(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 183 of 317.
#9101 2 years ago

Im going to start downvoting and hunting down anyone who says they dont mind a price hike or paying for code updates.
Keep that crap to yourself. The walls have ears.

Meanwhile,
Gary: we can charge them for code updates? Done!

#9102 2 years ago

They need to ship with 1.0 code before they can start thinking about charging for updates.

#9103 2 years ago
Quoted from bruinfan:

They need to ship with 1.0 code before they can start thinking about charging for updates.

They don't now so WTF? They can also raise prices while simultaneously lowering quality, and that includes less complete code at time of sale. This is ripe for abuse! Where would you draw the line for 1.0 code? All my Sterns have code beyond 1.0 and I didn't pay extra for it!
The only thing I can think of that would be justifiable would be something like an online service for tournament play etc. or service diagnostics beyond warranty, because that's entirely optional and aside from the actual game you just payed for.

#9104 2 years ago

I’m guessing they feel a release out to how far they’ll go with codes.Meaning if a game sells well out of the shoot ,they’ll go the extra mile knowing it will rerun until the license is up .If it takes a shit out of the gate that’s all your getting .The owners of JJP Pirates ,the most pricey modern pin out there ,are still waiting for a finished code after 3-4 years .That tells me no more will be made .Does this make sense ?

#9105 2 years ago

Actually with the Munsters code rumors ,being told to make it simple .Why can’t they install 3 codes to choose from on any pin upon release ? There’s people that come by my house playing the first time and they flip away but once I start talking rules to them they seem to get aggravated .They just want to flip ,see lights and hear sounds .Make a beginner ,tourney,and master code to the game so you won’t have people looking for a pin that fits they’re style .Each pin could have the style anyone is looking for .

#9106 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Actually with the Munsters code rumors ,being told to make it simple .Why can’t they install 3 codes to choose from on any pin upon release ? There’s people that come by my house playing the first time and they flip away but once I start talking rules to them they seem to get aggravated .They just want to flip ,see lights and hear sounds .Make a beginner ,tourney,and master code to the game so you won’t have people looking for a pin that fits they’re style .Each pin could have the style anyone is looking for .

WhoDunnit does a simple version of this.

#9107 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m really liking the blue .
[quoted image][quoted image]

How hard were the Tilt stairs to install? They look really cool!

#9108 2 years ago

My machine glitched last night! Eddie letters were complete on the LCD and the Eddie arrows were not lit, but battle start was not lit either. Luckily it was a bad game and I just drained the ball away. Has this happened to anyone else?

#9109 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Quoted from ykcor1138:

How hard were the Tilt stairs to install? They look really cool!

They were real easy .Same as installing side art cut 1/2 tge backing away and lay it in place ,after getting half set pull the other half of backing off .push air out sides with your fingers then i trimmed the corners with a new sharp utility blade .

#9110 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think that would be a great idea .One pin can attract beginners and experts alike .

#9111 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

once I start talking rules to them they seem to get aggravated.

That's true as hell!

#9112 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I think that would be a great idea .One pin can attract beginners and experts alike .

A well coded game already does this.

#9113 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

One of maiden's strengths ruleswise is it pulls that off with a single ruleset.

Base objectives are clear and rewarding enough that even complete novices have a blast with it, yet the best games played by the best players with most/all the objectives finished still have massive opportunity to improve through better shooting/stacking/etc.

#9114 2 years ago
Quoted from craif:

Base objectives are clear and rewarding enough that even complete novices have a blast with it, yet the best games played by the best players with most/all the objectives finished still have massive opportunity to improve through better shooting/stacking/etc.

Out of all the pins I’ve played so far, this to me is the top of the mountain for all around package .Never gets old .

#9115 2 years ago
Quoted from craif:

100% agree with this - out of all the machines I have, Maiden is definitely the one you can just hit and have fun and still have a decent game, progress through some modes and get a respectable score. But you can also employ a few strategies and improve your game with some structure if you so wish. It's absolutely brilliant for that...

#9116 2 years ago

Up the irons!

PXL_20210816_171206523 (resized).jpgPXL_20210816_171206523 (resized).jpg
#9117 2 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

Up the irons!
[quoted image]

Nice! Been so close maybe tonight’s the night .

#9118 2 years ago

Drive 5 hrs round trip last night to pickup IM premium. Can’t wait to set it up today.

#9119 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Drive 5 hrs round trip last night to pickup IM premium. Can’t wait to set it up today.

When I do these trips to pick up pins I don't even stop the pee before setting up.....

#9120 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

When I do these trips to pick up pins I don't even stop the pee before setting up.....

Lol got home at midnight . Long day.

#9121 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Lol got home at midnight . Long day.

haha. All good. Enjoy it!

#9122 2 years ago

Has anybody received or heard any news on the IM run that was supposed to happen towards the end of August? I gave my deposit in March.

