(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,729 posts
  • 806 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Pin_Fandango
  • Topic is favorited by 385 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20211214_001322307 (resized).jpg
IMG_2344 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_5192 (resized).JPG
plunge (resized).jpg
PXL_20220113_140211682 (resized).jpg
571E32C3-D221-421D-B12D-0A3D2832E0DF (resized).jpeg
35F634D5-094B-4389-86FF-DB59D1E8D9A5 (resized).jpeg
A83442A5-4285-415F-AE40-FA2450F95D6B (resized).jpeg
76E4C4CB-AE6D-4EDB-B3CB-47D4E1E9096A (resized).jpeg
1E9F22D2-AEDF-4CE7-8AF8-0BAC92AEC2A1 (resized).jpeg
WesternLaugh.gif
PXL_20220106_004421239 (resized).jpg
20220107_225516 (resized).jpg
20220107_224212 (resized).jpg
20211217_163455 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,729 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 215.
#10251 56 days ago

Wondering who else bought this pin but didn’t like or didn’t think they liked Iron Maiden music and then it grew on them? Been listening to them on Spotify, love the damn game so much that I think I might now love the music too.

#10252 56 days ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Wondering who else bought this pin but didn’t like or didn’t think they liked Iron Maiden music and then it grew on them? Been listening to them on Spotify, love the damn game so much that I think I might now love the music too.

Never head of the band. Figured it would grow on me, and ended being perfect for a high energy pin. Wife definitely didn't like the music, but warmed up to some of the songs.

Can't say I'd ever buy their albums tho.

#10253 56 days ago

Iron Maiden puts on one of, if not the best, live shows you can ever attend.

#10254 56 days ago

That happened with me and Metallica, never was into their music but it kind of grew on me after owning the game a while.

#10255 55 days ago

Just wanted to share my current mods/additions to my Pro.

-Spotlights in the back left (with Comet Fire bulb facing back left characters) and additional 2nd spot on right (similar to Prem version), as well as spots at the slings and on lower left illuminate Piece of Mind Eddie.
-Distressed British Flag in front of (disguising) the back left spotlight.
-LED lit warplanes on the left (From ModFather) as well as pyramids and Egyptian characters on back left ramp (found on Etsy) and torch covers.
-Trooper Eddie at right ramp, Power Slave Eddie back right (with his right arm blocking ball from rolling off right of center ramp), and Piece of Mind Eddie (with some custom chains I put around his neck) on left standing on separate plastic (from pinball Life).
-Anubis dog at captive ball.
-Clairvoyant Character (lucky Ebay mystery box) at Orb plastic behind Mezel Mods lit Orb.
-Obelisk flasher dome cover in back right, Pharaoh eye blinders and LED lit Egyptian arch at right ramp from Mezel Mods.
-Pingraffix side blades.
-Tilt Graffics ramp decals.
-Distressed flag flipper toppers.
-IMDN guitar pic covering raw/exposed backside of switch at right ramp.
-Custom apron cards.
-Where appropriate, colored (or swapped out for) metallic gold or black hardware.
-Opted on clear plastic protectors at slings and outlanes, and yellow and orange plastic protectors at pops and skill shot plastic, along with custom purple plastic protector on left to side of left spinner.
-Titan comp flipper rubbers.
-Comet warm white LEDs across the GI and warm white trough light.
-PinMonk fireball gell inserts at left loop, and center characters. As well as the white to yellow fade at the Mummy inserts.
-Not shown is custom blue/silver/red colored shooter rod from ModFather and British Flag shooter plate from Cointaker.
-Game also with shaker, Flipper Fidelity backbox and sub speakers along with Pinnovators external sub hookup to 10" Polk sub.
...and atop it all is a nice piece of VooDoo Glass.

-I've never done it before, but I am toying with the idea of powder coating the side rails, lockdown bar and legs...suppose it's TBD, but I do think it could set it off even more...

Yup, I absolutely love this game and what's been even more fun than doing all of the above, is playing the living sh*t out of it
mn1 (resized).jpgmn32 (resized).jpgmn33 (resized).jpg

mn51 (resized).jpgmn52 (resized).jpgmn61 (resized).jpgmn62 (resized).jpg
#10256 55 days ago

Two current issues:

My right ramp seems to register extremely late (like as the ball is dropping into the inlane) and sometimes doesn't register. Is there everyone's experience or do I have a bad opto? I noticed a red light on the left ramp but there isn't one on the right ramp.

