(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,838 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 200 of 317.
#9951 2 years ago

play count is 600+ for me now. A couple of updates:

1- the ball launch has been 100% since I adjusted in my last post about it, in a nutshell, overshoot at full power to get close to the small flipper then reduce power to get it to shoot in the middle. It has been great.

2- I've got in two different occasions, balls stuck here:
IMG_6800 (resized).jpegIMG_6800 (resized).jpeg

this was particularly annoying because it ended up ruining a really good game I had going, lol...
I tried adjusting the post but it has nowhere to go, and the ramp does not seem to be out of alignment or anything.

I feel like a custom 3d printed part to go in between the ramp and the post would solve the issue, but I do not own a 3d printer, lol.

Any other ideas?

#9952 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Looks fantastic .Where did you get that ?

eBay FTW-

#9953 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Any other ideas?

Just add a small rubber ring to the lower end of the metal hex post.

#9954 2 years ago

play count is 600+ for me now. A couple of updates:
1- the ball launch has been 100% since I adjusted in my last post about it, in a nutshell, overshoot at full power to get close to the small flipper then reduce power to get it to shoot in the middle. It has been great.
2- I've got in two different occasions, balls stuck here:
[quoted image]
this was particularly annoying because it ended up ruining a really good game I had going, lol...
I tried adjusting the post but it has nowhere to go, and the ramp does not seem to be out of alignment or anything.
I feel like a custom 3d printed part to go in between the ramp and the post would solve the issue, but I do not own a 3d printer, lol.
Any other ideas?

Mine has a cable tie or a little rubber ring around that post that helps punt the ball back into the playfield. I thought it was factory installed but maybe a previous owner added it to mine.

#9955 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

Mine has a cable tie or a little rubber ring around that post that helps punt the ball back into the playfield. I thought it was factory installed but maybe a previous owner added it to mine.

Its factory, my IM is nib and has the cable tie, but the ball still gets stuck there from time to time.

#9956 2 years ago

Here's the targets lit up.

PXL_20211111_141745876 (resized).jpgPXL_20211111_141745876 (resized).jpg
#9957 2 years ago

Looks great

#9958 2 years ago

today I got the two spinners going while on 'fear on the dark', both at the same time and I just happened to have 2X playfield going and holly smokes, ended up the mode and completed it with a total of 2xx.xxx.
Elwin really though out the combos on this game, they are so nice when you get them.
This is by far the most fun packed machine I have owned yet! and I think Godzilla might be a close 2nd for me just because I do not own one and only played it a handful of times but it has a flow that pretty much resembles Iron Maiden and it is just a blast!

Totally agree. Got my Godzilla pro yesterday. My line up is now all 4 Elwins!

#9959 2 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

Totally agree. Got my Godzilla pro yesterday. My line up is now all 4 Elwins!

favorite?

#9960 2 years ago

Here's a random question. Why do you think they use two different style posts on the orbit? The front one is metal with a rubber sleeve and the back one is nylon or some type of plastic. Is the nylon one meant to stop the ball dead since it comes into that orbit pretty fast? If so why not make them both nylon to simplify the BOM?

#9961 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

Here's a random question. Why do you think they use two different style posts on the orbit? The front one is metal with a rubber sleeve and the back one is nylon or some type of plastic. Is the nylon one meant to stop the ball dead since it comes into that orbit pretty fast? If so why not make them both nylon to simplify the BOM?

If I was going to speculate, the front one is located such that its expected to be visible to the player during gameplay while he rear one is hidden from the player. The former gets dressed up to match the color/look/feel of the rest of the playfield decor/machinery while the later is chosen entirely on minimum cost to achieve the functionality.

#9962 2 years ago

anyone know of a place that has side armor in stock?

#9963 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

anyone know of a place that has side armor in stock?

I looked around with no luck .Are those limited ?

#9964 2 years ago
20211111_175415 (resized).jpg20211111_175415 (resized).jpg20211111_175425 (resized).jpg20211111_175425 (resized).jpg
#9965 2 years ago
Quoted from jackhearts:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Did you paint that Anubis ?