#9123 2 years ago
Quoted from OCP2:

Has anybody received or heard any news on the IM run that was supposed to happen towards the end of August? I gave my deposit in March.

pretty sure pros are coming end of august still, premiums delayed til end of september/beginning of october

#9124 2 years ago

speaking of, do ya'll know if they will ever make more toppers, or are those long gone?

#9125 2 years ago

Anybody else hyped for the new album? It's shaping up to be Book of Souls Part 2 which is a great thing in my book.

#9126 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

LOL! I wish I could get that anxious again! But at my age, nothing makes you that anxious.

#9127 2 years ago
Quoted from OCP2:

I was told to expect my pro sometime in 4th quarter

#9128 2 years ago
Quoted from OCP2:

I ordered a Munsters from the last run, and it's on the line being made now when it wasn't supposed to run until September People are getting shipping notices now. I'M was supposed to run before Munsters, so like someone said, probably pushed back till September. I ordered my IM thinking i would have it in July.

#9129 2 years ago

I just talked to my distributor and he said Stern did run Iron Maiden, but shorted his order, he's expecting to get 8 premiums by the end of August, the rest will be run in early 2022.

#9130 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead1550:

I just talked to my distributor and he said Stern did run Iron Maiden, but shorted his order, he's expecting to get 8 premiums by the end of August, the rest will be run in early 2022.

My distributor says that premiums build date moved to first week of September, I didn’t ask about pros so no info there.

#9131 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

My distributor says that premiums build date moved to first week of September, I didn’t ask about pros so no info there.

Thanks for the info, seems like it changes daily with Stern. I ordered a Munsters too, and Stern shorted my distributor and they are only sending him 3 and I'm fourth on the list, I hope they don't do the same with Iron Maiden.

#9132 2 years ago

I'm told next year on my Premium too which is a bummer.....

#9133 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Why can’t they install 3 codes to choose from on any pin upon release ?

Seems like most of the time they can't even get one code upon release.

#9134 2 years ago

I finally hit the stage in my life where I could afford to get a machine and wanted something NIB for my first purchase. I was extremely excited when I began my search to discover that IM was still in production as they are one of my favorite bands and have been for decades. I placed my deposit in April and have struggled to not lose excitement as multiple delays have occurred. Just spoke with my distributor and they stated that as of yet, Stern hasn't pushed back the run of IM Pro (they did split it though and thankfully I am in the first batch) again so hoping that means they will ship any day now. I just created this account in anticipation of getting my machine and being a pin collector. I can't wait to throw on the vinyl of Senjutsu, crack a can of Sun and Steel and start learning my machine.

#9135 2 years ago
Quoted from Zathras:

I finally hit the stage in my life where I could afford to get a machine and wanted something NIB for my first purchase. I was extremely excited when I began my search to discover that IM was still in production as they are one of my favorite bands and have been for decades. I placed my deposit in April and have struggled to not lose excitement as multiple delays have occurred. Just spoke with my distributor and they stated that as of yet, Stern hasn't pushed back the run of IM Pro (they did split it though and thankfully I am in the first batch) again so hoping that means they will ship any day now. I just created this account in anticipation of getting my machine and being a pin collector. I can't wait to throw on the vinyl of Senjutsu, crack a can of Sun and Steel and start learning my machine.

There is a cool app called pinbrowser where can change out the songs on Stern games. I swapped some of the songs on my Kiss and Iron Maiden to deeper cuts rather than the greatest hits type stuff on there by default . Highly recommended for the Stern music pins

#9136 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

There is a cool app called pinbrowser where can change out the songs on Stern games. I swapped some of the songs on my Kiss and Iron Maiden to deeper cuts rather than the greatest hits type stuff on there by default . Highly recommended for the Stern music pins

Then none of the modes or animations match up though. Just put music on your stereo while you play pinball if you want more variety

#9137 2 years ago

Having issues now with my lower right flipper sticking. Installed PBL lighted flipper buttons over 2 years ago and have had no problems until recently. It "feels" like it might be the button itself, but unsure. I've fiddled with the button numerous times and seems to work fine. Anyone also have issues, and what did you do to remedy the problem?

#9138 2 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Having issues now with my lower right flipper sticking. Installed PBL lighted flipper buttons over 2 years ago and have had no problems until recently. It "feels" like it might be the button itself, but unsure. I've fiddled with the button numerous times and seems to work fine. Anyone also have issues, and what did you do to remedy the problem?
[quoted image]

Not sure if this helps, but someone just posted about fixing their sticky flipper button in the Mando thread.... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-the-mandalorian-owners-club/page/25#post-6463975

#9139 2 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Is the flipper bat staying up? If so it's most likely the coil stop.

#9140 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Is the flipper bat staying up? If so it's most likely the coil stop.

Yes

#9141 2 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Coil stop. 95% sure. New investor-driven Stern famously uses cheap ones with quality inversely proportional to the price they're charging for the machines. Lots of failures in the first few weeks of ownership. You're lucky yours lasted 2 years.

