(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,827 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png
IMG_6818 (resized).png
IMG_6737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6730 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6733 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240416_160659390.MP (resized).jpg
25d6415bd4f5ee62b5604e3e73d30ef0bdc2c8d0 (resized).jpg
72038EF4-8215-4C19-B733-688FFB33D320 (resized).jpeg
8820CDAA-4B0B-4D67-844D-8D3197E44344 (resized).jpeg
B267A7B9-3222-426E-B14A-09BCED66716E (resized).jpeg
EEEBA8AA-85EA-4EBE-9123-16F1A419FDC4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6704 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,827 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 317.
#1051 5 years ago

Alex been MIA for awhile. Hope the cartels didn't get him. Or the Columbian cocoa.
OP come out come out wherever you are.

#1052 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Insanely addictive, possibly unhealthy.
They need to release the Cyborg bug fix not awarding the Eddie card, I handed off the MB to my daughter after it happened again.

Do you know what triggers the bug? I don’t think I’ve ever Not not gotten the Eddie card after qualifying cyborg multiball.

#1053 5 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Without jamming through 21 pages to see if it's been asked...Does anyone have a fix for the left return wireform?
I seem to get quite a few hop overs that can result in a lost ball. Slower balls seem to be more prone to this hop off effect. (My game is set up steeper than factory settings FWIW)
I also fashioned a key ring for my Pro from a mini-figure. I think it fits the cabinet art pretty well.

I had this same prob. I got a small "L " bracket and riveted it to a clear bent piece of lexan in the shape of a square hood and attached to upper rt sling shot bolt and nut. Looks stock and no more balls jumping off rt ramp.
Good luck.

#1054 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Do you know what triggers the bug? I don’t think I’ve ever Not not gotten the Eddie card after qualifying cyborg multiball.

If you drain with the Power Jakpot lit with one remaining pyramid it will not award the card but will still qualify CyborgMB when you start your next ball.

#1055 5 years ago

IMG_9563 (resized).JPGIMG_9563 (resized).JPG

#1056 5 years ago

Holy mackerel.

#1057 5 years ago

That score it's insane. Makes my 450m look like nothing

#1058 5 years ago

Guess I better get to practicing...
*hangs head, kicks rocks*

#1059 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

If you drain with the Power Jakpot lit with one remaining pyramid it will not award the card but will still qualify CyborgMB when you start your next ball.

Well....don't drain! haha just messing. Im sure they'll get it fixed.

Nice freakin score! i reached the 1 bil club too last week

That cyborg mb is nuts; is that on factory .97code where you can't qualify multipliers once in cyborg? or did you swap the setting? That's an impressive cyborg if so.

#1060 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

New tour kicks off Sat in uh, Estonia. Stoked for this set list.

Tour is shaping up to be EPIC !

https://www.planetrock.com/news/rock-news/iron-maiden-finalise-setlist-for-legacy-of-the-beast-tour/

IRON MAIDEN frontman Bruce Dickinson says that he wants fans "to be surprised" by the setlist on the band's upcoming "Legacy Of The Beast" tour.

The European run of dates will kick off in Tallinn, Estonia on May 26 and finish at the O2 Arena, London on August 10.

The concept for the "Legacy Of The Beast" world tour was inspired by MAIDEN's mobile game and comic book of the same name and the stage set design will feature a number of different but interlocking "worlds" with a set list covering a large selection of '80s material with a handful of surprises from later albums to add diversity.

"When you do a show like we're planning to do, I want it to be really slick, but awesome," Dickinson told Kerrang! magazine. "I want people to go, 'Wow! Fucking hell, you've gotta see this show!' I want people to be surprised as well. I want them to go home going, 'Fucking hell, I can't believe they played that song!' That's the reaction I want.

"When you do an album tour, it's more… you can take time to be a bit goofy with people and for them to digest it and what have you," he continued. "On 'The Book Of Souls' tour, there was quite a lot of chatting with the audience. I'm not planning that on this tour because we've got so much to do and there's so much going on. The show and the music is gonna carry the whole bloody thing. I'm pretty intimately involved in the show. There'll be a couple of moments of chat with the audience, but it should be completely self-explanatory what's going on — the drama should be in the transitions of the stage and the music. And we're playing one or two things that people are gonna be really surprised by. There'll be social media madness after the first show."

Dickinson added that MAIDEN has "spent ages" planning the upcoming tour. "And I'm already walking through it in my mind and going, 'Where can I input those moments of meaning? To shift people's perceptions?' It's like 'Climb Like A Monkey' — where's that? That came from seeing someone at the front doing it, and it just became this massive thing! It's a laugh, why not?"

Dickinson told Sweden's "Nyhetsmorgon" program that MAIDEN is "playing, as a band, better than we were in the '80s, and the evidence is there — you can hear it in the live recordings and things. As an artist, you learn so much more about your craft, if you like — just your stage craft. And also the things you can do with your voice. So you do learn a lot more about things like that."