#9966 2 years ago
Quoted from jackhearts:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great .I don’t mind throwing $ at this pin as it’s a keeper and let’s face it …Is there a better pin to “mod out?”

#9967 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I looked around with no luck .Are those limited ?

Not sure. They're doing more runs of IM, so I'd think they'd produce more side armor as well

#9968 2 years ago

They are all excellent. But IMDN is the one that would stay if I had to have just one. Dream theme plus simply perfect rules and shots.

#9969 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Did you paint that Anubis ?

Yes.

#9970 2 years ago

Got it straightened out. For now.....

e105cde452e1e8c9d1e2089fb307d97908c722e1 (resized).jpge105cde452e1e8c9d1e2089fb307d97908c722e1 (resized).jpgd3b41e3a3076fb663926e6aedf02f1e49b6a5107 (resized).jpgd3b41e3a3076fb663926e6aedf02f1e49b6a5107 (resized).jpg3a24de21b973fc90ce715c560765f6ae836d3b7e (resized).jpg3a24de21b973fc90ce715c560765f6ae836d3b7e (resized).jpg
#9971 2 years ago

Super, super long. Sorry about that everyone--if I had more time, I would have written a shorter post.

Alright folks, my Pro is currently making its way across the US and about half way here. Very excited to join the club! I'm (unfortunately) too detail oriented and have forced my way through the first 100 pages of this thread with tons and tons of notes. (Additionally, I'm going to read through the "issues" thread after I finish this.)

I wanted to ask a few questions now so I can begin making a few purchases. And with that intro...

What are people using to protect their game? I've read about:
1. Cliffy's: I have a set in my TSPP and love it but I know it changes the game shots. For those of you who have installed them, is there a big difference in how it shoots after install? I've also noticed he's including a carbon fiber orbit protector. I'm guessing this is an upgrade from the mylar back there, but was hoping to get additional insight on this as I haven't read anyone installing it through what I've read so far.

2. Upgrading the corner leg brackets. This one seems obviously good. Any downsides?

3. What are people doing to protect their plastics? I see there are a few options and was particularly interested to see what people think are the best. I'm a little shocked that no set seems complete, but I suppose the slings and inlane plastics are the ones that need to most protection.

4. The Pharaoh shot seems to be highly likely to become damaged over time. It would appear the Pharaoh protector from Mezel is the way to go. Any additional thoughts on this?

And now to the aesthetic/euphonic section:
1. PinMonk lens trees seem obvious. Same with moving away from the cool white LEDs to something warmer (either sunlight or warm white).

2. Are the Pharaoh blinder kits that big of an upgrade to the look back there?

3. I still need to read through the external amp and sub thread but this seems like a smart move for a music pin. I'm just having a difficult time understanding the prioritization of (1) external amp, (2) upgrading the original speakers, and (3) an external sub.

4. I think once out of warranty replacing the "noisy" fan is a good move.

5. I realize there are lots of mods and toys that can be added. I'm just going to ask if there is one that *really* seems above and beyond the favorite. So far in the first 100 it seems people like the Anubis mod, the Orb mod, and then affixing various Eddies into the back corner ramp locations.

6. Given where my pins are located I might need to get the headphone jack setup. Are Sterns the only way to go? I think I've read of a few 3rd party ones that have failed fairly quickly.

Finally, the functional section:
1. Seems like a shaker motor is an obvious upgrade and only a few do not care for it. Sounds like the PBL shaker is the play and the Red Tremor is the one to avoid. Anyone who strongly advocates for the Stern shaker?

2. There is a fair amount of dialing in the auto- and manual-plunger but I've read up on all of those different tweaks. Sounds like a fun afternoon.

3. I read that Keith Elwin has the pitch at 7° and other have theirs in the 7.1 - 7.3 range. Additionally, the (typical) lower degrees seem to feel floaty. Correct?

4. Have folks experienced a significant heat issue with their flippers and degradation of flipper power? Hoping to gain some insight from the vets on this one.

Thanks all! Hopefully someone can correct anything I have very wrong.

