(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,827 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 minutes ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6818 (resized).png
IMG_6737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6730 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6733 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240416_160659390.MP (resized).jpg
25d6415bd4f5ee62b5604e3e73d30ef0bdc2c8d0 (resized).jpg
72038EF4-8215-4C19-B733-688FFB33D320 (resized).jpeg
8820CDAA-4B0B-4D67-844D-8D3197E44344 (resized).jpeg
B267A7B9-3222-426E-B14A-09BCED66716E (resized).jpeg
EEEBA8AA-85EA-4EBE-9123-16F1A419FDC4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6704 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8444 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,827 posts in this topic. You are on page 216 of 317.
#10751 2 years ago

In the sarcophagus…i tilted the machine up so the ball rolled back just a tad and it was able to locate it. I’m didn’t look into it further because I had to leave shortly after but my guess is possibly the opto or switch (not sure what is in there) might be able to be adjusted slightly forward???

#10752 2 years ago

I have not had an issue with the sarcophagus, but occasionally I have that happen with the underworld. I would guess the micro switch.

#10753 2 years ago
Quoted from mikehoss1414:

In the sarcophagus…i tilted the machine up so the ball rolled back just a tad and it was able to locate it. I’m didn’t look into it further because I had to leave shortly after but my guess is possibly the opto or switch (not sure what is in there) might be able to be adjusted slightly forward???

Sounds like the switch might need a small adjustment - bit of a pain with it being in the sarcophagus. I haven't had to take that apart yet, but I assume its one of the more complicated bits.

I still have 2 minor issues I haven't resolved yet:

1) Balls not registering in the underworld - I shoot under the ramp and the game just pauses, eventually goes into ball search and then kicks the ball back out. The switch arm under there is tiny, I'm sure the ball just doesn't press it all the way down sometimes depending on how it rolls into the scoop/saucer.

2) Ball keeps getting stuck in the upper loop behind the ramp when it is open.

Minor problems aside - this game is just incredible! Those of you getting this delivered, you are really in for a treat.

#10754 2 years ago

Since putting a Insider Connect kit in my Maiden last week all my other pins have been getting neglected, even the new Godzilla next to it.

The rules in this game are so damn good and even after having had it for 3 years now, I am nowhere close to beating it.

#10755 2 years ago

Here are the Wizard mod side thingies. My first installation. The material is nicely thick but malleable so it's forgiving. About $90.

Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Sounds like the switch might need a small adjustment - bit of a pain with it being in the sarcophagus. I haven't had to take that apart yet, but I assume its one of the more complicated bits.
1) Balls not registering in the underworld - I shoot under the ramp and the game just pauses, eventually goes into ball search and then kicks the ball back out. The switch arm under there is tiny, I'm sure the ball just doesn't press it all the way down sometimes depending on how it rolls into the scoop/saucer.
Minor problems aside - this game is just incredible! Those of you getting this delivered, you are really in for a treat.

My IM underworld switch was loose where it was mounted from the factory causing a similar problem but you probably have to adjust the switch.
I had to remove my ramp and bend it a bit to stop ball hangups behind it.

PXL_20220128_151343574 (resized).jpgPXL_20220128_151343574 (resized).jpgPXL_20220128_151247380 (resized).jpgPXL_20220128_151247380 (resized).jpgPXL_20220128_151338390 (resized).jpgPXL_20220128_151338390 (resized).jpg
#10756 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

1) The ball gets stuck on the corner in the underworld. Try to bent the metal parts carefully. Worked for me, no issues any more.

#10757 2 years ago

They look great.
Waiting for my wiz mods to arrive (in mail)

Easy straightforward install?

Quoted from wtatumjr:

Here are the Wizard mod side thingies. My first installation. The material is nicely thick but malleable so it's forgiving. About $90.

My IM underworld switch was loose where it was mounted from the factory causing a similar problem but you probably have to adjust the switch.
I had to remove my ramp and bend it a bit to stop ball hangups behind it.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#10758 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

They look great.
Waiting for my wiz mods to arrive (in mail)
Easy straightforward install?