Separately, I think my bullseye/pharaoh target is registering hits without it being hit. It's similar to the newton ball issue the premiums have/had but I have a Pro and sometimes it auto-plunges new balls. I've tried going into switch mode and slapping the PF but nothing registered.

Any tips from people who have experienced either of these issues?

#10257 55 days ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

-Spotlights in the back left (with Comet Fire bulb facing back left characters) and additional 2nd spot on right (similar to Prem version), as well as spots at the slings and on lower left illuminate Piece of Mind Eddie.
-LED lit warplanes on the left (From ModFather) as well as pyramids and Egyptian characters on back left ramp (found on Etsy) and torch covers.
-Trooper Eddie at right ramp, Power Slave Eddie back right (with his right arm blocking ball from rolling off right of center ramp), and Piece of Mind Eddie (with some custom chains I put around his neck) on left standing on separate plastic (from pinball Life).
-Clairvoyant Character (lucky Ebay mystery box) at Orb plastic behind Mezel Mods lit Orb.
-Obelisk flasher dome cover in back right, Pharaoh eye blinders and LED lit Egyptian arch at right ramp from Mezel Mods.
-Pingraffix side blades.
-Custom apron cards.
-Where appropriate, colored (or swapped out for) metallic gold or black hardware.
-Opted on clear plastic protectors at slings and outlanes, and yellow and orange plastic protectors at pops and skill shot plastic, along with custom purple plastic protector on left to side of left spinner.
-PinMonk fireball gell inserts at left loop, and center characters. As well as the white to yellow fade at the Mummy inserts.
-Not shown is custom blue/silver/red colored shooter rod from ModFather and British Flag shooter plate from Cointaker.
-Game also with shaker, Flipper Fidelity backbox and sub speakers along with Pinnovators external sub hookup to 10" Polk sub.
-I've never done it before, but I am toying with the idea of powder coating the side rails, lockdown bar and legs...suppose it's TBD, but I do think it could set it off even more...
Yup, I absolutely love this game and what's been even more fun than doing all of the above, is playing the living sh*t out of it
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome! Can you post a link for the eqyptian pyramids and characters.

#10258 55 days ago

Thanks, I'm glad you dig those characters up there!!

There's a few folks who sell this kind of stuff, this one group sells a lot of different type characters, most of which will fit in that area. Here's a link to their shop on Etsy. This will definitely get you in the right direction.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SonOfThePharaohCA?ref=yr_purchases

...and here's another group that sells similar type mini statues.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/VintageVeronese?ref=yr_purchases

As far as the pyramids go, there's a lot of different vendors with a lot of different styles that are available. A lot of really cool stuff. Etsy is a pretty dangerous site with a pretty deep rabbit hole, so watch out, but here's a link just looking for miniature Egyptian pyramids, haha

https://www.etsy.com/search?q=miniature%20egyptian%20pyramid%20set

This isn't the exact pyramid set, but this is of the same type, size, construct.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1104725515/high-quality-metal-giza-pyramids-sacred?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=miniature+metal+giza+pyramid+set&ref=sr_gallery-1-2&tr_rank=5&organic_search_click=1&frs=1

#10259 55 days ago
Quoted from Biju:

Two current issues:
My right ramp seems to register extremely late (like as the ball is dropping into the inlane) and sometimes doesn't register. Is there everyone's experience or do I have a bad opto? I noticed a red light on the left ramp but there isn't one on the right ramp.
Separately, I think my bullseye/pharaoh target is registering hits without it being hit. It's similar to the newton ball issue the premiums have/had but I have a Pro and sometimes it auto-plunges new balls. I've tried going into switch mode and slapping the PF but nothing registered.
Any tips from people who have experienced either of these issues?

No red light on the right side probably means the opto is the issue. I've heard of the loop opto not registering from the ball moving too fast but not the ramp one so I would be surprised if it's working but not picking up the ball. If it's late or intermittent it could be a loose wire or something?

Other than autoplunging a new ball what makes you think it's the pharoah target that's registering? Are you getting the super secret skill shot you'd get from hitting the pharoah target off the plunge?
You can inspect the switches to see if leaves are too close or something is loose but it takes a decent amount of travel to activate those switches on my machine so I'd be surprised if they were the culprit.

#10260 55 days ago

This was definitely the case for me, Trooper and Run to the Hills were the only songs of theirs I cared for before playing the pin. Now I'm a massive fan of theirs, going to see Bruce do a Q&A in January and hopefully see them on tour next year as well. Wish there was room for 5 more songs or so in the game for some post-reunion songs.

