(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,838 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 hours ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 215 of 317.
#10701 2 years ago
Quoted from RazorV23:

I tried to upload in slo-mo but YouTube changed it back to reg speed. See post #10694 for more info.

It's either hitting a crossmember which can be filed down, or there is too much gap on the bend which lets it bounce around and fly out. This was my solution until Stern sends me the backordered replacements. I haven't had a single air ball since adding the foam.

PXL_20211214_001322307 (resized).jpgPXL_20211214_001322307 (resized).jpg

#10702 2 years ago

Can anyone recommend a good rule sheet for this game? I have owned it for a while now but I just want to get more details on the rules. Thanks

#10703 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeSinMD:

Can anyone recommend a good rule sheet for this game? I have owned it for a while now but I just want to get more details on the rules. Thanks

http://tiltforums.com/t/iron-maiden-pinball-rulesheet/3787

This one seems accurate.

#10704 2 years ago

Separate from those, if you have additional questions you can feel free to DM me (or ask here if it isn't going to bother everyone else). I'm not saying I'm amazing at the game but I do understand the rules 100%. I also have youtube videos with specific timestamps for every mode available (across various players). When I first received the game I really wanted to understand it; now it's all about execution (or my lack of it).

#10705 2 years ago
Quoted from Biju:

Separate from those, if you have additional questions you can feel free to DM me (or ask here if it isn't going to bother everyone else). I'm not saying I'm amazing at the game but I do understand the rules 100%. I also have youtube videos with specific timestamps for every mode available (across various players). When I first received the game I really wanted to understand it; now it's all about execution (or my lack of it).

Is there anything major you can think of that's not in the list on the Tilt forums? I referred to it a bunch when I was learning the rules and at the time as best I could tell it was complete. The only thing I noticed in a quick read just now that is incorrect/missing is CIPWM is now available on the pro if it has IC installed, but that's obviously a recent addition in the 1.10 code.

Quoted from MikeSinMD:

In addition to the tilt list which is pretty close to exhaustive, I keep a printed copy of the "backstage pass" direct from stern's website w/ the machine to give guests a way to get up to speed on the major objectives and rules that doesn't make their head explode.

#10706 2 years ago

I just played my IM after a few weeks of neglecting it (got other gems in here at the moment but they are just passing by) and I can't say without a doubt that this is the most fun packed pin I have ever played. Just incredible, even if you hate IM, the pin is so good.
I typically get bored of games after 500 games, like really bored... IM keeps me coming back.

what a great game!

#10707 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I just played my IM after a few weeks of neglecting it (got other gems in here at the moment but they are just passing by) and I can't say without a doubt that this is the most fun packed pin I have ever played. Just incredible, even if you hate IM, the pin is so good.
I typically get bored of games after 500 games, like really bored... IM keeps me coming back.
what a great game!

Every few hundred games I go out to a location an pack in 20-30 games on other machines just to shake things up.

Then I go home an play a few hundred more. It's absurd how good this thing is.

#10708 2 years ago
Quoted from craif:

Is there anything major you can think of that's not in the list on the Tilt forums? I referred to it a bunch when I was learning the rules and at the time as best I could tell it was complete. The only thing I noticed in a quick read just now that is incorrect/missing is CIPWM is now available on the pro if it has IC installed, but that's obviously a recent addition in the 1.10 code.

Good question. I don't think there's anything I know of that isn't within those rules but I do think there is very specific strategy they don't discuss for each of the modes and then additionally for the Eddie Cards and MBs.

My strategy for the Eddie Cards is to hammer through the Trooper and Mummy multiballs. As long as I can keep things going for a bit that typically lends itself to the Cyborg card and hopefully that's three Cards and an EB. Then it's all about just getting through the modes. Since I'm only 50% on soul shards for the modes I tend to avoid trying too hard on the one that are drains for me (HBTN) and I've only beaten ROTAM a few times so I'm ok losing out on that one. I am a fan of working the tomb treasures so I also get the loop jackpots.

#10709 2 years ago
Quoted from Biju:

I am a fan of working the tomb treasures so I also get the loop jackpots.

I never assumed you could get more than one tomb treasure with multiple loop jackpots, is this what you're saying is possible?

