(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,641 posts
  • 1,039 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 hours ago by Sorokyl
  • Topic is favorited by 497 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6659 (resized).png
IMG_6658 (resized).png
IMG_6660 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6664 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6662 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6663 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5503 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240325_202244_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240325_202205_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
IMG_8122 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8120 (resized).png
IMG_8121 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240325_110734_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240325_110223_Gmail (resized).jpg
20240322_134838 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 313.
#8451 3 years ago

You can just buy a premium translite online.

Quoted from SaltyCracker:

Hi Guys,
I'm new in the Pinball society.
I have an Iron Maiden Pro but the translite is not really my favorite. I prefer the one from the premium model or if not available the one from the LE.
So I would like to do the other translite by myself. Therefore my question is: is someone here who can do a hi-resolution photo from his premium/LE translite and send it to me?
Thx in advance and Regards

#8452 3 years ago

Hi Guys,
I have an Iron Maiden Pro but the translite is not really my favorite. I prefer the one from the premium model or if not available the one from the LE.
So I would like to do the other translite by myself. Therefore my question is: is someone here who can do a hi-resolution photo from his premium/LE translite and send it to me?

you can buy directly from stern premium translites

#8453 3 years ago

I'd REALLY prefer an LE translite for my Pro. Is that even feasible? I'm pretty sure the LE's were glass, and not obtainable unless you bought an LE. Is this correct?

#8454 3 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I'd REALLY prefer an LE translite for my Pro. Is that even feasible? I'm pretty sure the LE's were glass, and not obtainable unless you bought an LE. Is this correct?

I don't know if they are glass but they are mirrored and I think just glued to the glass. You are correct that they are only available to LE owners.

#8455 3 years ago

Hi Guys,

You also have these 2 options:

DB24AE26-2375-46BB-96D0-DCE069739449 (resized).jpegDB24AE26-2375-46BB-96D0-DCE069739449 (resized).jpegFE4BF06F-956E-4337-BF31-100457A5E583 (resized).jpegFE4BF06F-956E-4337-BF31-100457A5E583 (resized).jpeg
#8456 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

You also have these 2 options:[quoted image][quoted image]

I'd be up for a Killers translite. Who has them?

#8457 3 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

The hint is in the watermark.

#8458 3 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Wasn't even paying attention. Got it, Thanks!

#8459 3 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Anyone who's bought from them have an idea how long in terms of shipping since they're not in the states??

#8460 3 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Anyone who's bought from them have an idea how long in terms of shipping since they're not in the states??

Ask Mudflaps he just bought a Stranger Things one.

#8461 3 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

But Killers isnt Bruce

#8462 3 years ago

Thx for your answers.
I know, that I can buy one, but first I want to try doing it by myself.
So maybe someone with a premium model can do a hi-res photo from the translite for me.
Thx...

#8463 3 years ago

Thx for your answers.
I know, that I can buy one, but first I want to try doing it by myself.
So maybe someone with a premium model can do a hi-res photo from the translite for me.
Thx...

Because it's backlit, it will be difficult for most people to capture accurately without a large flatbed scanner. Just buy the readily-available Stern one and save the DIY for an actual DIY project.

#8464 3 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Quoted from Bohdi:

I have both. They are fine. Definitely a little more "faded" but are worth it.

#8465 3 years ago

Does anyone make a translite of the LE backglass? I’ve always liked that pic but sadly it’s only for LE peeps...

#8466 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:But Killers isnt Bruce

Don't matter, Killers is killer

#8467 3 years ago

Love the original Killers album art, however I think Derek Riggs’ versions of Eddie will not look quite right on any of the games which clearly has a different aesthetic modeled after the LOTB motif.

#8468 3 years ago

Looks like Music City sold their $20K NIB LE.... Wild!

#8469 3 years ago

Noticed the screws that attach the whole back panel to the rear of the playfeild, through the L brackets, are loose.
Seems they should be tight no? Or am I missing something?

20210227_075600 (resized).jpg20210227_075600 (resized).jpg20210227_075736 (resized).jpg20210227_075736 (resized).jpg
#8470 3 years ago

Umm yeah... u should never see the screw threads, ever.

#8471 3 years ago

Are the screws getting softer?

Twice on my right flipper, the screws holding in the coil stop have broken in half.

Never had this happen on any game before.

