(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,838 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 317.
#10302 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Always a good combo
[quoted image]

Agreed!

C43728DF-1BAB-42AE-8583-107EA1B9BB77 (resized).jpegC43728DF-1BAB-42AE-8583-107EA1B9BB77 (resized).jpeg
#10303 2 years ago

They already have. V1.10, but this includes updates for the insider connected add-on.

Skippy2904

#10304 2 years ago
Quoted from Skippy2904:

They already have. V1.10, but this includes updates for the insider connected add-on.
Skippy2904

No, v1.10 only has the European 2022 dates. The North American dates were just announced today.

#10305 2 years ago

When was the last update?

#10306 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

When was the last update?

November 23

#10307 2 years ago

Anybody use one of these neca head knocker figurines for a topper?

a07e8b7f-ee77-4bdb-b06d-0ed03a0533e4 (resized).jpga07e8b7f-ee77-4bdb-b06d-0ed03a0533e4 (resized).jpg
#10308 2 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Agreed![quoted image]

Sweet Deadpool topper!

#10309 2 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

No, v1.10 only has the European 2022 dates. The North American dates were just announced today.

That’s one of the things I love owning the machine for, it’s to remind me of the couple times I saw them on the tour. Now with a North American leg added, hopefully I can catch them at least once more.

#10310 2 years ago
532E3B7E-2DEA-457C-8D86-87E46A72D021 (resized).jpeg532E3B7E-2DEA-457C-8D86-87E46A72D021 (resized).jpeg
#10311 2 years ago

I’m a bit of a sucker when I see anything that relates to a pin that I own.

02602214-25BF-49CE-9060-A34679FF7739 (resized).jpeg02602214-25BF-49CE-9060-A34679FF7739 (resized).jpeg
#10312 2 years ago
Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

I’m a bit of a sucker when I see anything that relates to a pin that I own.
[quoted image]

Just tried that last night. It’s not too bad for a lighter stout. Enjoy!

#10313 2 years ago

Just got to Number of the Beast! I absolutely drained nearly immediately but it was still a pretty big rush to have finally gotten there.

For whatever reason I had been stuck trying to get my Mummy card even though I've known that is relatively easy if you understand the spinners. But now in back-to-back days I've been able to get it and nearly get the Level 2 card. Not bad since I've only had the game a short while. Having said that, it didn't register as my high score; I guess I'll need to figure out what scores higher.

I'm so pumped up--my heart is still racing!

#10314 2 years ago
Quoted from Biju:

Just got to Number of the Beast! I absolutely drained nearly immediately but it was still a pretty big rush to have finally gotten there.
For whatever reason I had been stuck trying to get my Mummy card even though I've known that is relatively easy if you understand the spinners. But now in back-to-back days I've been able to get it and nearly get the Level 2 card. Not bad since I've only had the game a short while. Having said that, it didn't register as my high score; I guess I'll need to figure out what scores higher.
I'm so pumped up--my heart is still racing!

Nice! One thing I'm noticing is pinball is definitely a psychological game as well as a game of reflexes. I made Cyborg Multiball for the first time the other day and basically drained right away.

I'm also having this really frustrating issue where I can hit the right orbit almost at will but as soon as it's lit up for a tomb treasure it becomes impossible for me to hit.

What's everyone's mummy multiball strategy anyways? Do you go for the extra ball lit shots or just try and rip spinners and hit the captive ball? I think I get so caught up in trying to hit those first two ramp shots that I drain before I get anywhere.

#10315 2 years ago

Nice! One thing I'm noticing is pinball is definitely a psychological game as well as a game of reflexes. I made Cyborg Multiball for the first time the other day and basically drained right away. I'm also having this really frustrating issue where I can hit the right orbit almost at will but as soon as it's lit up for a tomb treasure it becomes impossible for me to hit.

I completely understand the tomb treasure "pressure" there. I managed to get 5 tomb treasures in that last game which is more than I've done before and I still feel was more luck than anything else. I haven't even gotten close to doing a 6-way combo so I've got a long way to go before I hit Run to the Hills.

