(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 498 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 317.
#9401 2 years ago

Yeah, go with medium. That's what mine is on. Not sure where you saw directors cut, but sounds interesting

You can always reset factory defaults if you don't care about your scores

#9402 2 years ago

I *think* when you are scrolling thru the settings options, it usually says ‘factory’ in parenthesis under the factory setting for each item

#9403 2 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Yeah, go with medium. That's what mine is on. Not sure where you saw directors cut, but sounds interesting
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"6786b34629dc180a4008df462c6667b64825800a-1632165649-1800"};
//]]>

You can always reset factory defaults if you don't care about your scores

7B493906-1466-4995-A377-EC96F7B08603 (resized).jpeg7B493906-1466-4995-A377-EC96F7B08603 (resized).jpeg
#9404 2 years ago

So what is Directors cut again?

#9405 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

So what is Directors cut again?

No idea I found this last night . I enabled it so I’ll try and figure it out.

#9406 2 years ago

Hard, medium, directors cut, etc. are just collections of settings that are all configured at once when you run that install. The install can change anything in the game and standard adjustments. For example, the "hard" install might adjust all mode times to be shorter, ballsavers to off, etc.

Install a setting, then scroll through all the standard and game adjustments to see which were changed from the factory setting. You can always change individual settings to other values without affecting the others; the "install" shown above is just a macro to configure a bunch of settings at once.

If you want to see what different installs do, I'd recommend installing factory between each one just to be sure everything resets correctly.

#9407 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Hard, medium, directors cut, etc. are just collections of settings that are all configured at once when you run that install. The install can change anything in the game and standard adjustments. For example, the "hard" install might adjust all mode times to be shorter, ballsavers to off, etc.
Install a setting, then scroll through all the standard and game adjustments to see which were changed from the factory setting. You can always change individual settings to other values without affecting the others; the "install" shown above is just a macro to configure a bunch of settings at once.
If you want to see what different installs do, I'd recommend installing factory between each one just to be sure everything resets correctly.

Wow nice! Thanks for the heads up.After being out for a few years I wish there was a spreadsheet somewhere showing the differences.

#9408 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Wow nice! Thanks for the heads up.After being out for a few years I wish there was a spreadsheet somewhere showing the differences.

It’s in the manual on the stern site most likely…….or else in release notes / read me file

#9409 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

It’s in the manual on the stern site most likely…….or else in release notes / read me file

Cant find it in either of those. And I haven't had the game long enough to tell the difference.

#9410 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Cant find it in either of those. And I haven't had the game long enough to tell the difference.

As someone stated above, you can scroll through settings on all the modern stern machines after installing your level of choice and it tells you what is (factory) and what’s is adjusted in the menu. Strange they never documented that in the manual!

#9411 2 years ago

Home at last.

IMG_0248 (resized).jpgIMG_0248 (resized).jpg
#9412 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

As someone stated above, you can scroll through settings on all the modern stern machines after installing your level of choice and it tells you what is (factory) and what’s is adjusted in the menu. Strange they never documented that in the manual!

Yeah I don't get it either.

#9413 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

Home at last. [quoted image]

so jealous. Have not been told when mine is coming yet....

#9414 2 years ago

It’s home!

3642FE28-4138-4C91-B1E6-586E0940939B (resized).jpeg3642FE28-4138-4C91-B1E6-586E0940939B (resized).jpeg
#9415 2 years ago

What is the latest code for this game? On the pinside page for this game it says v1.06.0. My brand new Maiden premium has v1.08.0. Just curious. I would hope that a new game has the new code, but you never know. Got it in the house last night, unboxed, and fired up. Hoping to get it all set up tonight and get a few games on her. Thanks! Mìke

#9416 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeSinMD:

What is the latest code for this game? On the pinside page for this game it says v1.06.0. My brand new Maiden premium has v1.08.0. Just curious. I would hope that a new game has the new code, but you never know. Got it in the house last night, unboxed, and fired up. Hoping to get it all set up tonight and get a few games on her. Thanks! Mìke

Got mine last Friday, has 1.08 on it.

