(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,641 posts
  • 1,039 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by Sorokyl
  • Topic is favorited by 497 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6659 (resized).png
IMG_6658 (resized).png
IMG_6660 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6664 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6662 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6663 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5503 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240325_202244_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240325_202205_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
IMG_8122 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8120 (resized).png
IMG_8121 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240325_110734_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240325_110223_Gmail (resized).jpg
20240322_134838 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 313.
#8501 3 years ago

Are the right and left ramps really just that hard to hit? Lol! Man....
Been specifically practicing them and even when I really focus I'm like 1 for 10. Watching YouTube players go through Icarus like butter hits me in the feels.

#8502 3 years ago
Quoted from NickyRicky:

Been specifically practicing them and even when I really focus I'm like 1 for 10. Watching YouTube players go through Icarus like butter hits me in the feels.

They are fairly late on the flipper. I don't have them down perfect yet, but a lot better than I used to. Just keep practicing and you'll eventually get them down!

#8503 3 years ago
Quoted from NickyRicky:

Same here. Little mini upper flipper loop shot is hard for me too.

#8504 3 years ago
Quoted from NickyRicky:

I have the left one down pretty good. Still have a little trouble on the right one, but it's gotten a lot better. I too have some trouble with the upper left mini flipper loop shot. And what's the key in Flight of Icarus mode? i always fall apart when i get there. I shoot L and R ramp best i can but always come up short

#8505 3 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I have the left one down pretty good. Still have a little trouble on the right one, but it's gotten a lot better. I too have some trouble with the upper left mini flipper loop shot. And what's the key in Flight of Icarus mode? i always fall apart when i get there. I shoot L and R ramp best i can but always come up short

Just alternate left/right ramps to keep the Icarus combo going. The shout-outs will guide you: "To the left!", "To the right!", etc. or "No, your OTHER right!! muahahaa" (when you shoot the same ramp twice in a row).

#8506 3 years ago
Quoted from malklavious:

Just alternate left/right ramps to keep the Icarus combo going. The shout-outs will guide you: "To the left!", "To the right!", etc. or "No, your OTHER right!! muahahaa" (when you shoot the same ramp twice in a row).

That's what i do. Combo, combo combo. Well, i try best i can. How many dam combos does it take?

#8507 3 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

That's what i do. Combo, combo combo. Well, i try best i can. How many dam combos does it take?

I think your trying to get as many as you can.

#8508 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I think your trying to get as many as you can.

That's what i assumed. Was just curious if you hit a certain amount you actually beat Icarus in that mode. Still not 100% sure after having this pin for 2 years of what exactly i'm trying to do, SOME of the time

#8509 3 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

That's what i assumed. Was just curious if you hit a certain amount you actually beat Icarus in that mode. Still not 100% sure after having this pin for 2 years of what exactly i'm trying to do, SOME of the time

You need to get 20M from combos. First ramp is worth something like 2M, if you combo the next ramp it is worth 4M, combo a third ramp is is worth 8M, etc. The values increment slightly with each ramp hit as well. If the combo times out the value drop and stops doubling.

If you are on the newest code the center ramp will light and you'll be able to bail from the mode once you hit 20M.

#8510 3 years ago

The ramps are tough by design. The easy shots are in the middle. Ive seen the best players in the world go cold and brick those ramps.

#8511 3 years ago
Quoted from truthdivides:

You need to get 20M from combos. First ramp is worth something like 2M, if you combo the next ramp it is worth 4M, combo a third ramp is is worth 8M, etc. The values increment slightly with each ramp hit as well. If the combo times out the value drop and stops doubling.
If you are on the newest code the center ramp will light and you'll be able to bail from the mode once you hit 20M.

Thanks! I am on the newest code to by the way, which i love. Think my biggest issue with the complete ruleset as a whole is, I almost ALWAYS play this title by myself, so i never have enough opportunity to see what's fully going on on the LCD display. I'm always following my ramps, spinners, orbits etc, but the rest is harder to follow IMO some of the time cuz your so busy playing, especially when in MB which is often

#8512 3 years ago

Does the orbit protector come by default on new games now?

#8513 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Does the orbit protector come by default on new games now?

I think it does, my game was an older build date so it didn't. Though stern is sending me a protector. I actually went ahead and bout the cliffy because its carbon fiber and cliff said the stern one is more likely to bend over time.

#8514 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I think it does, my game was an older build date so it didn't. Though stern is sending me a protector. I actually went ahead and bout the cliffy because its carbon fiber and cliff said the stern one is more likely to bend over time.

Hopefully, worst case I'll just request one. Mine is from 2018 and didn't either. I put a deposit down on a premium as a gift for my dad so hopefully it comes with one from the factory.

#8515 3 years ago

Is Stern still producing Iron Maidens?

#8516 3 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Is Stern still producing Iron Maidens?

I heard no, but maybe someone else knows for sure.

#8517 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

New ones coming off the line in July-ish timeframe. Had a deposit but couldn't wait and grabbed a used one in great condition instead.

#8518 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Yes in later spring/summer according to dist.

#8519 3 years ago

I think it’s still in production for July... though Mike at automated services told me he isn’t sure the run is going to happen dude to some out of stock parts

#8520 3 years ago

Hi everyone, thinking of picking up an Iron Maiden pro. Can’t try it in the wild because of the pandemic closing down bars. I currently have a 1 pin collection consisting of the shadow. Based on videos and reviews it looks like something I would like. I’m also a fan of the music. Do you think this will be a good choice for a second pin? Thks

#8521 3 years ago
Quoted from OCP2:

Hi everyone, thinking of picking up an Iron Maiden pro. Can’t try it in the wild because of the pandemic closing down bars. I currently have a 1 pin collection consisting of the shadow. Based on videos and reviews it looks like something I would like. I’m also a fan of the music. Do you think this will be a good choice for a second pin? Thks

If your a fan of the music like myself this is a no brainer.The only other stern I’ve played tgats in this catagory would be DP.IMDN never gets old as far as play goes .

#8522 3 years ago

IMDN is arguably the best pin ever made, you will love it. It’s an amazing machine. If you only had ONE pin I’d go with IMDN

Quoted from OCP2:

#8523 3 years ago
Quoted from OCP2:

Do it. It's the only pin in my collection that gets played daily, always "one more game" on it. My pro has been trouble free, easy to replace rubbers on, and occasionally gets used in Jukebox mode to Up the Irons!

#8524 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I think it’s still in production for July... though Mike at automated services told me he isn’t sure the run is going to happen dude to some out of stock parts

It makes sense Mike at Pinballs.com did take IMDN off his website for now.

#8525 3 years ago
Quoted from OCP2:

I own or have owned many of the recent Sterns and can honestly say that Iron Maiden is the best modern Stern machine hands down. I’d strongly recommend it even if you hate the music. If you are a fan, it is a no brainer. You simply must own this game. I also believe the Pro (which is what I own) is one of the best Pros that Stern has made (along with TMNT and Metallica).

BTW mine sits right next to a Shadow I picked up a month or so ago. They complement each other really well.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8526 3 years ago
Quoted from OCP2:

I can only say one thing. Up The Irons!

#8527 3 years ago
Quoted from OCP2:

It certainly is possibly the best game ever made.

Doesn't seem to get stale like nearly every other game.

Nearly had mine 3 years.

Bolted to the floor!

And I am not an Iron Maiden fan.

#8528 3 years ago

Agree one of Sterns best. Go for it.
Circumstances led to letting go of mine too soon but plans are underway to remedy that.

#8529 3 years ago
Quoted from OCP2:

Buy it. I’m a maiden fan and it took me forever to pull the trigger because the game looks meh on videos. Holy cow bat man the theme integration, assets, call outs, energy blew me away.

#8530 3 years ago

Thank you everyone for your input. I’ll post pics once I become an official member.

#8531 3 years ago

So, is it safe to say that Maiden is the equal to what the Addams Family was in its day (maybe not sales wise)?It’s very possible if you think about it, either way I think there both great.

#8532 3 years ago
Quoted from OCP2:

Thank you everyone for your input. I’ll post pics once I become an official member.

Awesome! There's a reason why it was my first home pin ever. Played hundreds of other pins on location throughout the years and IMDN just kept calling to me. Challenging yet so satisfying once you really rip into a game with the music pumping, the beast talking sh!t, and your adrenaline going. The total package!

#8533 3 years ago
Quoted from JoeinNJ:

So, is it safe to say that Maiden is the equal to what the Addams Family was in its day (maybe not sales wise)?It’s very possible if you think about it, either way I think there both great.

I’m not seeing the parallel here... why is Iron Maiden like Addams Family?

#8534 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I’m not seeing the parallel here... why is Iron Maiden like Addams Family?

They are both popular? Otherwise I am not seeing it either.

