(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,592 posts
  • 1,038 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by rwmech5
  • Topic is favorited by 497 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2024-03-18 15.28.14 (resized).jpg
IMG_4171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4166 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4165 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4167 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
20240316_162345 (resized).jpg
20240312_134332 (resized).jpg
20240312_172201 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240311_231711952 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240311_210431677 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240312_002728435 (resized).jpg
IMG_6312 (resized).jpeg
2024-03-09 19.26.49 (resized).jpg
2024-03-09 19.25.51 (resized).jpg
2024-03-09 19.27.12 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,592 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 312.
#8301 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Lots of info on the alignment and it not making it. My questions is quite the contrary. Aligned like a dream. I'm thinking maybe coil stop or coil losing power maybe.

Coil stop is a good idea to check. How long has it been since a wax? The balls fly up the orbit on mine after a fresh wax.

#8302 3 years ago

Just looked at my notes and I waxed about 175 games ago so pretty recently.

#8303 3 years ago
Quoted from Skeets:

I still have your pro...nice to see you revisit one of sterns best

Sweet! I'm glad it's gotten some good use!

#8304 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Lots of info on the alignment and it not making it. My questions is quite the contrary. Aligned like a dream. I'm thinking maybe coil stop or coil losing power. On a cold start of the game it makes it fine, but as time wears on it seems to get weaker and weaker probably as its temperature rises. Just speculating. Maybe its time for a new coil even..

I'm going to apologize. Sorry, having a dumb day, but it also turns out I'm the idiot. Really thought I was in the JP thread.

#8305 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Just looked at my notes and I waxed about 175 games ago so pretty recently.

Check the auto plunger kicker arm - i suddenly was having problems with the auto launch and after trying all sorts of things noticed that the kicker arm bracket had more play and was causing the auto-launch to be erratic. I ended up realigning the bracket with a ball in the shooter lane and once i figured that the ball was centered with the bracket i added another eclip to the assembly to remove most of the side to side travel of the auto plunger. Since adding the eclip the auto launch is back over 95+% success rate.

#8306 3 years ago
Quoted from Birdnest:

Check the auto plunger kicker arm - i suddenly was having problems with the auto launch and after trying all sorts of things noticed that the kicker arm bracket had more play and was causing the auto-launch to be erratic. I ended up realigning the bracket with a ball in the shooter lane and once i figured that the ball was centered with the bracket i added another eclip to the assembly to remove most of the side to side travel of the auto plunger. Since adding the eclip the auto launch is back over 95+% success rate.

Here is a post about it ->
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/155#post-6007896

#8307 3 years ago

So it turns out my local grocery store carries Iron Maiden beer. Didn’t read like my kind of drink, but I am pleasantly surprised by it. Kinda like a weird Yuengling and Budweiser bastard child.

It pairs well with the best pinball machine of all time.

C6364738-D4D1-4E97-9A85-15B66F7F366E (resized).jpegC6364738-D4D1-4E97-9A85-15B66F7F366E (resized).jpeg
#8308 3 years ago

I think I see what's causing the taste issue. If you drink what is inside the can the flavor may be more appealing.

#8309 3 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

So it turns out my local grocery store carries Iron Maiden beer. Didn’t read like my kind of drink, but I am pleasantly surprised by it. Kinda like a weird Yuengling and Budweiser bastard child.
It pairs well with the best pinball machine of all time.
[quoted image]

I upvoted this despite the tongue because of the beer and the shirt.

#8310 3 years ago

Not bad either lol

IMG_20210125_191958053 (resized).jpgIMG_20210125_191958053 (resized).jpg
#8311 3 years ago

XPA here, tastes bloody great, cheers

20210125_194357 (resized).jpg20210125_194357 (resized).jpg
#8312 3 years ago

What kind of wussie beer is all this Maiden 4.5%? Might as well drink Corona. Try something with a little more bite...

the-alchemist-heady-topper-4-pack-cans_1 (resized).jpgthe-alchemist-heady-topper-4-pack-cans_1 (resized).jpg
#8313 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

What kind of wussie beer is all this Maiden 4.5%? Might as well drink Corona. Try something with a little more bite...
[quoted image]

That stuff is potent!

