, manually clicking or holding switches, and telling it to raise or lower and then finally just got it back in the logical "groove" that it expected it to be in and the error cleared.
Hope it helps.

That seems to be what happened, kinda like it “ confused “ the game. It worked itself out after a couple of games. My daughter loves turning the games off before she’s done with them. Haha

#11526 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

WOW!!! Can someone buy this for me? This is realllllly neat and well done. I want this so much. I'll take yer trash out for a week.

Just because your cool and funny post you got one for free!

Send me your address in private message and i will send you one when its ready

BTW not need to take my trash out just smile when you get it!

#11527 1 year ago

Yeah but what’s up with paying in full months before it’s ready ? That’s insane in normal times let alone 2022.Is he always like that ?

#11528 1 year ago

Anyone using plastic protectors? If so, which ones?

Thx

#11529 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Yeah but what’s up with paying in full months before it’s ready ? That’s insane in normal times let alone 2022.Is he always like that ?

Hey. We forgot to add a discount for pre-orders like we always do and i just fix it. If you just want to pay deposit just send me a message and i will get you one.

Price is now updated on the website. If you already place a order you will get 50$ refund in 48 hours

Thanks

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/the-art-of-pinball/stern-pinball-iron-maiden/stern-pinball-iron-maiden-sculpted-oracle-by-the-art-of-pinball/

IMG_0820JPG (resized).jpgIMG_0820JPG (resized).jpg

#11530 1 year ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

Just because your cool and funny post you got one for free!
Send me your address in private message and i will send you one when its ready
BTW not need to take my trash out just smile when you get it!

OMFG!@ I can't believe this. I can't can't can't.

Can't.

Pinch.

Yep.

We have messaged back and forth and I can't be grateful enough. Pics definitely coming....what a feel-good story. Fucking love the pinball community.

#11531 1 year ago

Does anyone know how to tighten up the auto ball launcher? It is loose from side to side and wiggles a bit when launching, causing the ball to rattle in the shooter lane.

All screws are tight underneath, but still have some give moving side to side.

#11532 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Does anyone know how to tighten up the auto ball launcher? It is loose from side to side and wiggles a bit when launching, causing the ball to rattle in the shooter lane.

Rmmmh… I suspect it is normal. Post a video of what you see it doing if you can.

#11533 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

I can't prove it but I think it's supposed to have some left/right slide to allow the ball to center between the tines. One time while trying to track down the source of some plunge issues I tried tightening it up to get rid of the slide and it definitely did not help anything. I ended up loosening it back up and the problems I had went away after adjusting other common culprits for off target shots. I'm sure there's a sweet spot and yours might be too loose however.

#11534 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

My rattling ended up being from some indents at the bottom of the shooter lane from when the ball lands prior to launch. After i installed shooter lane protector, it evened out the trajectory and gave it clean exits.

#11535 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Rmmmh… I suspect it is normal. Post a video of what you see it doing if you can.

Almost certainly is not normal for the ball to bounce around this much out of the shooter lane. Still struggling to find out why it's so loose.

https://imgur.com/9lTVGTf

https://imgur.com/GSHreyU

#11536 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Almost certainly is not normal for the ball to bounce around this much out of the shooter lane. Still struggling to find out why it's so loose.

Sloppy autolaunch is a fairly common problem. I add washers to tighten it up.

#11537 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

That play in mine is the same. All my Sterns actually.
I think the ball is being shot to the left, the assy might not be straight? Therefore shooting the ball a few degrees to the left?
If the video was a bit slower you might be able to pick up why the ball is going to the left and bouncing off the rail.

#11538 1 year ago

I replaced the tape in the Stern protector with 3m tape and has been going strong for 600+ plays.

I just noticed my protector is bent up as others have mentioned in many previous posts. When replacing the tape I presume you removed the protector first. I was wondering how you get it off as the mofo is stuck down pretty darn hard and I can't find any mention of this.
I will also add that I haven't had any problems playing the game but was just looking as I was cleaning. I had read about it here and thought I better look.