What's everyone's mummy multiball strategy anyways? Do you go for the extra ball lit shots or just try and rip spinners and hit the captive ball? I think I get so caught up in trying to hit those first two ramp shots that I drain before I get anywhere.

Recently I've been doing this: take advantage of the ball saver by shooting one of the ramps (to set up the add-a-ball) and then exclusively ripping the top spinner/hit the captive ball. Once the ball saver is gone I hit the other ramp for the add-a-ball and then start ripping the spinner/captive ball again. Once that ball saver is done I cradle up and try to separate them so I can hit the bullseye and rip the spinner. With two balls up at the top you can usually get one to fall back down the left side and hit the captive ball if it's lit. Rinse and repeat.

Keep in mind that's only worked twice, but in essentially back-to-back days.

#10316 2 years ago
Quoted from Biju:

I completely understand the tomb treasure "pressure" there. I managed to get 5 tomb treasures in that last game which is more than I've done before and I still feel was more luck than anything else. I haven't even gotten close to doing a 6-way combo so I've got a long way to go before I hit Run to the Hills.

Recently I've been doing this: take advantage of the ball saver by shooting one of the ramps (to set up the add-a-ball) and then exclusively ripping the top spinner/hit the captive ball. Once the ball saver is gone I hit the other ramp for the add-a-ball and then start ripping the spinner/captive ball again. Once that ball saver is done I cradle up and try to separate them so I can hit the bullseye and rip the spinner. With two balls up at the top you can usually get one to fall back down the left side and hit the captive ball if it's lit. Rinse and repeat.

Seems like a good way to maximize ball save time, thanks!

Just need my damn wireforms to show up so I can start practicing those ramp shots.

#10317 2 years ago

Apologies if I have missed this.

1.10 update will only update tour dates and add insider connected ?

No code changes to game play ?

#10318 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Apologies if I have missed this.
1.10 update will only update tour dates and add insider connected ?
No code changes to game play ?

You'll get one more mode if you have a Pro machine and IC. That should be it code wise.

#10319 2 years ago

Not sure how the ball got back there but it must have been moving fast.

6FBC6483-2EF0-4AB1-ACD9-B21CDD80A22C (resized).jpeg6FBC6483-2EF0-4AB1-ACD9-B21CDD80A22C (resized).jpeg
#10320 2 years ago
Quoted from Biju:

I try to get the spinner right away and get a couple letters while the ball save is up.
I focus on the ramps after the second letter as it gets more complicated to collect switches and find the 3rd ball helps in the process, getting the spinner is harder with more than 3 balls.

All that to say, after not understanding mummy multiball for a solid 4 weeks thinking it was harder than it was, I finally read up the rules and tried it and been getting it pretty much every other game!

Since this change in strategy I have managed to collect 3 cards! Lol
Was only missing 2 minutes to midnight and drained.

For now, I think that if I get mummy card on ball 1 I might have a better chance to get to the beast.

And agree, pinball is very psychological. If you are off, tired, bad mood or simply not feeling it, the table will almost 99.9% reflect that with crappy scores.

If I am teaching someone how to play the game, it seems to release the pressure and I often play better than when on my own.
It is very strange.

#10321 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

[quoted image]

My guess is it came off the center ramp in a crazy way. I've had some insane air balls off that center ramp shot, but they usually shoot out the left side and end up in the wireform or bumper area on the left.

By the way do you guys think this bent rail could be causing my autoplunge to fail a lot? I think it's always been like this but not sure. I tried to bend it back but it's hardened or something, not easy to bend at all.

rail (resized).PNGrail (resized).PNG
#10322 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

My guess is it came off the center ramp in a crazy way. I've had some insane air balls off that center ramp shot, but they usually shoot out the left side and end up in the wireform or bumper area on the left.
By the way do you guys think this bent rail could be causing my autoplunge to fail a lot? I think it's always been like this but not sure. I tried to bend it back but it's hardened or something, not easy to bend at all.[quoted image]

I really doubt the ball really touches that rail on the way out.
A slow motion vid will reveal it.

