(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 317.
#901 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yes.
Take off the nut for the wire form on the right slingshot. Then there’s a screw you can get to between the right ramp wire form to that plastic. That should give you enough wiggle room to get at the adjustment screw; if you want more free movement there’s another screw near the top of the ramp thatlll free it more but I didn’t feel the need to take that one off.
Then, Depending on your pitch (I’m at 7.0-7.2) I loosened the adjustment screw and pushed it all the way up with lots of pressure and tightened. If you’re a Lower pitch you may need to find the sweet spot. I then put some slight pressure on the exit guide to slightly bend a hair up. KME also mentioned bending the guides on the left side of the shooter lane inward towards the shooter lane - not sure what this does to be honest, maybe helps the ball from rattling? I did it anyway but just ever so slightly bend so not to damage anything.
Lastly, I set my overall coil power in adjustments to hard. My manual plunge is 99.9% and my auto plunge is 90+%.
Also, FWIW - I found anything over 7.2 deg pitch was just too much inconsistency. One of the guys from stern mentioned in a faceboook stream that the game plays really good at 7deg and I would concur. But even in that stream, you’ll see a lot of inconsistencies with their shooter.
Lastly sort of off topic) but a tip I picked up from that fb stream (I think it was Tim balls playing); when he got multiballs he was soft plunging to hit the regular skill shot X multiplier to help advance 2X/3X, I found this very useful and pulled it off today when I had all X’s lit but that one. Managing the X multiplier is quite challenging but fun.

These tips are solid gold!! I did them all tonight (and it took them ALL) and now my manual plunger gets to the top 95% of the time and the auto about 90%. Compared to what I was dealing with, it's absolutely awesome.

Bending the shooter guide via adjustment screw only does so much, so you may need to tinker. Things started really coming together once I locked the pitch in at 7 degrees. Hard coil power gets the auto plunge over the post but I had to step it down to 252 strength to avoid hitting the upper left flipper.

Bending those wire lane guides in makes a difference, too. Ive got mine sligtly tapered so the ball is funneled towards the gate. The guides force the ball against the right-side of the shooter lane and against the curve.

Begin the charge!!

#902 5 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Isn't that "washer" a spring of sorts to help with vibration/keeping the coil tight? Pretty sure my Sterns (all two of them...) have had those on each coil stop, and I'm surprised the distro wasn't familiar.
EDIT: yes, I believe you're referencing the "spring washer" part 269-5002-00 per my Avatar manual, same washers were on my LOTR. http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/269-5002-00

thanks for posting; ill see if JJ or Patrick can send me a new one. Maybe there's still something else, but it's work magically now with that washer gone.

Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Yes it is. Think even Data East had them. I think it there to stop the buzz sound when the flipper is held in the up position.

haven't noticed any buzz since removing. Now my SMVE buzzes all the time and haven't touched that stopper. But I do believe these flipper mechs for IMDN are a new stern design so maybe the washer isn't needed?

#903 5 years ago

Wow. I've had zero problems with ball getting all the way around on sss. The red GI is killin me. Gotta go.
Speakers still clipping at 35 and higher. I'm startin to get agitated with it.

#904 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

thanks for posting; ill see if JJ or Patrick can send me a new one. Maybe there's still something else, but it's work magically now with that washer gone.

haven't noticed any buzz since removing. Now my SMVE buzzes all the time and haven't touched that stopper. But I do believe these flipper mechs for IMDN are a new stern design so maybe the washer isn't needed?

The washer helps keeps the coil snug in place since there's always a bit of play. Generally when a (new) flipper is sticking, it's not shimmed for proper up/down play on the playfield bushing. Do you have a 'gold dust' accumulating in the cabinet? Stern coil stops have been known to have the small brass(?) layer disintegrate into dust after only a few hundred games. After that the stop becomes loose, flipper travel extends and it can start sticking.

Rob

#905 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Wow. I've had zero problems with ball getting all the way around on sss. The red GI is killin me. Gotta go.

Yeah the random red GI is def a weird choice. Washes out the artwork on the slings big time.

#906 5 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Yes it is. Think even Data East had them. I think it there to stop the buzz sound when the flipper is held in the up position.

They also used them on EM's. Same idea.

#907 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Same here , got new sound card coming
Let’s see what that does

#908 5 years ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

I sorta requested it. It cost more to pick your # but well worth it I think.

Yeah man, thats pretty friggin rad.
I would have tried to do the same thing if I could have.
Cheers.

#909 5 years ago

Damn this game is great, they’ll have to pry my LE of my cold dead body

Been a fan since I learned how to walk ( that was 12 by the way)
Only people who know me will get that one

Up the Irons Madarfacars

0F8BAF45-01DE-4AA7-80DF-F1BF7FD36788 (resized).jpeg0F8BAF45-01DE-4AA7-80DF-F1BF7FD36788 (resized).jpeg

#910 5 years ago

Anyone had problems with the left loop not registering? My right loop is registering fine for loop points but nothing happens when I shoot the left.

