(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,283 posts
  • 795 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 minutes ago by Hammerhead1550
  • Topic is favorited by 363 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20211127_222547817 (resized).jpg
4135198D-1864-4C29-B340-0789C6387D50 (resized).png
54F3818E-C9E5-49CD-B8D7-51D25BCC4A3A (resized).jpeg
68304241-8C0C-48B0-9725-5ABAF6779B0E (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
mn62 (resized).jpg
mn61 (resized).jpg
mn52 (resized).jpg
mn51 (resized).jpg
mn33 (resized).jpg
mn32 (resized).jpg
mn1 (resized).jpg
DAF2C240-EAA3-4E80-9AF1-23A0D8C5B04F (resized).jpeg
16378564804197313728967811444588 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 206.
#10201 5 days ago

I'm interested in the achievements but can't really justify the cost of the new apron with the QR reader. Being in Canada it's going to be over $300 after exchange and shipping, maybe more since it's a whole apron. It would have been nice if they gave us a software way of logging into a single account on home systems.

This stuff feels very sticky, definitely better than the original stuff. I also noticed there was barely any adhesive on mine on the very tip where it lifts.

PXL_20211123_205453031 (resized).jpg
#10202 5 days ago

Oh how engaging. What joy.

If someone who is getting IC could test if CIPWM stays enabled if an IC is connected, configured, disabled and disconnected from it would be much appreciated.

#10203 5 days ago
Quoted from Anony:

I'm interested in the achievements but can't really justify the cost of the new apron with the QR reader. Being in Canada it's going to be over $300 after exchange and shipping, maybe more since it's a whole apron. It would have been nice if they gave us a software way of logging into a single account on home systems.
This stuff feels very sticky, definitely better than the original stuff. I also noticed there was barely any adhesive on mine on the very tip where it lifts.
[quoted image]

yes, and the adhesive properties improve after a few hours, still, it easily comes off with isopropyl alcohol.
Tip, next time just get the wider tape. Ebay has it for cheap, it just takes a little longer to arrive.

#10204 4 days ago

Well, I can’t in good conscious listen to or play pinball with my favorite band anymore after watching this. Might be time to sell.

#10205 4 days ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

The pro just got a lot better! but it sucks for le/prem owners... this game is a pro though...

It doesn't suck for prem/LE owners, nothing changed on our games. If anything, I want the pro games to have it because it makes scores more comparable between models. Assuming this replaced the power jackpot boost tomb award (if not, how is it implemented?)

I've considered disabling madness on my prem, it doesn't advance anything else in the game and I'm more intrigued by setting up the power jackpot boost for a big payoff. Madness is more woodchoppy.

#10206 4 days ago

So the premium /Le code is a nothing ?doesnt hurt but doesnt help ??

#10207 4 days ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

So the premium /Le code is a nothing ?doesnt hurt but doesnt help ??

it is pixie dust, you put it in, spend $200 on IC and then get annoying badges showing up on the screen every now and then. lol

I don't know, I think the IC feature might take off but a lot of effort will have to be put on the software. I suspect the whole IC feature will die off in 12 months, will become an optional thing and people will opt out.

#10208 4 days ago

I don't know, I think the IC feature might take off but a lot of effort will have to be put on the software. I suspect the whole IC feature will die off in 12 months, will become an optional thing and people will opt out.

I was thinking the same thing, except they might start using it to charge for updates like they just did for the pro.

#10209 4 days ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Because software and software updates are Stern's strong suit...... I really don't want to install these updates on my machines if it will lead to pesky QR codes/ad's. Was hoping for more improvements in game play. I agree it will die on the vine.

#10210 4 days ago

It's not going anywhere. Personally, as of right now I don't find it all that exciting. However, my local spot has IMDN and GZ with the scanners, and people are eating it up.

#10211 4 days ago
Quoted from ectobar:

It's not going anywhere. Personally, as of right now I don't find it all that exciting. However, my local spot has IMDN and GZ with the scanners, and people are eating it up.

Makes sense since there is no cost to entry for a general user. It's pure upside if you're just a player.
Makes me wonder though since they seem to be targeting the home owner more than the owner operator these days.

Letting us sign in without the QR code reader at home would be a great way of getting people invested in this system without having to shell out money.

#10212 4 days ago

Yeah I don't see myself buying the kit for my Sterns but will definitely scan in on location.

#10213 4 days ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yeah I don't see myself buying the kit for my Sterns but will definitely scan in on location.