IMG_7759 (resized).jpegIMG_7759 (resized).jpeg
#8472 3 years ago

I had the coil stop screw break on mine as well.

#8473 3 years ago

Me too. Had to replace the bracket... no biggie tho

#8474 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Twice on my right flipper, the screws holding in the coil stop have broken in half.
Never had this happen on any game before. [quoted image]

Those screws Stern use have always been kind of junky, but yeah, they seem to be getting softer. I tend to change them out for the black oxide socket head cap type when I change coil stops.

#8475 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Those screws Stern use have always been kind of junky, but yeah, they seem to be getting softer. I tend to change them out for the black oxide socket head cap type when I change coil stops.

Do you a have link to those?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8476 3 years ago
Quoted from truthdivides:

Do you a have link to those?

I just have a box of these, but this should be the same thing:
https://www.albanycountyfasteners.com/Socket-Cap-Screw-10-32-Black-Oxide-Stainles-p/12200000.htm

Make sure you're getting the 10-32 ones like on that link. Pretty sure the length is 3/8" (but it could be 1/2").

#8477 3 years ago
Quoted from Numskul:

Finally joined the club!!!
Anyone know where to get the metal playfeild protector that goes behind the bullseye ramp?
Thx[quoted image]

cliffy, it’s carbon fiber

#8478 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Never had this happen on any game before. [quoted image]

I've had this happen twice on my Imdn also... and I know of others in the area whom it's happened to. Never had it happen on any other Stern (or any other) game! I had no luck drilling out the broken screw so I just replaced the whole bracket.

#8479 3 years ago

Hi friends, I just joined the club with a NIB pro and have a couple of questions

1. Is it supposed to be hard to hit the center ramp with the right flipper? It needs to be a really early hit on the flipper to avoid the mummy target and it doesn’t really get enough speed to make the jump to the target

2. I want to add red GI like the prem/le. Which bulbs should I buy and which ones should I switch out?

3. My game is a June 2018 build, is that pretty early? Anything I should look out for? Seems to play great out of the box

Thanks!

#8480 3 years ago

Center ramp shot is easy with either flipper. Waiting to hear about the bulbs....

#8481 3 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Center ramp shot is easy with either flipper. Waiting to hear about the bulbs....

What is your pitch? It’s def an easy shot just feels like sometimes it doesn’t have enough power off the right flipper

#8482 3 years ago

How many plays on the game? I just put in new linkage and sleeves at about 1k plays. It’s like night and day. You could also try just putting in a clean coil sleeve, sometimes it makes all the difference.

Quoted from nicoy3k:

Hi friends, I just joined the club with a NIB pro and have a couple of questions
1. Is it supposed to be hard to hit the center ramp with the right flipper? It needs to be a really early hit on the flipper to avoid the mummy target and it doesn’t really get enough speed to make the jump to the target
2. I want to add red GI like the prem/le. Which bulbs should I buy and which ones should I switch out?
3. My game is a June 2018 build, is that pretty early? Anything I should look out for? Seems to play great out of the box
Thanks!

#8483 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

How many plays on the game? I just put in new linkage and sleeves at about 1k plays. It’s like night and day. You could also try just putting in a clean coil sleeve, sometimes it makes all the difference.

Zero plays, it was new in box

#8484 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Zero plays, it was new in box

My right flipper was very weak out of the box. The flipper was too tight to the playfield. I added the proper gap and it was much stronger. I believe this was a common issue.

#8485 3 years ago

I've got it at 6.7

#8486 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

My right flipper was very weak out of the box. The flipper was too tight to the playfield. I added the proper gap and it was much stronger. I believe this was a common issue.

Yes, same here.

#8487 3 years ago

Not sure if this has already been talked about,but why all the crap on top the prem & LE sarcophagus?!? You can't even see the image on the plastic through all the crap,& it doesn't help with stuck balls so why!? I took mine off a long time ago & always wondered WTF that was all about....

20210306_002008 (resized).jpg20210306_002008 (resized).jpg
#8488 3 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Not sure if this has already been talked about,but why all the crap on top the prem & LE sarcophagus?!? You can't even see the image on the plastic through all the crap,& it doesn't help with stuck balls so why!? I took mine off a long time ago & always wondered WTF that was all about....
[quoted image]

It's ugly, but that stack of plastics guides the ball to the upper left flipper if the captive ball is already loaded. Removing it changes the gameplay and isn't advised.