#10710 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I never assumed you could get more than one tomb treasure with multiple loop jackpots, is this what you're saying is possible?

No, only one is available. I just use the loop as a bailout when I need extra orbits and tend to get more than one loop jackpot per game. Sorry for the confusion.

edit: clarification

#10711 2 years ago

I want to get some plastic protectors for my IM, can you guys recommend some good ones? Has anyone installed these? https://mezelmods.com/products/clip-protector-set-iron-maiden-premium-le-2?bis_id=GdJnlmw&utm_campaign=stock-notification&utm_content=CLiP%20Protector%20Set-%20Iron%20Maiden%20Pinball&utm_medium=email&utm_source=back-in-stock&variant=32587073552481 I like the florescent yellow, and it seems like a complete set. I'm open for suggestions. Thanks .

#10712 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead1550:

I want to get some plastic protectors for my IM, can you guys recommend some good ones? Has anyone installed these? https://mezelmods.com/products/clip-protector-set-iron-maiden-premium-le-2?bis_id=GdJnlmw&utm_campaign=stock-notification&utm_content=CLiP%20Protector%20Set-%20Iron%20Maiden%20Pinball&utm_medium=email&utm_source=back-in-stock&variant=32587073552481 I like the florescent yellow, and it seems like a complete set. I'm open for suggestions. Thanks .

I installed the one from PBL:

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0072-00

it doesn't cover anywhere near as much as the Mezel Mods one does but it does take care of the ones that receive the most actual airballs for 1/10th of the price.

#10713 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead1550:

I would not recommend these: https://www.truecolorprotectors.com/products/iron-maiden-truecolor-plastic-protectors
Previous owner of my game had put these on. It didn't take long of the slingshot ones to break. Go for the simple/functional ones from PBL for real protection on the plastics that need it. The others (like pop bumpers, etc.) don't really matter since they're unlikely to take hits, so if you want the fluorescent edge look those are fine.

#10714 2 years ago

I am at almost 1000 games played and do not see the need for plastic protectors.
Where are the issues exactly? maybe I will see them later ?

#10715 2 years ago

I am at almost 1000 games played and do not see the need for plastic protectors.

+1 to this.
I'm over 2000 on my machine and the only cracked plastic is from an overtightened screw. Even the back board around the pharoah, which gets slammed pretty regularly, looks great still.

I'd rather spend the money on another set of plastics than protectors. Mine came with a bunch, but not everything.

#10716 2 years ago

Plastic protectors are much more practical on older games where the screened plastics are no longer available (or the repros you just bought are expensive and you want to keep them protected).
Slingshot plastics and plastics around stand-ups and drop targets are the ones that are usually in danger. I don't think this game has any particular weak points.
Some people just like the fluorescent protectors for the edge lighting effect. It does look cool in some places.

#10717 2 years ago

Some (not all) of them disperse the gi lighting nicely. Brightens up the flipper area.

#10718 2 years ago

The way Stern designs games of late.. they just aren't as commonly needed. You basically have to worry about spots where the ball will jump up and hit the plastic (typically around rings, or plastics over targets) or where the ball will fall/drop and hit stuff.

The slingshots are the most common, but stern puts washers there by default now which helps a bit. The drop targets would be the only area really on Maiden that is a concern, but the plastic must be far enough back it hasn't proven to be an issue.

#10719 2 years ago

what a great game!

If you like Iron Man that much (and I agree!), you should try Iron Maiden!

#10720 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

If you like Iron Man that much (and I agree!), you should try Iron Maiden!

lol, ok, I will work in the pin acronyms... I also want to play IM, looks good. Have not played it yet.

#10721 2 years ago

lol, ok, I will work in the pin acronyms... I also want to play IM, looks good. Have not played it yet.

Not to dissuade you, but I found that pin unbearable. It's a North/South shooter and once you get going side to side at all you'll drain. Maybe it's just not my type of shots but I really don't understand why anyone would play it. As always IMO--I'm sure someone loves this game.

#10722 2 years ago
Quoted from Biju:

Not to dissuade you, but I found that pin unbearable. It's a North/South shooter and once you get going side to side at all you'll drain. Maybe it's just not my type of shots but I really don't understand why anyone would play it. As always IMO--I'm sure someone loves this game.