Have they released the price of the upgrade kit yet?

#10214 4 days ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Have they released the price of the upgrade kit yet?

$200

#10215 4 days ago

I have been so very lucky to score a IM and GZ within a week of each other. Both are my favorites.
The QR reader is nice on GZ but I can't see upgrading in the home environment so save your money or visit Wizard mods for some nice stuff .
Just one question, I can't backhand right flipper and make right ramp except for half way. Is this normal or should I adjust something?

#10216 4 days ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I can't backhand right flipper and make right ramp except for half way. Is this normal or should I adjust something?

If that right flipper feels weak v left first check the coil stops.
Had similar issue.

#10217 4 days ago

Weird question: the version jumped from 1.08 to 1.10 however as far as I can tell there seems to be only IC updates (plus the mode enhancement for Pro models), some firmware updates, and tour dates. In my previous profession this would typically indicate there's another software update lurking back there but they pushed the IC update out first.

Does anyone know if there is going to be a "real" code update in the near future?

#10218 4 days ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Just one question, I can't backhand right flipper and make right ramp except for half way. Is this normal or should I adjust something?

Not backhandable on mine.

Quoted from Biju:

Does anyone know if there is going to be a "real" code update in the near future?

Doubt anyone actually knows. I wouldn't expect any more substantial updates, but I guess you never know as they might to help the connected sales.

#10219 4 days ago

The code update in december of 2020 was pretty substantial. If they do more updates in the future, my guess is probably not much for rule changes, mostly IC fixes and possibly additional achievements / rewards. If they create a payment network with IC for operators, possibly some updates for that. This is all a guess though.

#10220 4 days ago
Quoted from Biju:

Weird question: the version jumped from 1.08 to 1.10 however as far as I can tell there seems to be only IC updates (plus the mode enhancement for Pro models), some firmware updates, and tour dates. In my previous profession this would typically indicate there's another software update lurking back there but they pushed the IC update out first.

I remember reading in another topic that they may do internal code updates that are not released to the public, so we may have just jumped a version if 1.09 was some smaller updates that they didn't get around to releasing or didn't bother to release on its own.

#10221 4 days ago

Looking for code for Premium V1.08.00 Dated 12/22/20 can anyone help me out. ?

#10222 4 days ago
Quoted from potgar96:

Looking for code for Premium V1.08.00 Dated 12/22/20 can anyone help me out. ?

Why? Only minor changes were made to 1.10 and most were hardware/software updates. No downside to this update.

#10223 4 days ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Why? Only minor changes were made to 1.10 and most were hardware/software updates. No downside to this update.

I dont like the scoring up to BALL 2 when the other players are removed.

#10224 4 days ago
Quoted from Biju:

I just saw someone on facebook post that their new machine came with 1.09 code so that must be what they used internally for the Stern IC enabled machines.

#10225 4 days ago

I think it's great that the Pro owners have a new mode, I don't mind at all, it is about time Pro owners got some love.

I have a Premium and I'd like to see more improvements to this game, most especially a 'challenge' mode like in Mando, 'impossible', 'monster' or some of the extended competition modes like in TMNT.

#10226 4 days ago

I finally got a decent video of the air ball. It looks like the ball is going along the outside rail, kicking up onto the left rail and then out. Not sure how to fix that one. I guess I'll just wait for the new ones to arrive.

https://gfycat.com/glossyremotekronosaurus

#10227 4 days ago
Quoted from Anony:

I finally got a decent video of the air ball. It looks like the ball is going along the outside rail, kicking up onto the left rail and then out. Not sure how to fix that one. I guess I'll just wait for the new ones to arrive.

In slowmo it looked to me like the wireform had a lot of sway. Something could be loose, not just the wireform itself but whatever its attached to like sling post it's allowing the wireform to sway left and right more than it should. The sling plastic moved a lot. Is the bolt through the playfield that secures the sling post from under the playfield tight to the playfield?

The sway could just throw it out, but it could also let it clip something like that rubber visible behind the elbow where it starts to ride up the side of the rail.

#10228 4 days ago
Quoted from Anony:

The first bend seems to be the issue, the ball is pushed towards the left, it rides the guide and bounces off the link. Need a slower video to be sure.
The ball turn on the bend is over corrected I suppose and it should ride the right side more, which is why the right side is taller.

#10229 3 days ago
Quoted from Anony:

What's the pitch set at?

#10230 3 days ago

Your wireform is bent. Pay particular attention to the area in red.

PXL_20211125_000706302~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20211125_000734648 (resized).jpg
#10231 3 days ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Your wireform is bent. Pay particular attention to the area in red.
[quoted image][quoted image]

It might even be the right side, up by the bend. The ball heads to the left side on the way down. Wonder if the rail is tilted side-to-side?
pasted_image (resized).png pasted_image (resized).png

#10232 3 days ago

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have to check them all.

Pitch is around 7 degrees, maybe a tad more. The top of the bubble is just over the line on the level.

#10233 3 days ago

Wonder if the right rail has the same problem as some of the left rails: The side-to-side supports being notched into the wireform too deep, causing the ball to hit them and go airborne. The ball looks like it's out of whack coming out of the upper bend.

#10234 3 days ago
Quoted from Anony:

Pitch is around 7 degrees, maybe a tad more. The top of the bubble is just over the line on the level.

Mind shooting a closeup picture of that upper bend?

#10235 3 days ago
Quoted from Anony:

Pitches in the 6.8-7 range is pretty common preference for IMDN compared to a lot of it's contemporaries and the stern boilerplate of 6.5, but there is a noticable increase in the ball doing stuff like jumping out of wireforms or bouncing back from the bullseye down the ramp the higher it gets. I don't think I've heard anyone intentionally going past 7. I tried 7 for awhile but went back to 6.8 after having too many balls rebound in stupid ways and a few rail jumps. I forget what Elwin said he keeps his at. It might have been 7, but it definitely wasn't higher than that.

#10236 3 days ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Mind shooting a closeup picture of that upper bend?

I can, but I actually did notice the ball was touching those supports and I've already ground them down. I was sure it was that but it's still flying out, so it seems to be going off somewhere else.

I would shoot another video with a higher frame rate to try and see it better but Stern is already sending me replacements so I've held off on putting too much effort into figuring it out.

Quoted from craif:

Pitches in the 6.8-7 range is pretty common preference for IMDN compared to a lot of it's contemporaries and the stern boilerplate of 6.5, but there is a noticable increase in the ball doing stuff like jumping out of wireforms or bouncing back from the bullseye down the ramp the higher it gets. I don't think I've heard anyone intentionally going past 7. I tried 7 for awhile but went back to 6.8 after having 2 many balls rebound in stupid ways and a few rail jumps. I forget what Elwin said he keeps his at. It might have been 7, but it definitely wasn't higher than that.

That's good to know. I do get a lot of crazy air balls off of that middle ramp which I'd like to minimize so I might bring the pitch down. But Stern has acknowledged the ramps on games in my production batch were faulty so I'm hoping it's 99% that and not the pitch.

#10237 3 days ago
Quoted from Anony:

...I would shoot another video with a higher frame rate to try and see it better but Stern is already sending me replacements so I've held off on putting too much effort into figuring it out...

Yeah, don't blame you. But definitely compare that area to the new part when you get it and let us know if you spot anything.

#10238 3 days ago

Got a NIB Pro Tuesday and currently loving it.
Not sure if it's functioning correctly though.
When lock is lit on the orbits and I shoot the ball up the left orbit it doesn't always catch the ball with the right up post. Is this normal or is there a problem.
Spinner appears to function correctly and so does the post, when running in test.
Also when starting an Eddie battle sometimes the ball exits our via the right orbit instead of coming to rest on the left up post. Game is level and set at about 6.8.
Metal plate factory fitted at rear of ramp curling up already.
Any help appreciated

16378564804197313728967811444588 (resized).jpg
#10239 3 days ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

When lock is lit on the orbits and I shoot the ball up the left orbit it doesn't always catch the ball with the right up post. Is this normal or is there a problem.
Spinner appears to function correctly and so does the post, when running in test.
Also when starting an Eddie battle sometimes the ball exits our via the right orbit instead of coming to rest on the left up post. Game is level and set at about 6.8.
Any help appreciated [quoted image]

Where does the ball go when you shoot up the left orbit and it doesn't catch? There are actually two posts, if you shoot the left orbit the nylon post in the back should be coming up to stop it and it will roll down and sit on the rubber post.

The ball can go just about anywhere off of the middle ramp shot. Many modes are set up to have the ball sit on the post while the mode loads and then the post drops and delivers the ball, but you'll find the ball roll out the right side or somewhere else rather than sitting there somewhat often. Not a big deal, the game typically notices if anything is hit while the ball is supposed to be there and starts the mode right away.