As far as ball guide adjustment goes, I had 99.9% success in mine after the last adjustment I did: over shoot the ball closer to the small flipper bat, then adjust by lowering the power in settings. It has been great after 200 games.

#10323 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

[quoted image]

There is a ball trap fix kit and loop register kit. I think Mezel Mods sells that in the US.

#10324 2 years ago

Battled the beast for the first time ever, also my first game on 1.10! Such a great game.

I was pumped to try out the ‘Can I Play With Madness’ multiball, but it’s only for the Insider Connect. Booooo!

#10325 2 years ago

For anyone with a newer build, my thin metal stern ball ramp protector in the orbit peeled right off after about 200 plays. Put down the cliffy carbon fibre protector in its place. Much better solution IMO, no issues at all.

#10326 2 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

For anyone with a newer build, my thin metal stern ball ramp protector in the orbit peeled right off after about 200 plays. Put down the cliffy carbon fibre protector in its place. Much better solution IMO, no issues at all.

Installed mine a week ago and 110% agree

#10327 2 years ago

The 3m tape has worked for me so far. Been a week and a few hundred games with no lifting yet.

#10328 2 years ago

Here's Wizard Mods apron cover. Before and after.

PXL_20211204_192424206 (resized).jpgPXL_20211204_192424206 (resized).jpgPXL_20211204_192947503 (resized).jpgPXL_20211204_192947503 (resized).jpg
#10329 2 years ago

When I was installing the cliffy protector, something I noticed was the large amount of debris stuck to the underside of the stock protector where it had peeled. All the random dust, bits of wax, etc that build up in a machine over time finds its way under any bit that lifts.

Point being, if your stock protector is peeling and you want to keep it, probably worth removing it, removing any leftover adhesive from both the protector and the playfield and then reattaching it with some fresh high quality adhesive from 3M

#10330 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Here's Wizard Mods apron cover. Before and after.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Insane, I held off ordering those. I have the speakers done, I KNEW i should have gotten the apron as well!. ARGH! Looks amazing.

#10331 2 years ago

Wondering if anyone has experienced or has any thoughts on my dilemma. Playing a game and got a Node 9 over current message. A bulb was kind of flickering so I replaced it, all good. But now I have no sound at all!? Unplugged, ran update code and checked connections CN 1-5.

#10332 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Insane, I held off ordering those. I have the speakers done, I KNEW i should have gotten the apron as well!. ARGH! Looks amazing.

Thanks! The good news is they don't make you pay for shipping so all you loose by splitting orders is time.

#10333 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Just wanted to share my current mods/additions to my Pro.
-Spotlights in the back left (with Comet Fire bulb facing back left characters) and additional 2nd spot on right (similar to Prem version), as well as spots at the slings and on lower left illuminate Piece of Mind Eddie.
-Distressed British Flag in front of (disguising) the back left spotlight.
-LED lit warplanes on the left (From ModFather) as well as pyramids and Egyptian characters on back left ramp (found on Etsy) and torch covers.
-Trooper Eddie at right ramp, Power Slave Eddie back right (with his right arm blocking ball from rolling off right of center ramp), and Piece of Mind Eddie (with some custom chains I put around his neck) on left standing on separate plastic (from pinball Life).
-Anubis dog at captive ball.
-Clairvoyant Character (lucky Ebay mystery box) at Orb plastic behind Mezel Mods lit Orb.
-Obelisk flasher dome cover in back right, Pharaoh eye blinders and LED lit Egyptian arch at right ramp from Mezel Mods.
-Pingraffix side blades.
-Tilt Graffics ramp decals.
-Distressed flag flipper toppers.
-IMDN guitar pic covering raw/exposed backside of switch at right ramp.
-Custom apron cards.
-Where appropriate, colored (or swapped out for) metallic gold or black hardware.
-Opted on clear plastic protectors at slings and outlanes, and yellow and orange plastic protectors at pops and skill shot plastic, along with custom purple plastic protector on left to side of left spinner.
-Titan comp flipper rubbers.
-Comet warm white LEDs across the GI and warm white trough light.
-PinMonk fireball gell inserts at left loop, and center characters. As well as the white to yellow fade at the Mummy inserts.
-Not shown is custom blue/silver/red colored shooter rod from ModFather and British Flag shooter plate from Cointaker.
-Game also with shaker, Flipper Fidelity backbox and sub speakers along with Pinnovators external sub hookup to 10" Polk sub.
...and atop it all is a nice piece of VooDoo Glass.
-I've never done it before, but I am toying with the idea of powder coating the side rails, lockdown bar and legs...suppose it's TBD, but I do think it could set it off even more...
Yup, I absolutely love this game and what's been even more fun than doing all of the above, is playing the living sh*t out of it
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"7c0819cb7a7cf7369411be2ff15d7a58b9e84d6b-1638746219-1800"};
//]]>