#9417 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

That’s an above average number of plays in a week. If you’re averaging a 5 minute game, you’ve been playing 5 and a half hours a day for a week. That’s a lot.
But yeah, it’s funny when games go to market with like 100-200 plays. I’ll do that in a few weekends.

I'm putting alit a games on it for two reasons
1. Previously I have been a person who will restart the game if I have a bad ball one, in the past few days I've been trying to get away from that habit for the sake of reason 2
2. I feel like this game is not easy like previous games I've had before (SM, LAH, SF2) and it has alit shorter ball times, which is one of the reasons why I got it, so since it has short ball times I tend to play more games.

Fantastic game though, and realized that my wife is playing it a decent amount when I'm not home (at first she was completely against this game due to theme alone)

#9418 2 years ago

1.08 is the latest, which came out like 6 months ago.

#9419 2 years ago

My wait finally ended yesterday. In the 80s all I ever wanted to play at the arcade was pinball and the first 4 or 5 albums I ever owned were all Maiden. It truly is my dream game and my inner child still cannot believe this is actually real. Waiting on the delivery yesterday I felt like I was in a hospital waiting room and I've had a stupid grin stuck on my face for 24 hours straight since it showed up. Other than the day I got married I can't remember smiling this much in a day.

Until now I've been dumping quarters into a never-maintained location machine that worked overall but had weak coils, flipper slop and and a bunch of other stuff that just seemed a little off. I feel like I'm learning a new game. Most things are much easier or at least more predictable although some of the timing and muscle memory I'd built up over the last several months is going to have to be unlearned. It's sooooo much faster.

I almost feel like the flippers on the new one might be overpowered between the racket the ball makes shooting around the ramps and way more shots than I'm used to that rebound off the bullseye target with enough force to come right back down the middle. I might try reducing the flipper power if it doesn't settle down. The manual plunger also feels really rough on the pull but when released it's dead on accurate around the loop.

I'm putting together an order for some odds and ends to have on hand for when something breaks. Coil stops are obvious given the reputation the stock ones have for blowing out quick. Any recommendations for other bits and pieces that are likely to need replacement/upgrade sooner rather than later or functional/structural mods like a protector for something fragile that really should be installed asap? It's a Pro if that makes a difference.

I've got some plans for decorative mods but I'm holding off on them until we get to know each other better.

Up the Irons!

#9420 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeSinMD:

It’s home!
[quoted image]

mind if i ask who your distributer is?

#9421 2 years ago

Looking for the Egyptian themed topper from Stern, anyone interested in selling?

#9422 2 years ago
Quoted from craif:

My wait finally ended yesterday. In the 80s all I ever wanted to play at the arcade was pinball and the first 4 or 5 albums I ever owned were all Maiden. It truly is my dream game and my inner child still cannot believe this is actually real. Waiting on the delivery yesterday I felt like I was in a hospital waiting room and I've had a stupid grin stuck on my face for 24 hours straight since it showed up. Other than the day I got married I can't remember smiling this much in a day.
Until now I've been dumping quarters into a never-maintained location machine that worked overall but had weak coils, flipper slop and and a bunch of other stuff that just seemed a little off. I feel like I'm learning a new game. Most things are much easier or at least more predictable although some of the timing and muscle memory I'd built up over the last several months is going to have to be unlearned. It's sooooo much faster.
I almost feel like the flippers on the new one might be overpowered between the racket the ball makes shooting around the ramps and way more shots than I'm used to that rebound off the bullseye target with enough force to come right back down the middle. I might try reducing the flipper power if it doesn't settle down. The manual plunger also feels really rough on the pull but when released it's dead on accurate around the loop.
I'm putting together an order for some odds and ends to have on hand for when something breaks. Coil stops are obvious given the reputation the stock ones have for blowing out quick. Any recommendations for other bits and pieces that are likely to need replacement/upgrade sooner rather than later or functional/structural mods like a protector for something fragile that really should be installed asap? It's a Pro if that makes a difference.
I've got some plans for decorative mods but I'm holding off on them until we get to know each other better.
Up the Irons!

