(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,653 posts
  • 1,042 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Kkoss24
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2458 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2456 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2459 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6659 (resized).png
IMG_6658 (resized).png
IMG_6660 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6664 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6662 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6663 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5503 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240325_202244_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240325_202205_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
IMG_8122 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,653 posts in this topic. You are on page 173 of 314.
#8601 2 years ago

F yeah dude

#8602 2 years ago

A few more tweaks and I’ll have my attract mode mod completed. Also working on finishing an instrumental soundtrack version.

#8603 2 years ago

Hey guys (and gals),

Wife's still working on the colors. I think I'm wearing out my welcome tho, I may have to use the darker one.

Which one do you like best w/respect to the colors? Or neither? I think I may have to get a hobby air sprayer, I kinda like the lighter one more, but if I have her try to make the 'wrapping cloth' more dirty looking (i.e. from being buried in the sand, age), then it might begin to blend in with the face.

Keep in mind we have limited painting skills. Me: zero, Wife: Pretty darn good but still learning.

Thanks for any feedback.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8604 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

A few more tweaks and I’ll have my attract mode mod completed.

W O W
I‘m loving it

#8605 2 years ago

I like the lighter one better but both are super cool!

#8606 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Hey guys (and gals),
Wife's still working on the colors. I think I'm wearing out my welcome tho, I may have to use the darker one.
Which one do you like best w/respect to the colors? Or neither? I think I may have to get a hobby air sprayer, I kinda like the lighter one more, but if I have her try to make the 'wrapping cloth' more dirty looking (i.e. from being buried in the sand, age), then it might begin to blend in with the face.
Keep in mind we have limited painting skills. Me: zero, Wife: Pretty darn good but still learning.
Thanks for any feedback.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Lighter one. Great paint job!

#8607 2 years ago

Think i like the lighter one better also. A useful technique for the mummy wrapping would be dry brushing or "weathering", something that is fairly easy to do and is used in military scale model painting. This will achieve that kind of dirty look you are chasing.

#8608 2 years ago

I purchased the stern shooter rod upgrade and it is binding... anyone else experience this new in box? I'm going to roll the rod on my granite counter tomorrow and see if it is out of round.

#8609 2 years ago

So this happened tonight, blew a an o-ring at the 3 bank drop target, as a newbie my question is instead of just buying a replacement o-ring is there a kit that i should buy instead. I haven't looked on line as yet as I thought tapping the vast knowledge on Pinside could save me time and some grief, many thanks in advance, cheers.

20210411_195815 (resized).jpg20210411_195815 (resized).jpg20210411_195925 (resized).jpg20210411_195925 (resized).jpg
#8610 2 years ago

The manual tells you what rings are in the game. If you had several games I would suggest something like this to have on hand.
https://www.pinballlife.com/125-piece-white-rubber-ring-set.html
If it's your only game I would just have a spare set plus a few extra flipper rubbers and maybe a couple extra 2 1/2". You can buy single rings on that site and make your own kit.
Personally I like Titan rings, but it wouldn't make sense to only change a few, you would probably change the entire set.
https://www.titanpinball.com/

#8611 2 years ago
Quoted from Knackers:

So this happened tonight, blew a an o-ring at the 3 bank drop target, as a newbie my question is instead of just buying a replacement o-ring is there a kit that i should buy instead. I haven't looked on line as yet as I thought tapping the vast knowledge on Pinside could save me time and some grief, many thanks in advance, cheers.

Titan has some general kits .A lot of different colors also .

#8612 2 years ago

Thanks I will check those links out, it is my only game at present, I have DP Premium on order and told it will be here in June, thanks again.

#8613 2 years ago
Quoted from Knackers:

Here's a Titan link to the IMDN pro. Obviously, I can't vouch for the database accuracy.

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/5712

I usually print the page out of the Stern manual that shows all the rubber locations/sizes and use a yellow highlighter to mark all the locations that I replace the rubbers. Sometimes I add the date too that I replaced. I keep it in the coinbox of the pin, really comes in handy when I do some maintenance.

#8614 2 years ago
Quoted from Knackers:

I put a green Titan there are its held up for 3000 games so far

#8615 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Here's a Titan link to the IMDN pro. Obviously, I can't vouch for the database accuracy.
https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/5712
I usually print the page out of the Stern manual that shows all the rubber locations/sizes and use a yellow highlighter to mark all the locations that I replace the rubbers. Sometimes I add the date too that I replaced. I keep it in the coinbox of the pin, really comes in handy when I do some maintenance.

Thanks great idea.

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I put a green Titan there are its held up for 3000 games so far

Cool, did you change the color of all your o-rings?

#8616 2 years ago
Quoted from Knackers:

Thanks great idea.

Cool, did you change the color of all your o-rings?

I dont usually like a mashup of colour but yes, i did on this one and it works so well. Mostly navy blue except the green one i mentioned, a yellow one over in the pops by the loop shot and orange upper flippers.
I recently replaced the slings and flippers after about 3000 plays. I also rotate the slings a bit whenever I have the glass off so they last longer.