#10240 3 days ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

Any help appreciated [quoted image]

Both of these things happen on occasion to me. The ball lock issue happens very rarely like it didn’t catch it in time with everything else going on.

As far as the ball not going to the left orbit post when hitting the center ramp, that happens as well on mine. About 1 out of 5 will come down the right orbit or the left loop even.

#10241 3 days ago

Thanks guys. That puts my mind at rest. Sometimes when I shoot up the left orbit it just goes straight round and out of the right. I just need to check to see if it is registering the lock, but as you say, too busy processing other things on the playfield.

#10242 3 days ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

Thanks guys. That puts my mind at rest. Sometimes when I shoot up the left orbit it just goes straight round and out of the right. I just need to check to see if it is registering the lock, but as you say, too busy processing other things on the playfield.

I've never had this. I actually get the opposite where it triggers the lock without he ball actually making it up there.

Try to notice next time if the lock actually triggers but the ball goes through or if it's not triggering at all. That should tell you if it's the post not coming up or the switch not triggering.

#10243 3 days ago
Quoted from Anony:

I've never had this. I actually get the opposite where it triggers the lock without he ball actually making it up there.
Try to notice next time if the lock actually triggers but the ball goes through or if it's not triggering at all. That should tell you if it's the post not coming up or the switch not triggering.

Got my mate coming over later, so I can watch him and see what happens. Hard to see when I'm playing, it cam be a bet frenetic

#10244 3 days ago

Alright, it's taken me a week of playing this game to now consider it completely bolted to the floor. This is such an amazing game and apparently I love deep rulesets. Broke a bill for the first time the other day.

Does anyone have favorites for score/price replacement cards? Those yellow cards are finally making my eyes sore.

#10245 3 days ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

This is a known issue, it happens when the ball has so much speed that it passes the loop opto too high so that it doesn’t block the opto beam completely. PU parts in Germany sells an upgrade kit to fix this issue: https://pu-parts.com/iron-maiden-pu-upgrade-kit

You can also block a part of the opto receiver yourself with non transparant tape.

But I can highly recommend the kit from PU parts because it also includes a ball deflector.

#10246 3 days ago
Quoted from Sjoend:

This is a known issue, it happens when the ball has so much speed that it passes the loop opto too high so that it doesn’t block the opto beam completely. PU parts in Germany sells an upgrade kit to fix this issue: https://pu-parts.com/iron-maiden-pu-upgrade-kit
You can also block a part of the opto receiver yourself with non transparant tape.
But I can highly recommend the kit from PU parts because it also includes a ball deflector.

Isn't the left LOOP the one with the opto? He's talking left orbit which has the trooper ball lock. I'm pretty sure it is recognized by the spinner because you can hit the spinner softly and activate the ball lock without going up behind the post.

#10247 2 days ago
Quoted from Anony:

Isn't the left LOOP the one with the opto? He's talking left orbit which has the trooper ball lock. I'm pretty sure it is recognized by the spinner because you can hit the spinner softly and activate the ball lock without going up behind the post.

You are right the opto fix kit was to improve the registration of high speed loop shots my bat…sorry I’m getting old and it’s been too long ago that we have discussed these issues…

#10248 2 days ago

After two months of ownership. Best I’ve done so far. Also what’s the “ UFO” leaderboard?

DAF2C240-EAA3-4E80-9AF1-23A0D8C5B04F (resized).jpeg
#10249 1 day ago

Hey fellow Iron Maiden owners, quick question. I scrolled and searched around, but wasn't 100% sure I found the answer: I own a Pro, and when I was at a location that had a Premium, I noticed a cool lighting effect during Fear of the Dark. The playfield actually got very dark, and brightened up when I hit the "You Found the Light" shots. Is this effect PinStadium lighting drives? I didn't notice the game even had those installed, so I wanted to double-check that it wasn't a stock Premium feature I wasn't aware of previously. Thanks!

#10250 1 day ago
Quoted from MaxAsh:

Hey fellow Iron Maiden owners, quick question. I scrolled and searched around, but wasn't 100% sure I found the answer: I own a Pro, and when I was at a location that had a Premium, I noticed a cool lighting effect during Fear of the Dark. The playfield actually got very dark, and brightened up when I hit the "You Found the Light" shots. Is this effect PinStadium lighting drives? I didn't notice the game even had those installed, so I wanted to double-check that it wasn't a stock Premium feature I wasn't aware of previously. Thanks!

Pro does that. Premium has some red g.i. as well.

There are 10,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 206.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside