(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,795 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by STVPIN
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMNewtonBallLeaf01 (resized).jpg
IMG_5677 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5676 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_8416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8418 (resized).jpeg
20240413_163843 (resized).jpg
20240413_143449 (resized).jpg
20240412_190431 (resized).jpg
20240412_190452 (resized).jpg
Polish_20240413_140952356 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_200534433 (resized).jpg
Ironmaidenshipped (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_182738510 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,795 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 316.
#8551 3 years ago

Side armor installed

8EF66391-0FF3-406A-83EF-6A5C9412D8F8 (resized).jpeg8EF66391-0FF3-406A-83EF-6A5C9412D8F8 (resized).jpeg
#8552 3 years ago

After tinkering around w/making some 3D Stern JP T-Rex grills, I decided to try my hand at some IMDN 3D grills.

Initial concept:
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Doing a test print now (18 hrs., ugh!)

#8553 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

After tinkering around w/making some 3D Stern JP T-Rex grills, I decided to try my hand at some IMDN 3D grills.
Initial concept:
[quoted image]

Following.

#8554 3 years ago

Here's a pic of the ones I made for JP. Kudos to the wife's painting abilities.

#8555 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Initial concept:
[quoted image]

Interested and can't wait to see the final, painted product!

#8556 3 years ago

Finally hit it more than once in a game!

PXL_20210319_005359522 (resized).jpgPXL_20210319_005359522 (resized).jpg
#8557 3 years ago

How do u do one of those ? Shots?

#8558 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Hold left flipper, plunge halfway to the top orbit so it falls back to small flipper, hit super jackpot target

#8559 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Shatzing the ball up the right flipper and hitting the tombstone target.

#8560 3 years ago
Quoted from Rik_:

Shatzing the ball up the right flipper and hitting the tombstone target.

This is correct. To expand on it for those not quite familiar with a shatz, also known as an alley pass, when the ball is on the right flipper, to perform a “shatz” you let the ball roll down all the way to the very tip of the flipper and then you flip to make the ball roll up the left inlane with enough speed that it hits the graveyard market positioned above the left inlane. Hitting this target via an alley pass while in MB or in a Eddie Battle mode will complete one of the lit shots for you.

Quoted from nicoy3k:

Hold left flipper, plunge halfway to the top orbit so it falls back to small flipper, hit super jackpot target

This only awards you with an ego award for super skill shots.

#8561 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Initial concept:
[quoted image]

Updating my own post:

First pass not too bad. Need to work on the supports used during printing a little, the underside of his fists aren't the best. Wife will use it for a practice painting

#8562 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Updating my own post:
First pass not too bad. Need to work on the supports used during printing a little, the underside of his fists aren't the best. Wife will use it for a practice painting
[quoted image]

I need that, TAKE MY MONEY!!

#8563 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I need that, TAKE MY MONEY!!

LOL, can't sell since I used thingiverse.com files and did some editing/merging/cropping/combining - but I'll send you the files. Find a buddy w/printer and you should be good to go.

#8564 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Find a buddy w/printer and you should be good to go.

So it's not gonna happen, oh well. Great idea though

#8565 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Updating my own post:
[quoted image]

The model you are using looks exactly like this (including the areas about the wrists and teeth that allow you to plug in the broken chains)

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3193572

Are you the original designer?

Edit: nevermind - I see you addressed that already. Would've been cool if you were the og designer.

#8566 3 years ago

Do u have a different eddie for tge other speaker?

#8567 3 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

The model you are using looks exactly like this (including the areas about the wrists and teeth that allow you to plug in the broken chains)
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3193572
Are you the original designer?
Edit: nevermind - I see you addressed that already. Would've been cool if you were the og designer.

Yep - that's the one. Didn't use all of it, just the head and the body. Boy, I wish I had those artistic abilities - I probably can't even make a square correctly in the drawing tools!

#8568 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Do u have a different eddie for tge other speaker?

I was just going to 'mirror' the grill for the other side. If there was more Iron Maiden figures available, I might consider doing something different for the other grill. But in general, I sort of like it symmetrical.

#8569 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I was just going to 'mirror' the grill for the other side. If there was more Iron Maiden figures available, I might consider doing something different for the other grill. But in general, I sort of like it symmetrical.

I'd love the .stl for that, and if you have it, just the speaker grill. As a side note, most of the models on thingverse are licensed as such that as long as you give credit to the original designer you can sell them.
Edit: just looked, that Eddie is under a non commercial licence, so no selling

#8570 3 years ago
Quoted from Rik_:

I'd love the .stl for that, and if you have it, just the speaker grill. As a side note, most of the models on thingverse are licensed as such that as long as you give credit to the original designer you can sell them.
Edit: just looked, that Eddie is under a non commercial licence, so no selling

Hey Rik_, PM me your e-mail and I will send the stl. And I do have just the speaker grill too (got that from thingiverse too, but I had to alter and mod).

Not even interested in selling if I could, too much work. I'm retired - I don't want another job! Just fooling around in TinkerCad and if something interesting happens to pop out that others want - they can have the files.

#8571 3 years ago

I have some parts for sale (as a set).

It's the Pharoah protector, Cliffy for under ramp (Prem/LE), and the opto and ball trap fix.

PM me if you're interested.

PXL_20210318_174419211 (resized).jpgPXL_20210318_174419211 (resized).jpg
#8572 3 years ago

Had some fun on Iron Maiden the other night on location @ The Bonus Round in Sioux Falls, SD. Been playing this machine more and been flirting with breaking into the top scores. I managed to blow up Hallowed Be Thy Name with 140,553,200 points.

I wish pinside would do some kind of top score thing for different modes on different machines. I'm not sure if this is a decent score for this mode or not but it felt great!

160004782_433834821017180_5962348845950440969_n (resized).jpg160004782_433834821017180_5962348845950440969_n (resized).jpg
#8573 3 years ago

I joined the club yesterday picking up an Iron Maiden Premium via trade for a SW Premium. I'm a big fan of the band and always loved the flow of this pin. Looks like the right flipper is a little weak which I need to troubleshoot more and now I'm looking at mods. If anyone sees the Stern mummy topper for sale at a reasonable price (I know I'm dreamin') please let me know!

#8574 3 years ago

Welcome to the club! I’d pop in new coil stops, sleeves and maybe new linkages. You’ll need all the power you can to defeat the mathafakkin beast!!!

Quoted from VirtualMayhem:

I joined the club yesterday picking up an Iron Maiden Premium via trade for a SW Premium. I'm a big fan of the band and always loved the flow of this pin. Looks like the right flipper is a little weak which I need to troubleshoot more and now I'm looking at mods. If anyone sees the Stern mummy topper for sale at a reasonable price (I know I'm dreamin') please let me know!

#8575 3 years ago

Not sure if I’m going crazy or not but I’m suddenly finding the upper loop shot impossible to hit. I can hit the super jackpot shot much more easily than the loop. It’s possible that my flipper came off of alignment very slightly when I had to remove the flipper mech to get to a post, although the tip of the flipper is pretty close to being aligned with the dot.

Should the super jackpot be easier than the loop? Any tips for dialing this in?

#8576 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Not sure if I’m going crazy or not but I’m suddenly finding the upper loop shot impossible to hit. I can hit the super jackpot shot much more easily than the loop. It’s possible that my flipper came off of alignment very slightly when I had to remove the flipper mech to get to a post, although the tip of the flipper is pretty close to being aligned with the dot.

I personally feel that shot is the toughest one in the game by design.

#8577 3 years ago

If anyone has a lot of experience with pinball browser on this title with the latest code, could you PM me?

Thanks!

#8578 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Update: I moved my upper left flipper a few millimeters to the right and made a huge difference....

#8579 3 years ago

Gonna replace the left (orb) newton ball on my premium today, anyone have any advice? Is it as simple as unscrewing the ball from the actuator post?

#8580 3 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Gonna replace the left (orb) newton ball on my premium today, anyone have any advice? Is it as simple as unscrewing the ball from the actuator post?

Yes it's easy, the centering cone is also screwed on to the threaded rod on the ball.

#8581 3 years ago

I replaced the newton ball and I still have the same issue. Is this amount of play normal? In the video below I am just spinning the ball, not putting any pressure on it one way or another.

#8582 3 years ago

#8583 3 years ago

I created a custom version of the Pro software that replaces: the “light tunnel” loop (can see that change on boot up); all tutorial videos (3 that show how to reach various MBs) and the Stern attract modes videos (3 that show putting a quarter in the machine).

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xuuZMGXsHFpR5ZDi6

Game over clip that replaces the light tunnel clip.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2uC3tYE9cUYLnHV28

I have a few other ideas, like replacing the tour date list, but spent enough time time on this already.

