(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,800 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Edster
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8444 (resized).jpeg
IMNewtonBallLeaf01 (resized).jpg
IMG_5677 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5676 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_8416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8418 (resized).jpeg
20240413_163843 (resized).jpg
20240413_143449 (resized).jpg
20240412_190431 (resized).jpg
20240412_190452 (resized).jpg
Polish_20240413_140952356 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,800 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 316.
#10601 2 years ago

PinMonk FYI my premium has a build date of Aug 29th 2021 and I installed your Anubis fairly soon after I received it. It was a little tricky to install, but I have not had any problems with it. Would some photos or video of mine be of any help?

#10602 2 years ago
Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

PinMonk FYI my premium has a build date of Aug 29th 2021 and I installed your Anubis fairly soon after I received it. It was a little tricky to install, but I have not had any problems with it. Would some photos or video of mine be of any help?

Weird. I don't know if someone is assembling the gate wrong at the factory or what, but I've had at least 4 now with problems getting the anubis installed because instead of being flush with the backboard once on the bracket, it's sticking out about 3mm, which isn't enough back for the head to get under the crossmember support for the cabinet. It's very confusing since the install has been flawless since I released it years ago, and then suddenly issues...but not with all machines, just some, apparently.

#10603 2 years ago

I had to omit the stand-offs and installed without issues.

#10604 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:So, it seems like Stern made a running change to both the Pro and Premium parts when they re-ran Iron Maiden in 2021. It's made the 3D Anubis not work as packaged. The Pro is easy to get around - it just needs longer screws from the back side instead of the M-F standoff I have included since the game's release.
However, the Prem is a problem. They moved the bracket about 3mm forward so the ears and head can't get under the cabinet support at the top of the playfield. I can fix the model, but I need someone that has a NEW 2021 version (only) of Iron Maiden Premium willing to test iterations until I can get to a version that will work with the new bracket reality they're using. If someone wants to do it, they'll get a free Anubus 3D model out of it for the tomb. PM me if interested.

My Pre was just from the last run and no issues with my install either.

#10605 2 years ago

I wasn’t very drawn to this pin but I enjoy the other Elwin games so I picked up a pro last week. Damn, this game is great. I have been completely neglecting my other pins. My pinwoofer kit should arrive tomorrow which I’m excited to install.

#10606 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

My Pre was just from the last run and no issues with my install either.

So maybe they reordered some of the parts and they were a slightly different spec, then changed over when the original stock of parts ran out part way through the 2021 run? So weird. Much stranger than I expected.

#10607 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So, it seems like Stern made a running change to both the Pro and Premium parts when they re-ran Iron Maiden in 2021. It's made the 3D Anubis not work as packaged. The Pro is easy to get around - it just needs longer screws from the back side instead of the M-F standoff I have included since the game's release.
However, the Prem is a problem. They moved the bracket about 3mm forward so the ears and head can't get under the cabinet support at the top of the playfield. I can fix the model, but I need someone that has a NEW 2021 version (only) of Iron Maiden Premium willing to test iterations until I can get to a version that will work with the new bracket reality they're using. If someone wants to do it, they'll get a free Anubus 3D model out of it for the tomb. PM me if interested.

My premium was a 2021 build and your Anubis kit worked for me.

#10608 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

My premium was a 2021 build and your Anubis kit worked for me.

What was the month of yours? August? Was there more than one Iron Maiden build in 2021?

#10609 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So maybe they reordered some of the parts and they were a slightly different spec, then changed over when the original stock of parts ran out part way through the 2021 run? So weird. Much stranger than I expected.

We've seen this with other parts like the leg mount brackets and the notorious coil stops that were failing in a super short time. I'm pretty sure Stern substitutes parts sometimes when they need to.

#10610 2 years ago

OK folks... I have had my Pro for almost 2 years now and have put just about every possible mod on it. I am thinking now about getting the legs and side rails powdercoated, and looking for experience from others who may have done this. Should I do the wireforms in the game to match the powder coating? The chrome is not a bad look, but it might be an even better look to match the color of the powdercoating. I don't think I will do the coin door (mostly because I don't want to have to disassemble it!) but what other parts should I consider? Very receptive to color choices, too... anyone else who has done this and would care to share their color choice (photos too!) would be much appreciated. The local powdercoater I found says they can do anything that Prismatic Powders has in stock.