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah I'd also be interested in a parts list link for all of that

#10334 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Thanks! The good news is they don't make you pay for shipping so all you loose by splitting orders is time.

Yeah. I remember I took my speaker panels to get to NY about 3 and a half weeks. Looking forward to getting this.

#10335 2 years ago

Is it just me, or is the right ramp difficult to hit?

#10336 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Is it just me, or is the right ramp difficult to hit?

I find both fairly hard to hit. There's a psychological factor to the left one since you have to go through the bumpers but the right one isn't easy either. I think it's a little further down the flipper than I tend to anticipate.

I saw someone recommend using the white edge of the ball that's in eddie's head on the graphic under the flipper. It's helped me a bit using that as a guide.

#10337 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

I find both fairly hard to hit. There's a psychological factor to the left one since you have to go through the bumpers but the right one isn't easy either. I think it's a little further down the flipper than I tend to anticipate.
I saw someone recommend using the white edge of the ball that's in eddie's head on the graphic under the flipper. It's helped me a bit using that as a guide.

Thanks, I'll give that a try

#10338 2 years ago

right ramp I usually a lot harder for me than the left.

#10339 2 years ago

So Stern just let me know that the wireform ramps are on backorder and no idea when they'll be able to send me some...awesome. So now I'm back to diagnosing my issue. I think the outside lower rail is malformed and casuing the ball to kick inside and up onto the inner rail. I took a closer, slower video but it still doesn't show it great.

So far my only solution that appears to be working is a line of duct tape along that outside rail. It seems to be dampening the ball a little bit but it's ugly. I'd really love to be able to do something that doesn't look cheap to fix this.

I think I'm going to start by trying to bend or file down the circled section. The slo mo makes me think that's kicking it up.

https://streamable.com/qyficl

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#10340 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

So Stern just let me know that the wireform ramps are on backorder and no idea when they'll be able to send me some...awesome. So now I'm back to diagnosing my issue. I think the outside lower rail is malformed and casuing the ball to kick inside and up onto the inner rail. I took a closer, slower video but it still doesn't show it great.
So far my only solution that appears to be working is a line of duct tape along that outside rail. It seems to be dampening the ball a little bit but it's ugly. I'd really love to be able to do something that doesn't look cheap to fix this.
I think I'm going to start by trying to bend or file down the circled section. The slo mo makes me think that's kicking it up.
https://streamable.com/qyficl
[quoted image]

Slide the ball down the wireform by hand and see where its hitting. This crossmember seems like it is almost even with the rails.

2C22CCBF-FD60-4AE4-A0FE-92871DA5ADB3 (resized).png2C22CCBF-FD60-4AE4-A0FE-92871DA5ADB3 (resized).png
#10341 2 years ago

Any volunteers with pinball browser want to tackle a small project?

Metallica received not one, but two Christmas music code updates, which are fantastic and can be found here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/christmetallica-a-christmas-sound-mod#post-6634251

Anyone up to the challenge of making a custom Christmas mix for Iron Maiden?

#10342 2 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Slide the ball down the wireform by hand and see where its hitting. This crossmember seems like it is almost even with the rails.[quoted image]

Thanks but I've already filed the crossmembers down so I'm pretty confident it's not them. In the video you can see it clear them without issue but as soon as it goes to take the bend it rides up on the right rail and then hops.

