(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,641 posts
  • 1,039 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 hours ago by Sorokyl
  • Topic is favorited by 497 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6659 (resized).png
IMG_6658 (resized).png
IMG_6660 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6664 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6662 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6663 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5503 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240325_202244_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240325_202205_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
IMG_8122 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8120 (resized).png
IMG_8121 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240325_110734_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240325_110223_Gmail (resized).jpg
20240322_134838 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 313.
#9151 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

appreciate this news as I’ve heard some are trickling out over next month.
Been waiting to get back in this club.

nice. my first time in club but I have the other 2 Elwin games and just love them.Next Elwin game on order too. Running out of space...

#9152 2 years ago

Nice. Hope you get one first as I was a dumb ass and now want back in.
Maiden is still turning out great tunes and the game is a gem.

#9153 2 years ago

So this game will be getting a code update eventually for the Insider Connect program. What are the chances that one of the wizard modes becomes available as a mini game at the start?

#9154 2 years ago

New pic of my game room now showing the new (to me) AC/DC but more relevant to this topic, the IMDN pinball banner I picked up last weekend at SFGE.

DDE80EEF-9AA5-4305-8D61-28AB210C1CA2 (resized).jpegDDE80EEF-9AA5-4305-8D61-28AB210C1CA2 (resized).jpeg
#9155 2 years ago

looks awesome. My game comes soon and Id love to find a topper for not 2k. heh

#9156 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

What are the chances that one of the wizard modes becomes available as a mini game at the start?

Good one!

#9157 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

buddy of mine called me to let me know his NIB Iron Maiden Premium is being delivered next week. I have one on order as well from elsewhere so he was just giving me a heads up. Does anyone know if they actually fit in a run of IM Premiums over last few weeks?

My distributor told me they are going down the line this coming week. I hope my premium is in this weeks run,it has been bumped 2 times already.

#9158 2 years ago
Quoted from Forum-ninja:

My distributor told me they are going down the line this coming week. I hope my premium is in this weeks run,it has been bumped 2 times already.

I have heard the same, can’t wait to get this thing in my arcade! I had a pro and always regretted selling it. Jumping up to a premium this time!

#9159 2 years ago

Hi,
Anyone knows what means a Limited Edition playfield named “ EGYPT LE”?

05D6AF54-2B7E-4D86-82CB-717852740B0F (resized).jpeg05D6AF54-2B7E-4D86-82CB-717852740B0F (resized).jpegA02B61B2-0DDC-423D-B80A-E72FB4BCE72A (resized).jpegA02B61B2-0DDC-423D-B80A-E72FB4BCE72A (resized).jpeg
#9160 2 years ago

Hi guys. Finally joined the club this weekend and added a pro to the basement! One quick question, should be mummy newton ball be slightly loose? Every newton ball I have encountered before has been solid tight to the playfield and didn't move at all. This one has a tiny bit of movement. I figured no problem, I would just snug it up, but the nut is all the way to where the threads stop, making me think the slight bit of slop is intentional. Should it be sloppy, or should I add a few washers under the nut to snug it up?

#9161 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Coil stop. 95% sure. New investor-driven Stern famously uses cheap ones with quality inversely proportional to the price they're charging for the machines. Lots of failures in the first few weeks of ownership. You're lucky yours lasted 2 years.
Fortunately it's an easy, cheap $5 fix from Pinball Life. Might as well do them both while you're in there...

For some reason i'm having a hard time finding these at PBL. Haven't been on there in quite some time, but shopped there plenty. Part #?

#9162 2 years ago
Quoted from mbarreira:

Hi,
Anyone knows what means a Limited Edition playfield named “ EGYPT LE”?[quoted image][quoted image]

Im assuming Egypt was the code name of Iron Maiden game before release. Thats what that usually is

#9163 2 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

For some reason i'm having a hard time finding these at PBL. Haven't been on there in quite some time, but shopped there plenty. Part #?

https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html

98% sure these are the ones..

#9164 2 years ago

Thanks! Anyone confirm these are the correct ones??

#9165 2 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Thanks! Anyone confirm these are the correct ones??

Yes, those worked fine for me.

#9166 2 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Yes, those worked fine for me.

Perfect.

#9167 2 years ago

Just got the call that my pro is shipping. I ordered back in May. Got all my Day 1 parts together!

