(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 498 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 317.
#9301 2 years ago

Noob question. What are you guys using to see the pitch on your game? I’ve been eyeballing everything.

#9302 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Noob question. What are you guys using to see the pitch on your game? I’ve been eyeballing everything.

I use both the apple and the android pin levels, one is called pinguy and one is called pinleveler. And I use a digital 8 inch level. And I just average them out cause they all read slightly different

#9303 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I really need to add a "buy all for this machine" button to that store.

Yes.. yes you do.

Do you have any input or monkish wisdom regarding what I was saying about left vs right flipper position.

#9304 2 years ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

Yes.. yes you do.
Do you have any input or monkish wisdom regarding what I was saying about left vs right flipper position.

I don't have an answer for that because neither the Pro nor the Premium I had was enough of an issue that I messed with it. Maybe someone else can chime in on that one.

#9305 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't have an answer for that because neither the Pro nor the Premium I had was enough of an issue that I messed with it. Maybe someone else can chime in on that one.

And I adjusted the legs up to 7, hopefully it's not too fast for my sorry ass.

Those flipper fans do a noticable improvement for maiden? Do you just need two for the bottom? No e for the top?

#9306 2 years ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

Yes.. yes you do.

change out your coil stops... one is probably flopping around.

#9307 2 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

change out your coil stops... one is probably flopping around.

They are always at same position and the game probably has 30 games on it. No gold dust, you sure?

#9308 2 years ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

And I adjusted the legs up to 7, hopefully it's not too fast for my sorry ass.
Those flipper fans do a noticable improvement for maiden? Do you just need two for the bottom? No e for the top?

It really depends on how long you play at a session whether you need the Tibetan Breeze kit. Fade on Iron Maiden is nowhere near as bad as a Stranger Things or a Guns n Roses, but you can definitely feel it after 45-60 minutes. So if you play longish sessions, yes, but if you play shorter sessions of 30-45 minutes and aren't sensitive to it (some people are much more sensitive to fade than others, so you might pick up on it sooner if you're one of those people), it's not really necessary.

#9309 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It really depends on how long you play at a session whether you need the Tibetan Breeze kit. Fade on Iron Maiden is nowhere near as bad as a Stranger Things or a Guns n Roses, but you can definitely feel it after 45-60 minutes. So if you play longish sessions, yes, but if you play shorter sessions of 30-45 minutes and aren't sensitive to it (some people are much more sensitive to fade than others, so you might pick up on it sooner if you're one of those people), it's not really necessary.

Sweet, gives me opurtunity to buy by your color inserts instead. Thanks bub.

#9310 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

what is the proper pitch for the game? Elwin games usually like 6.8 right?

#9311 2 years ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

They are always at same position and the game probably has 30 games on it. No gold dust, you sure?

Not sure at all... but it’s a known issue. See if they have any play. Mine did right from day one.
Stern coil stops are cheap and shitty. I changed all my games to pinball life ones. They were all loose.
( jp, imdn, dp,)

#9312 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

what is the proper pitch for the game? Elwin games usually like 6.8 right?

Think elwin supposedly said he plays at 7.0 but I just put mine at 6.8-7 and it's breaching the top line of the level on the shooter lane, playing like fire thoughexcept sometimes if I hit the pharoh target real hard it'll go down the big orbit instead of the little one ( aka mode star does not catch ball, because rolls back down to main playfeild), but plays like absolute fire then again only 2 games in on new pitch

#9313 2 years ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

Think elwin supposedly said he plays at 7.0 but I just put mine at 6.8-7 and it's breaching the top line of the level on the shooter lane, playing like fire thoughexcept sometimes if I hit the pharoh target real hard it'll go down the big orbit instead of the little one ( aka mode star does not catch ball, because rolls back down to main playfeild), but plays like absolute fire then again only 2 games in on new pitch

thx

#9314 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I use this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WQLHG2G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

#9315 2 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

I use this amazon.com link »

Thanks! Just ordered one .