#10343 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

Thanks but I've already filed the crossmembers down so I'm pretty confident it's not them. In the video you can see it clear them without issue but as soon as it goes to take the bend it rides up on the right rail and then hops.

the right rail is over bent, gives the ball too much free space and the ball bounces off towards the left.
The issue is clearly at the bent, I mentioned this I believe a few posts ago as it was already clear to me in the first video you had sent...

In this episode of 'screaming to the clouds'... lol

Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

The first bend seems to be the issue, the ball is pushed towards the left, it rides the guide and bounces off the link. Need a slower video to be sure.
The ball turn on the bend is over corrected I suppose and it should ride the right side more, which is why the right side is taller.

I am even more certain of this issue now, I can see how the light reflects off the rail in the section you circled up and it is clearly bent out of shape at the bend.
Too much air in between the ball and the right rail and physics are not helping here, need to reduce the gap so the rail acts like a guide and therefore prevent the bounce.

There is no easy way to fix this without a proper jig to bend everything up uniformly, do not try pliers, you will be sorry in my experience the wireworm are just too 'thick' and hard.

I think that securing it in a vise and trying to close the wireworm might work - only the top portion- where the tape is might work, the issue is that if you over do it, then bending back is nearly impossible.

Just like you did with tape, I think that you need to close the gap in between the ball and the rail I think.

#10344 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

[quoted image]

Maybe clear pvc/nice color silicon tubing that fits tightly, or even heat shrink tubing though I suspect that would be too thin to absorb the impact. Or paint it with rubber cement/similar and then allowed to dry overnight.

Beyond any burrs you took off and some less than optimal pathing bend, I'm still not convinced yours is mounted properly. Something is loose or not sitting properly, if not the wireform itself then one of the things it's attached to. In your video the wireform is swaying and vibrating all over the place. In particular, look up near the top of the wireform after the ball rounds the curve and starts to go up the side. The players left side of it is swinging free all over the place.

Compare that to mine: https://imgur.com/a/wWEnH2J

The wireform stays in place relative to the machine. The camera shakes in mine because the kinetic energy in the wireform is diffusing out through the entire machine all the way to the magnetic camera mount I put on the lockbar receiver to shoot it.

Is the wireform seated properly in the upper mount point where it attaches to the ramp/opto? You may be able to bend it slightly or use a piece of rubber/foam/etc to get a tighter fit.

#10345 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

the right rail is over bent, gives the ball too much free space and the ball bounces off towards the left.
The issue is clearly at the bent, I mentioned this I believe a few posts ago as it was already clear to me in the first video you had sent...
In this episode of 'screaming to the clouds'... lol

I am even more certain of this issue now, I can see how the light reflects off the rail in the section you circled up and it is clearly bent out of shape at the bend.
Too much air in between the ball and the right rail and physics are not helping here, need to reduce the gap so the rail acts like a guide and therefore prevent the bounce.
There is no easy way to fix this without a proper jig to bend everything up uniformly, do not try pliers, you will be sorry in my experience the wireworm are just too 'thick' and hard.
I think that securing it in a vise and trying to close the wireworm might work - only the top portion- where the tape is might work, the issue is that if you over do it, then bending back is nearly impossible.
Just like you did with tape, I think that you need to close the gap in between the ball and the rail I think.

Sorry didn't mean to seem like I was ignoring your original post. You definitely nailed it from the first video.
Thanks for the advice, I was going to bend it the other way but what you're describing makes sense, hugging the ball should keep it from being able to kick off of that section.

I'm a little scared to try and bend it myself now, thinking I might try a heat shrink wrap like craif mentioned to start. I have a heat gun, I wonder if applying a bit of heat to that section would help to bend it easier.