New balls. Reputation for the ones stern sends out is not good. I would order some "super shiney" or "ninja" balls for this game seeing how it has like zero magnets.

Just got mine almost two weeks ago and I've replaced coil stops and balls as preempive measures.

Rubbers would be good to have on hand, I'm interested to see how this game performs with titan silicon rubbers. I usually get titans for my games and you can customize the color of the set out to your taste as well as specific O.D. and I.D. for certain rubbers ( this being flippers and mini post) to your play taste.

Cliffy protectors I usually put my games aswell. I haven't done it yet, they help with wear at certain high wear areas.

Shooter lane protector? I've never done this beside the metal cliffy shooter lane protector, I've been interested in the mylar ones but not sure.

If your not familiar clean and wax your playfeild every 100-300 plays, I use naphtha to clean and hard carnuba to wax.

#9423 2 years ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

If your not familiar clean and wax your playfeild every 100-300 plays, I use naphtha to clean and hard carnuba to wax.

So like... Tonight?

#9424 2 years ago

With this new round of games getting built, it’ll be interesting to see if any new mods or upgrades get created.

#9425 2 years ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

New balls. Reputation for the ones stern sends out is not good. I would order some "super shiney" or "ninja" balls for this game seeing how it has like zero magnets.
Just got mine almost two weeks ago and I've replaced coil stops and balls as preempive measures.
Rubbers would be good to have on hand, I'm interested to see how this game performs with titan silicon rubbers. I usually get titans for my games and you can customize the color of the set out to your taste as well as specific O.D. and I.D. for certain rubbers ( this being flippers and mini post) to your play taste.
Cliffy protectors I usually put my games aswell. I haven't done it yet, they help with wear at certain high wear areas.
Shooter lane protector? I've never done this beside the metal cliffy shooter lane protector, I've been interested in the mylar ones but not sure.

Ninja balls bad for magnet games? I have them in my GOTG . They work great.

#9426 2 years ago
Quoted from craif:

So like... Tonight?

Hehe, if you want, if your not familiar with it I'ma see if I can link some videos that can help you out.

If you follow sterns recommendations they will say to use a product called Novus 2 for the wax. Thing is Novus 2 isn't really a wax, it's used mainly to buff out scratches. So it's a good thing to have on hand, but I wouldn't recommend it as a wax.

If your lucky you might be able to find a carnuba based wax at your local auto parts store or Walmart.

Naptha can be found at home Depot, with the paint thinners... Don't be scared, it is a paintt thinner but your not being rough with it, this stuff does wonders and I've cleaned tons of machines with it without any side effects. Somepeople will use alcohol with and without magic eraser... This can be dangerous if you don't know what your doing and you rub the living shit out of areas over and over again, naptha requires so much less pressure and is great if your just doing general cleaning.

Get micro fiber towels, Costco sells them in a huge pack for cheap, but you can get them any where. Every state will require a new towel.

Clean = towel
Wax = 2nd towel
Buff wax = 3rd towel
Cleaning your glass = 4th towel
(And if your nuts like I am, but not needed)
Tire shine for the plastics = towel

I've made this post long and forgot this is to remain iron maiden specific, so either check out the thread about Vids guide to playfeild cleaning and checkout the link below

#9427 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Ninja balls bad for magnet games? I have them in my GOTG . They work great.

That's what I heard. My experience is they worked great in my last action hero, but did not last long in my spiderman. Spiderman has a magnet that will hold it for a pretty long amount of time compared to LAH which quickly push and pulls the balls. The balls I ended up going with for spiderman were a set that ball baron makes that is better suited for games with alit of magnet use.

