(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,646 posts
  • 1,042 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by vikingerik
  • Topic is favorited by 497 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2458 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2456 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2459 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6659 (resized).png
IMG_6658 (resized).png
IMG_6660 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6664 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6662 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6663 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5503 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240325_202244_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240325_202205_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
IMG_8122 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8120 (resized).png
IMG_8121 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,646 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 313.
#8851 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I can’t believe sometimes when a small part drops how it disappears into thin air.I dropped the auto plunge spring .Can’t find it anywhere and not wasting anymore time looking .Does anyone know if it’s a common spring I can pick up at the hardware store or is it something i need to order ?

Looking at your lineup, you have a Deadpool. Just take that spring to the hardware store and see if you can find something similar.

#8852 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I can’t believe sometimes when a small part drops how it disappears into thin air.I dropped the auto plunge spring .Can’t find it anywhere and not wasting anymore time looking .Does anyone know if it’s a common spring I can pick up at the hardware store or is it something i need to order ?

You're not swearing enough while you search. You have to progressively get louder as you swear as well. Progress from the s-h word all the way to the C word. Try mixing them all together into a shit-storm of profanity. Louder and louder, like you really mean it, with an almost mournful rage of desperation in your voice. Then, and only then, will the pin-gnomes be satisfied.

#8853 2 years ago

New to me IM Prem, 1500+ plays.

I have done quite a bit of cleaning and screw tightening to it already.

Not a fan of the translite. Anything else out there?

Any suggested mods (I'm going to get blades from Tilt Graphics and shooter rod and flipper bat toppers) for this game?

Not a great big fan of action figures.

#8854 2 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

Any suggested mods (I'm going to get blades from Tilt Graphics and shooter rod and flipper bat toppers) for this game?

Check eBay for alternative translight.

Pinmonk has some good playfield lighting mods ,quieter fan ,ect.

There are several orb mods out there.
Pinball life Plastic protectors. The one by the pops broke and you have to buy a whole new set of plastics to get that one needed.

Mezel mods had some products.

Flipper fidelity sound upgrade.

Some guys are doing ramp decals that look like stairs. Tilt amusement I think.

There is whole separate thread on mods for this game.

#8855 2 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

If you don't mind that it doesn't match as much, get the pro translite from pinball life. He can special order it for you. The Prem translite always made me think of Eddie as a drum major leading a parade. Not a fan of it.

#8856 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you don't mind that it doesn't match as much, get the pro translite from pinball life. He can special order it for you. The Prem translite always made me think of Eddie as a drum major leading a parade. Not a fan of it.

I hear you on the marching band but I’m the opposite. Used prem translite on a pro.

I don’t like the robot Eddie.

#8857 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I haven't seen the LE translite, have seen the Pro translite, but did see the one on eBay, and saw one on RetroRefurbs (Powerslave theme) - I think I'm leaning for the Powerslave themed one.

Any other themed translites out there? I think I'm specifically asking for a Piece of Mind themed translite.

#8858 2 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

I haven't seen the LE translite, have seen the Pro translite, but did see the one on eBay, and saw one on RetroRefurbs (Powerslave theme) - I think I'm leaning for the Powerslave themed one.
Any other themed translites out there? I think I'm specifically asking for a Piece of Mind themed translite.

The whole LE package is sweet, and it has the best translite, but it wouldn't really match the Prem.

iron-maiden-LE-translite (resized).jpgiron-maiden-LE-translite (resized).jpg

I don't really like the powerslave alternate(s) because it's too much of the same stuff from the cab art and backboard repeated again.

#8859 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The whole LE package is sweet

Not a fan of the LE cab art, mainly cause it's totally wrong....who ever heard of a tailgunner in a Spitfire fighter??
Yeah i'm a tad of a purist but not to a painful butthurt stage LOL

#8860 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

You're not swearing enough while you search. You have to progressively get louder as you swear as well. Progress from the s-h word all the way to the C word. Try mixing them all together into a shit-storm of profanity. Louder and louder, like you really mean it, with an almost mournful rage of desperation in your voice. Then, and only then, will the pin-gnomes be satisfied.

lmao

#8861 2 years ago

I’m in, literally have waited years for the timing to be right!