I know someone who owns one and has commented on how brutal it is.

#10723 2 years ago

Thanks guys, on the replies about the plastic protectors, I appreciate it!

#10724 2 years ago
Quoted from Biju:

I owned one for years. Fast, sometimes brutal, but some of the best flow ever. Also has some of the most intense moments in all of pinball. Do or die with a sub and the sound cranked is beyond epic. Great game.

#10725 2 years ago

is it based on Robert D jr movies? lol, talk about derailing the Iron Maiden thread...
anyway

#10726 2 years ago

is it based on Robert D jr movies?

Yes. If it were Black Sabbath I'd probably shut up and learn to play it better instead of avoid it.

#10727 2 years ago
Quoted from Biju:

Yes. If it were Black Sabbath I'd probably shut up and learn to play it better instead of avoid it.

Some loaded it with AC/DC, probably could sub some Sabbath too.
I wouldn’t mind having Iron Man back next to Maiden any day of the week. Great pin.

#10728 2 years ago
Quoted from Biju:

No, only one is available. I just use the loop as a bailout when I need extra orbits and tend to get more than one loop jackpot per game. Sorry for the confusion.
edit: clarification

30 loops does get you an extra ball light though, it’s definitely worth getting good at the upper Loop And I like to pound on it whenever I start mummy or trooper with Shoot again flashing or one ball trapped in the other free to swing through the loop

#10729 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

30 loops does get you an extra ball light though, it’s definitely worth getting good at the upper Loop And I like to pound on it whenever I start mummy or trooper with Shoot again flashing or one ball trapped in the other free to swing through the loop

getting loops is the such a sweet shot on this game!

#10730 2 years ago

I figured it was better than looking at plastic! Fits nice and pointed the spotlight near CyberEddie right at him/her/it.

IMG_4827 (resized).jpgIMG_4827 (resized).jpg

IMG_4826 (resized).jpgIMG_4826 (resized).jpg

#10731 2 years ago

I took your guys advice about playing other games to get out of a rut. Here in Canada that's not so easy with things still locked down though so I bought another pin that is pretty much the opposite of Maiden.

It actually worked too, I just got my best score of 450 million and was able to bring a 3x into hallowed be thy name Mummy Multiball. Felt great and now after playing Tee'd Off a bunch I really appreciate just how amazing of a table Maiden is.

PXL_20220120_021453643 (resized).jpgPXL_20220120_021453643 (resized).jpg
#10732 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

I took your guys advice about playing other games to get out of a rut. Here in Canada that's not so easy with things still locked down though so I bought another pin that is pretty much the opposite of Maiden.
It actually worked too, I just got my best score of 450 million and was able to bring a 3x into hallowed be thy name Mummy Multiball. Felt great and now after playing Tee'd Off a bunch I really appreciate just how amazing of a table Maiden is.[quoted image]

Yes, it works! I think it is because we start repeati by the same mistakes without thinking.
Going from a 90s to maiden is gonna be eye opener! Lol

#10733 2 years ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

I figured it was better than looking at plastic! Fits nice and pointed the spotlight near CyberEddie right at him/her/it.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Love that mummy. Can you share where you found it?

#10734 2 years ago
Quoted from tripp:

Love that mummy. Can you share where you found it?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ZMV9BW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o04_s00

Yeah man! It was a bit of a twisted outcome as I originally purchased the Sarcophagus but damn if lock goes deep. Anything over 3" isn't happening, but was surprised when the Mummy looked good and it is of course the 'MUMMY' lock so I didn't feel bad about using the little Mummy inside.

#10735 2 years ago

Here's an Anubis from Amazon. About 5.5 inches long. Pretty cheap.

PXL_20220124_194628327 (resized).jpgPXL_20220124_194628327 (resized).jpg
#10736 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

It actually worked too, I just got my best score of 450 million and was able to bring a 3x into hallowed be thy name Mummy Multiball. Felt great and now after playing Tee'd Off a bunch I really appreciate just how amazing of a table Maiden is.[quoted image]

You crack me up.

I say after just spending another few hours working on the boards for this beat to hell Firepower I picked up to distract myself when Maiden is kicking my ass.

#10737 2 years ago

For those Iron Maiden modders out there...

I added a few items onto the marketplace yesterday. Basically some extras that I had collected while modding out my own IMDN.