#9972 2 years ago
Quoted from Biju:

Super, super long. Sorry about that everyone--if I had more time, I would have written a shorter post.
Alright folks, my Pro is currently making its way across the US and about half way here. Very excited to join the club! I'm (unfortunately) too detail oriented and have forced my way through the first 100 pages of this thread with tons and tons of notes. (Additionally, I'm going to read through the "issues" thread after I finish this.)
I wanted to ask a few questions now so I can begin making a few purchases. And with that intro...
1. Cliffy's: I have a set in my TSPP and love it but I know it changes the game shots. For those of you who have installed them, is there a big difference in how it shoots after install? I've also noticed he's including a carbon fiber orbit protector. I'm guessing this is an upgrade from the mylar back there, but was hoping to get additional insight on this as I haven't read anyone installing it through what I've read so far.
2. Upgrading the corner leg brackets. This one seems obviously good. Any downsides?
3. What are people doing to protect their plastics? I see there are a few options and was particularly interested to see what people think are the best. I'm a little shocked that no set seems complete, but I suppose the slings and inlane plastics are the ones that need to most protection.
4. The Pharaoh shot seems to be highly likely to become damaged over time. It would appear the Pharaoh protector from Mezel is the way to go. Any additional thoughts on this?
1. PinMonk lens trees seem obvious. Same with moving away from the cool white LEDs to something warmer (either sunlight or warm white).
3. I still need to read through the external amp and sub thread but this seems like a smart move for a music pin. I'm just having a difficult time understanding the prioritization of (1) external amp, (2) upgrading the original speakers, and (3) an external sub.
5. I realize there are lots of mods and toys that can be added. I'm just going to ask if there is one that *really* seems above and beyond the favorite. So far in the first 100 it seems people like the Anubis mod, the Orb mod, and then affixing various Eddies into the back corner ramp locations.
6. Given where my pins are located I might need to get the headphone jack setup. Are Sterns the only way to go? I think I've read of a few 3rd party ones that have failed fairly quickly.
1. Seems like a shaker motor is an obvious upgrade and only a few do not care for it. Sounds like the PBL shaker is the play and the Red Tremor is the one to avoid. Anyone who strongly advocates for the Stern shaker?
2. There is a fair amount of dialing in the auto- and manual-plunger but I've read up on all of those different tweaks. Sounds like a fun afternoon.
3. I read that Keith Elwin has the pitch at 7° and other have theirs in the 7.1 - 7.3 range. Additionally, the (typical) lower degrees seem to feel floaty. Correct?
4. Have folks experienced a significant heat issue with their flippers and degradation of flipper power? Hoping to gain some insight from the vets on this one.

Every question has been discussed here. Just use the search function.

#9973 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Every question has been discussed here. Just use the search function.

I guess there are a few questions in there that are more subjective I was hoping to get information on.

Thank you for the suggestion of using the search function for more objective questions.

#9974 2 years ago
Quoted from Biju:

This is a pretty fast game and that ball goes around pretty quick, I think plastic protectors are a good idea. You can find them at pinball life or ULEK sells some. I've not used any Cliffy's on this game.

Shaker motor is a good idea. I recommend pinball life shaker.

I personally like the Pharaoh blinder kit, it focuses the light at his eyes nicely, and it's a pretty quick install. I think getting the orb mod is also a very good mod and really adds a lot to that area. Mezel mods actually has a lot of great stuff.

There are some people that have pro models and quite enjoy the stand-up plastics, but I always prefer 3D figures for my own games. You can exchange those stand up plastics at the pops and right ramp with figures, some of which can be found at some of the pinball sites like pinball life, and you can also find a pretty decent amount on eBay as well. Of note, Pinball life sells both the peace of mind Eddie figure, the plastic he stands on, both of which can be used on a pro model, as well as the same Eddie figure that's on the premium along with the bracket that can be used on the Pro ramp. So technically you can make both of those figures just like the premium / LE if that was your desire. For me, I used the bracket on the right, but I put in a trooper Eddie.

There are some folks that do not like to cover the metal ramps, but I really enjoy the ramp decals that Tilt graphics offers, I think they go really well.

