(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 217 of 317.
#10801 2 years ago

These wizard mod apron & speaker covers arrived today. Very pleased with how it turned out.

Still have blades, gels, cannon & pyramid to add.
And Marco’s custom armor incoming.
0CA1F647-5EC4-404B-88BE-48F7004DBF96 (resized).jpeg0CA1F647-5EC4-404B-88BE-48F7004DBF96 (resized).jpeg

#10802 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Very pleased with how it turned out.

I like your topper…. Or “high topper” shall I say.

#10803 2 years ago

new games in , new games out, still the G.O.A.T. ! What a game!

#10804 2 years ago

My pinball cover arrived today. Iron Maiden!

I get it. Some like the official stern pin covers.
I prefer going this route lol

Can’t find anything worthy for Tallica and Aerosmith.
So the answer of course is ANOTHER Maiden!
LOL

5B39FA9F-3A76-4D68-AFB1-393D7A57DAF6 (resized).jpeg5B39FA9F-3A76-4D68-AFB1-393D7A57DAF6 (resized).jpegEC4645D4-E627-4ED1-B9E4-D72EB728388C (resized).jpegEC4645D4-E627-4ED1-B9E4-D72EB728388C (resized).jpeg
#10805 2 years ago

Im doing updates today are there any reasons not to update my premium from 1.08 to 1.10 which I think is the latest code.

#10806 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Im doing updates today are there any reasons not to update my premium from 1.08 to 1.10 which I think is the latest code.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think most of the updates are for the Stern Insider Connected platform (along with updating the pro to be able to play Can I Play With Madness if they have SIC installed). Oh, and new tour dates added.

#10807 2 years ago

yep a big nothing

#10808 2 years ago

Time to finally crack this one open and play IMDN.
Cheers to club and the weekend!

987E962E-B3E6-4F3C-9F4D-FBD6AB73DE53 (resized).jpeg987E962E-B3E6-4F3C-9F4D-FBD6AB73DE53 (resized).jpeg

#10809 2 years ago

Anyone know where I can get these side rails
Thanks

C3BFF0C4-CC77-4CC4-9978-CE49D2FD97C5 (resized).jpegC3BFF0C4-CC77-4CC4-9978-CE49D2FD97C5 (resized).jpegF5F26F97-BF6C-4622-AC34-63EAE79828E5 (resized).pngF5F26F97-BF6C-4622-AC34-63EAE79828E5 (resized).png
#10810 2 years ago

Been wondering that myself.
Even messaged PM the guy, never heard back.

#10811 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Time to finally crack this one open and play IMDN.
Cheers to club and the weekend!
[quoted image]

Let me know how it is, I have not cracked mine yet.

#10812 2 years ago
Quoted from Bulskis9298:

Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image]

Hey I like those. I’d be in for a set definitely

#10813 2 years ago
Quoted from Bulskis9298:

Thanks

I thought they were discontinued from Stern .I really want them also before I go to the airbrush artist .

#10814 2 years ago
Quoted from Bulskis9298:

Thanks

Check with He-man40

#10815 2 years ago
Quoted from Bulskis9298:

Thanks

If you find them, let us know who has them, I'm interested too.

#10816 2 years ago

I just took delivery of an IM Premium and it seems many of the problems from years past have been addressed. The sticker on the back shows it was minted December 2021. It is every bit as excellent as I could have imagined having this rig in the basement.

The good: full plunge (orange spring) goes all the way around as does the auto plunge. I didn't have to touch any adjustment there. It came with a metal playfield protector under the Pharaoh. And at only 70 plays, seeing the abuse it has already taken WOW no kidding. Cliffy's are on the way.

The bad: the newton ball. One came out of adjustment on arrival. What I did to solve it was actually bend the metal bracket holding the leaf spring so the spoon sits centered on the metal pin and some appropriate bending with a leaf switch adjustment tool. Blue locktight on the pin too. We'll see how they get on.