#8535 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Odd, I asked a couple of distributors and they hadn't heard this. I really hope it doesn't get cancelled, I have a deposit down for my dad and am super excited because it should line up approximately with his birthday.

#8536 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

I have a deposit down for my dad and am super excited because it should line up approximately with his birthday.

Best - son - ever.

26837BC8-03FC-4815-B768-EE05FD880B7B (resized).jpeg26837BC8-03FC-4815-B768-EE05FD880B7B (resized).jpeg
#8537 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Best - son - ever.

Haha, he deserves it. Cointaker told me they'd confirm with Stern and let me know, though they think it's unlikely the run is being cancelled.

#8538 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Odd, I asked a couple of distributors and they hadn't heard this. I really hope it doesn't get cancelled, I have a deposit down for my dad and am super excited because it should line up approximately with his birthday.

for what it’s worth stern is sending me a replacement play field and they told me they are out of stock but will be making more since and it is still in production.

#8539 3 years ago

Can someone please tell me which GI bulbs are red on the prem/le? I want to give my pro that look. Thanks

#8540 3 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

They are both popular? Otherwise I am not seeing it either.

Nothing like each other, except that they are possibly the two greatest pinball machines ever made. I know that of my collection these two get the most play, with AFM not far behind

#8541 3 years ago

Joined the club today and Iron Maiden claimed a spot on the main wall.

IMG_5111 (resized).JPGIMG_5111 (resized).JPGIMG_5118 (resized).JPGIMG_5118 (resized).JPG
#8542 3 years ago

Nice. Howd u mount the records to ur wall?

#8543 3 years ago

Excited to have joined the club! Snagged a super nice Premium and love the game! I had a few questions for the group:

1) What playfield angle are folks using? Mine is at 7.0 and I turned the flippers up to the highest setting and I feel like the game is too steep

2) The machine is currently running the 1.6 code and I want to upgrade to the newest code. The machine has a custom sound mix on it which I kinda dig, but I read about the newer code from Dec 2020 and it definitely looks like I need to get it. If I were to download the stern code from the website and install via usb, will the machine update successfully (i.e. overwrite the custom code) even though it has custom code on there now?

3) If anyone has recently leveraged pinball browser to create a custom sound mix, I'd like to pick your brain as I'd like to do so once I get the new code. I love the machine, but I don't love Maiden's music. Please PM me if you can offer up some insights.

Thanks!

#8544 3 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

If anyone has recently leveraged pinball browser to create a custom sound mix, I'd like to pick your brain as I'd like to do so once I get the new code. I love the machine, but I don't love Maiden's music. Please PM me if you can offer up some insights.

I'm going to work on an Iron Maiden instrumental version - all the same Maiden songs, just without vocals.

#8545 3 years ago

Blasphemer! Maiden rips.

Quoted from per3per3:

Excited to have joined the club! Snagged a super nice Premium and love the game! I had a few questions for the group:
1) What playfield angle are folks using? Mine is at 7.0 and I turned the flippers up to the highest setting and I feel like the game is too steep
2) The machine is currently running the 1.6 code and I want to upgrade to the newest code. The machine has a custom sound mix on it which I kinda dig, but I read about the newer code from Dec 2020 and it definitely looks like I need to get it. If I were to download the stern code from the website and install via usb, will the machine update successfully (i.e. overwrite the custom code) even though it has custom code on there now?
3) If anyone has recently leveraged pinball browser to create a custom sound mix, I'd like to pick your brain as I'd like to do so once I get the new code. I love the machine, but I don't love Maiden's music. Please PM me if you can offer up some insights.
Thanks!

#8546 3 years ago

Does anyone on here have the alternate Eddie KILLERS Translite from Retro Refurbs? If so i'd like to see a few pics. Still thinking about ordering one

#8547 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I'm going to work on an Iron Maiden instrumental version - all the same Maiden songs, just without vocals.

I would be interested in this. I don't mind the vocals, but I think I would prefer it without them.

#8548 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I would be interested in this. I don't mind the vocals, but I think I would prefer it without them.

Probably also making one with covers of the Iron Maiden songs. I've found some good ones.

#8549 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Quoted from PoMC:

Probably also making one with covers of the Iron Maiden songs. I've found some good ones.

Blasphemy!!!!
In Bruce we trust.

#8550 3 years ago

Agree. Bruce fucks.

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Blasphemy!!!!
In Bruce we trust.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 300.00
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
There are 15,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 313.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/171?hl=dantesmark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.