I've owned the game twice, and I've not found the need for corner leg protectors. Similarly, I'm not bothered at all by the fan, when you first turn the game on you can hear the fan, but otherwise the games sounds music are loud enough that you literally would never hear the fan, at least not from my perspective and experience. Speaking of sound, external sub I think is a great idea for this game (and others). I used the Pinnovators external sub board that they offer from their site with the recommended sub, which is 10" Polk sub, and it rocks. For my game, I also upgraded the back box and cabinet sub to Flipper Fidelity speakers, and it really took everything up a notch, I liked it before but I love how everything sounds now.

I do think that the insert gels that PinMonk is offering are really nice. Especially the larger fireball loop and center inserts. There's so many colors, I actually kept the mode inserts white, because it stands out a bit more, actually. He is also making that Tibetan fan, which I installed, and been quite pleased. He's really doing some nice stuff, really good quality and easy install.

Congrats on the new game. It's awesome. It's a fun game to mod, if that's your thing. As far as just gameplay itself, the shots and the code and the speed are hands down just one of the best.

#9975 2 years ago
Quoted from Biju:

It's a good idea regardless. That stock fan is annoying.

#9976 2 years ago
Quoted from Biju:

Another neurotic person like me lol. I also read most of this topic before my game came, read the rest after. Here are my thoughts.

1. I don't think the cliffy's are worth it on the pro. There is already a metal orbit protector that comes factory installed and that's the only really useful piece in the kit. If the metal protector starts to lift or wear you can get the cliffy one.
3. The goodie bag for mine at least came with duplicates for most of the main plastic pieces. I'm not sure this is necessary if you don't mind switching to those after a few years.
4. The pharoah backpiece is just a piece of plastic with a graphic on it. It's pretty cheap to replace, also my game has over 2500 plays and I nail that sucker in the face on a regular basis without so much as a scratch. Again I wouldn't worry about this one unless you're really trying to keep it pristine.

2. Pharoah blinder is nice, not so much for the eyes that glow but for the blocker that stops the target backlight from bleeding all over.
3. There was talk early on in this pin's life about needing an external amp to stop clipping at high volumes. I believe it was addressed in a software update, but unless you're cranking the volume to 30+ you probably don't need the amp. I just ordered some new sound stuff for mine and after reading quite a bit I found that most people say an external sub is the best bang for your buck, second best is replacing the stock speakers.
4. It's pretty loud but not noticable while playing. Probably worth tossing in to an existing order since it's so cheap.
5. The orb mod is good, looks much better than the stock solution. The Anubis is good if you can paint it, I'm not a huge fan of the bare 3d printed look for that piece. The torch mod for beside the anubis is nice too since they are pretty cheesy looking dome lights for the stock torches. As you noticed pin monk gels are pretty much a must.
One that isn't mentioned a lot is the Obelisk mod for the back right flasher. That's maybe my favourite visual mod so far and I 3d printed it myself since it's simple and doesn't need paint.
6. I have the official stern headphone jack. It works well, is well built and you can choose to use its volume control for the main volume control of the pin which is nice as you don't have to open the coin door every time. I'm not aware of any 3rd party ones but the Stern one is pretty nice.

2. Spend your time leveling it well before worrying too much about the autoplunge, just my two cents.
4. I'm pretty new to pinball so take this how you want, I haven't been able to notice any flipper fade in this game at all. I've had a few 1-2 hour sessions and never noticed it, and from what I've read Maiden is one of the games where this problem isn't so bad. There are others that are notorious for fade but Maiden is not one. While on the topic of flippers, coil stops probably should be changed immediately unless you like gold dust.

PXL_20211102_005243619 (resized).jpgPXL_20211102_005243619 (resized).jpg
#9977 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

Another neurotic person like me lol. I also read most of this topic before my game came, read the rest after. Here are my thoughts.

Haha! Yeah, it's certainly personality-based for me along with a touch of my professional life bleeding into this.

1. I don't think the cliffy's are worth it on the pro. There is already a metal orbit protector that comes factory installed and that's the only really useful piece in the kit. If the metal protector starts to lift or wear you can get the cliffy one.

I was just reading about the metal one the newer machines are being shipped with and how it sounds like some folks are experiencing some warp after only a few hundred plays. That makes me a little nervous since I will play a few hundred games within the first month. I suppose I'll figure out exactly how this shakes out.

I also read that the Cliffy seems to make the ball hang in the dropdowns a little more often. I think I'm going to hold off for now but may opt for them down the line.

3. The goodie bag for mine at least came with duplicates for most of the main plastic pieces. I'm not sure this is necessary if you don't mind switching to those after a few years.
4. The pharoah backpiece is just a piece of plastic with a graphic on it. It's pretty cheap to replace, also my game has over 2500 plays and I nail that sucker in the face on a regular basis without so much as a scratch. Again I wouldn't worry about this one unless you're really trying to keep it pristine.
2. Pharoah blinder is nice, not so much for the eyes that glow but for the blocker that stops the target backlight from bleeding all over.

Noted on all of the above. Thanks. I'm surprised it will come shipped with additional plastics but that is a welcome addition.

3. There was talk early on in this pin's life about needing an external amp to stop clipping at high volumes. I believe it was addressed in a software update, but unless you're cranking the volume to 30+ you probably don't need the amp. I just ordered some new sound stuff for mine and after reading quite a bit I found that most people say an external sub is the best bang for your buck, second best is replacing the stock speakers.

This is exactly why I asked the question. Thanks on this one--I'll prioritize speakers.

4. It's pretty loud but not noticable while playing. Probably worth tossing in to an existing order since it's so cheap.

Great point on just throwing it into an existing order. Seems like a low-cost solution and at worst I'll have a backup if one fails.

5. The orb mod is good, looks much better than the stock solution. The Anubis is good if you can paint it, I'm not a huge fan of the bare 3d printed look for that piece. The torch mod for beside the anubis is nice too since they are pretty cheesy looking dome lights for the stock torches. As you noticed pin monk gels are pretty much a must.

Noted. I only have one other pin at the moment so I don't think I'm much of a modder, but there is some room here for aesthetic improvement. I'll search around a little more. Thanks for reminding me of the torches.

6. I have the official stern headphone jack. It works well, is well built and you can choose to use its volume control for the main volume control of the pin which is nice as you don't have to open the coin door every time. I'm not aware of any 3rd party ones but the Stern one is pretty nice.

Yeah, I think it was from PBL that someone had issues with. I guess I was looking externally because both the headphone jack and shaker are currently OOS.

2. Spend your time leveling it well before worrying too much about the autoplunge, just my two cents.

That feels like the right order of operations. Thanks--I'll walk through everything in my head before beginning that.

4. I'm pretty new to pinball so take this how you want, I haven't been able to notice any flipper fade in this game at all. I've had a few 1-2 hour sessions and never noticed it, and from what I've read Maiden is one of the games where this problem isn't so bad. There are others that are notorious for fade but Maiden is not one. While on the topic of flippers, coil stops probably should be changed immediately unless you like gold dust.

I'm new as of 6 months ago so any advice is happily received.

Thanks again for your thoughts on this--I really appreciate it.

#9978 2 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Got it straightened out. For now.....
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

very nice mods Sir!

#9979 2 years ago
Quoted from Biju:

Holly flipperoni batman.
First pin?

#9980 2 years ago

Holly flipperoni batman.
First pin?

First NIB and second pin, I'm still new to this and trying to sort everything out. Plus, I kind of just...do this...with everything. It's better I take this out on you guys than my wife.

#9981 2 years ago
Quoted from Biju:

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"7e0ec4d365179ad5bdf15bdc5d6dc30d8fc79792-1636771968-1800"};
//]]>

First NIB and second pin, I'm still new to this and trying to sort everything out. Plus, I kind of just...do this...with everything. It's better I take this out on you guys than my wife.

Lol

#9982 2 years ago

Working on replacing some of the songs with Pinball Browser. Likely stick with The Number of the Beast album. Songs I plan to add and replace existing tracks:

- The Prisoner
- Gangland
- Children of the Damned
- Invaders

Hoping to replace the track images at the start of the game as well.

#9983 2 years ago

I want to add this to my game. Would be awesome if you could replace just the track for the mode so you can choose the song to listen to or activate the mode and get something different.

#9984 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

I want to add this to my game. Would be awesome if you could replace just the track for the mode so you can choose the song to listen to or activate the mode and get something different.

I think it might be too soft of a tune for the game but it can be fun, I think it is worth a try!

#9985 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Working on replacing some of the songs with Pinball Browser. Likely stick with The Number of the Beast album. Songs I plan to add and replace existing tracks:
- The Prisoner
- Gangland
- Children of the Damned
- Invaders
Hoping to replace the track images at the start of the game as well.

That is very cool, if you can share the process of replacing the images I would be interested as well as I am pretty proficient with Photoshop (not an expert by any means but can make it work).

Is it possible to keep the modes songs and just replace the normal gameplay tunes?

#9986 2 years ago

Thank you so much for your reply. Based on this I did purchase a number of items from PBL (plus I had a backlog of other items I needed for another pin). I think your reply--along with the one from @anony--has really hammered in the idea of the speaker upgrades.

I have to sneak in some of these purchases as I'm certain my wife will not completely understand spending several hundred more dollars on a new machine.

#9987 2 years ago

today I got the two spinners going while on 'fear on the dark', both at the same time and I just happened to have 2X playfield going and holly smokes, ended up the mode and completed it with a total of 2xx.xxx.
Elwin really though out the combos on this game, they are so nice when you get them.
This is by far the most fun packed machine I have owned yet! and I think Godzilla might be a close 2nd for me just because I do not own one and only played it a handful of times but it has a flow that pretty much resembles Iron Maiden and it is just a blast!

You got me thinking about the two spinner shot and I finally nailed it.

I'm in a bit of a rut. My best score is 325,000,000 and even though I'm playing better and can get 100 million on my first ball I almost always drain badly on the next ones.

I just played for 4 hours trying to beat my score and couldn't, but on my last game I was in Fear of the Dark and nailed the upper spinner and let it come down to the right flipper and I one timed it into the lower spinner. It felt so good I yelled out loud. 140,000,00 for that move and a soul shard. Still choked and ended up with 315,000,000 but it felt so good. That might be my new favourite shot in the game.

I really want my new wireforms to show up, I had a few good games ruined by a cheap drain out of the return ramp.

#9988 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

You got me thinking about the two spinner shot and I finally nailed it.
I'm in a bit of a rut. My best score is 325,000,000 and even though I'm playing better and can get 100 million on my first ball I almost always drain badly on the next ones.
I just played for 4 hours trying to beat my score and couldn't, but on my last game I was in Fear of the Dark and nailed the upper spinner and let it come down to the right flipper and I one timed it into the lower spinner. It felt so good I yelled out loud. 140,000,00 for that move and a soul shard. Still choked and ended up with 315,000,000 but it felt so good. That might be my new favourite shot in the game.
I really want my new wireforms to show up, I had a few good games ruined by a cheap drain out of the return ramp.

Haha! I am glad you tried after reading my message.
That shot got me screaming as well, lol, it is really hard to get!

I have just learned that there is 7 way combo in the game and it looks like this.
I have not completed it but I do get 4-5 shots combo’d in random order sometimes, love it!

A9F23062-9C06-4E89-8F76-C920E5D9C1AD (resized).jpegA9F23062-9C06-4E89-8F76-C920E5D9C1AD (resized).jpeg
#9989 2 years ago

I purchased one of the Iron Maiden remakes (Pro) with the added metal playfield protector under the bullseye target.
I'm getting a lot of balls stuck up there just to the left of the white up post that will come up in a ball search but I can't even shake the ball free without tilting or warning..
Anyone else experiencing this? Or found a way to fix this?

#9990 2 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

I purchased one of the Iron Maiden remakes (Pro) with the added metal playfield protector under the bullseye target.
I'm getting a lot of balls stuck up there just to the left of the white up post that will come up in a ball search but I can't even shake the ball free without tilting or warning..

This has been extensively discussed here.
You will find the answer by using the search function.

#9991 2 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Is metal playfield protector lifting at all? That should really be the only thing it can get hung up on. I've even had balls sit against the nylon post and roll out right after a ball lock, so there really should be no way of it getting stuck up there without an obstruction.

That 7 shot combo looks insane, what's the death blow worth if you get that?

Also I found a super secret skill shot I don't remember being mentioned. Just plunge to the left flipper and hit the right orbit.