More good: That's literally the only thing I've had to adjust was one of the newton ball switches, and only the one. The orb ball was fine out of the box. It came with 1.10 on it. The stern insider thing is there. I've not connected it yet but might. It works, it knows it's not connected to the mother ship when I scan my barcode.

Mods done: Shaker. No brainer. Stupid easy install. They put the mounting lugs into it already so you just screw it down and plug it in and service menu turn it on. Huge difference in gameplay feel.

Looking for: IRON MAIDEN PINBALL PHARAOH PLASTIC PROTECTOR. I've already cracked it. sigh. Can't find em, if anyone has a lead, TIA. I'm on the email notification list at mezelmods.

Anyway, CHEERS! UP THE IRONS!!

#10817 2 years ago
Quoted from STVPIN:

I just took delivery of an IM Premium and it seems many of the problems from years past have been addressed. The sticker on the back shows it was minted December 2021. It is every bit as excellent as I could have imagined having this rig in the basement.
The good: full plunge (orange spring) goes all the way around as does the auto plunge. I didn't have to touch any adjustment there. It came with a metal playfield protector under the Pharaoh. And at only 70 plays, seeing the abuse it has already taken WOW no kidding. Cliffy's are on the way.
The bad: the newton ball. One came out of adjustment on arrival. What I did to solve it was actually bend the metal bracket holding the leaf spring so the spoon sits centered on the metal pin and some appropriate bending with a leaf switch adjustment tool. Blue locktight on the pin too. We'll see how they get on.
More good: That's literally the only thing I've had to adjust was one of the newton ball switches, and only the one. The orb ball was fine out of the box. It came with 1.10 on it. The stern insider thing is there. I've not connected it yet but might. It works, it knows it's not connected to the mother ship when I scan my barcode.
Mods done: Shaker. No brainer. Stupid easy install. They put the mounting lugs into it already so you just screw it down and plug it in and service menu turn it on. Huge difference in gameplay feel.
Looking for: IRON MAIDEN PINBALL PHARAOH PLASTIC PROTECTOR. I've already cracked it. sigh. Can't find em, if anyone has a lead, TIA. I'm on the email notification list at mezelmods.

https://mezelmods.com/collections/iron-maiden-legacy/products/iron-maiden-pinball-pharaoh-plastic-protector?variant=12353715241057

I see you have a premium. This of course is a link to the Pharaoh protector, but it appears as though they have Pro only (no premium/ LE) at the current time. Reason I added this link was that you can probably get on their contact page and ask them if they would be willing to do another run. They're good folks at Mezel Mods and it wouldn't hurt to ask 'em...no matter what, they'll definitely respond to your querry.

#10818 2 years ago

Hoping to join the club with a verrrrry routed premium - I actually rented it at the end of 2020, and it kicked my ass so hard that I got sick of it. I've become a lot better since then, and I got out on location to play a pro and just loved it. I forgot how immersive it was.

The premium is available and has several thousand plays on it, but I'm not overly concerned given how beloved this game is - even if I have to put some time/money into it I think it'll hold value. But given that this one has had some wear over time, anything major I should look for or be ready to replace?

#10819 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Hoping to join the club with a verrrrry routed premium - I actually rented it at the end of 2020, and it kicked my ass so hard that I got sick of it. I've become a lot better since then, and I got out on location to play a pro and just loved it. I forgot how immersive it was.
The premium is available and has several thousand plays on it, but I'm not overly concerned given how beloved this game is - even if I have to put some time/money into it I think it'll hold value. But given that this one has had some wear over time, anything major I should look for or be ready to replace?

The drop location under the Pharaoh. It will be wrecked if it's an early model and unaddressed/plated. I am so glad I purchased a late model almost solely due to this.

#10820 2 years ago

Played a few games on IM yesterday then walked away for a couple hours. Came back and started a game and flippers were dead. Cycled machine and they were back.

Anyone else seen this, possibly a new code issue?

#10821 2 years ago

Finally going to address a problem I’ve ignored for too long.
But need help advice.

When I plunge the ball, it doesn’t go around the orbit anymore. Hits the top flipper and bounces around. Same for when Trooper MB is initiated, the balls don’t loop the jackpot orbit to then lock and release all at once.