#10611 2 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

OK folks... I have had my Pro for almost 2 years now and have put just about every possible mod on it. I am thinking now about getting the legs and side rails powdercoated, and looking for experience from others who may have done this. Should I do the wireforms in the game to match the powder coating? The chrome is not a bad look, but it might be an even better look to match the color of the powdercoating. I don't think I will do the coin door (mostly because I don't want to have to disassemble it!) but what other parts should I consider? Very receptive to color choices, too... anyone else who has done this and would care to share their color choice (photos too!) would be much appreciated. The local powdercoater I found says they can do anything that Prismatic Powders has in stock.

While I will admit that it looks cool, in games that I've seen that just have the wire forms powder coated and not the base ramps, something about it, at least to me personally, looks a bit off.
If you were going to go through the effort of powder coating the wireforms, my vote would be to disassemble the metal base ramps and powder coat them as well. Just my opinion, may not be everyone's taste though.
A deep lustrous/metallic cherry red would be my vote

#10612 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

While I will admit that it looks cool, in games that I've seen that just have the wire forms powder coated and not the base ramps, something about it, at least to me personally, looks a bit off.
If you were going to go through the effort of powder coating the wireforms, my vote would be to disassemble the metal base ramps and powder coat them as well. Just my opinion, may not be everyone's taste though.
A deep lustrous/metallic cherry red would be my vote

I would do a gold colour for this game. It would match the PF colour and the back panel.

#10613 2 years ago

Someone posted a Pro done in red a few pages back that I thought looked really good.

Yellow/Orange/Gold like Pin_Fandango mentioned is a good look too. I changed the red GI to orange in my machine and I think it looks better with the tone of the playfield and the egyptian theme.

#10614 2 years ago

I always do my coin doors as I think it completes the look very nicely. To disassemble is very simple, it's literally just a few screws. I did mine in red, specifically Illusion Cherry.

https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PMB-6905/illusion-cherry

#10615 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I always do my coin doors as I think it completes the look very nicely. To disassemble is very simple, it's literally just a few screws. I did mine in red, specifically Illusion Cherry.
https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PMB-6905/illusion-cherry

Illusion Cherry looks great! I think I would be 100% in for that color, or one of the other reds, if I didn't have a GnR sitting right next to my Imdn. I don't want it to look like I was trying to match the powdercoat color between the 2 games...

My wife seems to think we need to do some sort of medium blue color, but I am not sold on that. I could see a darker blue, or a gold/yellow, or perhaps one of the purples.

Thanks for the advice!

#10616 2 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Illusion Cherry looks great! I think I would be 100% in for that color, or one of the other reds, if I didn't have a GnR sitting right next to my Imdn. I don't want it to look like I was trying to match the powdercoat color between the 2 games...
My wife seems to think we need to do some sort of medium blue color, but I am not sold on that. I could see a darker blue, or a gold/yellow, or perhaps one of the purples.
Thanks for the advice!

I have Illusion Royal on my GB Prem and it's beautiful.

#10617 2 years ago

Has anyone powder coated a premium anything other than yellow/orange/red? I'm looking for ideas.

Copper or bronze maybe? Some other crazy color?

#10618 2 years ago

I realize this is a long-shot but my best friend is getting married in Vegas in February 2022 (in a month) and I'm his best man. He's a massive IRON MAIDEN fan and he loves the pin but unfortunately can't afford it. That's where I come in! I'd like to purchase a MAIDEN Pro for him as a wedding gift (or even a decent priced Premium) but I ain't seeing any on the marketplace or at distributors. If anyone knows of someone who wants to sell theirs or even where I may be able to purchase one on the West Coast, I'd really appreciate it. Ideally, please PM me directly. Thx!

#10619 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I realize this is a long-shot but my best friend is getting married in Vegas in February 2022 (in a month) and I'm his best man. He's a massive IRON MAIDEN fan and he loves the pin but unfortunately can't afford it. That's where I come in! I'd like to purchase a MAIDEN Pro for him as a wedding gift (or even a decent priced Premium) but I ain't seeing any on the marketplace or at distributors. If anyone knows of someone who wants to sell theirs or even where I may be able to purchase one on the West Coast, I'd really appreciate it. Ideally, please PM me directly. Thx!