#8584 3 years ago

iron maiden again production?

#8585 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I created a custom version of the Pro software that replaces: the “light tunnel” loop (can see that change on boot up); all tutorial videos (3 that show how to reach various MBs) and the Stern attract modes videos (3 that show putting a quarter in the machine).
I have a few other ideas, like replacing the tour date list, but spent enough time time on this already.

Very cool. Great work.

#8586 3 years ago

Changed Eddy “Piece of Mind” original from Stern factory for the one from Neca and took a picture of them together to check who is the winner.

D99D5A2D-15CB-4904-9416-07A24AABFE74 (resized).jpegD99D5A2D-15CB-4904-9416-07A24AABFE74 (resized).jpeg
#8587 3 years ago

Neca is definitely nicer, but I’d take either one over the flat plastic on the pro.

#8588 3 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Neca is definitely nicer, but I’d take either one over the flat plastic on the pro.

Plastic artwork by zombie yeti vs a made in China action figure !

#8589 3 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

I have zero problem with the flat plastics in this game. Still sharp and this game is more about gameplay. My Metallica was decked out but Maiden is almost good as is (essential Pinmonk mode tree)

20210329_232140 (resized).jpg20210329_232140 (resized).jpg
#8590 3 years ago
Quoted from mbarreira:

Changed Eddy “Piece of Mind” original from Stern factory for the one from Neca and took a picture of them together to check who is the winner.[quoted image]

That looks sweet, was the NECA figure a direct replacement without any drilling or customizing? I'm tempted to order one of these myself and do the swap, got any pictures of it installed and how do you mount the chains?

#8591 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

That looks sweet, was the NECA figure a direct replacement without any drilling or customizing? I'm tempted to order one of these myself and do the swap, got any pictures of it installed and how do you mount the chains?

Just a small clamp around his left foot. But there’s more ways to do it. This was the quickest way without changing anything. This small clamp keeps Eddie solid even without anything on his right foot ( hot glue, screw or Velcro )

A0169FC6-542A-4958-A349-7B0E376DDB9F (resized).jpegA0169FC6-542A-4958-A349-7B0E376DDB9F (resized).jpegE1C4B5B6-D134-4B6C-9BB0-9F0D93D318A1 (resized).jpegE1C4B5B6-D134-4B6C-9BB0-9F0D93D318A1 (resized).jpeg
#8592 3 years ago

Tilt Topper makes a better topper than Stern at a fraction of the price. Can’t recommend their product enough

40AC3EAA-6B2A-4314-9826-3355F85D2396 (resized).jpeg40AC3EAA-6B2A-4314-9826-3355F85D2396 (resized).jpeg
#8593 3 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Tilt Topper makes a better topper than Stern at a fraction of the price. Can’t recommend their product enough
[quoted image]

Disagree

#8594 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Wow....how is this not blowing up on this thread?!? good work!

#8595 3 years ago
Quoted from Alaskanzen:

Wow....how is this not blowing up on this thread?!? good work!

It's pretty awesome work.

#8596 3 years ago

I posted around a week ago about a 3D printed speaker grill I've been working on. Maybe after a half a dozen failed prints I finally split it up into 3 prints...much better.

Time for the wife to paint! Still a practice print tho, but the quality is pretty much 'spot on'.

#8597 3 years ago

Looks cool, but won’t it ruin the sound?

#8598 3 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

Looks cool, but won’t it ruin the sound?

I thought about that earlier and moved the powerslave mummy lower on the grill. But when I was printing it last night, I thought I had moved it down even more towards the bottom and that I might have grabbed the wrong file. The body is tilted forward maybe 20 degrees, so from around the shoulders up, that's not blocking the grill (plus it makes it look cooler).

Definitely don't want it centered up on the grill!

#8599 3 years ago
Quoted from fhk:

iron maiden again production?

Supposedly another production run is about to take place. I have a preorder in and am hoping that it actually happens. One positive note is that it no longer shows “sold out” on the the Stern website.

#8600 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I posted around a week ago about a 3D printed speaker grill I've been working on. Maybe after a half a dozen failed prints I finally split it up into 3 prints...much better.
Time for the wife to paint! Still a practice print tho, but the quality is pretty much 'spot on'.
[quoted image]

Wife's working on the paint colors.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 15,795 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 316.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/172?hl=dantesmark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.