(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,643 posts
  • 1,041 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 minute ago by funworldgr
  • Topic is favorited by 497 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2458 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2456 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2459 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6659 (resized).png
IMG_6658 (resized).png
IMG_6660 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6664 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6662 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6663 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5503 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240325_202244_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240325_202205_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
IMG_8122 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8120 (resized).png
IMG_8121 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,643 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 313.
#8701 2 years ago
Quoted from pavelump:

I struggled with this issue for a long time. I’d adjust, file, wax, you name it. I’d get it dialed in and then it would start acting up. I finally replaced the ball guide adjustment screw with a bolt and a t-nut. Since then, I’ve been able to really lock that guide down, and so far I’ve been about at a 95% success rate. Certainly a clean playfield and lack of burrs on the end of the guide are really important too.

+1, having that ball guide locked down is the critical step. Since doing so, I've been 95%+ for over 1,000 games.

#8702 2 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

+1, having that ball guide locked down is the critical step. Since doing so, I've been 95%+ for over 1,000 games.

Can you provide a pic of what you replaced the ball guide adjustment screw with or how you locked it down?

Thanks!

#8703 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Can you provide a pic of what you replaced the ball guide adjustment screw with or how you locked it down?
Thanks!

I just cranked down the screw. Bolt and t-nut is a better solution.

#8704 2 years ago

So grateful to join this club on Saturday. Got a iron maiden pro with pinstadiums and shaker. Up the irons baby. Adore this game

#8705 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

So grateful to join this club on Saturday. Got a iron maiden pro with pinstadiums and shaker. Up the irons baby. Adore this game

Can you show some pictures with your Pinstadiums. I've been debating on purchasing.

#8706 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Thanks!

Ditto ^^

I haven't check for burrs yet, so maybe that is the first issue to check, but I'm curious what this is...

#8707 2 years ago

You probably have to drill through the playfield and replace the wood screw with one that goes all the way through and put a nut with lock washer on the bottom side.

#8708 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Can you show some pictures with your Pinstadiums. I've been debating on purchasing.

20210531_222611 (resized).jpg20210531_222611 (resized).jpg20210531_222635 (resized).jpg20210531_222635 (resized).jpg
#8709 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Me trying to talk you out of Pinstadiums.
Zero lighting mods done here.

20210531_230937 (resized).jpg20210531_230937 (resized).jpg
#8710 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Me trying to talk you out of Pinstadiums.
Zero lighting mods done here.
[quoted image]

Your playfied seems pretty bright. Did you just upgrade the bulbs to Comet's or something? I like Pinstadiums on some machines, but I actually want to keep a darker theme for Maiden. Yours looks nice

#8711 2 years ago

I’ll take my Iron Maiden with pinstadium and a nice orange/red lighting and awesome uv/flash effect over that any day. Looks way better

8CDAD6BC-589A-4B6D-91B1-A4F23091893D (resized).jpeg8CDAD6BC-589A-4B6D-91B1-A4F23091893D (resized).jpeg
#8712 2 years ago

I never thought of the orange/red tone, pretty awesome. Thanks for sharing the photos. I'm still conflicted.
I just purchased some of the Pinmink mods and attempting to buy some speaker lights (type 13). However the 5.25 speaker brackets are on backorder.

#8713 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Your playfied seems pretty bright. Did you just upgrade the bulbs to Comet's or something? I like Pinstadiums on some machines, but I actually want to keep a darker theme for Maiden. Yours looks nice

Just speaker lights. Everything else is just Stern.

#8714 2 years ago

One thing I'd like to know about Pinstadiums - I don't know if its from the camera/lens, but every time I see a pin with them installed, I find those reflections across the ramps and wireforms pretty distracting. Is it really like that, and does it bother anyone during play?

#8715 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

One thing I'd like to know about Pinstadiums - I don't know if its from the camera/lens, but every time I see a pin with them installed, I find those reflections across the ramps and wireforms pretty distracting. Is it really like that, and does it bother anyone during play?