Fortunately it's an easy, cheap $5 fix from Pinball Life. Might as well do them both while you're in there...

#9142 2 years ago

On my Premium, pretty often when selecting songs it'll select as I'm cycling through and award me Mystery Level 1, as if the clunk of the flippers is hitting a switch. The switch tests, I've never had to to before, and it confuses me. I do see when I clunk clunk on the flippers, once in a while, square to the left lights (which normally doesn't) but have no way to ID which switch this is. Obviously has to be the orb, as that's where mystery levels light. What am I looking for under the pf to fix this? Cheers!

#9143 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

On my Premium, pretty often when selecting songs it'll select as I'm cycling through and award me Mystery Level 1, as if the clunk of the flippers is hitting a switch. The switch tests, I've never had to to before, and it confuses me. I do see when I clunk clunk on the flippers, once in a while, square to the left lights (which normally doesn't) but have no way to ID which switch this is. Obviously has to be the orb, as that's where mystery levels light. What am I looking for under the pf to fix this? Cheers!

Glass off
System menu
Switch test mode
Smack the playfield firmly with your open palm in a few places and watch the screen
It should trigger the switch that's causing the issue and you'll see the name on screen
It will probably be the newton ball or the other ball at the lower switch with the crystal ball art
Adjust that switch to be a little less sensitive
Return glass
Play

#9144 2 years ago

Switch hits awarding mystery and sets the playfield active. The game thinks you manual plunged and locks in the song. I've seen the same thing on a location pro so its not specific to the newton ball, but if the switch is on a hair trigger I'm sure it wouldn't help.

#9145 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Glass off
System menu
Switch test mode
Smack the playfield firmly with your open palm in a few places and watch the screen
It should trigger the switch that's causing the issue and you'll see the name on screen
It will probably be the newton ball or the other ball at the lower switch with the crystal ball art
Adjust that switch to be a little less sensitive
Return glass
Play

and
craif

Great, thank you, and the steps I assumed needed to be taken. However, what does adjusting a switch look like; what am I looking for and how am I adjusting? I've been in IT a long time, dealt with plenty of pre-SS stuff, so feel comfortable tweaking, just have never done so before so not sure what I'm looking for or adjusting when "switch" is mentioned. Only started buying pins in June, so this will be a first. If there's a write-up link or other sort of guide, that's cool too. Cheers!

#9146 2 years ago

and
craif
Great, thank you, and the steps I assumed needed to be taken. However, what does adjusting a switch look like; what am I looking for and how am I adjusting? I've been in IT a long time, dealt with plenty of pre-SS stuff, so feel comfortable tweaking, just have never done so before so not sure what I'm looking for or adjusting when "switch" is mentioned. Only started buying pins in June, so this will be a first. If there's a write-up link or other sort of guide, that's cool too. Cheers!

Figure out which switch it is first. Once you know the switch, you'll be able to see what type it is (leaf switch, arm switch, opto) and that will dictate the adjustment. It's probably a leaf switch at one of the two balls (newton at the top and the other at the bottom), but verify where your problem is with the hand smacking first then report back and we'll go from there.

#9147 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Figure out which switch it is first. Once you know the switch, you'll be able to see what type it is (leaf switch, arm switch, opto) and that will dictate the adjustment. It's probably a leaf switch at one of the two balls (newton at the top and the other at the bottom), but verify where your problem is with the hand smacking first then report back and we'll go from there.

Well the switch in question has to be the bottom captive ball since that’s what gets set off for the mystery award. The switch test had so much going on and words flash so quickly that I have no idea what to make of it. So let’s assume it’s the bottom captive ball, what am I looking to do under the pf? Am I widening the leaf switch contacts a bit?

#9148 2 years ago

Well the switch in question has to be the bottom captive ball since that’s what gets set off for the mystery award. The switch test had so much going on and words flash so quickly that I have no idea what to make of it. So let’s assume it’s the bottom captive ball, what am I looking to do under the pf? Am I widening the leaf switch contacts a bit?

Yes. A very small amount of extra gap or else it may not register at all.

And for the multiple switches activating from vibration, iphone slo-mo recording is your friend. Record in slo-mo as you do it and you can play it back and see all the switches that triggered.

#9149 2 years ago

buddy of mine called me to let me know his NIB Iron Maiden Premium is being delivered next week. I have one on order as well from elsewhere so he was just giving me a heads up. Does anyone know if they actually fit in a run of IM Premiums over last few weeks?

#9150 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

buddy of mine called me to let me know his NIB Iron Maiden Premium is being delivered next week. I have one on order as well from elsewhere so he was just giving me a heads up.

appreciate this news as I’ve heard some are trickling out over next month.
Been waiting to get back in this club.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 183 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/183?hl=obed_marsh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.