#10261 55 days ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Thanks, I'm glad you dig those characters up there!!
There's a few folks who sell this kind of stuff, this one group sells a lot of different type characters, most of which will fit in that area. Here's a link to their shop on Etsy. This will definitely get you in the right direction.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/SonOfThePharaohCA?ref=yr_purchases
...and here's another group that sells similar type mini statues.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/VintageVeronese?ref=yr_purchases
As far as the pyramids go, there's a lot of different vendors with a lot of different styles that are available. A lot of really cool stuff. Etsy is a pretty dangerous site with a pretty deep rabbit hole, so watch out, but here's a link just looking for miniature Egyptian pyramids, haha
https://www.etsy.com/search?q=miniature%20egyptian%20pyramid%20set

The clairvoyant figure, you said you got it from a grab bag type thing? Does that mean there's no way to just buy it?

Quoted from Taygeta:

This was definitely the case for me, Trooper and Run to the Hills were the only songs of theirs I cared for before playing the pin. Now I'm a massive fan of theirs, going to see Bruce do a Q&A in January and hopefully see them on tour next year as well. Wish there was room for 5 more songs or so in the game for some post-reunion songs.

This was the same for me. I only knew trooper and run to the hills from Rock Band and guitar hero. I'm glad it turned out that all of the songs on the machine are pretty awesome.

#10262 55 days ago

Thanks man, I'm glad you dig the clairvoyant character add-on!
About the mystery box, yeah, that's correct. The character(s) comes with a lower half of her body, but to put it where I wanted it, I cut her in half and designed a small tab to hook to the screw behind her. They come from Iron Maiden Legacy of the Beast Series/Wave 1 mystery boxes. There's 10 or so characters, and It's just a matter of luck who / what you get.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Iron+Maiden+legacy+of+the+beast+mystery+box&source=hp&ei=fpSiYbvLHsW8tAa_446wCA

#10263 55 days ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Thanks man, I'm glad you dig the clairvoyant character add-on!
About the mystery box, yeah, that's correct. The character(s) comes with a lower half of her body, but to put it where I wanted it, I cut her in half and designed a small tab to hook to the screw behind her. They come from Iron Maiden Legacy of the Beast Series/Wave 1 mystery boxes. There's 10 or so characters, and It's just a matter of luck who / what you get.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Iron+Maiden+legacy+of+the+beast+mystery+box&source=hp&ei=fpSiYbvLHsW8tAa_446wCA

Thanks, just found this guy on ebay with them for $30.

ebay.com link: itm

#10264 55 days ago

No red light on the right side probably means the opto is the issue. I've heard of the loop opto not registering from the ball moving too fast but not the ramp one so I would be surprised if it's working but not picking up the ball. If it's late or intermittent it could be a loose wire or something?

This is what I suspect as well. I'll open it up when I get home and follow the wiring--thanks for the "confirmation" on what I suspected as well.

Other than autoplunging a new ball what makes you think it's the pharoah target that's registering? Are you getting the super secret skill shot you'd get from hitting the pharoah target off the plunge?
You can inspect the switches to see if leaves are too close or something is loose but it takes a decent amount of travel to activate those switches on my machine so I'd be surprised if they were the culprit.

Excellent question. To be clear, the only reason I suspect it's the pharaoh target is during gameplay I sometimes get a "cymbal/gong crash" sound that repeats several times in a row before stopping and *I think* it also registers "Eddie" letters. Separately, my high score of bullseye targets is unusually high given how long my games are but those are two are the only clues I have right now. Any other thoughts on what it might be?

Great idea on the leaf switches--I'll begin there...

#10265 55 days ago
Quoted from Anony:

Thanks, just found this guy on ebay with them for $30.
ebay.com link: itm

Awesome. Yeah there's a few pretty cool characters in that set. Getting the complete set, you know you'll get the character you're looking for, and maybe some ideas for the others.

#10266 55 days ago
Quoted from Biju:

This is what I suspect as well. I'll open it up when I get home and follow the wiring--thanks for the "confirmation" on what I suspected as well.

Excellent question. To be clear, the only reason I suspect it's the pharaoh target is during gameplay I sometimes get a "cymbal/gong crash" sound that repeats several times in a row before stopping and *I think* it also registers "Eddie" letters. Separately, my high score of bullseye targets is unusually high given how long my games are but those are two are the only clues I have right now. Any other thoughts on what it might be?
Great idea on the leaf switches--I'll begin there...