#911 5 years ago

I just got Cyborg Multiball for the first time!! Yeah!! It's awesome!!

The trick was to get the ramps out of the way early so I wasn't psyched out when they were the last segment to complete. I completed Power Ramps before Power Targets!

What a cool mode. I havent experienced 2 Minutes to Midnight or Number of the Beast yet - this game just keeps unfolding!!

#912 5 years ago

I don't have a problem with the left loop but I have found my right orbit sometimes doesnt register if I hit it too soon after a ball save or multiball launch which I think is in the code to make sure it doesn't give you free points by going around the other way but I've missed a few 15mil jackpots that way.

#913 5 years ago

Finally got the McFarlane and NECA figures the way I like and plenty stable.

IMG_8047 (resized).jpgIMG_8047 (resized).jpg
IMG_8044 (resized).jpgIMG_8044 (resized).jpg
IMG_8045 (resized).JPGIMG_8045 (resized).JPG
IMG_8048 (resized).jpgIMG_8048 (resized).jpg

#914 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Finally got the McFarlane figures the way I like and plenty stable.

Nice, they are getting hard to find and very pricey.

#916 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Nice, they are getting hard to find and very pricey.

I know. $60 on a figure is crazy, but when you compare it to some figures out there in the mod market, that's actually not too bad. (at least that's how I justified it!)

#917 5 years ago

FB_IMG_1526481906729 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1526481906729 (resized).jpg

#918 5 years ago

I know. $60 on a figure is crazy, but when you compare it to some figures out there in the mod market, that's actually not too bad. (at least that's how I justified it!)

And they were like $40 NIB back in 2005 and way better quality than anything else out there.

#919 5 years ago

I cropped out just the awesome translite in case anyone wants a better look

Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 10.43.14 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-05-16 at 10.43.14 AM (resized).png

#920 5 years ago

12E4835D-240D-48A3-943A-6B56ADDD0F31.jpeg12E4835D-240D-48A3-943A-6B56ADDD0F31.jpeg

#922 5 years ago

Premium artwork is bit sad
Could have been so much more

Pro art even is better
Love my LE !

But no sadness cause game play is .......
Fantastic

Up the Irons !

#923 5 years ago

I got a chance to watch a bunch of gameplay vids of the machine today and oh my lord. I wish I could say I'll be picking this one up and doing another box breaking stream, but I'm not sure if that'll ever be able to happen again. I'm jealous of all of you.

#924 5 years ago

Got the call that my LE is in. Guess I am in the club now. Too bad I will not be able to get it for another week

#925 5 years ago

If it makes you smile and brings you happiness then 60 dollars isnt nothing, and theres no need to justify it either because its your money and you earned it. Im 53 years old and i love the little Eddie dolls!

#926 5 years ago

Hey everyone - I'm in the club today! Got a great deal on a Pro that was only used at MGC. Only played a couple of games so far (I'm working....), but it's awesome!

20180516_160629 (resized).jpg20180516_160629 (resized).jpg

#927 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Hey everyone - I'm in the club today! Got a great deal on a Pro that was only used at MGC. Only played a couple of games so far (I'm working....), but it's awesome!

My dog eats his turds too. Try putting hot sauce on it.

#928 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Ewwww (resized).jpgEwwww (resized).jpg

#929 5 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

I cropped out just the awesome translite in case anyone wants a better look

Dude that’s my fave translite of the group! I hope I can find a way to get one for my Pro!

#930 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Thats the funniest thing I've read on here in years.

#931 5 years ago

Dimebag Doggo.

#932 5 years ago

Man I keep thinking of the look on that dogs face and laughing.

#933 5 years ago

I noticed my upper right flipper not returning to the deenergized (relaxed) position after a flip(see picture). It was random but noticeable.

In the pictures you can see the new EOS switch arm (circled)(nylon) and the nut (circled). When flipper button OFF the arm return past the nut BUT can get stuck on the nut.

In the other picture you see the gap between the shaft yoke and black rubber stop. That gap is there with the flipper stuck with button off.
The next two pictures are the flipper in the "stuck" position and the full-return (normal) position.

The FIX? I simply cut a little corner off of the part that was hitting the screw (as circled in RED in the picture) - NO more sticking.
I did not cut the other 3.

I'm hoping you get the point, it was hard to explain. I'm also assuming this doesn't happen often.

Nut and arm that get stuck where to cut (resized).JPGNut and arm that get stuck where to cut (resized).JPGgap between plunger and rubber stop when stuck (resized).JPGgap between plunger and rubber stop when stuck (resized).JPGnormal flipper (resized).JPGnormal flipper (resized).JPGstuck flipper (resized).JPGstuck flipper (resized).JPG
#934 5 years ago

Finally got cyborg tonight. This game is a rush when you rip into it.

20180516_230822 (resized).jpg20180516_230822 (resized).jpg

#935 5 years ago

Also.
I was having a hard time hitting the ORB target (IM Pro) with either flipper. It seemed like the rubber post on left was blocking 30% of the ORB target. Upon inspection I found the stand up target penetrates the playfield through a fairly large triangular hole and the stand up bracket was mounted to the left of center under the playfield "hiding" it partially behind the double high rubber post (left post). I decided to move the standup toward the middle of the playfield and remount being careful not to go too far to block ball path past ORB area.

Picture under playfield shows where I moved the bracket to and the original holes.
Picture on the playfield hows the final and new position of where I moved the ORB target

There's so much left-to-right room I suspect maybe installers have too much variation when installing at the factory.

In the end, the ORB is a little easier to hit and can now be back handed and that post on the left no longer blocks shots.

INTERESTING FIND: Comparing the PRO and PREMIUM parts and wire charts, the stand up on the PRO and the multi-directional stationary ball on the PREMIUM use the same wire and same connection on the same node - therefore you could install the PREMIUM/LE ORB ball on the Pro. Who will be the first to do it? All part numbers are available in the premium manuals.

EDIT - wow! target looks so crooked in the picture. I'll have to fix that. And, it may appear that the post behind the standup could prevent a switch trigger but it doesn't

New placement of ORB target (resized).JPGNew placement of ORB target (resized).JPGOrb target bracket and old screw holes (resized).JPGOrb target bracket and old screw holes (resized).JPG

#936 5 years ago

That post is suppose to block the target. Target should not be possible from a left trap position. Do you want you want obviously, but changing the position of that target changes the way the game plays by A LOT.

#937 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Congrats Chris! Can't wait to play one..

#938 5 years ago

Well having my first issue with the machine. The Mummy Newton Ball / Ball Pop? Whatever they are calling it. Is not returning to center. It seems sloppier and looser than the clairvoyant one. Acts like maybe the spring is broken. I'm not able to tell just yet, because I have yet to get the mech apart. The post that sits in the cup definitely has blue locktite. But the saucer? rotator pivot point? Is that screwed on as well?

#939 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

That post is suppose to block the target. Target should not be possible from a left trap position. Do you want you want obviously, but changing the position of that target changes the way the game plays by A LOT.

I can't disagree but it wasn't centered in the triangle hole. I think I took it a little too far to the right - over corrected. Assuming it should be in the middle, that will be my next target - to center it - and where I'll also assume Stern planned it to be.

EDIT and UPDATE. I moved it back to the middle of the triangle and am now happy. It was too far to left fro the factory and then I moved it too far right... now its just right.
keeping in mind the Prem and LE have the NEW Stern Clairvoyant Ball which senses a hit from 360 degrees. Maybe I'm just a little jealous that the stand up "hit area" is so minimal. ORB target is a very important stand up in the game.

#940 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I have successfully backhanded the Orb target on numerous Pro's. Can I do it every time? Nope. Is it certainly possible? Yep.

#941 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

i love that the target is difficult but I find back handing it from left flipper is the most accurate way to hit it, especially during cyborg.

#942 5 years ago

easier and safer to backhand it.

#943 5 years ago

The premium is just begging for someone to gold plate every single metal part on it. Ramps, posts, armor... everything.

Edit: Bright blue Superband rubber all around.

DABFDF52-881F-4AFF-845D-EAE8D1CF45B8.jpegDABFDF52-881F-4AFF-845D-EAE8D1CF45B8.jpeg

#944 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

INTERESTING FIND: Comparing the PRO and PREMIUM parts and wire charts, the stand up on the PRO and the multi-directional stationary ball on the PREMIUM use the same wire and same connection on the same node - therefore you could install the PREMIUM/LE ORB ball on the Pro. Who will be the first to do it? All part numbers are available in the premium manuals.

Would require drilling a hole in your playfield..... So im hoping no one does it lol.

#945 5 years ago

i still need to play an LE and get a feel for it; but at first thought, looks like the prem orb ball would be a downgrade to put in a pro.

#946 5 years ago
Quoted from cletus:

The premium is just begging for someone to gold plate every single metal part on it. Ramps, posts, armor... everything.

Gold throughout like Tutankhamun's treasure - I dig it.

#947 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Gold throughout like Tutankhamun's treasure - I dig it.

If only someone could produce this as a topper:

1B3E3C1E-83FC-4DEB-B39E-F017F9833E9D (resized).jpeg1B3E3C1E-83FC-4DEB-B39E-F017F9833E9D (resized).jpeg

#948 5 years ago

Needs LED's.

#949 5 years ago

sake (resized).jpgsake (resized).jpg

#950 5 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Would require drilling a hole in your playfield..... So im hoping no one does it lol.

That's what separates the men from the boys.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/19?hl=dee-bow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.