(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 498 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 221 of 317.
#11001 2 years ago

Still can’t believe we’re getting a bash toy ! in case your missing it ,Steve Gouveia has created “Gus” the bash toy that will mount to the sarcophagus on prem/Le .He’s only selling 40 to start but if demand is there I’m sure he’d do more but don’t quote me .There’s a video link im the thread .Im really exited about this one !

909C1078-1EE9-4BED-BA7C-9295E99C3654 (resized).png909C1078-1EE9-4BED-BA7C-9295E99C3654 (resized).pngF69CC31A-B863-4AD0-915A-C5797FB3DD46 (resized).pngF69CC31A-B863-4AD0-915A-C5797FB3DD46 (resized).png
#11002 2 years ago

The greatest pin of all time is getting the greatest mod !

92336567-54D2-468C-B5D1-770E8CCAA762 (resized).png92336567-54D2-468C-B5D1-770E8CCAA762 (resized).png
#11003 2 years ago

Ok, so I should have paid attention to the labels on the switch test. All I cared about initially was that nothing was triggering in it's own and that I did get an identified activation running something past that opto... So.... As I was recording video for reference to post I reread the label on the screen and "orbit detect opto" was what was being triggered on that ramp. And guess what was being registered when I ran a ball up the orbit manually...."right ramp opto".

The molex for both were next to each other underneath so it was a quick swap and quick fix.

#11004 2 years ago

Bought the figure and the base to add to my pro. Anyone have instructions, or can provide help how to mount the base? PM me, thanks!

1EB179F3-7205-4F1B-9C6D-A9EC12F2648D (resized).jpeg1EB179F3-7205-4F1B-9C6D-A9EC12F2648D (resized).jpeg4E3D61A5-B539-45B1-AA29-CD4A3F155403 (resized).jpeg4E3D61A5-B539-45B1-AA29-CD4A3F155403 (resized).jpeg

#11005 2 years ago

Joined the IM gang yesterday. Have only had 1 or 2 games on, my boy however has been on it non stop… even getting up early to play before school. He’s already singing the songs haha.

5492C425-EAEA-42B9-8F0A-7C1C3D1A6C0C (resized).jpeg5492C425-EAEA-42B9-8F0A-7C1C3D1A6C0C (resized).jpegEA305FA2-2CC7-4F19-9E20-E200D2846DEC (resized).jpegEA305FA2-2CC7-4F19-9E20-E200D2846DEC (resized).jpeg
#11006 2 years ago

For whatever reason this pin inexplicably appeals to those who are not really into the band nor particularly into pinball--they just like this game. Genie-in-the-bottle kind of magic!

#11007 2 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

For whatever reason this pin inexplicably appeals to those who are not really into the band nor particularly into pinball--they just like this game. Genie-in-the-bottle kind of magic!

True that!

#11008 2 years ago

While my wife still enjoys the shots on AIQ more, it does seem like she's having more fun with IMDN (and she doesnt really care much for the band either). The callouts+music really gives this a zesty experience.

I'm almost done fine tuning and correct quirks. Shooter spring might need to be replaced with a stronger one, as the manual plunges have soo much trouble making the full orbit. And some random LEDs seem to be flickering, so need to check the wires theres. Overall still, really digging this game.

#11009 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

While my wife still enjoys the shots on AIQ more, it does seem like she's having more fun with IMDN (and she doesnt really care much for the band either). The callouts+music really gives this a zesty experience.
I'm almost done fine tuning and correct quirks. Shooter spring might need to be replaced with a stronger one, as the manual plunges have soo much trouble making the full orbit. And some random LEDs seem to be flickering, so need to check the wires theres. Overall still, really digging this game.

Why need a full manual plunge? I also have an assortment of random LEDS not working right now on this brandy new rig... sigh.

#11010 2 years ago
Quoted from STVPIN:

Why need a full manual plunge? I also have an assortment of random LEDS not working right now on this brandy new rig... sigh.

I guess I dont "need it"...just feels incomplete that I dont have the option to control the plunge. auto plunge 100% makes it all the way around the orbit, but full manual plunge will 1 in 5 make the orbit, 2 in 5 go up maybe halfway around, and the last 2 will hit the post right above the stand up target thats in the center as the ball exits the shooter lane.

#11011 2 years ago
Quoted from STVPIN:

Make a note of which GIs not working. Is it just the lower GI ? For example.

#11012 2 years ago
Quoted from STVPIN:

I'm pretty sure the manual plunge should be able to make the full orbit or else it's not much of a skill shot hitting the upper flipper. At least that's the impression I get from the design of the game.

Having a full plunge make it to the upper flipper sounds nice but maybe too easy.

#11013 2 years ago

I noticed my cyborg eddie guns have drooped. Has anyone else had this happen? I searched the forum but did not see it mentioned. Is there a more permanent fix than just bending them back up. Thanks!

#11014 2 years ago
Quoted from Mro-Tek:

I noticed my cyborg eddie guns have drooped. Has anyone else had this happen? I searched the forum but did not see it mentioned. Is there a more permanent fix than just bending them back up. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-03-01 at 11.06.20 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-03-01 at 11.06.20 AM (resized).png
#11015 2 years ago

My LED issue seems to be from a loose socket. Sucks it's the first one next to the flipper so it's under that assembly. I wiggled it from up top to get it to stay on for now, but will need to remove the flipper mechanism to reach it later for a permanent fix

#11016 2 years ago
Quoted from Mro-Tek:

Yeah this was brought up in this thread before but i don't recall any other solution than just bending them back. It's from the heat of the closest spotlight and being turned on for longer periods of time.

#11017 2 years ago

I’m Going custom armor, so never ended up using these LED hinge lights. New, Still in packaging

So if anyone interested DM.

Up the Irons

231F7220-9BA9-4E2D-8C1D-8B0CBECCB25A (resized).jpeg231F7220-9BA9-4E2D-8C1D-8B0CBECCB25A (resized).jpeg7656206A-FE3C-44DA-8361-87CAA345B385 (resized).jpeg7656206A-FE3C-44DA-8361-87CAA345B385 (resized).jpeg
#11018 2 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Yeah this was brought up in this thread before but i don't recall any other solution than just bending them back. It's from the heat of the closest spotlight and being turned on for longer periods of time.

thanks! I wonder if applying a thin "glaze" of super glue might help.

#11019 2 years ago

I’m totally out of the loop as I haven’t been on pinside for almost ten months, but why did premiums all of a sudden almost double in used market price? Did they not build any with the second run? Is it purely supply vs demand? Please go easy on me, like I said, been totally out of the hobby for a short while now

#11020 2 years ago
Quoted from NickyRicky:

I’m totally out of the loop as I haven’t been on pinside for almost ten months, but why did premiums all of a sudden almost double in used market price? Did they not build any with the second run? Is it purely supply vs demand? Please go easy on me, like I said, been totally out of the hobby for a short while now

Supply vs demand. Back order is probably gonna cause them to focus on newer titles. If I had to put my money on it I'd say the run that was 4th quarter of 2021 and or if there is a assembly scheduled, that those will probably be the last runs. At least if they decide to bring it back. Not confirmed though just saying they have had how many more titles released since 2018 and the back order for some games is like 1.5 years

#11021 2 years ago
Quoted from NickyRicky:

I was in the market for the premium but when I contacted my distro in Sept and asked about the possible (it happened already) price increase and if it would effect my order. He said yes, so I opted for a pro in which he got in that very same day. No price increase paid

#11022 2 years ago

Pretty much all that. Lots of new people into the hobby (home ownership specifically, and me included) with their run end of last year seeming it "might" be it for a while. Guess depends on continued demand + license rights. I ended up paying slightly above 2022 NIB price for a Nov 2021 build (about 300 over), which considering if I wanted a premium it seems most people are selling their used ones for at least 1k more than what I paid for, so I'll deal with it. If I had gotten into pins a few months earlier, might have put in a deposit much earlier and maybe saved 1.3k, but oh well. is what it is. If the case ever comes up that I need or want to sell it, should at least come out even.

Really digging the game more and more. Think after spending the time fixing the light issues I'll go ahead and upgrade the audio system before jumping in on things like side blades/etc.

#11023 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

My LED issue seems to be from a loose socket. Sucks it's the first one next to the flipper so it's under that assembly. I wiggled it from up top to get it to stay on for now, but will need to remove the flipper mechanism to reach it later for a permanent fix

The flaky GI can be fixed by adding solder to the bottom of the bulbs so it makes a better connection when inserted. Not sure what is with the sockets on these but they don't seem to connect very well and the added solder seems to sort that out.

#11024 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

The flaky GI can be fixed by adding solder to the bottom of the bulbs so it makes a better connection when inserted. Not sure what is with the sockets on these but they don't seem to connect very well and the added solder seems to sort that out.

Yeah, thats what I was thinking. All the other sockets seem to be nicely fixed in place but that one is super loosey goosey. Feels like it might be on the verge of snapping off of whatever is holding it.

#11025 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Pretty much all that. Lots of new people into the hobby (home ownership specifically, and me included) with their run end of last year seeming it "might" be it for a while. Guess depends on continued demand + license rights. I ended up paying slightly above 2022 NIB price for a Nov 2021 build (about 300 over), which considering if I wanted a premium it seems most people are selling their used ones for at least 1k more than what I paid for, so I'll deal with it. If I had gotten into pins a few months earlier, might have put in a deposit much earlier and maybe saved 1.3k, but oh well. is what it is. If the case ever comes up that I need or want to sell it, should at least come out even.
Really digging the game more and more. Think after spending the time fixing the light issues I'll go ahead and upgrade the audio system before jumping in on things like side blades/etc.

Thanks for the info all! Pretty wild what just a couple months can do to the market. Shaker and Sub would be the first mods I’d go for. So much more immersive gameplay! I regret selling my premium last year now lol, honestly thought with a new run used prices would dip.

#11026 2 years ago
Quoted from NickyRicky:

Thanks for the info all! Pretty wild what just a couple months can do to the market. Shaker and Sub would be the first mods I’d go for. So much more immersive gameplay! I regret selling my premium last year now lol, honestly thought with a new run used prices would dip.

if they do another run in 2023 it should dip. Least for this year looks like it wont happen unless Stern gets super ahead of everything else and still have license+parts to do so. With every new license it seems they get more people in. If it wasnt for AIQ I prob would have delayed my hobby entry another year or so. Then I've seen people get in b/c of GZ, Rush, and even with Halloween (a person or two I know from the movie poster community jumped in kinda b/c of the artist since thats his main audience...movie posters/art)

#11027 2 years ago
Quoted from NickyRicky:

Unfortunately Stern raised prices by $1000.00 which in turn increased used pin prices too, but the market going crazy over pinball has also increased pricing. I put a deposit down on a Munsters last April because ordering a new one was cheaper then the used market, Unfortunately after waiting 7 months, Stern shorted my distributor and I didn't get it, luckily I also ordered a Maiden and did get it. I wish Stern could catch up with the backlog, and thing go back to normal again to where you can order a new pin, and actually get it.

#11028 2 years ago

Finally looked closely to the shooter rod and what felt like weak hits to the ball was mostly due to off centered rod. The tip hits it to the side significantly enough where it makes pretty bad contact. Going to mess with adjusting that later in the week when I get time.

#11029 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead1550:

Unfortunately Stern raised prices by $1000.00 which in turn increased used pin prices too, but the market going crazy over pinball has also increased pricing. I put a deposit down on a Munsters last April because ordering a new one was cheaper then the used market, Unfortunately after waiting 7 months, Stern shorted my distributor and I didn't get it, luckily I also ordered a Maiden and did get it. I wish Stern could catch up with the backlog, and thing go back to normal again to where you can order a new pin, and actually get it.

Used pricing is atrocious! Really laying the "demand" pricing on thick. In my pinning I've just opted to wait it out for NIB lately. Slap the ones we've got and try not to count the days. But alas, being a guy with a want is a stinky cologne

#11030 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Finally looked closely to the shooter rod and what felt like weak hits to the ball was mostly due to off centered rod. The tip hits it to the side significantly enough where it makes pretty bad contact. Going to mess with adjusting that later in the week when I get time.

This is also what happens to mine. I’ve tried to move the rod over as well as slide the playfield to line it up. It works well, but every once in a while I’ll look down and it’s off center again. Let me know if you find a good way to adjust this.

#11031 2 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

This is also what happens to mine. I’ve tried to move the rod over as well as slide the playfield to line it up. It works well, but every once in a while I’ll look down and it’s off center again. Let me know if you find a good way to adjust this.

Might be the rod in my case. I'll rotate it and see the tip shift it's location. Will take it out of the housing and roll it on a table to see how significant the curvature is

#11032 2 years ago

By chance did you switch out the stock shooter? When I put the Iron Maiden shooter rod on in place of the one that came on the machine I had to do a bit of adjustment since it was not smooth at all. Added some lube, an extra washer along with some break in time and it’s good now.

#11033 2 years ago
Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

By chance did you switch out the stock shooter? When I put the Iron Maiden shooter rod on in place of the one that came on the machine I had to do a bit of adjustment since it was not smooth at all. Added some lube, an extra washer along with some break in time and it’s good now.

Stock rod. Looking a little wobbly

#11034 2 years ago

Have a newer friend that moved hear recently that used to have a maiden, went over the other day to play and talk pinball. And he found this signed translite from team Elwin in his unpacked stuff and gifted it. Pretty dope

IMG_20220302_194158 (resized).jpgIMG_20220302_194158 (resized).jpg
#11035 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

I had to shim mine with some mylar because it was quite off center and no adjusting would fix it.

#11036 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

I had to shim mine with some mylar because it was quite off center and no adjusting would fix it.

Curious on what this would entail. I just tried a couple of hour ago loosening the screws to see if there was any give towards center and really couldnt budge it much more than what it already was.

Also, dam those LEDs under the flipper mechanism. Along with the rod took that off to see how it looked like and didnt expect for the bulb contacts to be stapled unto the playfield and then soldered on. That housing at the base did seem a little wonky but it "looked" fine when I powered it on w/o any issues. But when back in game, the flipper coil vibration causes it to flicker. will get back down there when I have more patience.

#11037 2 years ago

Sometimes tightening the socket, or in other words, making it smaller so it holds the bulb better helps.
Sometimes it is just the bulb. Replace it.
Sometimes you need to resolder the socket.
Sometimes adding a small dab of solder ok the bulb base really helps.

Sometimes all 4.

Very common to have this do this, until you do what I mention above and it rarely happens ever again.

#11038 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Sometimes tightening the socket, or in other words, making it smaller so it holds the bulb better helps.
Sometimes it is just the bulb. Replace it.
Sometimes you need to resolder the socket.
Sometimes adding a small dab of solder ok the bulb base really helps.
Sometimes all 4.
Very common to have this do this, until you do what I mention above and it rarely happens ever again.

While i was there should have tried a different bulb. But the soldering thing is where I need the patience for. I'm going to be replacing the speakers this weekend so will be a good opportunity with the wire soldering anyway while i'm at it

#11039 2 years ago

Switch 22 question.

When I add shooter lane protector,

1) auto plunge interval SLOWS. a good 3 second pause before it shoots. Whereas otherwise, would shoot a second after ball release

2) gives me a switch 22 alert in diagnostics.
Also song select continues after plunge until a target/orbit/ramp is hit. Otherwise keeps scrolling through songs. Rather annoying

I remove protector returns to normal.

Was wondering if an adjustment I could make so I could keep the protector in there ?

Plz Advise. Thank you.

#11040 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Switch 22 question.
When I add shooter lane protector,
1) auto plunge interval SLOWS. a good 3 second pause before it shoots. Whereas otherwise, would shoot a second after ball release
2) gives me a switch 22 alert in diagnostics.
Also song select continues after plunge until a target/orbit/ramp is hit. Otherwise keeps scrolling through songs. Rather annoying
I remove protector returns to normal.
Was wondering if an adjustment I could make so I could keep the protector in there ?
Plz Advise. Thank you.

You will need to adjust your shooter lane switch to make up for the thickness of that protector. With the protector on, the ball sits up higher, which means the switch is not pressing down far enough. It should be simply a matter of bending the switch actuator up a bit. There are plenty of tutorials around on how to adjust a switch.

Next time I would suggest getting a Cliffy style (thin metal) protector instead.

#11041 2 years ago

Hey guys. What's the best way to add spotlights to a premium?

#11042 2 years ago

Those who have sloppy auto plungers, have you looked into replacing the bushings? This fixed my ST.

6A30C56D-57D1-4D36-9B8A-CBD4B8F49ACF (resized).jpeg6A30C56D-57D1-4D36-9B8A-CBD4B8F49ACF (resized).jpeg
#11043 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Those who have sloppy auto plungers, have you looked into replacing the bushings? This fixed my ST.
[quoted image]

Mine isn’t sloppy, just seems a little off and I mean just a little bit. It can be just enough to make the ball rattle at launch which is what slows it down around the loop and why I don’t have any autolaunch problems.

#11044 2 years ago

I’m not a fan of the Lane protector
Only reason I kept it in was because it fixed the plunge issue. Now it loops right around and locks for multiball.

I have orders with Cliffy but likely still a few weeks out until I can replace current with a Nice Cliffy protector.

#11045 2 years ago

Having a problem with the captivate ball and sarcophagus . Now when it opens it doesn’t open all the way and ball doesn’t go in. The captive ball feels loose and is moving around but haven’t found a way to tighten it , any help would be appreciated

107ADAAA-4E3A-4892-B663-DC4637221F23 (resized).jpeg107ADAAA-4E3A-4892-B663-DC4637221F23 (resized).jpegAB39F7B7-234F-418C-8DC1-E2B701D5C9A9 (resized).jpegAB39F7B7-234F-418C-8DC1-E2B701D5C9A9 (resized).jpeg
#11046 2 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

Having a problem with the captivate ball and sarcophagus . Now when it opens it doesn’t open all the way and ball doesn’t go in. The captive ball feels loose and is moving around but haven’t found a way to tighten it , any help would be appreciated
[quoted image][quoted image]

Your captive ball assembly has come loose, causing it to get pushed up by the spring on the underside. It's not allowing the lock to open fully. Look at the parts view for it in the manual and you'll see what needs to be done. Get yourself some blue loctight to stop it from happening again.

#11047 2 years ago

Just recently started having a problem with the forward lock post on the left orbit. The post raises and retracts just fine, but the black rubber housing around it gets caught up and remains raised in the way of ball travel. What is the best way to secure this piece to the metal post so that it remains on it and doesn't come loose?

IMG_3679 (resized).jpgIMG_3679 (resized).jpg
#11048 2 years ago

Is there supposed to be a rubber on this post?

044698B5-ECBD-4B03-A085-1AEBAA1D3ECB (resized).jpeg044698B5-ECBD-4B03-A085-1AEBAA1D3ECB (resized).jpeg
#11049 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Is there supposed to be a rubber on this post?
[quoted image]

Yes

#11050 2 years ago
Quoted from ucsbaviator:

Just recently started having a problem with the forward lock post on the left orbit. The post raises and retracts just fine, but the black rubber housing around it gets caught up and remains raised in the way of ball travel. What is the best way to secure this piece to the metal post so that it remains on it and doesn't come loose?

A dab of rubber cement: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/195#post-6555139

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.00
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 221 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/221 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.