Put the game in switch test mode, safety switch pulled out,
and hit your left and right flipper. You will see EOS and flipper but you may see something else vibration is setting off . Look carefully as it will flash on the screen only a millisecond . It will probably be a leaf switch that needs adjusting.

#10267 55 days ago

ChipScott Are your pin blades the holograffix ones or the standard ones?

#10268 55 days ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Iron Maiden puts on one of, if not the best, live shows you can ever attend.

Agreed!! Up the Irons!!!

#10269 55 days ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

-Pingraffix side blades.
-Custom apron cards.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great job! Can I ask where you picked this up?

pasted_image (resized).png
#10270 55 days ago

Was working on replacing the plastics and posts yesterday on the top right section and this part seemed to come off somewhere. Any ideas where it belongs? Thanks for the assistance.

54F3818E-C9E5-49CD-B8D7-51D25BCC4A3A (resized).jpeg68304241-8C0C-48B0-9725-5ABAF6779B0E (resized).jpeg
#10271 55 days ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Was working on replacing the plastics and posts yesterday on the top right section and this part seemed to come off somewhere. Any ideas where it belongs? Thanks for the assistance.[quoted image][quoted image]

That keeps your 555 LED secure in the spotlight. Stern started using those a few years ago.

#10272 55 days ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

-Pingraffix side blades.
-Custom apron cards.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"a5ac91bddf4383a99965fe6c79fe29ebe2467645-1638108488-1800"};
//]]>

If money is no object, this guy in Germany does amazing work. More airbrush than powdercoating but next level.

4135198D-1864-4C29-B340-0789C6387D50 (resized).png
#10274 55 days ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

That keeps your 555 LED secure in the spotlight. Stern started using those a few years ago.

Quoted from Mudflaps:

Thanks, guess it wasn't installed properly as the bulb never came out.

#10275 55 days ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

If money is no object, this guy in Germany does amazing work. More airbrush than powdercoating but next level.[quoted image]

I have his thread marked as a favorite. Yeah, this guy does some of the most amazing airbrush/powder coat work I've seen for pinball. I have shared his thread with others as well. Have you had the opportunity to work with him!!?? If so, that's so awesome I'd love to see pics!!... Unless that pick above is yours?! I definitely saw that work posted when he did it, and that is freaking amazing.
I wonder what is cost of work is... I can't imagine, especially these days with covid, what shipping is to get it back. I'm sure it would be one heck of a price, but man oh man, agreed, some of the most amazing work.

#10276 55 days ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

ChipScott Are your pin blades the holograffix ones or the standard ones?

Those are the standard ones on the IMDN above.
I have used the light up version in the past on my Black Knight that I sold earlier this year. They were really cool, no doubt.

#10277 55 days ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I have his thread marked as a favorite. Yeah, this guy does some of the most amazing airbrush/powder coat work I've seen for pinball. I have shared his thread with others as well. Have you had the opportunity to work with him!!?? If so, that's so awesome I'd love to see pics!!
I wonder what is cost of work is... I can't imagine, especially these days with covid, what shipping is to get it back. I'm sure it would be one heck of a price, but man oh man, agreed, some of the most amazing work.

Never used him before. If it is a game you plan to keep, might be worth it. Best to contact him for price. I know he is in Germany.

#10278 55 days ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Great job! Can I ask where you picked this up? [quoted image]

Mudflaps shared the Mezel Mods purchase link above for this. Because I went around this game and either exchanged or painted most hardware black and or metallic gold (depending on location), I did also paint the metal base flaps of that archway (that extends forward a bit to fasten to the ramp screws) gold as well, as you can see in the picture.

#10279 55 days ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Never used him before. If it is a game you plan to keep, might be worth it. Best to contact him for price. I know he is in Germany.

I have been giving some serious thought to powder coating, as mentioned above. That distressed British flag designed that he did on that, has been one of the most standout pieces that he's done for Iron Maiden, at least for me. Maybe it might be worthwhile to visit that thread and reach out to him. I can certainly ask, and I'm more than happy to report back his pricing for others to know that information as well, whether I decide to do it or not... But man, that would be so cool...