Wanna be my best man?

#10620 2 years ago

Gotta do coin door, just wish I could have found laser cut rails. Center ramp had to be done again.

1E9F22D2-AEDF-4CE7-8AF8-0BAC92AEC2A1 (resized).jpeg1E9F22D2-AEDF-4CE7-8AF8-0BAC92AEC2A1 (resized).jpeg35F634D5-094B-4389-86FF-DB59D1E8D9A5 (resized).jpeg35F634D5-094B-4389-86FF-DB59D1E8D9A5 (resized).jpeg571E32C3-D221-421D-B12D-0A3D2832E0DF (resized).jpeg571E32C3-D221-421D-B12D-0A3D2832E0DF (resized).jpeg76E4C4CB-AE6D-4EDB-B3CB-47D4E1E9096A (resized).jpeg76E4C4CB-AE6D-4EDB-B3CB-47D4E1E9096A (resized).jpegA83442A5-4285-415F-AE40-FA2450F95D6B (resized).jpegA83442A5-4285-415F-AE40-FA2450F95D6B (resized).jpeg
#10621 2 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Gotta do coin door, just wish I could have found laser cut rails. Center ramp had to be done again.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

R u powder coating ramps??? Eeek! That's not going to end well.

#10622 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

You could try pinballjah on pinballrevolution.com. He's in Toronto and has been looking to trade his pro for a while but it sounds like he'd possibly be willing to take cash if the price was right.

Quoted from Tranquilize:

R u powder coating ramps??? Eeek! That's not going to end well.

I thought powder coat was pretty tough? Do you think it will chip?

#10623 2 years ago

Have them on a few pins, and they’re holding up just fine. Ask me 10 years from now and I might tell you different.

#10624 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

I thought powder coat was pretty tough? Do you think it will chip?

I wouldn't but it'll be fine. How's your car holding up? 140km stones don't seem to mess it up too badly

#10625 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What was the month of yours? August? Was there more than one Iron Maiden build in 2021?

FYI mine was shipped late April for my fall build premium and it didn’t work. His forehead would get stuck/ lodged in the gap. Shot you pm.

#10626 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

nah, sorry.
But it is your money, if you think a ball lock is worth 2K, you are free to spend it how you see fit.

There's a lot more to the Pre than that, have you played one?

#10627 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

There's a lot more to the Pre than that, have you played one?

Clairvoyant newton ball and underworld scoop hardly constitute "a lot"
I like the premium but prefer the pro art. I do agree that if you are going bang for your buck, Maiden is one of the best pros out there.

#10628 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:Clairvoyant newton ball and underworld scoop hardly constitute "a lot"
I like the premium but prefer the pro art. I do agree that if you are going bang for your buck, Maiden is one of the best pros out there.

You do understand that the different features of the two make for a different style of play regarding mechs that are not present on the Pro? If not, then yeah there is "a lot."

#10629 2 years ago

Hello folks... I have an August build IM premium. I've had many issues with the Orb and the captive ball for spelling mummy as well as balls hanging up behind the ramp. I've been able to fix all these but now have a new problem!

Problem:
The left ramp when the tomb is open works fine... except many times it remains open during a Trooper Multiball. When this happens the balls entering the left ramp roll into the sarcophagus lock and get held.... until a ball search is activated. Has anyone experienced this issue? I'm not sure where to start to be honest.

Any information would be very much appreciated.
Thanks... Randall

#10630 2 years ago
Quoted from RKip455:

Hello folks... I have an August build IM premium. I've had many issues with the Orb and the captive ball for spelling mummy as well as balls hanging up behind the ramp. I've been able to fix all these but now have a new problem!
Problem:
The left ramp when the tomb is open works fine... except many times it remains open during a Trooper Multiball. When this happens the balls entering the left ramp roll into the sarcophagus lock and get held.... until a ball search is activated. Has anyone experienced this issue? I'm not sure where to start to be honest.
Any information would be very much appreciated.
Thanks... Randall

Go to diagnostics menu, IM game, then lock. Shut coin door. Using flipper button stop lock in position 62. The
"ball on" switches are 39 and 40. Press the leaf switch closest the ball and 40 should light. Then press 39 which is deeper in the chute behind 40. One of these leaf switches needs adjustment-you need to bend the leaf (assuming the switch isn't bad.