I just got a JP from the May run. Ordered in April, delivered right on time. So I’m optimistic. Have not heard any rumors on part delays or the like. Good luck!

Quoted from Hammerhead1550:

Anyone getting a machine from the July run from Stern? I ordered a Premium and hope it gets here in July, and not delayed like the Munsters I ordered.

#8862 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead1550:

Anyone getting a machine from the July run from Stern? I ordered a Premium and hope it gets here in July, and not delayed like the Munsters I ordered.

Gave a deposit for my pro in March.

My first NIB.

Never played the pin, buying purely based on the positive reviews and the fact that I’m a fan of the music.

#8863 2 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Not a fan of the LE cab art, mainly cause it's totally wrong....who ever heard of a tailgunner in a Spitfire fighter??
Yeah i'm a tad of a purist but not to a painful butthurt stage LOL

Totally wrong for Iron Maiden? It‘s a Iron Maiden Comic world and works for the theme.

1C8BE0C3-9583-44DC-94F2-68C3901460EF (resized).jpeg1C8BE0C3-9583-44DC-94F2-68C3901460EF (resized).jpeg

#8864 2 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

Before you buy blades from Tilt, do yourself a favor and check out all the sweet stuff Wizard Mods is putting out.

https://wizardmod.com/collections/iron-maiden-pinball-mods

#8865 2 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Totally wrong for Iron Maiden? It‘s a Iron Maiden Comic world and works for the theme

There is a song called Tailgunner of course but the depicted image on the LE cab art is a Spitfire fighter plane.... there ain't no 2nd person in those things
By saying totally wrong i didn't refer to the song or any reference to the band, purely a historical inaccuracy. It's like Stern were trying to blend both Aces High and Tailgunner tunes in the cab art.

#8866 2 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

RetroRefurbs also has or had a Killers translite. I'm hoping my wife picked one up for me for my birthday next Tuesday

iron-maiden-killers-alternate-pinball-translite-backglass-flipper-display (resized).jpgiron-maiden-killers-alternate-pinball-translite-backglass-flipper-display (resized).jpg
#8867 2 years ago

Just heard from distrib that IM production was delayed a bit so probably on the line in August. Though the nice thing is I was able to get a premium when I originally was in line for a Pro. So Im happy about that.

#8868 2 years ago

Hello everyone! New to Pinside here.
Have always wanted to own a pinball table, and back in October that dream became a reality when I purchased my first table Iron Maiden Premium.

Absolutely love the machine and couldn't be happier with my purchase. Always loved metals bands so when picking out a table this theme was an easy choice. Having 12 songs for variety while playing is really nice as well.

Also love the challenge of the game. I'm still pretty a pinball rookie. Most of experience with pinball was in the arcades in the 90s, but now that I own a pinball table I'm trying to work on improving my skills, such as trying to get better and consistently getting the balls up the ramps.

Looking forward to getting to know folks here and learning!

#8869 2 years ago
Quoted from CanadianPapaBear:

Have always wanted to own a pinball table, and back in October that dream became a reality when I purchased my first table Iron Maiden Premium.
Absolutely love the machine and couldn't be happier with my purchase. Always loved metals bands so when picking out a table this theme was an easy choice. Having 12 songs for variety while playing is really nice as well.
Also love the challenge of the game. I'm still pretty a pinball rookie. Most of experience with pinball was in the arcades in the 90s, but now that I own a pinball table I'm trying to work on improving my skills, such as trying to get better and consistently getting the balls up the ramps.

Welcome & Congrats! What an awesome 1st pin.