#8617 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I dont usually like a mashup of colour but yes, i did on this one and it works so well. Mostly navy blue except the green one i mentioned, a yellow one over in the pops by the loop shot and orange upper flippers.
I recently replaced the slings and flippers after about 3000 plays. I also rotate the slings a bit whenever I have the glass off so they last longer.

Thanks, after reading this I have ordered similar to what you have mentioned. I ordered green for slings and lower flippers and orange for upper flippers. Some blue for some posts and the ball shooter exit and green for the 3 drop target. I appreciate all the advice, cheers

#8618 2 years ago

Just like Eddie, I slayed it.

FDA5F06A-FE67-4D9E-93C5-5D3EA610FDA2 (resized).jpegFDA5F06A-FE67-4D9E-93C5-5D3EA610FDA2 (resized).jpeg
#8619 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

[quoted image]

What even is that number

#8620 2 years ago

Double super signed 64-bit jackpot!

#8621 2 years ago

I had to shop the game out and replace all the rubbers seven times during this game.

#8622 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

What even is that number

The number of the beast. Duh

#8623 2 years ago

What’s with the super high prices on IMDN premium these days? Bunch of listings between $8k-$9k. Did Stern retire it?

#8624 2 years ago

It's still in Stern's list of games on main page, but not "in production." Also recall seeing a post or two about another run, but nothing definite...

#8625 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

What’s with the super high prices on IMDN premium these days? Bunch of listings between $8k-$9k. Did Stern retire it?

Typical listings these days for those not willing to wait for next run. No thanks paying over retail.

#8626 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

[quoted image]

Depending on what country you come from, is that 18 quintillion and change???!

#8627 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

[quoted image]

? Wtf?

#8628 2 years ago

I heard the license is running out or ran out .Maybe with the backlog and waiting on parts it crossed the threshold .I have a late May appointment with a custom air brush company I’m going to do this machine to my liking as it’s not leaving way too much fun .It’s a premium and there will be blue/white lightning and a few characters .Does anyone know if there’s any of the custom side rails left anywhere ?

#8629 2 years ago

I’ll donate when this is done. My son would love it.

Quoted from PoMC:

A few more tweaks and I’ll have my attract mode mod completed. Also working on finishing an instrumental soundtrack version.

#8630 2 years ago

Distributor confirmed license has been renewed and waiting in conga line through Stern backup/part delays.

#8631 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I heard the license is running out or ran out .Maybe with the backlog and waiting on parts it crossed the threshold .I have a late May appointment with a custom air brush company I’m going to do this machine to my liking as it’s not leaving way too much fun .It’s a premium and there will be blue/white lightning and a few characters .Does anyone know if there’s any of the custom side rails left anywhere ?

If you are going airbrush route for custom artwork, might as well do the same for the side armor (maybe do lockdown and legs in a package) as well. Just pick up a pair of lolipop rails from pinball life and have them make something unique rather than the union jack rails.

#8632 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

If you are going airbrush route for custom artwork, might as well do the same for the side armor (maybe do lockdown and legs in a package) as well. Just pick up a pair of lolipop rails from pinball life and have them make something unique rather than the union jack rails.

Yeah that’s my backup if I can’t find the stern side rails .I saw a guy in Europe was doing these but the yellow just doesn’t look right to me .I’m going for this translite and keep with the light blue/white/red colors I think that pops well .

EF5D704A-0821-4FCB-AC84-A1BEC8ECC019.pngEF5D704A-0821-4FCB-AC84-A1BEC8ECC019.pngC349422B-DC1E-4EE2-859E-CFAB498F732B.pngC349422B-DC1E-4EE2-859E-CFAB498F732B.png
#8633 2 years ago

Lots of lightning .

#8634 2 years ago

There are ball 1's and then there are ball 1's
Holy f!
Unfortunately the pinball gods decided that was enough of that.

20210417_210142 (resized).jpg20210417_210142 (resized).jpg20210417_210845 (resized).jpg20210417_210845 (resized).jpg
#8635 2 years ago

What's the verdict on the gels vs. the pinmonk tree for adding colors tk the mode inserts? Pros and cons of each?

#8636 2 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

What's the verdict on the gels vs. the pinmonk tree for adding colors tk the mode inserts? Pros and cons of each?

Either you want to buy a solution, or you want to tinker yourself and search suitable colors.

I did it myself as I had the gels laying around from when I did strobist photography
https://www.flippers.be/iron_maiden_gel_leds.html

End result is the same - pro / cons are what you value your time.

Added over 3 years ago:

I wouldn't bother buying a set of gels as a mod - then you still have to do all the work. You're better off just buying a gel sample book (see my website) or large sheets of gel and select the colors and cut them yourself.

If you want a mod that's ready then buy the 3D printed ones.

#8637 2 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Pink monk stuff is super high quality, I would totally go that route

#8638 2 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

I bought the "gels" first with some other mods and they are complete garbage. Just little squares of film to be taped in place and the colours sucked. Do NOT buy them. If thats good enough for you, cut your own films from a craft store.