PXL_20220113_140211682 (resized).jpgPXL_20220113_140211682 (resized).jpg
#10631 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Go to diagnostics menu, IM game, then lock. Shut coin door. Using flipper button stop lock in position 62. The
"ball on" switches are 39 and 40. Press the leaf switch closest the ball and 40 should light. Then press 39 which is deeper in the chute behind 40. One of these leaf switches needs adjustment-you need to bend the leaf (assuming the switch isn't bad.
[quoted image]

Thanks... I can adjust leaf switches... but I'm not sure how to lock the menu as you're showing it. Maybe it intuitive once in the menu. I assume I'll have to lift the PF in order to reach these leaf switches of course... right?

When you say the leaf switch closest to the ball, I'm assuming you mean the captive ball... correct?

#10632 2 years ago

Captive ball is correct. You can remove a ball and roll it behind the captive ball to test switches. You can do this from above.
Turn pin on. Open coin door. See the green, 2 red , one black button. Press black button 3 times, right red button 3 times, black button once, right red twice, black button once .
Shut coin door. Press right flipper until position 62 is lit You can now see the ball switches 39 and 40 to the rear and slightly below the captive ball.

#10633 2 years ago

Of course open coin door, press green button until you return to intro screen to get out of the test mode

#10634 2 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm really liking that copper. Might have to go in that direction myself.

#10635 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

You do understand that the different features of the two make for a different style of play regarding mechs that are not present on the Pro? If not, then yeah there is "a lot."

I recommend working on your communication skills. Giving off a tone in a forum post IS impressive though.
Regarding your play style comment, that would be implied in any pro to premium comparison obviously. The only point I was making was there are only 3 physical playfield differences, not "lots"

#10636 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I recommend working on your communication skills. Giving off a tone in a forum post IS impressive though.
Regarding your play style comment, that would be implied in any pro to premium comparison obviously. The only point I was making was there are only 3 physical playfield differences, not "lots"

Thank you.

#10637 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Extra mode as well, I believe.

I thought the pro looked better then the premium, but now that I own the premium, I’ve grown to like it more. The LE though…..yuck.

#10638 2 years ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

Extra mode as well, I believe.
I thought the pro looked better then the premium, but now that I own the premium, I’ve grown to like it more. The LE though…..yuck.

Pro owners can get the extra mode through stern connect now.

I haven't had a chance to try the Pre/LE so I'll reserve my comments, I just know that if I had to shoot that left ramp to activate any mode I'd be tearing my hair out haha so I'm grateful for my pro

#10639 2 years ago

Prem owner here, I shut the Madness mode off. More fun trying to cash in that power jackpot boost with some multipliers..

#10640 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

I just know that if I had to shoot that left ramp to activate any mode I'd be tearing my hair out haha so I'm grateful for my pro

I’m new to the club; can someone clarify this? I have a premium but I activate the modes by shooting the underworld scoop. That left ramp does give me hell though.

#10641 2 years ago
Quoted from MarklarD:

I’m new to the club; can someone clarify this? I have a premium but I activate the modes by shooting the underworld scoop. That left ramp does give me hell though.

You are correct, through the underworld.

#10642 2 years ago
Quoted from MarklarD:

Quoted from metalkatt:

You are correct, through the underworld.

Sorry I thought you guys had to shoot that left lamp to start at least one of the modes.

#10643 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

Sorry I thought you guys had to shoot that left lamp to start at least one of the modes.

To lock balls for Trooper and also for tomb treasures I believe.

#10644 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

When it says "shoot the sarcophagus" it's the left ramp on the premium and loads it into the lock while on the pro it's the center target.

When a mode is ready, the premium raises the center ramp and say "shoot the underworld" to start modes. On the pro it says "shoot the center." Aiming for the same spot, but it goes up the ramp instead of into the underworld scoop.

#10645 2 years ago
Quoted from Biju:

To lock balls for Trooper and also for tomb treasures I believe.

Ah yeah it would be the tomb treasure that would destroy me being on the left ramp. I have a mental hangup with those for some reason and miss the right orbit on the pro pretty often when it's lit for a treasure despite it being one of the easier shots for me.