#9316 2 years ago

What is a good price on a iron maiden premium from the latest run? NIB? Anyone that got one, what did you pay? Thanks. Mike

#9317 2 years ago

Got my shipping confirmation yesterday!!! YEAH!!

metal-handbanging.gifmetal-handbanging.gif
#9318 2 years ago

I'm told nothing till October. Supply issues.

Quoted from MikeSinMD:

What is a good price on a iron maiden premium from the latest run? NIB? Anyone that got one, what did you pay? Thanks. Mike

$7,699.00

#9319 2 years ago

Yep, most definitely keeping my premium on order with no QR code pricing pump.

#9320 2 years ago

It finally arrived.

114333 (resized).jpeg114333 (resized).jpeg
#9321 2 years ago
Quoted from Zathras:

It finally arrived.
[quoted image]

Looks great there!

#9322 2 years ago

Again new owner.

I'm noticing the on the center half ramp for the bullseye target, their is no metal at the top right of the ramp. Ball seems to go off that right side of the ramp and hit the blastic behind cyborg Eddie, is this as designed?

Dont have too much of a issue with it besides that sometimes if I activate a mode, the ball will go down the right side, hit and roll on the plastic to bypass the up post that would stop it for the mode to do it's opening scene., Just trying to figure out if this is standard or if my machine is not as level in the back, it's hard to find a space large enough for a torpedo level in the back

Originally had it at 6.5 pitch, brought it up to 6.9 ish ( 6.8-7.0) but wife then complained about it being "harder" brought it down to 6.6-6.7 today and now I'm seeing this center ramp issue more often... Again it may not be a issue at all I'm just ocd and nuts.

#9323 2 years ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

Again new owner.
I'm noticing the on the center half ramp for the bullseye target, their is no metal at the top right of the ramp. Ball seems to go off that right side of the ramp and hit the blastic behind cyborg Eddie, is this as designed?

The right side has a cutout about 3/4 of the way up (same on Pro and Prem/LE), so I think yours is normal.

IM-LE-Detail-05a-sml (resized).jpgIM-LE-Detail-05a-sml (resized).jpg
#9324 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The right side has a cutout about 3/4 of the way up (same on Pro and Prem/LE), so I think yours is normal.[quoted image]

Yeah I figure that... I was just trying to get a idea gameplay wise if y'all get alit of going down the right side of the orbit and bypassing the right up post instead of the left and getting stopped by up post.

#9325 2 years ago
Quoted from Zathras:

It finally arrived.
[quoted image]

That pin looks lonely! Needs a mate..

#9326 2 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

That pin looks lonely! Needs a mate..

or 6!

#9327 2 years ago

Just like a meth addict, you feel a little better when you see someone else just getting started. You feel less alone....

8ba0e389ecf66b74f2be5db4c0bb9f24449e7e25 (resized).jpg8ba0e389ecf66b74f2be5db4c0bb9f24449e7e25 (resized).jpg

#9328 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Just like a meth addict, you feel a little better when you see someone else just getting started. You feel less alone....
[quoted image]

That's what we call a gateway pin.

#9329 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Got my shipping confirmation yesterday!!! YEAH!!
[quoted image]

Lucky.
How the heck did you get yours when you ordered it a week ago and still no word of mine shipping when I ordered mine in February?
Does anybody have insight into how stern decides to send out their pins?

#9330 2 years ago
Quoted from Thorne:

Lucky.
How the heck did you get yours when you ordered it a week ago and still no word of mine shipping when I ordered mine in February?

no idea man, i don't know how it works either.

#9331 2 years ago

Im in the same boat. ordered premium months ago and have not had word yet. Have mando premium on order too with no word yet

#9332 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

no idea man, i don't know how it works either.

Who was your distributor? I've had one on order since may and still no word.

#9334 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead1550:

The pinball company

#9335 2 years ago

Don't be. I've had this game since it came out and still not there! Haven't battled the beast either!