Pinmonk lenses are THE MOST ESSENTIAL MOD for Iron Maiden. It is a great product, well built, easy to install and the mode tree on a factory Iron Maiden will look wrong to you from that point on. The mode tree is a must buy. I also love the fireball loop.
I can also recommend the Pinmonk quiet fan kit. It is cheap and easy to install. No more noisy fan.

Pinmonk>garbage gels

20210418_181320 (resized).jpg20210418_181320 (resized).jpg20210418_181337 (resized).jpg20210418_181337 (resized).jpg
#8639 2 years ago

I have the monk ones too, 10 outta 10 would buy again, and I don't buy mods much.

#8640 2 years ago

I’ve played pinball for a long long time, and I just had to post in here to say that IMDN is the best machine I have ever played.
So f’in exhilarating!
What an engineering marvel!

#8641 2 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

I’ve played pinball for a long long time, and I just had to post in here to say that IMDN is the best machine I have ever played.
So f’in exhilarating!
What an engineering marvel!

Agreed .Best machine to learn how to play on .Never gets old it’s a feel good pin .

#8642 2 years ago

Quick question, does anyone know the part# for the leaf switch/spoon for the clairvoyant (bottom) newton ball?

#8643 2 years ago

Question for the group regarding the auto launcher strength, I know I've seen some folks talk about it in the past.
Recently, within the last week or so, I have found that my auto launcher is not reliably shooting the ball cross -playfield accurately. Seems to be falling short and hitting the post just below the loop entrance where it should go about 1/3 of the time, and when it does make it into the left inner loop it seems to make it only partly around that left inner loop and then fall back down. Almost as if it's not being given enough power/velocity.

This seems to be a rather consistent problem now (every game, and 90%of the time now), and that's a bummer.

The playfield is perfectly level and is cleaned and waxed and there are no obstructions. I'm thinking that the coil power needs to be more? I checked the settings and it's on the highest setting (which is the factory default setting). Do I remember hearing that some folks have changed to a stronger coil at the auto launcher? If so, what coil was used? Any other suggestions are warmly welcomed.
Thank you!

#8644 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Question for the group regarding the auto launcher strength, I know I've seen some folks talk about it in the past.
Recently, within the last week or so, I have found that my auto launcher is not reliably shooting the ball cross -playfield accurately. Seems to be falling short and hitting the post just below the loop entrance where it should go about 1/3 of the time, and when it does make it into the left inner loop it seems to make it only partly around that left inner loop and then fall back down. Almost as if it's not being given enough power/velocity.
This seems to be a rather consistent problem now (every game, and 90%of the time now), and that's a bummer.
The playfield is perfectly level and is cleaned and waxed and there are no obstructions. I'm thinking that the coil power needs to be more? I checked the settings and it's on the highest setting (which is the factory default setting). Do I remember hearing that some folks have changed to a stronger coil at the auto launcher? If so, what coil was used? Any other suggestions are warmly welcomed.
Thank you!

There should be no need for a stronger coil. Problem has to be something mechanical. Don't forget to check the end of the launch ramp... it can get dinged up. If you can feel a burr at the end, file it off.

#8645 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Thank you!

Adjust the ball guide at the end of the shooter lane

#8646 2 years ago

Anyone on this thread have PinballPro speakers on their maiden with no external sub? Im trying to dial in my sound after the last few patches. Would love to know how folks have theirs setup.

#8647 2 years ago
Quoted from LowScores:

Anyone on this thread have PinballPro speakers on their maiden with no external sub? Im trying to dial in my sound after the last few patches. Would love to know how folks have theirs setup.

I have the pinwoofer setup on my IMDN premium and I highly recommend it. Great quality product from this company. Very easy to install as well.

#8648 2 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

There should be no need for a stronger coil. Problem has to be something mechanical. Don't forget to check the end of the launch ramp... it can get dinged up. If you can feel a burr at the end, file it off.

Yes, actually I do feel a burr at the end edge of the ball guide. It is small but definitely present. I will file that off. Thank you!

Quoted from nicoy3k:

Adjust the ball guide at the end of the shooter lane

I will also see if I can make some small adjustments as appropriate to fix this issue if filing this small burr does not alleviate the problem. Thank you!

#8649 2 years ago

If anyone is looking for an HUO IMDN prem in the New England area I’ve got to let mine go, need to pick up a few pros as my location is opening back up. Ad is up in market place along with an HUO LOTR w/ led ocd and comet bulbs, super nice playfield.

4DF9F6B0-A822-4E85-991D-D372D4E4EF87 (resized).jpeg4DF9F6B0-A822-4E85-991D-D372D4E4EF87 (resized).jpeg
#8650 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

my location is opening back up.[quoted image]

Great to hear!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
6,350 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 39.00
5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop
Men
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
There are 15,653 posts in this topic. You are on page 173 of 314.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/173?hl=mpdpvdpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.