Quoted from craif:

When it says "shoot the sarcophagus" it's the left ramp on the premium and loads it into the lock while on the pro it's the center target.
When a mode is ready, the premium raises the center ramp and say "shoot the underworld" to start modes. On the pro it says "shoot the center." Aiming for the same spot, but it goes up the ramp instead of into the underworld scoop.

I do like the sound of that. The center shot is wild on my machine and I overshoot the target a lot. Going under would be a nice change of pace.
I looked it up and I think I would prefer the way the underworld shot feeds the lower flippers too. I find the way the rubber post on the pro is used makes the ball feed down too slowly and it can get dangerous if you don't use the upper left flipper. Letting it drop puts it right on the tip of the left flipper

#10646 2 years ago

So my IM has been compromised now for over a month (all the LEDs are out on the lower half of the playfield), but I really have to give crazy props to the distro here, who straight after the Xmas break have been constantly troubleshooting with me up until today - literally responding to my emails within 10-20 minutes, and have now sent a new led board overnight express.

People may knock Stern for the customer service, but they have an absolutely stellar distributor here in Sydney (Amusement Machine Distributors). They even always help me with the same level of service for machines I haven't purchased through them. Best guys ever.

Also, IM = best machine ever.

#10647 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

Ah yeah it would be the tomb treasure that would destroy me being on the left ramp. I have a mental hangup with those for some reason and miss the right orbit on the pro pretty often when it's lit for a treasure despite it being one of the easier shots for me.

I do like the sound of that. The center shot is wild on my machine and I overshoot the target a lot. Going under would be a nice change of pace.
I looked it up and I think I would prefer the way the underworld shot feeds the lower flippers too. I find the way the rubber post on the pro is used makes the ball feed down too slowly and it can get dangerous if you don't use the upper left flipper. Letting it drop puts it right on the tip of the left flipper

I kinda like having the tomb treasures on the right orbit - as that orbit might feel a little under utilized with just Eddie letters and the occasional mode shot on it with the Prem? Is the right orbit used for anything else in the Prem that I'm forgetting? I would like the added challenge of the Mummy lock being on the left ramp though vs the Pro though...

For the left orbit lock/reward return on the Pro, I just usually give the left side of the cab a bump as the ball passes the left upper flipper, to get the ball to land a little further up the right lower flipper, where you can then nail a really nice feeling drop catch and shoot back for another lock or center ramp or mummy shot or whatever. Really rewarding when that goes just right to repeatedly nail a series of trooper locks in a controlled fashion.

The dead bounce or drop catch on the underworld return on the Premium is great too though, but was more of a gimme on the Prems I've played.

I've been super happy with my Pro since purchased new back in early/mid '18 - I never found a good opportunity to upgrade to a Prem, and I may never now with the ridiculous prices for everything and crazy demand...

Even just going strictly by the Pro, I still think IMDN is the best pinball machine I've ever played. Though GZ (perfectly happy with my Pro with a few mods there too) is right up there with it also.

#10648 2 years ago
#10649 2 years ago

I’ve had my NIB IM Premium since end of November and I really love the game. Never played a home game so many times without getting bored.

I have no issues other than the adjustment of the captive balls, the center ramp getting stuck in open position and the right upper flipper mechanism hitting the cabinet bracket on return. (Annoying sound…)

Today I started to think about the return of weak shots from the right ramp. Are the balls supposed to hit the right ramp post or feed straight down to the flipper? In my game the balls hit the post and start to bump randomly, often hitting the slings…left outlane.

#10650 2 years ago
Quoted from Hasse:

I’ve had my NIB IM Premium since end of November and I really love the game. Never played a home game so many times without getting bored.
I have no issues other than the adjustment of the captive balls, the center ramp getting stuck in open position and the right upper flipper mechanism hitting the cabinet bracket on return. (Annoying sound…)
Today I started to think about the return of weak shots from the right ramp. Are the balls supposed to hit the right ramp post or feed straight down to the flipper? In my game the balls hit the post and start to bump randomly, often hitting the slings…left outlane.

Sometimes it comes out of the right ramp cleanly but I have had so many drains off the right post of the right ramp where it shoots directly into the left outlane. That's with the outlane at the tightest setting too. Very frustrating way to drain.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,800 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 316.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/213 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.