4CCA4623-BF10-4981-B133-EE1A54896C0D (resized).jpeg4CCA4623-BF10-4981-B133-EE1A54896C0D (resized).jpeg
#9168 2 years ago
Quoted from ToddSonOfOdin:

Just got the call that my pro is shipping. I ordered back in May. Got all my Day 1 parts together!
[quoted image]

Where’d you get the cool looking apron sticker?

#9169 2 years ago

https://wizardmod.com/

I have them on a few other games, fairly good quality and they do a decent job of trying to integrate with the PF artwork. I just never liked aftermarket cards for home use.

#9170 2 years ago

https://wizardmod.com/
I have them on a few other games, fairly good quality and they do a decent job of trying to integrate with the PF artwork. I just never liked aftermarket cards for home use.

thanks! I saw that grill cover for Iron Maiden in allentown at the lermods booth. they didnt know where it came from. Just ordered.

#9171 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

thanks! I saw that grill cover for Iron Maiden in allentown at the lermods booth. they didnt know where it came from. Just ordered.

If you have the Pro, I hope you ordered the Night/Dark theme!

#9172 2 years ago

[quoted image]

What are these? Floor protectors?

And congrats!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9173 2 years ago

https://www.pinballlife.com/perfectplay-silicone-leg-leveler-casters-set-of-4.html

I like these as they keep the game planted. I’ve only ever had games on wood floors and I’m a big tilter so they get some sway!

Quoted from mbwalker:

What are these? Floor protectors?
And congrats!
[quoted image]

#9174 2 years ago

Anyone know where i can buy the node board connectors? particularly after a 4 pin. Cheers

#9175 2 years ago

Do you mean molex .1? You can get them from jaycar.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9176 2 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Do you mean molex .1? You can get them from jaycar

Are they actually a molex plug though? if the sizing is .100 then i guess the .100 IDC plugs would fit also?

#9177 2 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Are they actually a molex plug though? if the sizing is .100 then i guess the .100 IDC plugs would fit also?

Yep. Molex is pretty easy. Long nose pliers will work. More stable than idc.

#9178 2 years ago

Shaker motors are .156. Electronics stuff is .1 I believe. I used .1 for cn15 on the board next to the coin door.

Edit: reason I went molex as well is that I could get them from jaycar. I could only find idc from pinball supplies which were more expensive.

#9179 2 years ago

I was having some air all issues with my left ramp wireform, so I designed these. Made some extras if anyone needed the air ball protection with a little flair.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1250-tucson-pinball/05361-a-father-s-wisdom-iron-maiden-left-ramp-jump-guards

#9180 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Hi guys. Finally joined the club this weekend and added a pro to the basement! One quick question, should be mummy newton ball be slightly loose? Every newton ball I have encountered before has been solid tight to the playfield and didn't move at all. This one has a tiny bit of movement. I figured no problem, I would just snug it up, but the nut is all the way to where the threads stop, making me think the slight bit of slop is intentional. Should it be sloppy, or should I add a few washers under the nut to snug it up?

Bump..could someone please go poke their pro newton ball and see if it's mounted solid or loose? Thanks!

#9181 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I was having some air all issues with my left ramp wireform, so I designed these. Made some extras if anyone needed the air ball protection with a little flair.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1250-tucson-pinball/05361-a-father-s-wisdom-iron-maiden-left-ramp-jump-guards

It is really neat that you could design these. I wonder if there is a way to solve the issue so you don’t need them? I’ve never seen an air ball on the left ramp on any Maiden I’ve played, I bet you’d be able to get yours dialed in the same. If you put your phone in slow motion video record, can you catch what it the ball is hitting and adjust? I did have an occasional airball on my right ramp and it was caused by hitting a screw/nut that was ever so slightly in the ramp’s path. Bending the ramp up a tiny bit solved it.

#9182 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Also, cool that you designed these but I have never seen an issue with air balls here. I would second pickleric’s advice on seeing where the ball is being obstructed on the wireform and correct that first.

#9183 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Near mod but I’ve never had this issue .

#9184 2 years ago

The ramp jumping on my machine has moved from time to time. It’s on location and has a few thousand plays on it, so it’s not just me playing it. I’ve had a few happen to me, but just a few months ago a player said they had the ball lip out of the very bottom of the wireform like a basketball. It’s been at my location for almost 2 years or so and that had never shown up for such a long time.

I’ve tried to narrow down what caused it, but it’s like an electrical gremlin that only happens every so often so it’s really hard to track down the source of the issue.

