(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,800 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Edster
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8444 (resized).jpeg
IMNewtonBallLeaf01 (resized).jpg
IMG_5677 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5676 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_8416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8418 (resized).jpeg
20240413_163843 (resized).jpg
20240413_143449 (resized).jpg
20240412_190431 (resized).jpg
20240412_190452 (resized).jpg
Polish_20240413_140952356 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,800 posts in this topic. You are on page 230 of 316.
#11451 1 year ago

Yeah the Gus mod makes the arch mod look bad. Post the results!

#11452 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

After receiving Steve’s “Gus” bash toy mod I immediately purchased a acrylic art set to paint both the arch and Anubis mods .This weekend I’ll be practicing on some figurines before moving on to the mods .Should be fun
[quoted image]

I'll do the same on mines...i mean i'll provide the materials needed and force my wife to paint them.Still waiting for my Gus to arrive since 12 April...being european feels pretty bad when it comes to deal with shipments from USA.Steve did a magnificent job with this mod,a bash piece of art handpainted sculpture which was the only thing missing(not for me but i see a lot of complaints about it).I mean IMHO once installed,this machine will be packed with everything i could ever desire on a pinball.

#11453 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

After receiving Steve’s “Gus” bash toy mod I immediately purchased a acrylic art set to paint both the arch and Anubis mods .This weekend I’ll be practicing on some figurines before moving on to the mods .Should be fun
[quoted image]

Ow I like this.

#11454 1 year ago

Is it known for the ball to create tracks on the left and right metal ramps after a couple hundred plays?

#11455 1 year ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Is it known for the ball to create tracks on the left and right metal ramps after a couple hundred plays?

I'm sure it's normal and a little metal polish would take care of it in a jiff.

#11456 1 year ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Also keep an eye on your balls. Give em' a good alcohol wash and drop them back in by rag no fingers. #1 culprit to anything trail-wear-related.

#11457 1 year ago

Been meaning to see if anyone experiences this (Premium/LE,) but during a Sarcophagus shot on the left ramp where the tomb opens, does anyone else's ball wait at the lock release until ball search? Doesn't do it really any other time that I've noticed. Code issue or maybe it doesn't see the first opto (if there is one) behind the door? The Sarcophagus portion is working with other modes...just when the door needs to open on the left ramp.

#11458 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

Been meaning to see if anyone experiences this (Premium/LE,) but during a Sarcophagus shot on the left ramp where the tomb opens, does anyone else's ball wait at the lock release until ball search? Doesn't do it really any other time that I've noticed. Code issue or maybe it doesn't see the first opto (if there is one) behind the door? The Sarcophagus portion is working with other modes...just when the door needs to open on the left ramp.

If its at the release into the lock (or treasure collection) where it doesnt find out theres a ball there, theres a switch called "load ramp". In diags screen, open the door first if its not already open, and throw a ball into it. It should easily trigger it if it works.

Dont know if it looks for a requirement of another trigger first, but I'd check that those switches work first in diags. I've only had it stuck there once (until ball search) but that was code related. I got it in there in the middle of some other trigger award.

#11459 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

If its at the release into the lock (or treasure collection) where it doesnt find out theres a ball there, theres a switch called "load ramp". In diags screen, open the door first if its not already open, and throw a ball into it. It should easily trigger it if it works.
Dont know if it looks for a requirement of another trigger first, but I'd check that those switches work first in diags. I've only had it stuck there once (until ball search) but that was code related. I got it in there in the middle of some other trigger award.

Excellent! I'll check out the 'load ramp.' I feel my instances were (are) code-related as they are infrequent, but I'm starting to narrow it down as I get better with the table.

#11460 1 year ago

HELP!! I want to alligator clip a speaker wire from the Cab Sub to my Pioneer home stereo. Metallica, The Shadow, Bran Stokers Dracula all work perfectly this way and the sounds and music are power adjust through my EQ. Iron Maiden is making a pop, pop, pop sound with in and out of music/sound at times. I quickly disconnect this in fear of damaging something. Question. is that sub already amp'ed causing some sort of problem? thanks for the help. I've connected a small speaker unamp'ed from the line out and it sounds perfect.

#11461 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Yeah the Gus mod makes the arch mod look bad. Post the results!