Quoted from craif:

Maybe clear pvc/nice color silicon tubing that fits tightly, or even heat shrink tubing though I suspect that would be too thin to absorb the impact. Or paint it with rubber cement/similar and then allowed to dry overnight.
Beyond any burrs you took off and some less than optimal pathing bend, I'm still not convinced yours is mounted properly. Something is loose or not sitting properly, if not the wireform itself then one of the things it's attached to. In your video the wireform is swaying and vibrating all over the place. In particular, look up near the top of the wireform after the ball rounds the curve and starts to go up the side. The players left side of it is swinging free all over the place.
Compare that to mine: https://imgur.com/a/wWEnH2J
The wireform stays in place relative to the machine. The camera shakes in mine because the kinetic energy in the wireform is diffusing out through the entire machine all the way to the magnetic camera mount I put on the lockbar receiver to shoot it.
Is the wireform seated properly in the upper mount point where it attaches to the ramp/opto? You may be able to bend it slightly or use a piece of rubber/foam/etc to get a tighter fit.

Thanks, I also noticed the significant bouncing. I did a quick check of the plastic section below the wireform but it appears to be floating and not supporting the wireform so I ruled that out. I know the screw and the nut that holds the wireform down are tight but I haven't really looked at what those two screw posts attach to to see if everything it mounts on is tight. Also didn't think to check that upper part where it slots into the ramp.
The machine had two previous owners so it's weird that if they had this issue they didn't address it, also I didn't have a single air ball until about two weeks into ownership so now I'm starting to wonder if something has come loose to cause this, or at least amplify it since Stern has acknowledged the ramps are not perfect.

I'll have to spend some time troubleshooting the bouncing first and see if that helps.

#10346 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

Sorry didn't mean to seem like I was ignoring your original post. You definitely nailed it from the first video.
Thanks for the advice, I was going to bend it the other way but what you're describing makes sense, hugging the ball should keep it from being able to kick off of that section.
I'm a little scared to try and bend it myself now, thinking I might try a heat shrink wrap like craif mentioned to start. I have a heat gun, I wonder if applying a bit of heat to that section would help to bend it easier.

Thanks, I also noticed the significant bouncing. I did a quick check of the plastic section below the wireform but it appears to be floating and not supporting the wireform so I ruled that out. I know the screw and the nut that holds the wireform down are tight but I haven't really looked at what those two screw posts attach to to see if everything it mounts on is tight. Also didn't think to check that upper part where it slots into the ramp.
The machine had two previous owners so it's weird that if they had this issue they didn't address it, also I didn't have a single air ball until about two weeks into ownership so now I'm starting to wonder if something has come loose to cause this, or at least amplify it since Stern has acknowledged the ramps are not perfect.
I'll have to spend some time troubleshooting the bouncing first and see if that helps.

Here's a closeup of the area on mine. As you can see it doesn't move at all. https://imgur.com/a/FIJJSMC

#10347 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

Also didn't think to check that upper part where it slots into the ramp.

I was thinking about that this morning when I read your post. You've shared a couple pictures and videos, but the area where the wire form meets the ramp has not been shown clearly. Would you be willing to share an up close picture of where your wireform meets the ramp. I do wonder if it is seated there appropriately.

#10348 2 years ago

Purchased my 2022 World Tour tickets today! I wish there was a way to highlight a show during the dates scroll.

#10349 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I was thinking about that this morning when I read your post. You've shared a couple pictures and videos, but the area where the wire form meets the ramp has not been shown clearly. Would you be willing to share an up close picture of where your wireform meets the ramp. I do wonder if it is seated there appropriately.

Quoted from craif:

Here's a closeup of the area on mine. As you can see it doesn't move at all. https://imgur.com/a/FIJJSMC

I just started disassembling it all to do some other work and it looked seated properly up there to me, but I don't remember if it was as solid as craif shows in his video. I'll have to check again and get a picture.

I also tired manually moving the lower areas and nothing felt obviously loose. The post at the bottom where the slings are was a little loose once I got all of the plastic off though so that might be part of the problem. Going to change the rubber and adjust the autoplunge and then reassemble and check the ramp again.

#10350 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

Sorry didn't mean to seem like I was ignoring your original post.

And the most Canadian Pinside post of the year goes to you sir (or madam). Take a bow. You have represented us well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/207 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.