The original Pinstadiums *did* produce that awful candy stripe effect along the sides of the game - particularly noticable if the game had ramps on the sides. The Omegas were introduced to mitigate that candy stripe effect, and are actually less $$$ than the original pinstadiums or the other, newer models which also have reduced/eliminated the striping effect. I put Omegas on all my games now that benefit from Pinstadiums. They are kind of hidden on the website, but Scott can direct you in regards to how to order them (I am sure he would prefer for you to order the newer, and much more expensive version that also diffuses the lights to eliminate the striping effect)

#8716 2 years ago

If you have a pro I would just add some red GI to match the look of the premium, I think it adds a nice ambiance to the game especially during fear of the dark

#8717 2 years ago

What is the best incline for IMDN?

#8718 2 years ago

6.66 duh,

#8719 2 years ago

Really though I liked 6.8

#8720 2 years ago
Quoted from JHS71:

Really though I liked 6.8

Cool, thx

#8721 2 years ago

I have mine set so high the balls sometimes fly off the ramps. I never measure my game I make them all as fast as possible.

#8722 2 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

I have mine set so high the balls sometimes fly off the ramps. I never measure my game I make them all as fast as possible.

Well that's my problem and trying to ask what to set it to. The balls continue to fly off the left ramp and I'd like to fix it.

#8723 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Well that's my problem and trying to ask what to set it to. The balls continue to fly off the left ramp and I'd like to fix it.

I'm at 7.2deg with 2900 games and have never had a ball fall off a ramp.

#8724 2 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

I'm at 7.2deg with 2900 games and have never had a ball fall off a ramp.

I just lowered my playfied from 7.1 to 6.8, lowered the flipper power to 245 and adjusted the ramp as best I can. It seems to be better. I did notice when I unscrew the ramp at the sling shot, the ramp wants to turn up, like it has a bend to it. We'll see how it goes. I'm a little worried about trying to bend the ramp back the opposite direction.

#8725 2 years ago
Quoted from AntennaMan:

I thought I had a trouble free IMDN, then I read this. I never knew the ball was supposed to go around the loop, either via auto or manual launch, it never occurred this was how it was supposed to be. Now I realize I've had a broken IMDN since day one.

It’s not broken you have to dial it in. Mine hits 100%

#8726 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I just lowered my playfied from 7.1 to 6.8, lowered the flipper power to 245 and adjusted the ramp as best I can. It seems to be better. I did notice when I unscrew the ramp at the sling shot, the ramp wants to turn up, like it has a bend to it. We'll see how it goes. I'm a little worried about trying to bend the ramp back the opposite direction.

Raised it back to 7.0 and with flippers lowered to 245, seems ok. I probably cleaned the playfied a bit to much.

#8727 2 years ago

What’s the most I should pay for an Egyptian topper if I can find one ?

#8728 2 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

What’s the most I should pay for an Egyptian topper if I can find one ?

$0

#8729 2 years ago

Is this just like your opinion? It’s not interactive?

#8730 2 years ago

Check out tilt-topper, he has an egyptian topper for a reasonable price.

#8731 2 years ago

Does anyone know where I can get a set of laser cut side rails?

#8733 2 years ago

Installing pinstadiums is like a filmmaker only using sitcom lighting: you lose all the beautiful nuances of the lighting in the game.

#8734 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Thanks!

My original wood screw kept coming loose. I considered refilling the hole and using the wood screw again, but I thought that I'd have better luck with a machine screw.

I drilled the original hole all the way through using a bit that was big enough to accommodate the t-nut that I attached to the back side of the playfield. I actually reused the wood screw to secure the t-nut on the back just like all of the other factory installed t-nuts.

I should say, I'm pretty sure that the arrow in the photo is pointing to the one I added, but being that it was upside down, I may be pointing at a different t-nut. Same concept anyway...

I used a #6-32 t-nut and a #6-32 x 3/4" hex head slotted machine screw.
tnut (resized).jpgtnut (resized).jpgtnut2 (resized).jpgtnut2 (resized).jpg

#8735 2 years ago

Everyone's probably all done and dusted with adding Eddies figures into their games by now but I was just recently looking up Eddie figures and found this Powerslave Eddie. I don't think he was around when I was looking a couple of years ago. Anyway I just installed him and he fits great. Just thought the pharaoh theme on Eddie worked well on the game. https://www.popcultcha.com.au/iron-maiden-pharaoh-eddie-8-action-figure.html

IM Eddie (resized).jpgIM Eddie (resized).jpg
#8736 2 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Check out tilt-topper, he has an egyptian topper for a reasonable price.