#8314 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

That stuff is potent!

Not to derail our thread, but I am surprised that Maiden beer is so light (as the band is kick-ass). I have to say Heady Topper is the best IPA I have ever had the pleasure to drink. It will knock you flat if you are not careful, but it is very smooth unlike a lot of high ABV IPA's.

#8315 3 years ago

Maiden beer is low ABV because Heshers and Futbol fans drink piss beer like real men haha

Quoted from Billy16:

Not to derail our thread, but I am surprised that Maiden beer is so light (as the band is kick-ass). I have to say Heady Topper is the best IPA I have ever had the pleasure to drink. It will knock you flat if you are not careful, but it is very smooth unlike a lot of high ABV IPA's.

#8316 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Agreed.

UP THE ABVs!

#8317 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

[quoted image]

Focal Banger aint bad either

#8318 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Focal Banger aint bad either

I had that one first when the local liquor store in Stowe was out of HT. Focal Banger has a lot more bite!

#8319 3 years ago

Looking for the plastic figure that mounts on top of pop bumper cap by left ramp.
Pro model
Previous owner added a bunch of neca figures and I didnt care for them.
Id like to buy just that part rather than $190 set of plasic.
popcap (resized).JPGpopcap (resized).JPG

popcap2 (resized).JPGpopcap2 (resized).JPG
#8320 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Looking for the plastic figure that mounts on top of pop bumper cap by left ramp.
Pro model
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Stern sells the actual figure. Terry at pinball life can order it for you.

The post with the stern part numbers is here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/48#post-4579729

#8321 3 years ago

Iron Maiden pro is in my opinion the best game period! I love it!

Question i recently picked up another pro model

The right upper flipper is crazy loud!

I replaced all 4 plungers and links however the upper right is still crazy loud

Eos is proper along with coil stop and everything else. Does everyone else have this same problem?

Upper right is significantly louder then the other 3 flippers

#8322 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stern sells the actual figure. Terry at pinball life can order it for you.
The post with the stern part numbers is here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/48#post-4579729

Thank you, I saw that post when I searched but just looked at the picture of the right ramp and assumed it wasn't what I was looking for.
That seems like a reasonable option.

#8323 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

The right upper flipper is crazy loud!

This has been brought up many times yeah and there's no definite solution to hand as yet. I did put some car sound deadening material on the back of the coil bracket which helped somewhat but not enough (Post #4493 on page 90). A recent poster mentioned that the bracket touches the slide rail and TBH i didn't think it was close enough to touch it. I just looked at the mech and with the deadening material attached it most definitely does touch the metal slide rail. I have some of the Delrin sliders coming in the post from Pinball Life which should be here within a week, hoping that might help to deaden the sound also, will report back to the thread when changed over

#8324 3 years ago

So it’s not the plunger hitting the coil stop but the bracket hitting the side of the cabinet?

#8325 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Pro model
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Previous owner didn't keep the plastic? Perhaps they put it in the goodie bag. Might be worth a look if it is still stapled inside. Is the cyborg plastic still intact?

Side note I thought was amusing. When I was deep into arcade video collecting, I used to love de-converting games to original glory. Like a DK that was converted to some jamma shooter or something. I feel like buying second hand HUO pins is kinda like that these days. I have to spend an evening removing toys/mods and restoring a game to it's original factory condition and it's only a couple years old lol.

#8326 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Previous owner didn't keep the plastic? Perhaps they put it in the goodie bag. Might be worth a look if it is still stapled inside. Is the cyborg plastic still intact?
Side note I thought was amusing. When I was deep into arcade video collecting, I used to love de-converting games to original glory. Like a DK that was converted to some jamma shooter or something. I feel like buying second hand HUO pins is kinda like that these days. I have to spend an evening removing toys/mods and restoring a game to it's original factory condition and it's only a couple years old lol.