I have tried playing around with the plunger power settings before to no avail.

Anyone else have this issue?
Please advise. Thanx.

#10822 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

But need help advice.
When I plunge the ball, it doesn’t go around the orbit anymore. Hits the top flipper and bounces around. Same for when Trooper MB is initiated, the balls don’t loop the jackpot orbit to then lock and release all at once.
Please advise. Thanx.

Both times this has happened to me I have cleaned/waxed my playfield and it solved the issue. Not a guarantee by any means but just wanted to give that anecdote in case it's been a minute since you've done the same.

#10823 2 years ago

Actually. It’s time for a good cleaning and waxing.
I will give it a shot.
Thank you.

#10824 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

But need help advice.
Please advise. Thanx.

I was really helped by an advice earlier in this thread. The metal guide under the upper right flipper gets hit by the balls and there may be an edge after a while. Use a file to remove it. It helped me and the plunge is now 100% accurate.

#10825 2 years ago

Here is my pro very happy with it so far

FD7B6F1F-A815-43FB-B5DA-6B1D8B7D1766 (resized).jpegFD7B6F1F-A815-43FB-B5DA-6B1D8B7D1766 (resized).jpeg6EFC6911-4C5C-44CC-9CB6-48AF6EAE8999 (resized).jpeg6EFC6911-4C5C-44CC-9CB6-48AF6EAE8999 (resized).jpeg
#10826 2 years ago
Quoted from Bulskis9298:

Here is my pro very happy with it so far

Awesome KISS stuff I see!

#10827 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

But need help advice.
Please advise. Thanx.

I started having this issue after changing rubbers. I ended up getting thinnest runber set i could which somewhat helped. What really helped was re aligning that flipper just the slightest amount to give the ball more room to get through there.

#10828 2 years ago

Hi ,
Could it get worse ? It’s not a chip behind the rail and not a bubble . It seems like there is too less clearcoat . Anyone knows what to do ?
Thanks.
Max

35179A6B-3C30-4AF4-B8B3-3B16B387B9E5 (resized).jpeg35179A6B-3C30-4AF4-B8B3-3B16B387B9E5 (resized).jpeg542208A2-E541-43F3-8C43-17D96F65426D (resized).jpeg542208A2-E541-43F3-8C43-17D96F65426D (resized).jpeg8DD0B995-ECAB-45D7-AF5B-4007ACBDD22B (resized).jpeg8DD0B995-ECAB-45D7-AF5B-4007ACBDD22B (resized).jpeg9362FD33-6216-489E-BDF0-7E406D499A2D (resized).jpeg9362FD33-6216-489E-BDF0-7E406D499A2D (resized).jpegEF0723D4-8ACE-49A0-9F4C-9420429C87F5 (resized).jpegEF0723D4-8ACE-49A0-9F4C-9420429C87F5 (resized).jpegF1FF6BAD-5F3E-416A-9F69-2289FB8921D0 (resized).jpegF1FF6BAD-5F3E-416A-9F69-2289FB8921D0 (resized).jpegFEFD5D14-EFEC-46CD-848A-E3FCAF49B871 (resized).jpegFEFD5D14-EFEC-46CD-848A-E3FCAF49B871 (resized).jpeg
#10829 2 years ago
Quoted from max_pinball:

Hi ,
Could it get worse ? It’s not a chip behind the rail and not a bubble . It seems like there is too less clearcoat . Anyone knows what to do ?
Thanks.
Max
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

pull that rail out and put a washer under it (between rail and playfield) would be a good first step to prevent further damage.

#10830 2 years ago
Quoted from STVPIN:

Do the new ones come with the round or pencil post under the Newton balls? I’ve struggled with both of mine. LE came with the rounded posts, I replaced with pencil, and they work better although sometimes the pencil gets too far and goes of the spoon and gets stuck off center.

#10831 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Do the new ones come with the round or pencil post under the Newton balls? I’ve struggled with both of mine. LE came with the rounded posts, I replaced with pencil, and they work better although sometimes the pencil gets too far and goes of the spoon and gets stuck off center.