I will .As of this last weekend I need to watch more instructional’s and I need the magnifying glasses plus a more complete set of brushes down to a hair width .Lmao .I am decent on shading though .I’ll get it

#11462 1 year ago
Quoted from ZioShu:

I'll do the same on mines...i mean i'll provide the materials needed and force my wife to paint them.Still waiting for my Gus to arrive since 12 April...being european feels pretty bad when it comes to deal with shipments from USA.Steve did a magnificent job with this mod,a bash piece of art handpainted sculpture which was the only thing missing(not for me but i see a lot of complaints about it).I mean IMHO once installed,this machine will be packed with everything i could ever desire on a pinball.

It completes the pin IMO .The bash toy has taken it over the top .It looks incredible during FotD and Steve was correct in saying you’ll “play better “. For me I always ignore the mummy card until last and end up empty .Now it’s a big sign saying “hit me “ .I have not got to the beast yet.3 cards ( minus mummy ) a dozen times but today had 3 but had mummy and was on my last mode before I drained .It was officially the closest I’ve been .It’s going down this weekend !

#11463 1 year ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't like those arches. The Egyptians are not really known for archways.... Only notable one is the gate at the Temple of Khonsu, which these appear to be somewhat inspired by. But I don't think they blend in very well with the other artwork on the game.

You're right, those arches just do not match the rest of the playfield and stand out in a bad way to my eyes.

#11464 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

You're right, those arches just do not match the rest of the playfield and stand out in a bad way to my eyes.

25 (resized).png25 (resized).png
#11465 1 year ago
20220521_194808 (resized).jpg20220521_194808 (resized).jpg
#11466 1 year ago

Does anyone have pics of a Pro with a custom powder coat?
I was thinking about having mine done in possibly an orange or a "rust" style.
Maybe a red with an orange vein or gold glitter?
Would love some inspirational pics

#11467 1 year ago
Quoted from boogies:

Scroll through archived for sale ads. There's quite a few reds. Orange seems to be popular for premiums but I'm pretty sure I saw a pro sometime in the last year as well. Other colors pop up occasionally as well.

#11468 1 year ago
Quoted from boogies:

The orange looks great on the pro

#11469 1 year ago
Quoted from boogies:

here u go

D6091463-75E7-4AE7-B4D3-148E0CF43822 (resized).pngD6091463-75E7-4AE7-B4D3-148E0CF43822 (resized).pngE3041FDF-FBDF-4A87-ADD1-CF1A4C84F302 (resized).pngE3041FDF-FBDF-4A87-ADD1-CF1A4C84F302 (resized).pngFCE38B86-F0AF-4D87-B500-2E70F29CCF7C (resized).pngFCE38B86-F0AF-4D87-B500-2E70F29CCF7C (resized).png
#11470 1 year ago

Don’t do it.

#11471 1 year ago

To my old and tired eyes that is a hideous match of colours, it's just TOO much red. The best match i've seen is the purple one. Each to their own though!!

#11472 1 year ago

Just ordered this gold t-molding and will see about getting some powder coating that can maybe closely match it. Havent seen this gold used on a Premium (at least in all my searches), so wish me luck =)

gold (resized).jpeggold (resized).jpeg
#11473 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Just ordered this gold t-molding and will see about getting some powder coating that can maybe closely match it. Havent seen this gold used on a Premium (at least in all my searches), so wish me luck =)

Should look great!! I went with the gold/black from Pinball Life.

Gold t mold 1 (resized).jpgGold t mold 1 (resized).jpgGold t mold 2 (resized).jpgGold t mold 2 (resized).jpg
#11474 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Should look great!! I went with the gold/black from Pinball Life.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! That one was my second choice.

Ordered a raw set of metal pieces (lollipop side rail), all except coin door and lcd panel. Looking at the powder coat colors online is hard to pick out one that matches that molding. Hoping a local place has a good selection of sample palettes.

#11475 1 year ago
Quoted from boogies:

2A97FAF1-F765-41A6-AA82-0922BE2A784E (resized).jpeg2A97FAF1-F765-41A6-AA82-0922BE2A784E (resized).jpeg392D64A7-AF9F-41F4-982B-7B8533F8D109 (resized).jpeg392D64A7-AF9F-41F4-982B-7B8533F8D109 (resized).jpeg3CD7AE90-7063-434E-890A-15883893C721 (resized).jpeg3CD7AE90-7063-434E-890A-15883893C721 (resized).jpegD0AF12E2-C344-45FE-8BE8-825F8923DA55 (resized).jpegD0AF12E2-C344-45FE-8BE8-825F8923DA55 (resized).jpeg
#11476 1 year ago

My imdn prem was powdercoated by a previous owner - I like the dirty gold / sand color personally

02FA8095-E43D-4157-88C9-FFD8AC6F04A4 (resized).jpeg02FA8095-E43D-4157-88C9-FFD8AC6F04A4 (resized).jpeg06355B54-7E13-4C42-90A0-A714175C4514 (resized).jpeg06355B54-7E13-4C42-90A0-A714175C4514 (resized).jpeg
#11477 1 year ago

I had my pro done with "Blue Madness" from Prismatic Powders... but I don't have a pic of it with me and I'm nowhere near the game right now. I think it looks good, but I would have also done mine in a red variant except at the time it was sitting next to GnR LE which was also red.

#11478 1 year ago

Illusion orange
20220507_132412 (resized).jpg20220507_132412 (resized).jpg

20220507_122943 (resized).jpg20220507_122943 (resized).jpg
#11479 1 year ago
Quoted from ScreaminSauce:

My imdn prem was powdercoated by a previous owner - I like the dirty gold / sand color personally

Yeah, this type of gold is my fall back if the shiny chrome gold is too much. Looks really good

#11480 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice.

#11481 1 year ago

I'm leaning towards the illusion orange - it definitely looks great with pro art.
The other that I'm still considering is Orange Marmalade. Not sure if it would look as nice on the cabinet though

#11482 1 year ago

I think the powder coating looks nice on some of these games but as a recent buyer it deterred me from purchasing a few.

My .02, not that anyone asked.

#11483 1 year ago

Have an IM Prem new to me coming in a week. Want some new titan flipper rubbers. What colors do you all like on the yellow stock bats? Feel like I need a dark blue or some other strong contrast?

#11484 1 year ago
Quoted from dpkzone:

Have an IM Prem new to me coming in a week. Want some new titan flipper rubbers. What colors do you all like on the yellow stock bats? Feel like I need a dark blue or some other strong contrast?

Dark blue is nice, I put them on my DP. I went with orange on IM.

PXL_20220526_110617928 (resized).jpgPXL_20220526_110617928 (resized).jpg
#11485 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Dark blue is nice, I put them on my DP. I went with orange on IM.[quoted image]

Nice apron. Is that an artwork Decal on top?

#11486 1 year ago
Quoted from ScreaminSauce:

Quoted from gliebig:

Illusion orange
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

What’s the chances of you both having NGG right next to your maidens!

#11487 1 year ago
Quoted from boogies:

Nice apron. Is that an artwork Decal on top?

The apron came from Wizard mods. It is magnetic thick vinyl.

#11488 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

We have impeccable taste.

#11489 1 year ago

Here are the speaker covers from the same company...magnetic also.

PXL_20220526_132556115 (resized).jpgPXL_20220526_132556115 (resized).jpg
#11490 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I noticed the same thing! NGG is a relatively rare machine and to get two people with both machines posting two posts apart was kind of neat.

And here I am with my Tee'd Off... I feel left out.

#11491 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

I noticed the same thing! NGG is a relatively rare machine and to get two people with both machines posting two posts apart was kind of neat.
And here I am with my Tee'd Off... I feel left out.

My gofer’s at my mates place during Renovations . That’s why I noticed it. Maiden is on order. Really hanging out for both machines to be in my line up.

#11492 1 year ago

The pro doesn't have any magnets does it?

#11493 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

The pro doesn't have any magnets does it?

No, no magnets on the Pro.
I've owned both premium and Pro in the past and now that I'm thinking about it, I don't think there's any magnets on the premium either.

#11494 1 year ago

No magnets on premium

#11495 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I'm sure it's normal and a little metal polish would take care of it in a jiff.

Dirty balls and too much wax. Also using the wrong chemicals for cleaning will only promote more trails. People like to use creamy polisher as cleaners. Bad idea.
Too much wax also next culprit.

Clean the pf with iso alcohol, 99% kind.