I checked all the bags, no luck. Cyborg is gone too, Ill probobly order the prem/le items.
I agree on the de-modding, some stuff I like but there are other items that just dont do it for me.
I pulled the clothed figures and guitar off the game and stored them for the next owner, (if I ever sell it which is unlikely)

#8327 3 years ago

IMDN is still the best stern release in the past decade. Owning a premium is the best experience IMO. such great integration, and sound is impeccable. art is ZY's best IMO as well. man, I can't stop playing this game. I hope you all enjoy your games! this is bolted to the floor. No chance I'd ever part with my imdn ever.!!

#8328 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I checked all the bags, no luck. Cyborg is gone too, Ill probobly order the prem/le items.
I agree on the de-modding, some stuff I like but there are other items that just dont do it for me.
I pulled the clothed figures and guitar off the game and stored them for the next owner, (if I ever sell it which is unlikely)

Just be aware of the "hunch back Eddie"
For the pop bumpers from pinball life.

#8329 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

So it’s not the plunger hitting the coil stop but the bracket hitting the side of the cabinet?

Plunger hitting the coil stop is normal but because the outside edge of the stop bracket is touching the metal slide rail it's 'echoing' to the cab itself..well that's the theory anyway When i spotted the Delrin slide rails at Pinball Life i thought maybe, just maybe, it would help to reduce the sound a little more. Again it's a theory but i'm guessing that metal to metal contact will transfer the sound better than metal (and in the case of my machine, wrapped in sound deadening material) to the Delrin (plastic). Either way the sliders sound a better option so not a total waste if the results are bugger all. I will shoot a before and after vid with the camera in the same spot to see if that will pick up any obvious sound difference.

#8330 3 years ago

So I noticed this starting a day or so ago...
Essentially on every single multi-ball when there is a ball locked in the sarcophagus, the flippers will die when there is still one ball left to be in play. What the heck!

I was thinking this had to be a trough issue, but in diagnostics, all the trough slots register fine. There's no magnets, so there no way two balls are "stuck" and being shot out at once..Ugh...but otherwise I'm just not sure here...
Any ideas!??
Man, this is frustrating.

Edit: So it seems as though the problem is yet again coming from my sarcophagus lock. I swear this thing....

When the ball is locked and hanging behind the captive ball, it seems at times the ball is not adequately able to roll past and activate the switch right behind that captive ball (gets hung up) and by the time it does roll over, the mechanism is already starting to go up or down or in ball search and at those times of movement the ball gets hung up in the back where it would initially enter... for the love of God this thing!!!

I'm going to have to take this lock mechanism down and insert those roller switches this weekend (which I did order and came in this week thank goodness)...what a pain. Seems as though those individuals who have done this in the past have had good success eliminating a lot if not all of these issues / problems, it just sucks I have to take this mechanism down cuz I'm really not looking forward to it. In researching issues related to this mech, it sounds like this mech was initially designed with the roller switches within the lock trough, but at some point this changed, unfortunately.

#8331 3 years ago

So the mechanism looks like it would come out easy if it weren't for the captive ball, which runs through the front portion of the mechanism base... I've been trying to get this damn sarcophagus/mummy captive ball off for over a half hour... Without taking this captive ball off, I can't pull the mechanism out.

Ultimately I was able to finagle the mechanism enough to get to those switches even though I was not able to release the captive ball... changed the switches in the trough of that mechanism to the roller switches and ALL IS RIGHT WITH THE WORLD. Whew!!!!!

Went through a game with the glass off, everything functioned, everything registered, no issues, no problems. Roller switches where the answer to all of the sarcophagus mystery problems/issues, 100%.
Done (and hopefully done messing with this game for a while, more playing, less fiddling!)