#8870 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Thank you!

#8871 2 years ago

...Have always wanted to own a pinball table, and back in October that dream became a reality when I purchased my first table Iron Maiden Premium...

Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I was thinking the same - great 1st pin!

#8872 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Just heard from distrib that IM production was delayed a bit so probably on the line in August. Though the nice thing is I was able to get a premium when I originally was in line for a Pro. So Im happy about that.

I hope they push out another run of toppers while they're at it.

#8873 2 years ago

couldn’t have picked a better first .Now get the hammer drill and bolt that mutha to the floor .

#8874 2 years ago

Watch the papa Bowen instructional YouTube videos if you haven't. He's been sooo helpful to me game. Welcome!

#8875 2 years ago
Quoted from OCP2:

My first NIB.
Never played the pin, buying purely based on the positive reviews and the fact that I’m a fan of the music.

I played the pro in a local barcade before the pandemic hit, and loved it, so when I found out they were doing another run I put my order in. I've been working a lot of overtime so I could splurge for the premium. Either way it's a great game and you will love it, and like you I'm a fan of the music, I saw them in concert back in the day!

#8876 2 years ago
Quoted from OCP2:

My first NIB.

This is my first NIB pin too. I ordered a Munsters premium from the last run, but it got pushed back to September or later, so I jumped on I'M. I've been stuck working 70 hour weeks because of the pandemic, so I'm using my overtime money to buy 2 of the pins I have wanted since they came out 2 years ago.

#8877 2 years ago

Welcome to outside, and you picked a great first pin!

#8878 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Thanks for the update, I can't wait until mine gets here, and congrats on the upgrade to a Premium!

#8879 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Looking at your lineup, you have a Deadpool. Just take that spring to the hardware store and see if you can find something similar.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"bee07941c2e11e740d7ade049a9eb62857075614-1625951453-1800"};
//]]>

Hardware store had them ,I just had to clip it .Ist game after full shop and it played unreal .Was a mummy card away from my first beast battle :(Maybe tonight will be the night !

08E8FBAE-1EE7-4F5D-BB2A-404D90A7EB72 (resized).jpeg08E8FBAE-1EE7-4F5D-BB2A-404D90A7EB72 (resized).jpeg
#8880 2 years ago

looking for some help .Bought a alternate translite and wondering how to install .

#8881 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Hardware store had them ,I just had to clip it .Ist game after full shop and it played unreal .Was a mummy card away from my first beast battle :(Maybe tonight will be the night !
[quoted image]

Wow, maybe I should get that spring too!

#8882 2 years ago

I’m really liking the blue .

76649638-B796-4214-AF4B-9598D8F37704 (resized).jpeg76649638-B796-4214-AF4B-9598D8F37704 (resized).jpegB536BE07-A2C3-4631-894F-94B145EC99E6 (resized).jpegB536BE07-A2C3-4631-894F-94B145EC99E6 (resized).jpeg
#8883 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

looking for some help .Bought a alternate translite and wondering how to install .

Pull the plastic trim off carefully. Take the old translite off, you may need a knife around the edges. Put the new translite on and add some double sided tape along the edges. Put the plastic trim back on and the double sided tape will secure it.

#8884 2 years ago

I’m digging it .

FC4C73F4-5E55-4923-9035-0B9A68F84E7A (resized).jpegFC4C73F4-5E55-4923-9035-0B9A68F84E7A (resized).jpeg
#8885 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Pull the plastic trim off carefully. Take the old translite off, you may need a knife around the edges. Put the new translite on and add some double sided tape along the edges. Put the plastic trim back on and the double sided tape will secure it.

Thanks I thought this was a back glass lol

#8886 2 years ago

Taking the armor to the airbrush artist this week .