It's not too difficult. I used my hands and a dull putty knife. If you make a mistake you can peel it back off and reposition.

#10759 2 years ago

Anyone instal the the mezel mods shooter lane protector? I am having an issue with the switch not registering with it installed and do not see a way to adjust the switch like in the self help video due to its style. Also have 2 extra pieces with tape on them with not idea where they go.

#10760 2 years ago

I've got Pro and finally got it dialed in based on the advice in this thread - the autolauncher and lane guide adjustments made have it working near perfect. Only issue I have now is a decent amount of airballs flying off the right ramp rails...any advice for getting it to settle in more? They almost always result in a drain as it bounces over the flippers.

#10761 2 years ago
Quoted from YoJoeNCSU:

I've got Pro and finally got it dialed in based on the advice in this thread - the autolauncher and lane guide adjustments made have it working near perfect. Only issue I have now is a decent amount of airballs flying off the right ramp rails...any advice for getting it to settle in more? They almost always result in a drain as it bounces over the flippers.

I have the same issue, my ramp has a incline in it causing this, I contacted Stern and they are sending me a new ramp.

E3519C07-CD3D-4D7B-97C3-E0D3B5E3879A (resized).jpegE3519C07-CD3D-4D7B-97C3-E0D3B5E3879A (resized).jpeg
#10762 2 years ago

Finally made it to the billionaire club

20220128_181929 (resized).jpg20220128_181929 (resized).jpg
#10763 2 years ago
Quoted from RazorV23:

I have the same issue, my ramp has a incline in it causing this, I contacted Stern and they are sending me a new ramp. [quoted image]

Did they give you any indication of when you might get it? They told me they would send me a new one back in November or October and it's been back ordered ever since.

#10764 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

Did they give you any indication of when you might get it? They told me they would send me a new one back in November or October and it's been back ordered ever since.

Stern can be really slow, i waited for some replacement part almost 2years for my maiden. "Backordered parts", but they made three or four reruns of maiden while I waited.

#10765 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

No they didn’t

#10766 2 years ago
Quoted from stavio:

Finally made it to the billionaire club
[quoted image]

Nice score, you guys must be good players. I struggle to break 200 million. Once the ball hits the slings it’s game over to the left outlane.

#10767 2 years ago
Quoted from OCP2:

Once the ball hits the slings it’s game over to the left outlane.

Just short plunge over to that left outlane.
Super secret Skills shot!!

#10768 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Just short plunge over to that left outlane.
Super secret Skills shot!!

I love that shot at 20mil a pop. I wish Simpsons had that shot.

Quoted from OCP2:

Nice score, you guys must be good players. I struggle to break 200 million. Once the ball hits the slings it’s game over to the left outlane.

Thanks. I just got a lucky game. It was the 4th time I got to Two Minutes to Midnight but this time I didn't choke and finally got rid of the factory initials. Still have to get Number of the Beast and Run to the Hills

#10769 2 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Anyone instal the the mezel mods shooter lane protector? I am having an issue with the switch not registering with it installed and do not see a way to adjust the switch like in the self help video due to its style. Also have 2 extra pieces with tape on them with not idea where they go.

I had the same issue. Didn’t like the thing so I removed it, added some Mylar and reduced coil power. Should’ve done that first and saved myself some time and money.

#10770 2 years ago

Just picked up a Maiden Prem and joined the club and thats rad , what isnt rad i noticed a few things A: there is not door jam that turns off the power. is that normal for this game? every other stern has one. Also the start button I cant seem to get it to work. changed bulb etc nothing. Finally the ball keeps getting lost up in the tomb lock and its driving me crazy, any fixes for that.

#10771 2 years ago

Finally joined the billion club tonight!

21BC81D2-85DC-40E2-BBFB-5FCCA8CD924D (resized).jpeg21BC81D2-85DC-40E2-BBFB-5FCCA8CD924D (resized).jpeg
#10772 2 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

Just picked up a Maiden Prem and joined the club and thats rad , what isnt rad i noticed a few things A: there is not door jam that turns off the power. is that normal for this game? every other stern has one. Also the start button I cant seem to get it to work. changed bulb etc nothing. Finally the ball keeps getting lost up in the tomb lock and its driving me crazy, any fixes for that.