Mine from Dec 2021 had the pencil shaped. And yeah, sometimes they get stuck. Not looking forward to maintaining these, we'll see how it goes.

#10832 2 years ago

very common on short rails. a washer solves it. If you find there is fine dust around the post, the washer will stop any wear. Regardless, if there is no art, it will eventually stop. New sterns are much better with these issues than 2020 and prior. They have redesigned most of the ball guides in most games.

#10833 2 years ago

Thanks for the response . Installing a washer seems more difficult than I thought because the rail goes around the whole orbit

#10834 2 years ago

You probably do not need to remove the entire rail. Remove the nut on the first post tor three and then loosen some the next few, you should be able to lift the post enough to place a washer.

I did this on my LZ, remove the first post nut and then work your way back until you get enough clearance on the first post.

#10835 2 years ago

there is an user that 3d printed horse shoe type washers but round, so you don't need to remove anything just loose it up, slide it in, tight down.

#10836 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

there is an user that 3d printed horse shoe type washers but round, so you don't need to remove anything just loose it up, slide it in, tight down.

Don't really need to print anything.... Just go to the hardware store and pick up some nylon washers (and cut a slot so you can insert them).

#10837 2 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Don't really need to print anything.... Just go to the hardware store and pick up some nylon washers (and cut a slot so you can insert them).

Yeah that too, but find the nylon ones too thick.

#10838 2 years ago

Yeah that too, but find the nylon ones too thick.

Surprisingly, Home Depot actually has a decent selection of nylon washers. The ones I bought were around 1.5mm thick.

#10839 2 years ago

https://www.tinkercad.com/things/07xGOdo9scD

If someone wants to print... You have to push a little and it will snap in. Petg holds up quite well. Print in high quality because it's just a very small part. Don't overtighten.

#10840 2 years ago

Looks like this...

IMG_20210226_173646 (resized).jpgIMG_20210226_173646 (resized).jpg
#10841 2 years ago
Quoted from TrekTobbyGermany:

https://www.tinkercad.com/things/07xGOdo9scD
If someone wants to print... You have to push a little and it will snap in. Petg holds up quite well. Print in high quality because it's just a very small part. Don't overtighten.

Brilliant! Can be color coded, love it.

#10842 2 years ago

Has there been any discussion for the Expression Lighting kits being added to older games? Would love to have them in my IMDN.

#10843 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

But need help advice.
Please advise. Thanx.

Change out the coil sleeves ,Clean ,wax and level .

#10844 2 years ago

The first game I have 2 miss I change the sleeves and clean .Works every time then about 200 plays rinse and repeat .

#10845 2 years ago

I just got my new wireforms in the mail, so anyone who is waiting on a backordered warranty replacement might see them soon.

#10846 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Has there been any discussion for the Expression Lighting kits being added to older games? Would love to have them in my IMDN.

There are actual cabinet differences to accommodate the expression kit so unless they decide to significantly revise future runs it doesn’t seem likely.

#10847 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

I just got my new wireforms in the mail, so anyone who is waiting on a backordered warranty replacement might see them soon.

great news, hope it all gets sorted out with these now! lets us know

#10848 2 years ago

Does anyone know if stern is gonna make more maiden premiums. Considering trading my elvira for one but worried they will just keep making them.

#10849 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Does anyone know if stern is gonna make more maiden premiums. Considering trading my elvira for one but worried they will just keep making them.

I’m sure Stern will make both Elvira and Maiden as long as there is demand and they have the license… and then they can always make vaults down the road too.

Personally I think Maiden is a MUCH better game… but Elvira is harder to get your hands on and probably more “valuable” at this point.

#10850 2 years ago

Easy install on the premium. Unlocked a few achievements so far. I’m enjoying it. Looking forward to what they add down the road.

08D4EE00-386B-4A9D-8397-AED0AC03FE22 (resized).jpeg08D4EE00-386B-4A9D-8397-AED0AC03FE22 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.00
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 217 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/217 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.