#10280 55 days ago

Speaking of the spotlight, is there any bulb that would fit it that is appreciably brighter than the one Stern uses? I wouldn't mind brightening that spotlight up

#10281 55 days ago
Quoted from Anony:

Speaking of the spotlight, is there any bulb that would fit it that is appreciably brighter than the one Stern uses? I wouldn't mind brightening that spotlight up

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/5smd-bulbs

Link above^^
These are nice bulbs that are great in spotlights. They're not as "insane" as you might think, haha, but they do offer just a bit more light across the playfield, more so than some of their other 1-2SMD bulbs.
The 4-SMDs are also nice (link below).
I'd recommend getting a couple-few of each, and see which one you prefer. You can get them in the style white that you are using on your GI.

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/4smd-bulbs

You can also consider doubling up your spotlights at one particular attachment (similar to picture shown in the link below), or having them spaced out with additional post in between (which allows a little further ambient light travel from the above spot). Can still utilize the bulbs linked above.

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/spotlight-kit

#10282 54 days ago

I just reapplied the orbit protector with the 3m tape and I think I have a good way of doing it.

I removed the plastic covering the left ramp. That was enough for me but if your hands are big you might want to remove the pharoah back drop plastic. The left side of the center ramp is really in the way but that seems like much more of a pain to remove.

I removed all of the backing tape rather than just peeling the corner like Stern recommends. Then holding it with my left hand on the left side I angled it down and aimed the right end for the white nylon pin. That's the best way to know you're in the right spot since it has a cut out for the pin. Once that side is touching the right place use both hands to guide it down along the right rail and into place.

Small hands help.

I also managed to get my playfield up without using the hydraulic cart. Who needs a roof anyways

PXL_20211127_222547817 (resized).jpg
#10283 54 days ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I have his thread marked as a favorite. Yeah, this guy does some of the most amazing airbrush/powder coat work I've seen for pinball. I have shared his thread with others as well. Have you had the opportunity to work with him!!?? If so, that's so awesome I'd love to see pics!!... Unless that pick above is yours?! I definitely saw that work posted when he did it, and that is freaking amazing.

Would you mind sharing the link to his thread, I can't find it, and you guys are right, his work looks amazing!

#10284 54 days ago
Quoted from Hammerhead1550:

Would you mind sharing the link to his thread, I can't find it, and you guys are right, his work looks amazing!

Sure, the link to his thread is below. Yeah, his work is amazing for sure.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/airbrush-body-kits-for-pinballs-star-warsghostbusters-and-more

#10285 53 days ago

Just an update to my last post.
Added an ancient Egyptian book to cover the raw backside of the exposed opto board at the right ramp (behind the spotlight post), added a tomb treasure chest aside the figures in the back left (has gold and colored jewels inside that sparkle with the backboard and spotlights), added a small, appropriately-fitted Egyptian tablet in-between the left and center loops (to cover the wires from the planes and switch wires) and added a partial wall backing to the right ramp arch with hieroglyphics (to add a little mystery to the right ramp entrance).
I'm really happy with how it all turned out.
I included a full pf view to show the full setup and despite these add-ons, there's no visually obscured areas...everything seems to fit nicely and on theme (at least to me, haha).

1 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg
#10286 53 days ago

Quick help needed.

Can someone confirm the resting position of the left ramp wireform?

I took it off to replace some leds and when reinstalling I have noticed that in its resting position it is elevated before bolting it down.

Looks normal to me but want to make sure I am not missing anything

0BDEB6D6-19D5-49C5-990A-5DE2C31D9B72 (resized).jpeg1BF6D649-CB8C-4C4C-9E46-B625E6BAC5F2 (resized).jpeg8FC93A3F-8670-427C-A50A-6C86382722A9 (resized).jpeg
#10287 53 days ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Just an update to my last post.
Added an ancient Egyptian book to cover the raw backside of the exposed opto board at the right ramp (behind the spotlight post), added a tomb treasure chest aside the figures in the back left (has gold and colored jewels inside that sparkle with the backboard and spotlights), added a small, appropriately-fitted Egyptian tablet in-between the left and center loops (to cover the wires from the planes and switch wires) and added a partial wall backing to the right ramp arch with hieroglyphics (to add a little mystery to the right ramp entrance).
I'm really happy with how it all turned out.
I included a full pf view to show the full setup and despite these add-ons, there's no visually obscured areas...everything seems to fit nicely and on theme (at least to me, haha).
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like the book for covering up the opto, that's a nice touch. With so many toys and the crazy air balls this table can get do you ever smash into them with the ball? I'd be worried some of them will end up getting taken out.

Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Quick help needed.
I took it off to replace some leds and when reinstalling I have noticed that in its resting position it is elevated before bolting it down.
Looks normal to me but want to make sure I am not missing anything [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mine do the same. I have the old defective ramps still but I think they'd be the same in this regard.