I remember when I had my premium, and noticed issues with the sarcophagus lock mech registering balls... Very frustrating.
But there is a fix.
I recommend doing a forum search on this issue, which will bring about several posts, and also a separate maiden issues thread, on the matter and you will be able to read through those issues and I'm sure they will sound familiar to the experience you're having.

In brief, while there's little things you can do, the ultimate durable fix is going to be loosening the sarcophagus lock mechanism (such that you can access the switches underneath the playfield at the mech) and changing out the two stock micro switches in there to micro roller ball switches (easily obtainable at Marco).
Out of interest, utilizing micro roller ball switches at the sarcophagus mech was how the game was originally designed, but at production they opted on standard stock micro switches at that mech, most likely because it saved them a couple hundred bucks at the end of the production line.

While not occurring on everyone's game, the gist is that those standard micro switches get bent after a period of time in that mech and ultimately don't reliably register. I think it must have to do with something in the dynamics of the moving mechanism, it's resting angle and the weight and motion of the steel balls constantly rolling over them.
Once you change out to the roller ball micro switches, my guess is that the sarcophagus mech problems you have been experiencing will cease to exist.

Btw, I also don't have the power switch you speak of inside my current IMDN Pro.

As far as the start button, are you saying that it doesn't light up, but starts a game once you press it? If it is the ladder, take a look on the inside and make sure that the previous owner didn't splice into power from the wires at the start button. I know there are a few mods out there that have been utilizing that source (for example, that very cool mod from Yoyokopter, the T-Rex alive mod, utilizes power from that area).

Hope the above helps.

#10773 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I remember when I had my premium, and noticed issues with the sarcophagus lock mech registering balls... Very frustrating.
But there is a fix.
I recommend doing a forum search on this issue, which will bring about several posts, and also a separate maiden issues thread, on the matter and you will be able to read through those issues and I'm sure they will sound familiar to the experience you're having.
In brief, while there's little things you can do, the ultimate durable fix is going to be loosening the sarcophagus lock mechanism (such that you can access the switches underneath the playfield at the mech) and changing out the two stock micro switches in there to micro roller ball switches (easily obtainable at Marco).
Out of interest, utilizing micro roller ball switches at the sarcophagus mech was how the game was originally designed, but at production they opted on standard stock micro switches at that mech, most likely because it saved them a couple hundred bucks at the end of the production line.
While not occurring on everyone's game, the gist is that those standard micro switches get bent after a period of time in that mech and ultimately don't reliably register. I think it must have to do with something in the dynamics of the moving mechanism, it's resting angle and the weight and motion of the steel balls constantly rolling over them.
Once you change out to the roller ball micro switches, my guess is that the sarcophagus mech problems you have been experiencing will cease to exist.

I changed out to roller switches and have never had the problem again.

#10774 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Finally joined the billion club tonight!
[quoted image]

What mode did you score the most points on? I still cant come close to a billion.

#10775 2 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

Congrats man! You don't know how many times I hovered over the PM user button on your ad for the trade.

#10776 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

But there is a fix.
Btw, I also don't have the power switch you speak of inside my current IMDN Pro.
As far as the start button, are you saying that it doesn't light up, but starts a game once you press it? If it is the ladder, take a look on the inside and make sure that the previous owner didn't splice into power from the wires at the start button. I know there are a few mods out there that have been utilizing that source (for example, that very cool mod from Yoyokopter, the T-Rex alive mod, utilizes power from that area).
Hope the above helps.

thank you so much . is this the correct part? https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/180-5119-02

#10777 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

What mode did you score the most points on? I still cant come close to a billion.

Hard to say, honestly. As I focus more on improving my play, I am thinking of recording my games so I can go back and review good games to see what went well, and what didn't.

I did have 3x scoring going into Trooper multi-ball and did quite well; also had 3x going into Cyborg that got me quite a few points. Completed 2 or 3 of the modes (w/ soul shards collected). Failed miserably at Can I Play With Madness and 2 Minutes to Midnight. Ended up with 3 Eddie cards (missing Mummy).