The only downside I had to using ninjas is that in spiderman they magnetized pretty quickly, like 40 games in. Them being magnetized affected gameplay with the doc oct hole and caused ball search errors due to balls sticking together.

For most games I'd say ninjas are the way to go, but would not use them in games like AIQ, BSD, or SM, which has constant 2 second plus magnet use per magnet grab.

Again iron maiden equals zero magnets so ninjas are great.

#9428 2 years ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

That's what I heard. My experience is they worked great in my last action hero, but did not last long in my spiderman. Spiderman has a magnet that will hold it for a pretty long amount of time compared to LAH which quickly push and pulls the balls. The balls I ended up going with for spiderman were a set that ball baron makes that is better suited for games with alit of magnet use.
The only downside I had to using ninjas is that in spiderman they magnetized pretty quickly, like 40 games in. Them being magnetized affected gameplay with the doc oct hole and caused ball search errors due to balls sticking together.
For most games I'd say ninjas are the way to go, but would not use them in games like AIQ, BSD, or SM, which has constant 2 second plus magnet use per magnet grab.

I might be wrong, maiden might use a magnet in the premium for the sarcophagus ball lock? Not sure, but I don't think so.

#9429 2 years ago

New Sterns with clear coat typically need very little out of box. Check connections and balls, brief wipe, maybe mylar shooter lane/ turn trough eject down in settings as you set to free play.
Enjoy the game.
Everything else after that is a personal preference.

#9430 2 years ago

I joined the club on Friday... Damn this game is fun! I have played every night for a couple hours and have Maiden tunes playing in my head all day at work. I wasn't sure how I would feel about the theme but am a big fan of KME's other games. I really love all aspects of this game and I am glad I pulled the trigger!

I am wondering what the ball path should be coming down the right orbit. The ball is taking a hop as soon as it reaches the base of the upper flipper and lands in the left sling. That doesn't seem right. The flipper is aligned with the dot... It is the base of the flipper where the ball hops and not at the end of the flipper. I watched Bowen's tutorial and the machine he was playing fed the ball nicely through the right orbit, over the upper flipper with no hop and right down to the right flipper for an easy trap.

I tried moving the ball guide by loosening the screw by the upper flipper and under playfield nut further back on the guide. There is no room to adjust it in a way that made a difference. Anyone know the intended behavior of the ball coming down the right orbit and have any advice on how to fix it?

#9431 2 years ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

Yeah I'm not quite sure either but I have them in both games and they are awesome.

#9432 2 years ago

Joined the club somewhat unexpectedly, but very happy to have a NIB pro before the big price increases come January.

I know sterns being running some older accessories and they seem to still be making art blades and shooter rods for this game. Is anyone aware if the toppers will be re-run?

#9433 2 years ago
Quoted from pin42:

I joined the club on Friday... Damn this game is fun! I have played every night for a couple hours and have Maiden tunes playing in my head all day at work. I wasn't sure how I would feel about the theme but am a big fan of KME's other games. I really love all aspects of this game and I am glad I pulled the trigger!
I am wondering what the ball path should be coming down the right orbit. The ball is taking a hop as soon as it reaches the base of the upper flipper and lands in the left sling. That doesn't seem right. The flipper is aligned with the dot... It is the base of the flipper where the ball hops and not at the end of the flipper. I watched Bowen's tutorial and the machine he was playing fed the ball nicely through the right orbit, over the upper flipper with no hop and right down to the right flipper for an easy trap.
I tried moving the ball guide by loosening the screw by the upper flipper and under playfield nut further back on the guide. There is no room to adjust it in a way that made a difference. Anyone know the intended behavior of the ball coming down the right orbit and have any advice on how to fix it?

Is your machine level side to side? And what's your pitch, I e noticed this game needs to be 6.5-7 otherwise weird things happen, and it's very sensitive to level side to side

#9434 2 years ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

Is your machine level side to side? And what's your pitch, I e noticed this game needs to be 6.5-7 otherwise weird things happen, and it's very sensitive to level side to side

Thanks for your suggestion. It is level side to side and the pitch is 6.9 degrees. I have the factory flipper rubber but I wonder if the thickness of this band is out of tolerance. Will experiment more when I get home this evening.

#9435 2 years ago

Please tell me I'm not the only one who glanced at the bag of extra stickers and plastics that came with the machine, noticed a few Eddies they didn't recognize and then spent far longer than they want to admit scouring the playfield, photos and forum posts trying to figure out where they are on the machine before discovering they were promotional key fobs.

#9436 2 years ago

Okay, so I discovered that my orbits are only registering occasionally. When I am in regular play, the orbits sometimes register, but not every time. I notice that my orbits are the last power feature to light since they do not register every time. Last night I had a tomb treasure lit on the right orbit and rolled through several times but it did not register. When in Trooper Multi-Ball, the spinner (left orbit) is lit for a jackpot but when I hit it, it does not register the jackpot. When I run a switch test, all switches are fine. With the glass off, the left orbit spinner registers as an orbit. When I roll a ball all the way through the left orbit it registers as an orbit too. When I roll a ball through the right orbit it registers as an orbit. Is this orbit issue a software issue or a switch issue?

#9437 2 years ago
Quoted from JLaw:

Okay, so I discovered that my orbits are only registering occasionally. When I am in regular play, the orbits sometimes register, but not every time. I notice that my orbits are the last power feature to light since they do not register every time. Last night I had a tomb treasure lit on the right orbit and rolled through several times but it did not register. When in Trooper Multi-Ball, the spinner (left orbit) is lit for a jackpot but when I hit it, it does not register the jackpot. When I run a switch test, all switches are fine. With the glass off, the left orbit spinner registers as an orbit. When I roll a ball all the way through the left orbit it registers as an orbit too. When I roll a ball through the right orbit it registers as an orbit. Is this orbit issue a software issue or a switch issue?

You need the loop opto upgrade kit in order to fix.

https://pu-parts.com/imd-iron-maiden-pu-upgrade-kit

https://www.rtbb.com.au/product/stern-iron-maiden-playfield-upgrade-kit/

#9438 2 years ago
Quoted from pin42:

Thanks for your suggestion. It is level side to side and the pitch is 6.9 degrees. I have the factory flipper rubber but I wonder if the thickness of this band is out of tolerance. Will experiment more when I get home this evening.

Also check flipper position, very center of the tip needs to be at the hole in the play field. Understand that it is brand new, but sometimes factory quality control does arise, assemblers are human aswell.

Quoted from JLaw:

Think it's a speed issue, the kit mentioned above should help, I haven't noticed any issue with mine yet though.

#9439 2 years ago

Left the club today...just time to move on.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#9440 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

[quoted image]

30978A92-EEF2-4C77-9CD8-C9860CB37EC7 (resized).jpeg30978A92-EEF2-4C77-9CD8-C9860CB37EC7 (resized).jpeg
#9442 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

[quoted image]

mad (resized).PNGmad (resized).PNG
#9443 2 years ago
Quoted from craif:

[quoted image]

Yes! Let’s shame him with images from Invasion of the Body Snatchers!

#9444 2 years ago

You getting anything good in its place?

#9445 2 years ago

Finally part of the club! Arrives shortly and can't wait. Thanks for all the useful info on this forum thread.

#9446 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

[quoted image]

Yeah, I had to move on too...

Just kidding. That's bat-shit crazy talk.

#9447 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

You getting anything good in its place?

Right now just a increase in space and my bank account!

#9448 2 years ago

Piece of electrical tape does the job perfectly. My game has 7,000 plays

#9449 2 years ago

PinMonk I just put in a order with ya for the flipper fans and all the color brackets. Can't wait

#9450 2 years ago

The Quiet fans are pretty awesome

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/189?hl=plungerboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.