#10288 53 days ago
Quoted from Anony:

I like the book for covering up the opto, that's a nice touch. With so many toys and the crazy air balls this table can get do you ever smash into them with the ball? I'd be worried some of them will end up getting taken out.

Mine do the same. I have the old defective ramps still but I think they'd be the same in this regard.

Thanks!! Everything is either out of the ballpath (hovering above) and/or protected by either ramps, wireforms, posts or plastics, so everything is safe!!
Many games played since adding the features that I posted with no issues, busted bits or moving parts or pieces.

#10289 53 days ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Quick help needed.
Looks normal to me but want to make sure I am not missing anything [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Normal. Secure the center post in the most natural position coming from the ramp, and then once secured, push the last part of the ramp down to the sling post, center it to the inlane, secure the 8-32 hex nut and you're good to go! Don't forget to replace the washers (that you would have removed at the time of removing your wireform, to protect your plastic and such).

#10290 53 days ago

thanks everyone!

#10291 53 days ago
Quoted from Anony:

Just wanted to follow up on this since new owners might fall into the same trap.

I followed the opto and it appeared they just weren't completely aligned. Once aligned I haven't had the issue again. I'm still not sure why there's no red light on that side though.

As for the pharaoh issue, I was fully ready to pull the leaf switches apart when I noticed a half-out screw on the back wood where the switches are. Tightened it and the leaf assembly became "stable"--all has been good since. I suppose my PSA for new machines would be to get in the game and really look for any poorly tightened screws, etc. as this is the second piece I found not fully tightened.

Thanks again for the help troubleshooting.

#10292 53 days ago
Quoted from Biju:

Just wanted to follow up on this since new owners might fall into the same trap.
I followed the opto and it appeared they just weren't completely aligned. Once aligned I haven't had the issue again. I'm still not sure why there's no red light on that side though.
As for the pharaoh issue, I was fully ready to pull the leaf switches apart when I noticed a half-out screw on the back wood where the switches are. Tightened it and the leaf assembly became "stable"--all has been good since. I suppose my PSA for new machines would be to get in the game and really look for any poorly tightened screws, etc. as this is the second piece I found not fully tightened.
Thanks again for the help troubleshooting.

sound advice,theres always a few loose items.

#10293 53 days ago

Thanks for the link, his stuff looks incredible! I wish he was in the U.S.

#10294 52 days ago

I thought some of you would get a kick out of this, especially since this pin is based on the Iron Maiden comic series. Marvel and Iron Maiden have announced an officially licensed product line. So far it's just clothing, but I'm hoping more comes if it. I love how in the press release Eddie is characterized as a superhero.

Press release info. here: https://www.kerrang.com/amp/iron-maiden-and-marvel-launch-new-collab-in-time-for-the-holidays

ETA this Deadpool / Somewhere In Time mashup is great.

iron-maiden-x-marvel-deadpool-sweater (resized).png
#10295 52 days ago
Quoted from medeski7:

I thought some of you would get a kick out of this, especially since this pin is based on the Iron Maiden comic series. Marvel and Iron Maiden have announced an officially licensed product line. So far it's just clothing, but I'm hoping more comes if it. I love how in the press release Eddie is characterized as a superhero.
Press release info. here: https://www.kerrang.com/amp/iron-maiden-and-marvel-launch-new-collab-in-time-for-the-holidays

It's neat but I can't be the only one totally tired of Marvel at this point. The brand is beyond saturated. The only one that died faster was Star Wars in the hands of Disney.

#10296 52 days ago
Quoted from medeski7:

ETA this Deadpool / Somewhere In Time mashup is great. [quoted image]

I’m digging it! That’s our 2 favorites and they’re both downstairs .Thanks I’ll be sporting one soon

#10297 52 days ago
Quoted from medeski7:

Pretty damn cool .

70FE7F06-87DC-43D6-ADAB-0516B5FF82E3 (resized).png
#10298 52 days ago
Quoted from medeski7:

Always a good combo

20211116_215438 (resized).jpg
#10299 52 days ago
Quoted from Anony:

I have been looking however no luck
LED tech has come a long way
There must be something good available by now ?

#10300 52 days ago
Quoted from RA77:

I have been looking however no luck
LED tech has come a long way
There must be something good available by now ?

Comet has lots of options that will be brighter than the stock 2-SMDs.

There are 10,729 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 215.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside