(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,809 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

25d6415bd4f5ee62b5604e3e73d30ef0bdc2c8d0 (resized).jpg
72038EF4-8215-4C19-B733-688FFB33D320 (resized).jpeg
8820CDAA-4B0B-4D67-844D-8D3197E44344 (resized).jpeg
B267A7B9-3222-426E-B14A-09BCED66716E (resized).jpeg
EEEBA8AA-85EA-4EBE-9123-16F1A419FDC4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6704 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8444 (resized).jpeg
IMNewtonBallLeaf01 (resized).jpg
IMG_5677 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5676 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,809 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 317.
#10051 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Went with three new songs. Just need to adjust the volume and try to change the on screen icons.

curious on changing the icons, it would really wrap it up nicely.

#10052 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

New glass cover, a lot cheaper than the actual banner, around $15US.
[quoted image]

That looks great! Where did you get it?

#10053 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Yes, but its on " back order" so no idea when im getting it. The build date on my IM was this AUG.

What exactly went wrong with the metal protector you had? I got my IM Sept 15th and was built late August as well.
So what is Stern's answer? Is the replacement thicker or what?

#10054 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

I'm getting mine delivered tomorrow. You want me to check something out on it?

Can you compare the original metal to the one you are receiving? Maybe take a pic of both side by side and post please?
Thanks!

#10055 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

curious on changing the icons, it would really wrap it up nicely.

I can work on programming in the icon change for the song selection. Is someone handy with Photoshop, etc. that could take the song images and cut out the shape and make the background translucent? I will make the file available to anyone that wants it once complete. Here is a sample I was thinking of using for Children of the damned. Thanks for your help!

im children (resized).jpgim children (resized).jpg
#10056 2 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

What exactly went wrong with the metal protector you had? I got my IM Sept 15th and was built late August as well.
So what is Stern's answer? Is the replacement thicker or what?

Left corner keeps sticking up. Making the ball get trapped up there sometimes. Like the tape they used isn't holding it. No, its the same thing so I'm not sure if that will " fix" it or not. For now I just taped it down with scotch tape. Its in the back and under the sarcophagus so cant really see it anyway and its not an eye sore. Its holding up so far. We will see.

#10057 2 years ago

Took the easy route to cleaning up the eye sores. I will say chasing achievements is fun and kind of addicting! Adds another level to the game.

3516C1D5-930D-4366-992B-15EEF4372199 (resized).jpeg3516C1D5-930D-4366-992B-15EEF4372199 (resized).jpeg
#10058 2 years ago
Quoted from Forum-ninja:

Took the easy route to cleaning up the eye sores. I will say chasing achievements is fun and kind of addicting! Adds another level to the game.
[quoted image]

Now get those ugly yellow apron cards changed out

#10059 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

I could use the left side instructions card if you don’t need it anymore.

#10060 2 years ago

Hopefully those QR panels are a work in process, they are F’N unsightly!!

#10061 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

Would you prefer I put this monstrosity back in?

997B568B-D17B-463A-934D-382362286FAD (resized).jpeg997B568B-D17B-463A-934D-382362286FAD (resized).jpeg
#10062 2 years ago
Quoted from Forum-ninja:

[quoted image]

I think he means/suggests just printing some 3rd party cards...plenty of them out there that look great.

#10063 2 years ago
Quoted from Forum-ninja:

[quoted image]

I thought they were adding “new art” to go into scanning spot ?

#10064 2 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Hopefully those QR panels are a work in process, they are F’N unsightly!!

poorly implemented. One of the nicest features on a pinball machine is 50% of what it was before.

Also, it is designed to illuminate a photo of a code that is why it is white/white light emitting - but like really who walks around with a photo of the code?? -... Therefore you do not need a huge white light illuminating your phone screen, as your phone screen emits its own light.

The camera should have been incorporated in the lock down button or next to it, the whole system can be triggered by actually pressing the start button --> turn lock down button light off --> start the camera -- > read the code. A pin hole camera in the centre of the button and you are done.

I solve issues like this for a living, if you were wondering.

#10065 2 years ago
Quoted from Forum-ninja:

[quoted image]

Congrats on getting your pin ! Our household favorite from day 1 in this hobby .Not even Godzilla (after 30 plays at expo) can dethrone IMDN

#10066 2 years ago
Quoted from Forum-ninja:

[quoted image]

haha no, what gogdog said, get some of the printed iron maiden art ones that are out there and it looks a lot better.
PXL_20211017_190740847 (resized).jpgPXL_20211017_190740847 (resized).jpg

#10067 2 years ago

poorly implemented. One of the nicest features on a pinball machine is 50% of what it was before.
Also, it is designed to illuminate a photo of a code that is why it is white/white light emitting - but like really who walks around with a photo of the code?? -... Therefore you do not need a huge white light illuminating your phone screen, as your phone screen emits its own light.
The camera should have been incorporated in the lock down button or next to it, the whole system can be triggered by actually pressing the start button --> turn lock down button light off --> start the camera -- > read the code. A pin hole camera in the centre of the button and you are done.