IRON MAIDEN bassist Steve Harris recently reiterated his stance that the band has absolutely no plans of retiring. Asked if he thought when he first formed MAIDEN more than four decades ago that the group would still be around this many years later, the bassist told SiriusXM: "No, not at all. I mean, you don't think that far in back then — you just think about the next album and the next tour. So that's how we've been carrying on, really. I've been asked that question so many times since 20 years ago: 'How long are you gonna carry on for?' I don't know. We'll carry on as long as we can. These days, I suppose, you've gotta look at everybody's health and there's things that might be out of our hands [that might determine] as to whether we carry on or not. But if we can physically carry on, we'll carry on [for a long time]."

#1061 5 years ago

Found my ol T and ticket stub from the 08 tour

Guess I will be donning this T for the unboxing of my LE

20180522_172310 (resized).jpg20180522_172310 (resized).jpg

20180523_070140 (resized).jpg20180523_070140 (resized).jpg

20180523_070049 (resized).jpg20180523_070049 (resized).jpg

#1062 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Found my ol T and ticket stub from the 08 tour

I wanted to see that tour so bad but gas was like $4.50 a gallon at the time and it would have costed over $400 to drive to the nearest show so I skipped it.
I did pony up later and drove to f’n Canada to see the seventh son tour, was in the front row too. Had a buddy lined up to go with me and he backed out so ended up costing me like $800 to make the show!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#1063 5 years ago

It is a little cheesy and art & crafts, but here is our custom trophy for our (unofficial) launch tournament tomorrow.

IMG_20180521_202552 (resized).jpgIMG_20180521_202552 (resized).jpg

#1064 5 years ago

#1065 5 years ago

Joining the pro bros club! 2-3 wks.
Thanks to several of you for all the input over the last month!

#1066 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Joining the pro bros club! 2-3 wks.
Thanks to several of you all for the input over the last month!

You'll love it

#1067 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Well....don't drain! haha just messing. Im sure they'll get it fixed.

Nice freakin score! i reached the 1 bil club too last week
That cyborg mb is nuts; is that on factory .97code where you can't qualify multipliers once in cyborg? or did you swap the setting? That's an impressive cyborg if so.

Factory. I think I had 9 Cyborg JPs.

Keith said the bug has already been found and fixed for an upcoming update.

#1068 5 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

I had this same prob. I got a small "L " bracket and riveted it to a clear bent piece of lexan in the shape of a square hood and attached to upper rt sling shot bolt and nut. Looks stock and no more balls jumping off rt ramp.
Good luck.

Can you post some pictures of you custom assembly. My ramp is jump city...

#1069 5 years ago

F the tour.

The pin is MUCH better.

I'm only up to 600k but I'm coming for more!

Getting my shots dialed in. This game is _____________. Not sure really how to describe the greatness.

#1070 5 years ago

No FUCK YOU MAN

#1071 5 years ago

I'm thinking Infinite Dreams for sure, maybe some from D'ianno years that we've never heard. Maybe Sea of Madness?!
REALLY stoked for this set list.

#1072 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

No FUCK YOU MAN

No, F you Gizzly! We have our tour that we paid $9k for.

Wtf is wrong with you

#1073 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No, F you Gizzly! We have our tour that we paid $9k for.
Wtf is wrong with you

Should include a ticket to one concert of your choice.

#1074 5 years ago

.98 just dropped.

V0.98.0 - May 23, 2018
======================
- Instant Info - Soul Shard, Tomb Awards, and Mystery Awards have been added
- Loop Jackpots - after second round of Loop Jackpots you must keep the upper left flipper down to increase the multiplier for each loop jackpot
- Eddie Letters - fixed an issue where you would be locked out from collecting Eddie letters when tilting.
- Eddie Cards - fixed an issue with cyborg eddie card collection, when you completed all the power features and drained before collecting the power jackpot
- Trooper Locks - right spinner lockout after drop target completion was changed to only drop target sweep
- Trooper Locks - right spinner lockout time reduced from 2s to 1.5s
- Mummy Letter Collect - sarcophagus will go back down to a flat position when you cannot collect mummy letters
- Mummy Multiball - Scepter Awards are now being multiplied by playfield multiplier
- Mummy Multiball - Jackpots / Double Jackpots now being properly called out
- Mystery Award - allow mystery awards to award a 'Boost Power Jackpot' even if a power feature hasn't been started
- Power Jackpot - allow a power jackpot to be collected after reaching the minimum threshold even if a power feature hasn't been started
- Power Features - ORBITS and RAMPS completion bonus to the power jackpot changed from 1M to 3M
- Tomb Award - changed 'TOMB AWARD' text during award to 'Pharaoh's Tomb Treasure'
- Tomb Award - added 'Super Combos', awards 5x combos and deathblows for the rest of the ball
- Tomb Award - added 'Power Jackpot X+5', adds 5X to the current power jackpot multiplier
- Tomb Award - added 'Boost Power Jackpot 15M', adds an additional 15M to the current power jackpot
- Tomb Award - added some descriptive text for some of the tomb awards when they are awarded
- Flight of Icarus - changed the starting score from 500K to 1M
- Flight of Icarus - boost the combo time from 4s to 6s
- Hallowed be thy Name - orange arrow shots score changed from 500K to 3M
- Hallowed be thy Name - award shots increased from 3M, 5M, 7M to 5M, 10M, 15M
- Number of the Beast - starting attack value changed from 4M to 10M
- Attract Mode - now cycles through select background videos
- Attract Mode - idle flipper button speech added
- Shoot Again - added background animation and 'Shoot Again' text
- Replay - added replay animation
- High Score Tables - Obelisk scroll can now flip through pages with flipper buttons
- Improved stability
- Adjustment Changes:
- added 'FEAR OF THE DARK SECRET BG %' adjustment
- increased all REPLAY defaults by 25M - starting default is now 150M

#1075 5 years ago

My Iron Maiden PRO

#1076 5 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

.98 just dropped.

Jeez just DL'd .97 yesterday

#1077 5 years ago

Still on .94. Guess I'll blow a node board or two tonight lolz.

#1078 5 years ago

So... With any luck I should be getting my Prem next Friday... And if not next Friday then I should and by should I mean better get it the next week. And early into it. Can't wait to play it. Now... I just need to fix my breakshot again(got it all up and running and now the flippers suck again), and I still need to fix my hardbody flippers... I really wish there was a reliable and affordable pinball mechanic in my area. I paid about 184 dollars to have my breakshot fixed... And the guy didn't fix everything and the bankshot stopped working 5 minutes after he left... But, that is a diatribe for another thread... I'm getting my Iron Maiden. And its going to be sweet... But, sometimes I wish I would have just gotten a pro. But, I really do think in the long run the Prem/LE playfield is the way to go. Just more stuff, and I love the capture newton ball idea...
Stupid question. But, has that been done before? And if so on what pins?
Thanks.

#1079 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

So... With any luck I should be getting my Prem next Friday... And if not next Friday then I should and by should I mean better get it the next week. And early into it. Can't wait to play it. Now... I just need to fix my breakshot again(got it all up and running and now the flippers suck again), and I still need to fix my hardbody flippers... I really wish there was a reliable and affordable pinball mechanic in my area. I paid about 184 dollars to have my breakshot fixed... And the guy didn't fix everything and the bankshot stopped working 5 minutes after he left... But, that is a diatribe for another thread... I'm getting my Iron Maiden. And its going to be sweet... But, sometimes I wish I would have just gotten a pro. But, I really do think in the long run the Prem/LE playfield is the way to go. Just more stuff, and I love the capture newton ball idea...
Thanks.

We're going to need an updated, buffed-up profile photo before we answer any questions. Progress be progress, homie!

#1080 5 years ago
Quoted from grh450:

My Iron Maiden PRO
» YouTube video

How did you mount the plane?

#1081 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Thanks.

I’m afraid you’re on your own.
“No shoes, no shirt = no service”

#1082 5 years ago

Nooo dice.
Learn it
Know it
Live it

#1083 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Just used a couple of drops of silicone

#1084 5 years ago

Code .98 just released.
PRO: http://www.sternpinball.com/games/iron-maiden/pro
PREM: http://www.sternpinball.com/games/iron-maiden/premium
LE: http://www.sternpinball.com/games/iron-maiden/le

Pro:
V0.98.0 - May 23, 2018
======================
- Loop Jackpots - after second round of Loop Jackpots you must keep the upper left flipper down to increase the multiplier for each loop jackpot
- Eddie Letters - fixed an issue where you would be locked out from collecting Eddie letters when tilting.
- Eddie Cards - fixed an issue with cyborg eddie card collection, when you completed all the power features and drained before collecting the power jackpot
- Trooper Locks - right spinner lockout after drop target completion was changed to only drop target sweep
- Mummy Letter Collect - sarcophagus will go back down to a flat position when you cannot collect mummy letters
- Mummy Multiball - Scepter Awards are now being multiplied by playfield multiplier
- Mystery Award - allow mystery awards to award a 'Boost Power Jackpot' even if a power feature hasn't been started
- Power Jackpot - allow a power jackpot to be collected after reaching the minimum threshold even if a power feature hasn't been started
- Power Features - ORBITS and RAMPS completion bonus to the power jackpot changed from 1M to 3M
- Tomb Award - changed 'TOMB AWARD' text during award to 'Pharaoh's Tomb Treasure'
- Tomb Award - added 'Super Combos', awards 5x combos and deathblows for the rest of the ball
- Tomb Award - added 'Power Jackpot X+5', adds 5X to the current power jackpot multiplier
- Tomb Award - added 'Boost Power Jackpot 15M', adds an additional 15M to the current power jackpot
- Tomb Award - added some descriptive text for some of the tomb awards when they are awarded
- High Score Tables - Obelisk scroll can now flip through pages with flipper buttons
- Improved stability
- Adjustment Changes:

#1085 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Mounted mine on a piece of wire (used to make spinner axles and stuff - very ridged). Hot glued to plane and made a circle at the other end then put it under the screw on the spotlight over Trooper plastic.

#1086 5 years ago

Oh shit you mf's are killin me haha

#1087 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Jeez just DL'd .97 yesterday

It must be time for STERN WHY YOU DROPPING THAT CODE SO FUCKING FAST??? GEEZ.

#1088 5 years ago

I LIKE THE PRIMITIVE OLD FIRST TWO ALBUMS STUFF GARY FUX THEM NEW CODES

#1089 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I LIKE THE PRIMITIVE OLD FIRST TWO ALBUMS STUFF GARY FUX THEM NEW CODES

247b9a2eb7aed7247a8badfeb0f5fd721d66c391 (resized).jpg247b9a2eb7aed7247a8badfeb0f5fd721d66c391 (resized).jpg

#1090 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Code .98 just released.
PRO: http://www.sternpinball.com/games/iron-maiden/pro
PREM: http://www.sternpinball.com/games/iron-maiden/premium
LE: http://www.sternpinball.com/games/iron-maiden/le
Pro:
V0.98.0 - May 23, 2018
======================
- Improved stability
- Adjustment Changes:

Digging the increased power jackpot values. Just had 31M x3 with 2x play field power jackpot lit and I choked-drain!

#1091 5 years ago

I picked up my LE yesterday!

I was wondering how durable the foil decals on the cabinet are? I have a puppy who sometimes gets excited when people play pinball and will jump up and put his front paws on the bottom of the cabinet. Doesn't harm normal decals (he's not a large dog) but was wondering if the foil ones on the LE might be more delicate?

#1092 5 years ago

For those interested, I put together a quick comparison chart of how I personally think the Pro plays versus the Premium/LE. I bought a pro back in April and had the opportunity to play it in depth and really get to know the game. A local pinball bar recently put in an LE and I also had the opportunity to put a few hours of play on that over the last couple of weeks. I have since sold my pro and have put an order on a premium. The decision was extremely tough however - the value of the pro really can't be topped, it probably represents the theme of Iron Maiden the "band" best, is most likely to have the fewest issues and will likely hold it's value better than a premium, but... even with all that, I personally wanted a game with all the features and experience it to it's fullest and closest to how I think the original designer wanted it. I also love Iron Maiden music, have limited game room space, and the extra grand or two to upgrade wasn't a big deal for me.

With that, here's a quick snapshot of what I recall were the key differentiators between the models and my personal opinions on them. Hopefully this helps someone who is sitting in a similar spot as me a few weeks ago struggling to decide whether to go pro or upgrade...
maiden_comparison (resized).PNGmaiden_comparison (resized).PNG

#1093 5 years ago

B9900E76-DB77-4F4C-BD79-28FD1896780C (resized).jpegB9900E76-DB77-4F4C-BD79-28FD1896780C (resized).jpeg

#1094 5 years ago

Hope he didn't stick the hand truck where it looks like he is...

#1095 5 years ago

excited for you - I know this is your dream pin right?

#1096 5 years ago

What are the exact rules for add a ball in mariner and aces high? I've hit the orb in both and not gotten an add a ball which is what I thought was supposed to happen.

#1097 5 years ago

I see damage to container. Rushing to get them out the door and in to trucks. Just saying.

#1098 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I see damage to container. Rushing to get them out the door and in to trucks. Just saying.

That likely came from the shipping company. These move from truck to truck multiple times.

#1099 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I picked up my LE yesterday!
I was wondering how durable the foil decals on the cabinet are? I have a puppy who sometimes gets excited when people play pinball and will jump up and put his front paws on the bottom of the cabinet. Doesn't harm normal decals (he's not a large dog) but was wondering if the foil ones on the LE might be more delicate?

I have heard that they are more delicate than regular decals (i.e.: they scratch easier). There was a guy on here who was making clear cabinet protectors for cab art that I can't find now. I would def buy a set if/when we can find him. My first LE, can't be too cautious!

#1100 5 years ago

Gryszzz The gent that offered the cabinet protectors is HankScorpio

I can vouch for him - great seller and killer product. I would think these would be a must for IMDN LE if the decals are fragile.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,827 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/22?hl=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.