I second this - the Stern topper is (now) ridiculously expensive and pretty underwhelming, whereas Tiltopper's one looks fantastic and it's much cheaper.

#8737 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

This shooter knob is top notch work .
[quoted image][quoted image]

I love that Eddie head shooter rod, where did you get it?

80cc49f94395038770621d76c6056ded4ff003b7 (resized).jpg80cc49f94395038770621d76c6056ded4ff003b7 (resized).jpg
#8738 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Installing pinstadiums is like a filmmaker only using sitcom lighting: you lose all the beautiful nuances of the lighting in the game.

I agree. For IMDN I went with Comet Sunshine bulbs in the GI and added some spotlights to highlight key areas and to provide "accent" lighting on the left. I love how the ORB flasher makes the PF art under it pop.

22e98adc97f71391a08d6ce09f2c9cf2cca3e1d2 (resized).jpg22e98adc97f71391a08d6ce09f2c9cf2cca3e1d2 (resized).jpg
#8739 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead1550:

I love that Eddie head shooter rod, where did you get it?
[quoted image]

Tilt Graphics.I think they’re out of stock not sure if they’re making more .

#8740 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Tilt Graphics.I think they’re out of stock not sure if they’re making more .

Thank You! I'll contact them and see!

#8741 2 years ago

My baby is getting ready to be transformed .Just received lollipop side rails and waiting on my air brush artist to slide me in .3D Anubis will be getting a freash makeover also as will a full tear down and waxing (my first just jumping in )There’s a couple other “projects” in the batters box after all this .can’t wait to start .It’s going to be a process .I’m doing this for experience and it being our favorite pin .Can’t wait ….Up the Irons!

969223F1-0E5B-4DD6-88F4-FE2242565980 (resized).jpeg969223F1-0E5B-4DD6-88F4-FE2242565980 (resized).jpeg
#8742 2 years ago

Hmm just waxed my game and now I can get the ball to cleaning cross the play field from wither a manual or auto plunge... is it the wax?

#8743 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Hmm just waxed my game and now I can get the ball to cleaning cross the play field from wither a manual or auto plunge... is it the wax?

Clean playfield DOES make a big difference on Maiden.

#8744 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I have my best loop games right after cleaning .My biggest issue now is i’m either hitting the left or right ramp at will ,never together .Still no beast but have been close I’m getting there .

#8745 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sorry I mean I CANT get it across, probably had it dialed in to a less slick surface? Is it that sensitive?

#8746 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Sorry I mean I CANT get it across, probably had it dialed in to a less slick surface? Is it that sensitive?

Yes, it is THAT sensitive, or at least it can be. Is it hitting too high now (hitting the left upper flipper)?

#8747 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I have my best loop games right after cleaning .My biggest issue now is i’m either hitting the left or right ramp at will ,never together .Still no beast but have been close I’m getting there .

The left ramp, especially, on Maiden is almost entirely mental, IMO. There's plenty of room to make it, but those pop bumpers make it SEEM hard. I've found that I can get into the flow of left/right/left/right ramp shot combos when I'm not thinking about the shots too hard, just thinking about where I need to go.

Of course, Laysah disagrees, but she just enjoys being a contrarian.

#8748 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:The left ramp, especially, on Maiden is almost entirely mental, IMO. There's plenty of room to make it, but those pop bumpers make it SEEM hard. I've found that I can get into the flow of left/right/left/right ramp shot combos when I'm not thinking about the shots too hard, just thinking about where I need to go.
Of course, Laysah disagrees, but she just enjoys being a contrarian.

What PinMonk said. This is definitely a game to zone out to. When I think too hard it goes to crap.

#8749 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes, it is THAT sensitive, or at least it can be. Is it hitting too high now (hitting the left upper flipper)?

Hitting the post, my miss pre wax was the flipper...

#8750 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

My baby is getting ready to be transformed .Just received lollipop side rails and waiting on my air brush artist to slide me in .3D Anubis will be getting a freash makeover also as will a full tear down and waxing (my first just jumping in )There’s a couple other “projects” in the batters box after all this .can’t wait to start .It’s going to be a process .I’m doing this for experience and it being our favorite pin .Can’t wait ….Up the Irons!
[quoted image]

That alternate translite rocks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
There are 15,643 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 313.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/175?hl=parsonsaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.