#8332 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I wasn't feeling great about my 300mil Power JP club membership as I didn't remember joining. Like, I figured I'd still get invited to the parties and stuff but I was still kind of an outcast.

I hope there haven't been any 300 mil Power Jackpot Club parties recently. I haven't been able to renew my membership yet since the latest code update.

#8333 3 years ago

Posted this in the bug thread too, but in case that isn't being maintained I will crosspost here.

Found a bug in 1.08. Not entirely sure how to activate it. I was playing RotAM, couldn't hit the stupid center shot for some reason and drained down the left outlane with about 100,000 points left on the center shot. Started the 3rd ball, pretty sure I hit the normal skill shot (not 100% sure id I made it or missed it). Then realized there were no white arrows lit. The screen told me to shoot the arrows but Eddie was already spelled out. So basically nothing I could do to advance the game.

Luckily I was having a crappy game - see my score in the screenshot - but this could be a big deal if you're having a good game.

Hope Stern looks into this. I seem to recall someone else bringing it up, maybe in the main thread (i skimmed here and didn't see it).

#8334 3 years ago

Here is my personal best. All done on ball 3.

C0CCFCC9-ED03-45F7-BCAE-6820E4A0DD67 (resized).jpegC0CCFCC9-ED03-45F7-BCAE-6820E4A0DD67 (resized).jpeg
#8335 3 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

So the mechanism looks like it would come out easy if it weren't for the captive ball, which runs through the front portion of the mechanism base... I've been trying to get this damn sarcophagus/mummy captive ball off for over a half hour... Without taking this captive ball off, I can't pull the mechanism out.
Ultimately I was able to finagle the mechanism enough to get to those switches even though I was not able to release the captive ball... changed the switches in the trough of that mechanism to the roller switches and ALL IS RIGHT WITH THE WORLD. Whew!!!!!
Went through a game with the glass off, everything functioned, everything registered, no issues, no problems. Roller switches where the answer to all of the sarcophagus mystery problems/issues, 100%.
Done (and hopefully done messing with this game for a while, more playing, less fiddling!)

Man that sounds like a rough go .Congrats on the fix I havnt heard of that one until now

#8336 3 years ago

Just wondering (as I’m not selling ever) is it true IMDN is discontinued ? I heard this and know fully well where there’s a dollar to be made they’d run it again .But being this is team KE’s rookie card I feel it deserves to be limited to what’s out there .May sound stupid but to me IMDN should be treated as a museum piece .Team KE has a special feel to where it’s the start of a long run of excellence IMO.It’s like a rock band that spends 10 years writing songs then put out theyre first album and it’s a pinnacle of all that work .Then they only get a year to come up with new hits while they’re busier than ever before .Very rarely does anything reach the level of the rookie splash .

#8337 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Just wondering (as I’m not selling ever) is it true IMDN is discontinued ? I heard this and know fully well where there’s a dollar to be made they’d run it again .But being this is team KE’s rookie card I feel it deserves to be limited to what’s out there .May sound stupid but to me IMDN should be treated as a museum piece .Team KE has a special feel to where it’s the start of a long run of excellence IMO.It’s like a rock band that spends 10 years writing songs then put out theyre first album and it’s a pinnacle of all that work .Then they only get a year to come up with new hits while they’re busier than ever before .Very rarely does anything reach the level of the rookie splash .

I heard contract with band expired and would need to be renewed.

#8338 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Man that sounds like a rough go .Congrats on the fix I havnt heard of that one until now

Yeah, it appears that for the premium / LE models that have the moving sarcophagus lock mechanism, that mechanism was originally designed with micro roller switches in the trough. At some point this was discontinued and exchanged for the typical "bent arm" micro switch that we usually see around the playfield.