#8887 2 years ago
9EDF5DB1-3BDE-4573-BDC7-E58AE8736F31 (resized).jpeg9EDF5DB1-3BDE-4573-BDC7-E58AE8736F31 (resized).jpegA080F300-C359-4D0E-AE20-6BCE65B34F3E (resized).jpegA080F300-C359-4D0E-AE20-6BCE65B34F3E (resized).jpeg
#8888 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get that translite?

#8889 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I’m thinking of getting that same translite and adding the blue magnetic speaker panel. I’d love to see that combo.

Quoted from beergut666:

eBay has them, 100 bucks

#8890 2 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Sorry I forgot the guys name but he’s on Ebay has a nice selection .

F49F6391-1FB7-4F36-A8C7-3AADCF10511B (resized).pngF49F6391-1FB7-4F36-A8C7-3AADCF10511B (resized).png
#8891 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

delt31 has a pro translite for sale

#8892 2 years ago

Right flipper coil stop broke during second cyborg multiball and I drained. Got the 5th tomb treasure extra ball for the first time. No beast though, bombed mummy MB three times!

2021-07-13 21.41.50 (resized).jpg2021-07-13 21.41.50 (resized).jpg
#8893 2 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

Right flipper coil stop broke during second cyborg multiball and I drained. Got the 5th tomb treasure extra ball for the first time. No beast though, bombed mummy MB three times!
[quoted image]

Wow, I didn’t don’t know there was 2 Cyborg multi-balls and 5 tomb treasures, haha. I better get busy playing. Congrats. Good score.

#8894 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Wow, I didn’t don’t know there was 2 Cyborg multi-balls and 5 tomb treasures, haha. I better get busy playing. Congrats. Good score.

10 tomb treasures.

#8895 2 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

[quoted image]

Mummy card is my cryptonite

#8896 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Can you post a pic of what it looks like on your game please. Looks killer!

As promised. I think it looks pretty awesome. The blue and purple matches the pro translite pretty well. I gave you guys a peep at my rookie high score. Still learning! What a great first machine.

0_received_1689381701449745 (resized).jpeg0_received_1689381701449745 (resized).jpeg0_received_345811510326838 (resized).jpeg0_received_345811510326838 (resized).jpeg
#8897 2 years ago

Looks excellent! Now I have to get em.

#8898 2 years ago

For band fans - Iron Maiden has an announcement scheduled for tomorrow, fingers crossed it's a new album?

#8899 2 years ago
Quoted from Rock_ninja:

For band fans - Iron Maiden has an announcement scheduled for tomorrow, fingers crossed it's a new album?

Fingers crossed its a calendar of rescheduled 2020 shows and other upcoming 2022 shows

#8900 2 years ago

I'm running into what seems like a common issue plaguing these machines: the plunge and auto plunge do not consistently go around the loop. In my case, it shoots high and normally clips the tip of the upper left flipper. I have combed through the forums to capture what adjustments folks have made. After observing what's going on with my machine, I would appreciate whatever guidance you all can provide on the best things to try:

1) I first thought about adjusting the end of the shooter lane using that screw adjustment underneath the plastic. Well, it's already adjusted all the way to the left which is how I would adjust it since it's shooting high. If I can't push it further left than this adjustment is likely not going to solve my problem

2) I have already adjusted the upper left flipper a little further up and it is aligned just above the alignment hole..don't think this is the culprit

3) I noticed that ball doesn't sit perfectly centered at rest in the autoplunger...the left fork/arm may need to be bent a bit out so I'll do that

4) I noticed that the manual plunger may not be hitting the ball perfectly centered so I can look to adjust that

5) I will look at the level and pitch again, but pretty sure I'm level and at 7.0

6) I've lowered the trough eject power to test the theory on whether the ball isn't sitting centered before the auto plunge fires...hasn't worked. What number to folks lower this to

7) I have tried to lower the auto plunge power, but that doesn't really work since the plunge needs enough power to circle around the loop if it clears

What else can I try?

Thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
There are 15,646 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 313.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/178?hl=djreddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.