#11539 1 year ago
Quoted from Knackers:

I just noticed my protector is bent up as others have mentioned in many previous posts. When replacing the tape I presume you removed the protector first. I was wondering how you get it off as the mofo is stuck down pretty darn hard and I can't find any mention of this.
I will also add that I haven't had any problems playing the game but was just looking as I was cleaning. I had read about it here and thought I better look.

Isopropyl alcohol 99% will help.
If not, just play it more and it will bend enough that you will be able to pull it off from the bend by working it out slow.

It does not have a lot of glue under it from the factory, at least mine didn’t.

#11540 1 year ago

Isopropyl alcohol 99% will help.
If not, just play it more and it will bend enough that you will be able to pull it off from the bend by working it out slow.
It does not have a lot of glue under it from the factory, at least mine didn’t.

Thanks. Definitely will play it more and just wait until it starts to become problematic.

#11541 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Your autolaunch is loose during launch and causes reverb to the ball after launch. If you watch the first half a second you see the back and forth motion transfer to the ball trajectory.

#11542 1 year ago

F*$#ing Side Blades! First attempt... FAILURE!

2022-06-04 17.22.11 (resized).jpg2022-06-04 17.22.11 (resized).jpg
#11543 1 year ago

Rapid tac will make your life much easier!

Quoted from VisitorQ:

[quoted image]

#11544 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

[quoted image]

That is why I like the original sterns, they are thick and lay down flat with no wrinkles.
I use clamps to hold them in place and that is it. Very simple.
A sticker type like that one is much prone to wrinkles and you will need something like rapid tac to stretch out and move as needed.

#11545 1 year ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Rapid tac will make your life much easier!

Yeah. I used Rapid Tac and I 100% agree with your comment. This was my first attempt installing these on any game and I learned a lot. The first mistake I made was trying to position the sticker with the PF up. I should have did it with it down and honestly, I should have had an extra person there as well to help get it started. Best bet would be to remove the PF from the game and install them but I was able to get the right side in after multiple attempts of trying to get it lined up correctly. It probably does help that I am a perfectionist.

Oh well, live and learn. I already have another set coming but I certainly want to avoid making another 100 dollar mistake. Meh. Maybe someone will need an extra right side decal? None the less, I will have one for sale.

#11546 1 year ago

That is why I like the original sterns, they are thick and lay down flat with no wrinkles.
I use clamps to hold them in place and that is it. Very simple.
A sticker type like that one is much prone to wrinkles and you will need something like rapid tac to stretch out and move as needed.

That is the OEM Stern one. It had nothing to do with it laying on their flush, that wasn't the issue.

#11547 1 year ago

All the Stern ones are nice, thick material and go on easy. EXCEPT Iron Maiden. IDK why but the Stern Iron Maiden ones are a different material, thin and flimsy. I managed to get them installed but they were a PITA compared to all other Stern art blades.

#11548 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

All the Stern ones are nice, thick material and go on easy. EXCEPT Iron Maiden. IDK why but the Stern Iron Maiden ones are a different material, thin and flimsy. I managed to get them installed but they were a PITA compared to all other Stern art blades.

Odd. The ones I got seemed to be on the same material as the ones installed on my Stranger Things, I did not see a difference. My mistake had nothing to do with the material or quality, it was trying to install them with the PF up. The left side is tricky IMO because of the one Eddie toy but honestly with an extra set of hands, I think I can get it done with an additional set.

Not installing these before on any game had me at a real disadvantage.

#11549 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

That is the OEM Stern one. It had nothing to do with it laying on their flush, that wasn't the issue.

Oh sorry thought it was a sticket type/thin. I install mine all the time with the pf installed, just me and no help.
I use clamps to hold it place, once in position I peel the sticky part as I go, I do not remove the sticky back fully before then or any time prior.
In other words, you lay down the art with the backer on and once in place, you peel it off as you go very slowly just like when installing a cab decal.

I think the mistake most people make is removing the backing fully before placing it. It might not be what happened here.
Using clamps worked really good as an extra set of hands.

Good luck on tbe next one

#11550 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Ahhh good to know, that is why then.
Certainly that is why it is difficult to install. The thicker ones are very easy to install.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.50
$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

There are 15,767 posts in this topic. You are on page 231 of 316.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/231?hl=moat-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.