My ramps are new after 900 plays.

#11496 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Dirty balls and too much wax. Also using the wrong chemicals for cleaning will only promote more trails. People like to use creamy polisher as cleaners. Bad idea.
Too much wax also next culprit.
Clean the pf with iso alcohol, 99% kind.
My ramps are new after 900 plays.

and a visit from a scotchbrite pad at 800, no?

#11497 1 year ago
Quoted from craif:

and a visit from a scotchbrite pad at 800, no?

No for the ramps, only did the pharaoh. Never had to touch the right or left.

In my experience metal ramps get balls trails when using too much wax or adding too much of something…

The pf gets greasy and the balls track it everywhere.

Sometimes it looks clean as a whistle but it is still greasy.

I clean my pf with iso alcohol and wax every 200 games.

Do not use iso alc on painted plastics! but on tbe pf is good.

I came into the hobby with some knowledge from the paint world and I treat clear coat as clear coat. People have been cleaning clear coat with the wrong chemicals for too long and the old wives tale of novus (a plastic polishing compound).
The compound on itself is ok to use, but clear needs to be clean clean clean. In the auto world I would use certain”erasers” to remove these chemicals off the clear but in the pinball world iso alcohol works great.

You are otherwise wiping and smearing dirt on the pf eternally rather than cleaning… it is not that difficult to grasp if you treat clear as clear and not as a PINBALl specific chemical…

It is clear!!!

That said The ramps might show a bit of wear where the balls rolls on and yes, that can be removed with the pad I used before for the pharaoh, which I will but dont think it is bad for now… will get to that later.

347CE71F-8DD9-46AC-95A2-A0C46B33E1CF (resized).jpeg347CE71F-8DD9-46AC-95A2-A0C46B33E1CF (resized).jpeg5B803545-9922-4F2A-861E-CAD15052EEA7 (resized).jpeg5B803545-9922-4F2A-861E-CAD15052EEA7 (resized).jpeg

#11498 1 year ago

I came into the hobby with some knowledge from the paint world and I treat clear coat as clear coat. People have been cleaning clear coat with the wrong chemicals for too long and the old wives tale of novus (a plastic polishing compound).
The compound on itself is ok to use, but clear needs to be clean clean clean. In the auto world I would use certain”erasers” to remove these chemicals off the clear but in the pinball world iso alcohol works great.

Just so I understand your methodology, the alcohol is used to clean the (old) wax off and clean the clear, then apply new wax?

#11499 1 year ago
Quoted from Biju:

Just so I understand your methodology, the alcohol is used to clean the (old) wax off and clean the clear, then apply new wax?

The alcohol will remove most chemicals. 99% iso alcohol makes for very good degreaser.

Iso on a rag, wipe gently and that is it.

If ball trails persist I use proper chemicals and polishing techniques. Clear scratches very easily when using finger pressure as it is quite irregular vs a pad that applies the same pressure to the same spot…

Getting to geeky now and the novus lovers might jump at my neck because “this is bow is been done for 40 years” lol so gonna stop here but if you want to hear how I do it, shoot me a message and I’ll share more of my process.

#11500 1 year ago

No for the ramps, only did the pharaoh. Never had to touch the right or left.
In my experience metal ramps get balls trails when using too much wax or adding too much of something…
The pf gets greasy and the balls track it everywhere.
Sometimes it looks clean as a whistle but it is still greasy.
I clean my pf with iso alcohol and wax every 200 games.
Do not use iso alc on painted plastics! but on tbe pf is good.
You are otherwise wiping and smearing dirt on the pf eternally rather than cleaning… it is not that difficult to grasp if you treat clear as clear and not as a PINBALl specific chemical…
It is clear!!!
That said The ramps might show a bit of wear where the balls rolls on and yes, that can be removed with the pad I used before for the pharaoh, which I will but dont think it is bad for now… will get to that later.

Fair enough. I've been thinking about trying your scotchbrite tech on my side ramps. Thoughts?

I've got trails at this point but... uh... way more than 900 plays. It's kinda embarrassing how slowly I've been improving at this game. But on the upside all that play really comes through other games I used to suck at that feel like a cakewalk now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Trade
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 15,800 posts in this topic. You are on page 230 of 316.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/230?hl=bundy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.