#9992 2 years ago

I did look for a while for it but must have not searched properly.
Figured it was a topic but couldn't find anything.

#9993 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

Is metal playfield protector lifting at all? That should really be the only thing it can get hung up on. I've even had balls sit against the nylon post and roll out right after a ball lock, so there really should be no way of it getting stuck up there without an obstruction.
Also I found a super secret skill shot I don't remember being mentioned. Just plunge to the left flipper and hit the right orbit.

Thanks for the reply.
It is getting annoying getting stuck there. It happens every 3rd or 4th ball now. Will pull glass to inspect next time it "sits" there to see what my options are for repair and take a pic.

I had a great score going on ball 3 so I started to pull the glass so I could use my collapsible magnet stick to get the ball and place in shooter lane but the game instead of shooting out another ball as I would think it should decided to just end the game and tally up my final score. LOL

Must be a setting....

#9994 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

Thanks for the tips on the Super Secret Skill Shot! Will try for it!

#9995 2 years ago

I tried "Iron Maiden Ball Stuck" and Iron Maiden Ball hung" with no matches.

What do you think will work for the keyword?

#9996 2 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Thanks for the reply.
It is getting annoying getting stuck there. It happens every 3rd or 4th ball now. Will pull glass to inspect next time it "sits" there to see what my options are for repair and take a pic.
I had a great score going on ball 3 so I started to pull the glass so I could use my collapsible magnet stick to get the ball and place in shooter lane but the game instead of shooting out another ball as I would think it should decided to just end the game and tally up my final score. LOL
Must be a setting....

it is not a setting, the ball protector curls up and cradles the ball.
I have posted about this not long ago. I recommended a good double sided tape to reinstall.

Is this your first pinball machine? just asking to gauge the level of experience you might have repairing and disassembling.

#9997 2 years ago

2 minutes to midnight. Is there any “winning” that mode? I got through the shots and then they just came up again. Or do i have to go through the shots multiple times?

#9998 2 years ago

Ball protector update:
Mine was totally bent up after 300 plays, it was causing some hangups although the ball would roll over in 90% of the situations but some slow balls would get trapped.
I removed the thin metal sheet, carefully, and cleaned the glue off the playfield with Isopropyl alcohol(99%), then cleaned the glue off the metal with another chemical and cleaned it well, degreased, etc.
I had some 3M 300LSE double sided tape, graded for different heavy duty applications. This tape has a lot of grip to it and it gets better over time. The best part is that the grip momentarily dissolves when you wet with isopropyl alcohol, so removing is a breeze, once the alcohol dries off the tape becomes tacky again although it will still work now, it will have a little less grip.
I also waxed the PF before installing it, I don't want a permanent bond nor making it harder for me to maintain this piece. Waxing did not interfere with the bond but might affect long term efficacy of the bonding agent, I don't care. I intend to replace it over time, just not so quickly after 300 plays.
I recommend you guys use this tape when reinstalling the protector, the tape has a very low profile. It's been over 50 games now and it has not moved at all.
I have used this tape before and it is very durable in other applications.
The link provided is just to show what size you want, do not buy the thin roll. I am not affiliated with the seller, this is just for demonstration, I do not endorse this seller in any way.
amazon.com link »

Quoted from CUJO:

I tried "Iron Maiden Ball Stuck" and Iron Maiden Ball hung" with no matches.
What do you think will work for the keyword?

#9999 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

2 minutes to midnight. Is there any “winning” that mode? I got through the shots and then they just came up again. Or do i have to go through the shots multiple times?

I think the idea is to get the Level 2 card but going through the shots twice before collecting the Super Jackpot. You get awarded the card just for starting the mode but if you're going all L2 that's the move. And, of course, you can score a lot of points by simply continuing through the shots as the base continues to grow.

#10000 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Starting 2MTM immediately awards its Eddie card. Scoring a Double Super Jackpot awards a Level 2 Eddie card. In order to score a double super and earn the Level 2 card you will need to complete all the lit shots twice before collecting the super. If you instead complete shots once, score the super, then complete shots again, and score the super again, the level 2 card will not be awarded.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 16.00
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 200 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/200?hl=djreddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.