I’ve felt and there are no burrs, no damage, no wonky bends that seem out of place, and it’s very inconsistent when and where the air balls happen. With these I don’t have to worry about it anymore.

Outside of this, the game has been rock solid on location and I love the game for sure.

#9185 2 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

It is really neat that you could design these. I wonder if there is a way to solve the issue so you don’t need them? I’ve never seen an air ball on the left ramp on any Maiden I’ve played, I bet you’d be able to get yours dialed in the same. If you put your phone in slow motion video record, can you catch what it the ball is hitting and adjust? I did have an occasional airball on my right ramp and it was caused by hitting a screw/nut that was ever so slightly in the ramp’s path. Bending the ramp up a tiny bit solved it.

I just did the same thing yesterday and it worked like a charm, hasn't taken air since

#9186 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes. A very small amount of extra gap or else it may not register at all.
And for the multiple switches activating from vibration, iphone slo-mo recording is your friend. Record in slo-mo as you do it and you can play it back and see all the switches that triggered.

This worked well, switch no longer firing - thanks!

Think my only outstanding issue is… how the hell do you properly remove/install the center ramp? There’s absolutely no room to work down there and every nubby/angled/etc. screw driver I’ve tried simply does not have the clearance to disconnect/reconnect ramp to the up/down mech on prem/le. I’m guessing I need to remove 1/4 of the pf to get to it? Bah! If anyone has experience or instructions, would be very grateful, as my temp hack is running thin, and now ramp getting stuck in an up-above-up position too often, only closing when a mode changes, however this means it’s down position is the normal up position and tough to play. Cheers!

#9187 2 years ago

Pro shipped to me this week.

16674F30-8227-4AD4-850E-6C2371A109E3 (resized).jpeg16674F30-8227-4AD4-850E-6C2371A109E3 (resized).jpeg
#9188 2 years ago
Quoted from bellaveraj:

Pro shipped to me this week.
[quoted image]

Nice! Does it have insider connected?

#9189 2 years ago

3... 2.. 1.. 420!

#9190 2 years ago

Any IMDN Premiums shipped or delivered this week? I still haven't heard anything about mine.

#9191 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Any IMDN Premiums shipped or delivered this week? I still haven't heard anything about mine.

I got a call from my distro today saying the Premium I ordered had shipped. I was sort of surprised because I was expecting to hear someone talk about it here first.

#9192 2 years ago
Quoted from digdug2084:

I got a call from my distro today saying the Premium I ordered had shipped. I was sort of surprised because I was expecting to hear someone talk about it here first.

Same here. Looks like I will be able to pick it up next week. SUPER excited.

#9193 2 years ago

In an interview last week Bruce said he's been playing the IM pin a lot during lockdown and that it's inspired him to want to add Rhime to their live set.

#9194 2 years ago

Did they put lower power coils in this game compared to recent Sterns? Seems like I have to hit ramps from being trapped up and it has to be a very clean shot for them to make it, have the coil power maxed out and my coil stops are fine.

#9195 2 years ago

I’ve cut my flipper power down by 20% otherwise the ball flys off the habitrails.

#9196 2 years ago
Quoted from AntennaMan:

I’ve cut my flipper power down by 20% otherwise the ball flys off the habitrails.

Is yours a pro or premium/LE? I did have a pro on loaner before my LE and noticed the coils were a lot stronger, could backhand the right ramp on the pro but can't even come close to doing that on my LE.

#9197 2 years ago
Quoted from shaunpurslow:

Same here. Looks like I will be able to pick it up next week. SUPER excited.

damn i havent gotten my call yet. hoping Ill get that soon

#9198 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Is yours a pro or premium/LE?

Pro

#9199 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Did they put lower power coils in this game compared to recent Sterns? Seems like I have to hit ramps from being trapped up and it has to be a very clean shot for them to make it, have the coil power maxed out and my coil stops are fine.

Is the bottom of your flipper gapped ok? There should be a gap of about the thickness of a credit card between the bottom of the flipper and the top of the bushing. If it isn't gapped or not enough it can cause drag to cause what you're feeling.

#9200 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is the bottom of your flipper gapped ok? There should be a gap of about the thickness of a credit card between the bottom of the flipper and the top of the bushing. If it isn't gapped or not enough it can cause drag to cause what you're feeling.

I'll check, did notice I have 5032 coils on my AIQ compared to 5020 ones on IMDN.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,350 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 24.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 313.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/184?hl=tbaum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.