#9336 2 years ago

Anyone have the cLip yellow protectors on their Maiden? would love to see some pictures. Thinking of getting them because I love them on my Mando.

#9337 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

The pinball company

Thanks.

#9338 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Anyone have the cLip yellow protectors on their Maiden? would love to see some pictures. Thinking of getting them because I love them on my Mando.

You mean the sling plastic protectors?

sling-plastics-sml (resized).jpgsling-plastics-sml (resized).jpg
#9339 2 years ago

Picked up my pro last night, I’m going to wait until the weekend to unbox it. Ordered it in March.

#9341 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Don't be. I've had this game since it came out and still not there! Haven't battled the beast either!

Me too. I've only had mine 2 1/2 years tho

#9342 2 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

I know your never really done but, I think it’s done!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

SICK!

#9343 2 years ago

Any of you guys know how to search for your " Bookmarked " posts that you save? I cant find how to do that anywhere.

#9344 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead1550:

My Distributor said he only got 2 premiums in and I was 5th on the list. Ordered in late June I believe. From what Im hearing the next run might not be till next year. Ill be filling that slot with a Godzilla till then.

#9345 2 years ago

Got my pinball life order 2 hours before work start, so was able to replace the two main coil stops on the flippers preemptivly, put 6 fresh balls in and put in the premium cyborg Eddie figure.

Moving on up

#9346 2 years ago
Quoted from Thorne:

Lucky.

Here's one way it could happen. Inspired by true events, but specifics all made up.

Early this year Stern schedules a run. 2 distributors are each allotted 15 machines and Stern doesn't anticipate any delays or reductions. Both do first come first served. Generally honest about what they do know but tight lipped otherwise. Both take preorders for exactly 15 machines.

DistA advertises heavily on pinside, charges under MSRP, ships free and has easy online ordering. They sell out fast. Your Feb order is 15/15 on their list.

DistB rarely advertises, charges over MSRP + 300 more for shipping and only takes phone orders and only accepts cash or wires. He's also known to be kind of a jerk on the phone. Doesn't sell any for the first few weeks but things start to pick up as hungry buyers seek options. An order placed in May is number 4/15 on his list. By July he still has 6/15 machines unsold but he's not worried, it's a hot title in a hot market. They'll come eventually.

Months later Stern is backlogged, the runs are delayed and Stern is tight lipped. Reductions are rumored but nothing confirmed with buyers calling daily looking for updates they don't have. Finally the run gets rolling in Aug/Sept and they finally hear from Stern that they're getting "10 machines next week. Maybe a few more at the end of the run if we get lucky with parts deliveries this week."

Your dist starts going down his list to set up final payments/deliveries. 5 are paid immediately by wire, 3 pay by check, 1 went to voicemail. The last 1 cancels with a story about how since he hadn't heard anything he assumed he got cut and started calling around and found one at DistB. "He wanted $500 more than you and he was such a jerk!"

5 machines ship that day. He's got 1 machine left he can sell right now and 4 more in limbo for at least a week until payment is confirmed. There's also a chance a few more will show up next week. You're 6th in line.

#9347 2 years ago

After nearly 9 months of waiting, I finally joined the club!! My machine got delivered yesterday. I had heard nothing from my distributor until "it's here. If you can pay your balance we can deliver it today".
I had to adjust the newton ball switch as it wasn't registering except for really hard direct hits but other than that everything else seems good.
Do you guys adjust your outlanes? Mine came with them wide open and the ball drains so easily. I'm thinking of making them smaller one notch.

#9348 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You mean the sling plastic protectors?
[quoted image]

Yea those, but I saw that you can get a set for all plastics.

#9349 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Yea those, but I saw that you can get a set for all plastics.

Yeah, I just had them for the lane guides and slings. Looked very nice.

#9350 2 years ago

It’s home

CB521250-4FC7-4825-93FA-73430CDB5328 (resized).jpegCB521250-4FC7-4825-93FA-73430CDB5328 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/187?hl=tbaum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.