I have a new Spawn style Eddie (still in its box), some hieroglyphic side blades (from Tilt Graphics, still in its bag), and some cool hand painted Egyptian/Pharaoh/Anubus figures (from some artists on Etsy).

If there's any interest in any of these items, please feel free to shoot me a PM.
You can see each of these ads on the Iron Maiden marketplace here on Pinside for pics.
Thanks

#10738 2 years ago

I may regrettably be selling my Iron Maiden Pro and the potential new buyer said he doesn't need the Stern shooter rod. Any idea what those go for so I can adjust the price of the game accordingly? I never really see them change hands so I don't know.

#10739 2 years ago

Auto plunge issues. Mine was 100% perfect and then last week I changed the flipper rubbers to titans. No suddenly its like 50% as the plunge hits the tip of the flipper rubber now half the time.

Are the titans thicker or something? Ive tried raising and lowering auto plunger power to no avail.

#10740 2 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I may regrettably be selling my Iron Maiden Pro and the potential new buyer said he doesn't need the Stern shooter rod. Any idea what those go for so I can adjust the price of the game accordingly? I never really see them change hands so I don't know.

There doesn't appear to be any available anywhere, but when there was availability they seemed to be in the $100-120 USD range new.

#10741 2 years ago
Quoted from Biju:

There doesn't appear to be any available anywhere, but when there was availability they seemed to be in the $100-120 USD range new.

Isn’t this the one he’s talking about?
https://shop.sternpinball.com/products/iron-maiden-shooter-knob

#10742 2 years ago

Yes, that's the one. I swear when I looked at Stern's site yesterday they were out of stock, so this helps! Thanks!

#10743 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Auto plunge issues. Mine was 100% perfect and then last week I changed the flipper rubbers to titans. No suddenly its like 50% as the plunge hits the tip of the flipper rubber now half the time.
Are the titans thicker or something? Ive tried raising and lowering auto plunger power to no avail.

You could try these https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=52

They are supposed to be thinner (I haven’t tried them yet).

#10744 2 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Yes, that's the one. I swear when I looked at Stern's site yesterday they were out of stock, so this helps! Thanks!

I've looked at that a few times a month for awhile and it's the first time I've seen it in stock.

#10745 2 years ago
Quoted from aahgo:

You could try these https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=52
They are supposed to be thinner (I haven’t tried them yet).

Yea i just ordered something similar from pinball life

#10746 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Yea i just ordered something similar from pinball life

I have a lightning flipper on my upper right because I had the same problem. When the upper right flipper was up, the plunge was 100% making its way around even with the upper left flipper down. The lightning flipper is still fully able to hit all shots. Just another option.

#10747 2 years ago

I played Iron Maiden pro last weekend for the first time and this machine kicks ass! It’s all I’ve been thinking about all week lol. Still trying to figure out the rules to optimize my score. IM pro is going to be my next pin for sure but it’s not expected to get on the production line till sometime next year. I’ll just have to keep dropping quarters on location to get my fix
Can’t wait to be an official member to the club!

#10748 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Cool - so received the new 8b board (thank you AMD you guys rock) - installed and fixed the issue.
Kind of a bummer in design that one bad LED can take that whole chain down, but hey it's fixed so I'm happy.

Had the same issue, I have just replaced 8b as well and issue is resolved!
Interested to see how often this is occurring.

#10749 2 years ago

In the club….soooooooo pumped

The wife is actually quarantining in my lower level where all my games are, and I couldn’t wait, so threw this one in the living room for now

I have not read through the entire thread or researched much, yet, but I’ve already had the ball “lost” once only in about 25 plays, in the sarcophagus…is this common, and if so, is there a fix/adjustment detailed somewhere?

Thanks!!!

285DD9A6-71E3-46D4-92B3-DFBB075BDD3D (resized).jpeg285DD9A6-71E3-46D4-92B3-DFBB075BDD3D (resized).jpeg
#10750 2 years ago

In the sarcophagus or on top of it? If it was stuck on top, then this is the fix.

https://mezelmods.com/collections/iron-maiden-legacy/products/iron-maiden-prem-le-mummy-ball-deflector

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

There are 15,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 215 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/215?hl=anony and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.