I noticed that most of my multi-balls lasted longer than usual. I'm really trying to focus on controlled multi-ball play but I'm absolutely horrible at it.

#10778 2 years ago

I am thinking of recording my games so I can go back and review good games to see what went well, and what didn't.

I honestly believe this is the key for me as well. I've gotten fairly good at this game and can routinely score in the 700-800M and have put up a 1.1B game but can't seem to break past that barrier. To be fair, a month ago it was the 400-500 range so I guess I'm slowly creeping up but I think actually knowing where my points are coming from might be best.

#10779 2 years ago

Hard to say, honestly. As I focus more on improving my play, I am thinking of recording my games so I can go back and review good games to see what went well, and what didn't.
I did have 3x scoring going into Trooper multi-ball and did quite well; also had 3x going into Cyborg that got me quite a few points. Completed 2 or 3 of the modes (w/ soul shards collected). Failed miserably at Can I Play With Madness and 2 Minutes to Midnight. Ended up with 3 Eddie cards (missing Mummy).
I noticed that most of my multi-balls lasted longer than usual. I'm really trying to focus on controlled multi-ball play but I'm absolutely horrible at it.

I've had the game since Sept, can only collect 2 cards at most. The top flippers always screw me up during mutil-ball. I'm not anywhere skilled enough to pay attention to all the flippers and shots yet.

#10780 2 years ago

I’m still confused about Mummy Card.
I have managed to collect the other 3.
How exactly do you get the Mummy card? Seems to allude me

This game is impossible. Hard.
I love it. Can’t stop Playing. My fav pin.

#10781 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

I’m still confused about Mummy Card.
I have managed to collect the other 3.
How exactly do you get the Mummy card? Seems to allude me
This game is impossible. Hard.
I love it. Can’t stop Playing. My fav pin.

It's switch hits. I think it begins at 10, then increments by 10 each time you collect the jackpot at the captive ball. The key here is the spinner since each spin is a hit. After 5 you hit the center ramp for your Super. After that it begins again but you must hit the "roaming" MUMMY letter correctly and once spelled you collect your level 2 card.

#10782 2 years ago

Mummy is pretty easy when you reduce it to "rip spinner til captive ball flashing, hit captive ball, repeat 4 more times." Finish off at the bullseye target for the 1st level card.

#10783 2 years ago

Thank you. Will try tonight.
I appreciate the replies.

Quoted from metallik:

Mummy is pretty easy when you reduce it to "rip spinner til captive ball flashing, hit captive ball, repeat 4 more times." Finish off at the bullseye target for the 1st level card.

#10784 2 years ago

No problem, and while it's a minor PIA, that should fix you up...and yep, that's the switch you're looking for.

#10785 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I've had a few billion point+ games, and each time I had an absolutely killer Cyborg multiball - you'll know because you will reach cyborg level 2 and above.

It helps when you are not just smacking the ball around randomly - during Cyborg MB, just like getting to the MB itself - you have to shoot pops, ramps, targets, orbits and spinners to qualify for jackpots at the captive ball. Look at the flashing triangles to see which ones you are missing for the jackpots (it's usually ramps last for me) and try to concentrate on those.

#10786 2 years ago

So just did this but figured I'd post to see if anyone else has done this or not.

The main up post on the pro, next to the mummy. That up post has a possible rubber sleeve for the post

I got ocd when it comes to my pins and I noticed sometimes the ball wouldn't go down the left guard like I would think it's suppose to after the post releases it. It sometimes would drop from the post and not hug that guard.

Inspected the post sleeve, seemed to have some wear at the top, took it off and replaced with a spare titan tapered post sleeve.

Didn't change the outcome of the ball not hugging that wall but maybe I'm just crazy obsessive and the ball will fall the way it wants to fall.