Should be on the coin door .On top of the bill plate where it’s open .

#10068 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Should be on the coin door .On top of the bill plate where it’s open .

can be there too, but for a user experience point of view it is easier if it is on the top. But yes, anywhere other than the apron!
It could also be part of the start button.

Put it anywhere! just take that shite off the apron.

#10069 2 years ago

In another topic I asked why they put the camera on machine in the first place rather than a QR code on each machine to save on cost. People thought it was so they could do things like paper QR codes. Not sure that justifies it though since doing it through software would make it available to everyone for no cost. They'd probably get more subscriptions that way without the $200 barrier.

#10070 2 years ago

If I didn’t have a IMDN I would buy and deal with it but Im not buying any going forward until that’s worked out .Plenty of old pins I haven’t owned yet ,so I got plenty of time .

#10071 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

In another topic I asked why they put the camera on machine in the first place rather than a QR code on each machine to save on cost. People thought it was so they could do things like paper QR codes. Not sure that justifies it though since doing it through software would make it available to everyone for no cost. They'd probably get more subscriptions that way without the $200 barrier.

I presume it is because they are trying to capture players without cellphones. So you bring a picture of the code and you get to access your account.
I really doubt there was any real data determining this decision, as I believe 95% of the players will have a phone in their pocket.

#10072 2 years ago

I presume it is because they are trying to capture players without cellphones. So you bring a picture of the code and you get to access your account.
I really doubt there was any real data determining this decision, as I believe 95% of the players will have a phone in their pocket.

Yeah this makes sense in a way, but I thought you needed the app or to at least create an account to access the features? It seems like a really small demographic of people who will sign up for something like this but not have a smart phone.

#10073 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

Yeah this makes sense in a way, but I thought you needed the app or to at least create an account to access the features? It seems like a really small demographic of people who will sign up for something like this but not have a smart phone.

exactly.

#10074 2 years ago

I think they're trying to minimize reliance on apps, considering app store requirements and google/apple always trying to get a cut. The current system doesn't even need an app, and all the data is stored on Stern's servers, no need to share with other entities. I'm happy they're keeping this pretty much in-house and avoiding the app and social media ecosystems.

#10075 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I think they're trying to minimize reliance on apps, considering app store requirements and google/apple always trying to get a cut. The current system doesn't even need an app, and all the data is stored on Stern's servers, no need to share with other entities. I'm happy they're keeping this pretty much in-house and avoiding the app and social media ecosystems.

It actually sounds similar to golden tee where you can create an account and you either use an ID number with PIN or swipe a card to log in. Instead of sending people cards Stern just lets you print your QR code.

There's an app as well but it's not required.

#10076 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

The majority will prefer an app over logging into a website because it is proven, practical and standard. If you tell me I have to use my phone, I will assume that an app exists so as a new user I would expect an app in the apple store/google store. That would be my first guess if I needed to figure it out.
If you make me work for my access then forget it, I ain't have time for that nor am I interested.

The whole 'connectivity' feature will have a better chance at surviving the initial hype if it is easily integrated into your daily life (an app on your phone) rather than me spending 10-30 seconds of my life every time I need to use it, finding the website, logging into a page, reveal my QR code, etc.

You do the latter a few times and it gets old quick, people will start abandoning it. Yes you can take a photo of the QR code/print screen and save it in your photos, This also gets old quick as your QR gets buried into a multitude of pictures, you then have to find your code in your library. Try it, it is annoying.

The app should have access to the profile and should allow you to register warranties, manage claims, everything.
This cost money.

The only real way, simple way and preferred way will be the app, or I predict the connectivity feature die off in the next 12 months. haha
Signed,
Pin_Fandangamous

#10077 2 years ago

The whole 'connectivity' feature will have a better chance at surviving the initial hype if it is easily integrated into your daily life (an app on your phone) rather than me spending 10-30 seconds of my life every time I need to use it, finding the website, logging into a page, reveal my QR code, etc.

This is tricky, because a lot of pinball fans do NOT live out of their phone like you're describing. For me it's just as easy to pull a card out of my wallet than to fire up an app and pull the code up there. I've watched folks pay for starbucks with the app and there's been plenty of times the app or phone had issues, slowing down the process a fair bit.

If I was heading into an arcade and planned on using this feature, I'd temporarily make my QR code my lockscreen. Screen on, scan, screen off, done. Giving the player many ways to ID themselves is a good thing. Not everything has to be wrapped up in YAAA (yet another annoying app).

#10078 2 years ago

Each Stern Insider goody bag should have a qr sticker specific to that user to stick on their phone etc.

#10079 2 years ago

Just got it this morning.

16372649004783253268636839085375 (resized).jpg16372649004783253268636839085375 (resized).jpg16372649255458549886374559324012 (resized).jpg16372649255458549886374559324012 (resized).jpg
#10080 2 years ago

Tilt Bob wire is not centered. Any info on correcting that

#10081 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Tilt Bob wire is not centered. Any info on correcting that

I just bend the mounting bracket until I like where it is.

#10082 2 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I just bend the mounting bracket until I like where it is.

That'll work

#10083 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Just got it this morning. August build. [quoted image][quoted image]

#10084 2 years ago

How do I remove the ramps?
I just want to be able to lift them enough to put some mylar under the flaps.
(Or is it overkill?)

#10085 2 years ago

My son was just playing and this piece broke off. Can anybody tell me where it goes

16372706850408274939934812649592 (resized).jpg16372706850408274939934812649592 (resized).jpg
#10086 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

My son was just playing and this piece broke off. Can anybody tell me where it goes
[quoted image]

Underneath the orb shot most likely. There are a few of these domes around the sides though as well.

#10087 2 years ago

Shout out to Mr_Tantrum for helping me with the song name images. Very easy to replace, look just like the originals. Added Gangland, Children of the Damned and Invaders music and song images on start up.

File is available if anyone wants to try it.

0514572F-25D4-470D-B17E-FCB5632ADAC8 (resized).jpeg0514572F-25D4-470D-B17E-FCB5632ADAC8 (resized).jpeg61EEBEEC-C7A0-4826-B095-F4257BA3FCF2 (resized).jpeg61EEBEEC-C7A0-4826-B095-F4257BA3FCF2 (resized).jpeg6C745866-2D79-4407-B86F-2A71828A09ED (resized).jpeg6C745866-2D79-4407-B86F-2A71828A09ED (resized).jpeg
#10088 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Shout out to Mr_Tantrum for helping me with the song name images. Very easy to replace, look just like the originals. Added Gangland, Children of the Damned and Invaders music and song images on start up.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks awesome!

#10089 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

What code version are you running? Swapping a few things around always seemed appealing, but I didn't want to be a guinea pig for 1.08

#10090 2 years ago
Quoted from craif:

What code version are you running? Swapping a few things around always seemed appealing, but I didn't want to be a guinea pig for 1.08

It is running 1.08, has a Sept 2021 build date.

#10091 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Looks great! What songs did you remove? Care to share the file.

#10092 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Very nice, it looks original

#10093 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

That looks great! I'd love to add "The evil that men do", I think it's a great song.

#10094 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

This metal was added in the recent IM runs is the consensus, my August premium has it.

For what it is worth, my pro from May 2018 has the metal protector plate installed. It is starting to curl up after repeated impacts from balls dropping onto it. No hang ups so far.

37A8BDBB-2CC6-49D6-8387-1AF8DF579068 (resized).jpeg37A8BDBB-2CC6-49D6-8387-1AF8DF579068 (resized).jpeg
#10095 2 years ago
Quoted from Skippy2904:

For what it is worth, my pro from May 2018 has the metal protector plate installed. It is starting to curl up after repeated impacts from balls dropping onto it. No hang ups so far.[quoted image]

Thanks for sharing that, I thought it was more recent……my mistake.

#10096 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Looks great! What songs did you remove? Care to share the file.

I will gladly share the file. Just working on song volumes for now so they have the same levels as the other songs. Only works on the Pro.

#10097 2 years ago
Quoted from Hasse:

How do I remove the ramps?
I just want to be able to lift them enough to put some mylar under the flaps.
(Or is it overkill?)

It is not. I do it to all my games.
The only ramp that needs it is the right one, the other one already has mylar.

Wax the pf first!

To remove, the ramps are attached by screws under the pf. Two nuts by the flapper under the pf

#10098 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead1550:

That looks great! I'd love to add "The evil that men do", I think it's a great song.

Easy enough to change the music, just need pinball browser.

#10099 2 years ago

Finally!!
Almost got to fight the devil, but cant get damm mommy card!!!
Lol

For the record and bragging rights. Tilt bob is tight! 6.8 pitch and stock settings everywhere.
Need a nap
43190E88-A422-4A46-B09C-2DA18CBF5E2C (resized).jpeg43190E88-A422-4A46-B09C-2DA18CBF5E2C (resized).jpeg

#10100 2 years ago
Quoted from Skippy2904:

For what it is worth, my pro from May 2018 has the metal protector plate installed. It is starting to curl up after repeated impacts from balls dropping onto it. No hang ups so far.[quoted image]

Weird, my Pro June 2018 build doesn't have it. You buy it new, or did the a prior owner install?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,809 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/202?hl=plungerboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.