(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,785 posts - Hot topic!
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 minutes ago by dapperdan24
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_8416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8418 (resized).jpeg
20240413_163843 (resized).jpg
20240413_143449 (resized).jpg
20240412_190431 (resized).jpg
20240412_190452 (resized).jpg
Polish_20240413_140952356 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_200534433 (resized).jpg
Ironmaidenshipped (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_182738510 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_200534433 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_165233504 (resized).jpg
20240407_164052@4 (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4950 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,785 posts in this topic. You are on page 219 of 316.
#10901 2 years ago
Quoted from ZioShu:

Sleal16 may i ask you,when did you placed your order?Thanks

Bought from pinballs.com. I think they held their November stock till after the new year to better justify the price. was 300 over current MSRP pricing...considering not sure if/when they'll make more and its close to what I'd pay NIB anyway later, its fine

#10902 2 years ago

Anyone have a good source for the clear lower right in/outlane plastic. Mine broke in two places and Bondic will only last so long. This plastic is surprisingly flimsy for all the holes it has drilled in it and for as much abuse as it takes.

IMG_IM (resized).jpgIMG_IM (resized).jpg
#10903 2 years ago

That part should be metal...

imaiden (resized).pngimaiden (resized).png
#10904 2 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Anyone have a good source for the clear lower right in/outlane plastic. Mine broke in two places and Bondic will only last so long. This plastic is surprisingly flimsy for all the holes it has drilled in it and for as much abuse as it takes.
[quoted image]

Awhile ago someone was selling colored plastic protectors that replaced the metal with plastic so the protectors got more light to them. If you bought your machine used, the previous owner probably replaced the metal ones with the ones you have.

#10905 2 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

[quoted image]

Quoted from metallik:

That part should be metal...[quoted image]

Take a look in the cabinet, maybe the originals are hiding in there?

#10906 2 years ago

Why do so many people prefer the pro vs the premium on this title? I never played a premium.

#10907 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Why do so many people prefer the pro vs the premium on this title? I never played a premium.

Do they? Premium/LE seems to rate higher.

#10908 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Own a pro but have decent time in on a premium too. Love both.

Aesthetically the premium has obvious upgrades, but gameplay wise the pro feels complete. Different? yes. Downgrade? No. Which one you prefer feels like an actual choice rather than a compromise.

The premium is a bit more cerebral. The mummy/sarc/tomb differences give you a bit more to think about, but also a lot more time to think about it while the mechs do their thing.

The pro feels a little more fast and loose, but not out of control or random. The altered shots are satisfying and in all the right places in the flow.

Usually a pro feels like they have an obvious hole in the gameplay even if you haven't played or even seen a premium. The flow or combos get interrupted somewhere and whether a tough shot ends in a dead end or just a moment where there's nothing to do but wait for the ball to find it's way somewhere interesting it feels like the game shouting "COMBO BREAKER!"

#10909 2 years ago
Quoted from craif:

Own a pro but have decent time in on a premium too. Love both.
Aesthetically the premium has obvious upgrades, but gameplay wise the pro feels complete. Different? yes. Downgrade? No. Which one you prefer feels like an actual choice rather than a compromise.
The premium is a bit more cerebral. The mummy/sarc/tomb differences give you a bit more to think about, but also a lot more time to think about it while the mechs do their thing.
The pro feels a little more fast and loose, but not out of control or random. The altered shots are satisfying and in all the right places in the flow.
Usually a pro feels like they have an obvious hole in the gameplay even if you haven't played or even seen a premium. The flow or combos get interrupted somewhere and whether a tough shot ends in a dead end or just a moment where there's nothing to do but wait for the ball to find it's way somewhere interesting it feels like the game shouting "COMBO BREAKER!"

What he said. DP pro feels like that on the left orbit (pro).
Own DP premium and have played the pro.
I buy the game that plays better not the one that has needless toys.
Flow for the win, always.
I own Imdn pro

#10910 2 years ago

Yeah it is not a question of money, just more on gameplay. Seems like the Iron Maiden Pro is complete.

#10911 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

What he said. DP pro feels like that on the left orbit (pro).

I feel the same way on Maiden left ramp. It's nice to have three lock shots instead of two, mixes things up. Also nice to have variety in the center shot, easy if the ramp is up, more difficult if not. To each their own... I definitely prefer prem for Maiden.

#10912 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead1550:

Awhile ago someone was selling colored plastic protectors that replaced the metal with plastic so the protectors got more light to them...

Thanks, that's exactly what I did and had forgotten about it. Now I see why the originals were metal...and thanks mbwalker--I did find the originals in my coin box. The clears do let in more light and might be worth replacing after they break in a few years, if anyone has a source please PM me.

#10913 2 years ago

So I searched the posts and didn't find what I'm looking for so I will ask. Does anyone have an issue with the upper left flipper being a wet noodle at times? Seems worse when it's coming down to the flipper and I try to hit to an upper lane, it just seems to gently kit the ball.

#10914 2 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

So I searched the posts and didn't find what I'm looking for so I will ask. Does anyone have an issue with the upper left flipper being a wet noodle at times? Seems worse when it's coming down to the flipper and I try to hit to an upper lane, it just seems to gently kit the ball.

sounds like some sort of mechanical binding.

#10915 2 years ago

sounds like some sort of mechanical binding.

I changed coil stop and sleeve and still happens at times. The flipper moved freely in the coil before and after parts replacement.

#10916 2 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

I changed coil stop and sleeve and still happens at times. The flipper moved freely in the coil before and after parts replacement.

just to cross the obvious off, have you check the coil power in the settings?
If it is sound mechanically, then power would be the next question... this is a weird one, one of those head scratchers.

#10917 2 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Does anyone have an issue with the upper left flipper being a wet noodle at times?

If it's only "at times" you may have a partially broken solder joint that's intermittent. Check the flipper coil lugs for issues. If that's good, check the cab switch for good contact, although the weak flipper from cab switch thing was mostly a product of dirty WPC optos (or cruddy HV switches in the past).

#10918 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Up the Irons !! In case you haven’t seen it ,this is the new mod coming from Steve Gouveia.He has a thread dedicated to it so if you want in ,check it out .Im sure it will be limited like his others for WOZ but do not quote me on that .I am a mere mortal .Looks insane !!!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

This mod looks intriguing. Can someone post the link? I’m not finding it. The modding never ends on Maiden, this game is awesome.

#10919 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

This mod looks intriguing. Can someone post the link? I’m not finding it. The modding never ends on Maiden, this game is awesome.

It’s this thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-witch-red-smoke-mod/page/114#post-6786202

#10920 2 years ago

So if you connect the Stern IC reader and update the code to the new 1.10 version it is suppose to add the Can I Play With Madness mode. How is that mode qualified and is it cool? I guess the premium and LE models already had this mode so that’s a plus to getting the IC for the pro.

#10921 2 years ago

I’m not sure (or positive either way) but I think the update is all that is needed for the can I play with madness mode. I don’t think you have to add the IC hardware.

#10922 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

How is that mode qualified and is it cool?

Third tomb treasure. I have a premium and while it was unique and fun for a while, I eventually disabled it. I think it's more fun to try cashing in the +15M power jackpot with lots of multipliers.

Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

I’m not sure (or positive either way) but I think the update is all that is needed for the can I play with madness mode. I don’t think you have to add the IC hardware.

You need the IC hardware to sign in and activate the mode. From readme:

- Can I Play With Madness - mode has now been added to the game if you are connected to Stern IC

#10923 2 years ago

For those with a pro, curious how Madness mode handles the timed up-the-middle lock the Premium does... did they just get rid of that aspect?

#10924 2 years ago

That’s a BS move..sorry

You need the IC hardware to sign in and activate the mode. From readme:
- Can I Play With Madness - mode has now been added to the game if you are connected to Stern IC

#10925 2 years ago

Iv’e had my IMDN Pro since August 2019.
Build date June 12 2019. Chipping/pooling,
same shit everybody has dealt with. Reached out to my distro in November 2019
Received new unpopulated playfield January
2020.Reason i did not join this club sooner was the POS autolauncher. I did new coil,
shims, etc. It would work for a month or so
before i had to fuck with it again. Not sure what i did on the last adjustment other then listen to Pantera really loud but it has been working for 3 months without a hiccup.Could give a shit about Ironmaiden the band. Their music was and is meh to my ears. Even with the theme being what it is i fucking love this machine.

#10926 2 years ago

Anybody have the issue on the tomb diverter where it only opens half way or is constantly moving up and down after qualifying the sarcophagus lock? I lent my game to a friend and it started doing this on him.

#10927 2 years ago

Anyone tried to add some kind of Bluetooth adapter so you could use wireless headphones? I got kind of spoiled with doing this on my GnR which had Bluetooth from the factory.

#10928 2 years ago

This Lior's apron came with my machine, but I will not be installing it. Anybody know what they sold for?

16453927969761693286039276424722 (resized).jpg16453927969761693286039276424722 (resized).jpg
#10929 2 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

This Lior's apron came with my machine, but I will not be installing it. Anybody know what they sold for?
[quoted image]

I don’t think it was ever produced beyond a prototype.

#10930 2 years ago

Unrelated to previous post but for future reference.
I picked up this trick while restoring and maintaining a collection of handplanes(woodworking) I had.

If you want your metal guides or ramps or any mild steel to have that brand new look, literally 3 passes on a 3m pad will restore the look.
Takes 5 seconds if you are slow.

My ramp now after 800 plays.

A78DF47D-C193-4081-BF82-175D06BB358E (resized).jpegA78DF47D-C193-4081-BF82-175D06BB358E (resized).jpegCA792EB4-7102-4684-B383-B5C2F5539C3C (resized).jpegCA792EB4-7102-4684-B383-B5C2F5539C3C (resized).jpeg
#10931 2 years ago

What is the metal playfield protector under the Pharaoh? Is this something that Stern just recently put on the games?

#10932 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

What is the metal playfield protector under the Pharaoh? Is this something that Stern just recently put on the games?

It helps the playfield from being damaged by the ball drop. Earlier runs had mylar but that would pull up. Even the metal tends to eventually curl but that can be repaired.

#10933 2 years ago

Can someone please share pictures of this protector under the Pharoah?

#10934 2 years ago

I picked up this trick while restoring and maintaining a collection of handplanes(woodworking) I had.
If you want your metal guides or ramps or any mild steel to have that brand new look, literally 3 passes on a 3m pad will restore the look.
My ramp now after 800 plays.[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks great! Was the bottom of your metal ramp that touches the playfield all dinged up from the ball? Was just curious because mine is.

And if it was, it looks like what you did took all that out.

Thanks.

#10935 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

That looks great! Was the bottom of your metal ramp that touches the playfield all dinged up from the ball? Was just curious because mine is.
Thanks.

Thanks,
the bottom of the ramp looks a bit shinier than the rest, if I continue sanding with the pad it will be 'erased' but it is a fool's errand because in 10 games the marks will come back. I made it look a hair better and left it alone, I also do not want to change the angle of it just in case, less is more sort of speak.

I would also recommend servicing the mylar under the ramp, very easy to remove and install a fresh one dont forget to wax you pf before! cheers

#10936 2 years ago

Thanks pal!

#10937 2 years ago
Quoted from Biju:

It helps the playfield from being damaged by the ball drop. Earlier runs had mylar but that would pull up. Even the metal tends to eventually curl but that can be repaired.

What Iron Maiden Pro runs did this start happening?
Is Stern going to make more in 2023?

#10938 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Thanks.

Ive had mylar on the bottom of the ramp since I purchased it .I thought it was on all of them but must have been installed by the guy who originally owned it .No dings .

#10939 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Ive had mylar on the bottom of the ramp since I purchased it .I thought it was on all of them but must have been installed by the guy who originally owned it .No dings .

He is referring to the edge of the ramp ans not the PF. All Pf must have mylar there, otherwise the edge of the ramp will dig in a little, I just removed the factory one 0.003” of an inch thick, no issues underneath.
Installed 0.004” mylar just for good measure.

#10940 2 years ago

He is referring to the edge of the ramp ans not the PF. All Pf must have mylar there, otherwise the edge of the ramp will dig in a little, I just removed the factory one 0.003” of an inch thick, no issues underneath.
Installed 0.004” mylar just for good measure.

Yeah it’s on the actual ramp .Like the bottom inch folded around to a inch up the back .

#10941 2 years ago
22D946E9-1632-49F1-A7CC-DFD622A8A5EF (resized).jpeg22D946E9-1632-49F1-A7CC-DFD622A8A5EF (resized).jpeg
#10942 2 years ago

I peeled it back like new under it .

#10943 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I peeled it back like new under it .

to each their own, I would rather not have the mylar there...

#10944 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

What Iron Maiden Pro runs did this start happening?
Is Stern going to make more in 2023?

I can only attest to my machine which was September 2021 however I just received my new metal protector from Stern today and it included instructions on how to install the metal protector. The date of the document was April 18, 2019 so I'm just going to guess that the 2020 runs had this installed.

As for 2023...I'm just not sure. By then they will have likely developed 3 more machines which means they'll have built ~15 machines since Maiden. I have a feeling the ones out there are the last of them but I really don't know.

#10945 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Anybody have the issue on the tomb diverter where it only opens half way or is constantly moving up and down after qualifying the sarcophagus lock? I lent my game to a friend and it started doing this on him.

Fixed, it was lower limit switch not registering so just a tweak on the switch arm and good to go.

#10946 2 years ago

Since the stern topper is unobtanium, what are you guys going with? I’m really digging the tilt topper.

996FCA37-F898-4E62-9981-A69E99F23096 (resized).jpeg996FCA37-F898-4E62-9981-A69E99F23096 (resized).jpeg
#10947 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Since the stern topper is unobtanium, what are you guys going with? I’m really digging the tilt topper.
[quoted image]

Not a big topper guy, but devil horns seemed like a nice add since you’re battling the devil.

C3CBE7CB-EF2F-4717-A895-6C5A7DC0D661 (resized).jpegC3CBE7CB-EF2F-4717-A895-6C5A7DC0D661 (resized).jpeg
#10948 2 years ago

My ramp now after 800 plays.[quoted image][quoted image]

Where do you buy these in Canada? Is $35 for a 20 pack reasonable or is Amazon charging too much?

#10949 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

[quoted image]

FYI We are not currently taking new orders for the Iron Maiden topper. We are catching up on orders now for that unit. Producing new Eddie casts in March so check back in April if you’re interested. Thanks

#10950 2 years ago

Joined the club
I never had an interest in the theme. But after playing it on location it became my wife’s favorite pin to play.
So thanks to a fellow pinsider, was able to get it home.
Changing the speakers over so far . Music has grown on me

66858F53-9F8B-4512-B9BE-C51D22FE6876 (resized).jpeg66858F53-9F8B-4512-B9BE-C51D22FE6876 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

There are 15,785 posts in this topic. You are on page 219 of 316.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/219 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.