#10787 2 years ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

So just did this but figured I'd post to see if anyone else has done this or not.
The main up post on the pro, next to the mummy. That up post has a possible rubber sleeve for the post
I got ocd when it comes to my pins and I noticed sometimes the ball wouldn't go down the left guard like I would think it's suppose to after the post releases it. It sometimes would drop from the post and not hug that guard.
Inspected the post sleeve, seemed to have some wear at the top, took it off and replaced with a spare titan tapered post sleeve.
Didn't change the outcome of the ball not hugging that wall but maybe I'm just crazy obsessive and the ball will fall the way it wants to fall.

Mine seems to fall down toward the lower right flipper in varying ways where I either need to drop catch it or just hold the flipper up and have it bounce to the left.

#10788 2 years ago

My 2 best games to record were also Cyborg Level2

Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I've had a few billion point+ games, and each time I had an absolutely killer Cyborg multiball - you'll know because you will reach cyborg level 2 and above.
It helps when you are not just smacking the ball around randomly - during Cyborg MB, just like getting to the MB itself - you have to shoot pops, ramps, targets, orbits and spinners to qualify for jackpots at the captive ball. Look at the flashing triangles to see which ones you are missing for the jackpots (it's usually ramps last for me) and try to concentrate on those.

#10789 2 years ago

Anyone ever seen decals for Maiden to cover the seizure warning on apron?
Thnx

#10790 2 years ago
Quoted from Biju:

I honestly believe this is the key for me as well. I've gotten fairly good at this game and can routinely score in the 700-800M and have put up a 1.1B game but can't seem to break past that barrier. To be fair, a month ago it was the 400-500 range so I guess I'm slowly creeping up but I think actually knowing where my points are coming from might be best.

Once you get it, you will fly past it. In this game I even only had 6 tomb treasures too. There are lots of points to be had almost everywhere with multipliers running with modes and MBs. One thing that disappointed me is that if you get to 2 Minutes To Midnight twice in the same game, the mode values don't carry over from the first time through. IMO they should stack the values from the first and second times through to make the shots really valuable.

PXL_20220129_054104919 (resized).jpgPXL_20220129_054104919 (resized).jpg
#10791 2 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

if you get to 2 Minutes To Midnight twice in the same game

That's so far beyond my skill level it's hilarious. Getting there just once for me is a very significant moment. I guess I won't be getting to 2 billion any time soon!

#10792 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Anyone ever seen decals for Maiden to cover the seizure warning on apron?
Thnx

You can get an apron cover from Wizard mods. Premium shown, before and after.

PXL_20211204_192424206 (resized).jpgPXL_20211204_192424206 (resized).jpgPXL_20211204_192947503 (resized).jpgPXL_20211204_192947503 (resized).jpg
#10793 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

You can get an apron cover from Wizard mods. Premium shown, before and after.[quoted image][quoted image]

Im ordering the Stern Connect for my Maiden I wonder how this will look with that hooked up.

#10794 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Im ordering the Stern Connect for my Maiden I wonder how this will look with that hooked up.

I'd wait for Wizard to come out with a Connect IMDN apron.
Otherwise you'd have to make a cut out.

#10795 2 years ago

I see Wizard already has a cut out version for Premium/LE.

#10796 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I see Wizard already has a cut out version for Premium/LE.

Just saw it! Excellent!!!!

#10797 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

My 2 best games to record were also Cyborg Level2

"Lowest final score that includes a level 2 cyborg card" seems like an interesting objective. The lowest score I've ever had just qualifying the mode was around 200 mil.

#10798 2 years ago

Ordered my IC for my Pre today. Lets see what all the hub bub is about. The nephews are psyched about it.

#10799 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Ordered my IC for my Pre today. Lets see what all the hub bub is about. The nephews are psyched about it.

Where did you order it from? (if you don't mind me asking)

#10800 2 years ago
Quoted from Biju:

Where did you order it from? (if you don't mind me asking)

https://www.thepinballcompany.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQiA9OiPBhCOARIsAI0y71CqhnYVjGbFpYaD3xpba7wDy1RBa4k07nC4B9PF26naIRJP_VYjBNMaAuVfEALw_wcB

I bought 2 machines from them, they contacted me they had some IC's available. So I bought one. Really friendly people there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 24.50
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

There are 15,827 posts in this topic. You are on page 216 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/216 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.