Since it's release, a fair amount of folks (not everyone) have had problems with this lock mech, and when problems occur in this mech, things can get real screwy, (from miscounting balls, to balls not registering those switches and constantly dumping balls, being unable to advance mummy multi-ball... on and on, painful).

In my case, I was encountering the same problems. Folks have done a few things, but it appears as though the most durable solution has been to exchange those switches within the trough of that lock mech to micro roller switches. I picked a couple up from Marco last week as I was trying some less permanent methods (posted here last week). In my case, while it helped one issue, it unmasked another, so I went ahead and just changed out both yesterday and I would agree with those from the past, this worked well and all the issues I noticed before seemed to be resolved during gameplay.

I would still love to know any tricks on releasing that captive ball, cuz I had zero luck. Fortunately, I was able to release the nuts/bolts associated with that mech underneath the playfield enough to disconnect the plate that held those switches and make the exchange. when trying to remove that captive ball, I cussed a lot, although once I was able to get that plate off that held the switches, I only cussed a little

#8339 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Posted this in the bug thread too, but in case that isn't being maintained I will crosspost here.
Found a bug in 1.08. Not entirely sure how to activate it. I was playing RotAM, couldn't hit the stupid center shot for some reason and drained down the left outlane with about 100,000 points left on the center shot. Started the 3rd ball, pretty sure I hit the normal skill shot (not 100% sure id I made it or missed it). Then realized there were no white arrows lit. The screen told me to shoot the arrows but Eddie was already spelled out. So basically nothing I could do to advance the game.
Luckily I was having a crappy game - see my score in the screenshot - but this could be a big deal if you're having a good game.
Hope Stern looks into this. I seem to recall someone else bringing it up, maybe in the main thread (i skimmed here and didn't see it).

I responded in the bug thread with a video id posted of what sounds like the same glitch. Here, ill post it here as well.

#8340 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I responded in the bug thread with a video id posted of what sounds like the same glitch. Here, ill post it here as well.

Which speaker lights do you have ?

#8341 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Just wondering they look great

#8342 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Which speaker lights do you have ?

I upgraded the 4" speakers to a pair of 5.25" ones I bought locally for $60. You just need the speaker plate kit from this site. This is the 5.25" speaker kits with a dark blue ring

Speakerlightkits.com

#8343 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Have you (or anyone else affected) reported this directly to Stern? If not, please do.

#8344 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Yeah that is weird, need EDDIE letters to start a mode but yet none were lit?

#8345 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Yeah that is weird, need EDDIE letters to start a mode but yet none were lit?

They are all collected. Its stuck in Mariner still since ball one.

#8346 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Have you (or anyone else affected) reported this directly to Stern? If not, please do.

I just did.

#8347 3 years ago

Did my Maiden Pro in Illusion Tangerine

016165D0-FC0C-4F37-9EC1-8ABA8C21D697 (resized).jpeg016165D0-FC0C-4F37-9EC1-8ABA8C21D697 (resized).jpeg417E29CE-0D31-45A4-933C-F066975D65C8 (resized).jpeg417E29CE-0D31-45A4-933C-F066975D65C8 (resized).jpeg59B8907C-CAF7-4BF4-ADCA-DA883A0B31DD (resized).jpeg59B8907C-CAF7-4BF4-ADCA-DA883A0B31DD (resized).jpegA8428852-49C3-4D37-83A1-1E94A4A254F1 (resized).jpegA8428852-49C3-4D37-83A1-1E94A4A254F1 (resized).jpegD09DCE14-FD75-436D-91D5-DFA10FD17537 (resized).jpegD09DCE14-FD75-436D-91D5-DFA10FD17537 (resized).jpeg
#8348 3 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Did my Maiden Pro in Illusion Tangerine [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks great

#8349 3 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Did my Maiden Pro in Illusion Tangerine [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

love that color

#8350 3 years ago
20210131_114628 (resized).jpg20210131_114628 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne Beach, FL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
There are 15,592 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 312.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/167 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.