#8489 3 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

[quoted image]

It’s by design, and you can get an aftermarket ball trap plastic for that gap to the right: https://pu-parts.com/iron-maiden-premium-le-mummy-ball-deflector

#8490 3 years ago

Hi guys

Can someone share a pic of the protector behind the center ramp? I’m guessing my game doesn’t have it

Edit: nevermind found it

#8491 3 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I'm considering a local trade for a HUO Iron Maiden premium in exchange for a Star Wars premium (not comic art) that is also HUO. He has added pingrafix Hieroglyphics art blades, shaker motor and the spitfire mod. I've got Stern art blades and shaker motor in my Star Wars. This would seem to be a pretty even trade.

Is there anything with the Iron Maiden premiums that I should be aware of - look out for when checking out the pin? I read through the last few pages here and didn't see anything big jump out at me. I'll refrain from asking everyone's opinion on IM vs SW - been covered elsewhere here

Thanks for your time!

#8492 3 years ago

Uhh....

This game is absurdly good.

I knew it would have a nice layout but I’m blown away by the entire package. It’s incredibly immersive, the sounds and call outs are AAA. It’s insanity good. I’ve owned Jurassic park before and there is no comparison, this is 5x a better game...

#8493 3 years ago

Just joined with a Pro. Having a blast. I'm a minor blade person how do they look in it?

#8494 3 years ago

I honestly think IMDN is the best pin ever made. I’ve got EHOH and JP sitting right next to it but I just play Maiden over and over. It’s just got endlessly satisfying gameplay moments. Shits magick.

Quoted from nicoy3k:

Uhh....
This game is absurdly good.
I knew it would have a nice layout but I’m blown away by the entire package. It’s incredibly immersive, the sounds and call outs are AAA. It’s insanity good. I’ve owned Jurassic park before and there is no comparison, this is 5x a better game...

#8495 3 years ago

Just make sure the ramp target and lane behind the ramp aren’t beat to ish and you should be good. Also, check to make sure all the sarcophagus lock functions are firing 100%

Quoted from VirtualMayhem:

Hi Everyone,
I'm considering a local trade for a HUO Iron Maiden premium in exchange for a Star Wars premium (not comic art) that is also HUO. He has added pingrafix Hieroglyphics art blades, shaker motor and the spitfire mod. I've got Stern art blades and shaker motor in my Star Wars. This would seem to be a pretty even trade.
Is there anything with the Iron Maiden premiums that I should be aware of - look out for when checking out the pin? I read through the last few pages here and didn't see anything big jump out at me. I'll refrain from asking everyone's opinion on IM vs SW - been covered elsewhere here
Thanks for your time!

#8496 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I honestly think IMDN is the best pin ever made. I’ve got EHOH and JP sitting right next to it but I just play Maiden over and over. It’s just got endlessly satisfying gameplay moments. Shits magick.

Magic is a good word to describe it... from watching videos and owning JP I thought it would be a technical shooter with a good sound track and limited personality... boy is that wrong. This game feels like Keith Elwin traveled back in time to make a game in the hey day of Williams. It feels alive

#8497 3 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

I forgot to mention that if it wasn't commonly known, there are speaker impedance software settings for each set of speakers (not sure if this was introduced after the last update?). So in my example, since I am using car audio speakers, I needed to change the backbox speaker setting from 8 to 4 ohm. With fader and 10band EQ settings (also individually controlled between backbox and cabinet speakers), you really can fine tune the audio.

Thank you so much for pointing this out. I upgraded my Prem speakers to Kenwoods and thought the sound quality took a step backwards, but this setting and some the other fine tuning (reducing bass frequency) has made the game sound great. Cheers!

#8498 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Just make sure the ramp target and lane behind the ramp aren’t beat to ish and you should be good. Also, check to make sure all the sarcophagus lock functions are firing 100%

Thanks, that is great advice. Going to get some pics in a couple days when he is back in town. I wouldn't have thought to look at this - especially the condition of the lane behind the ramp!

#8499 3 years ago

Cliffy on the drop 3 bank worth it?

#8500 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Cliffy on the drop 3 bank worth it?

I do find balls hang up on the inside edge fairly frequently, usually if the center target has dropped but the lower one is still up I've been meaning to remove it but haven't got around to it yet.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,350 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 15,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 313.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/170 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.