(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,824 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 minutes ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6818 (resized).png
IMG_6737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6730 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6733 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240416_160659390.MP (resized).jpg
25d6415bd4f5ee62b5604e3e73d30ef0bdc2c8d0 (resized).jpg
72038EF4-8215-4C19-B733-688FFB33D320 (resized).jpeg
8820CDAA-4B0B-4D67-844D-8D3197E44344 (resized).jpeg
B267A7B9-3222-426E-B14A-09BCED66716E (resized).jpeg
EEEBA8AA-85EA-4EBE-9123-16F1A419FDC4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6704 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8444 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,824 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 317.
#8201 3 years ago

Awww c’mon....haha its a good song...The one thing I find funny about ‘can I play with madness’ is its similarities to the Go Go’s ‘our lips are sealed’. It’s basically the same song. Once you hear it, you can’t un-hear it haha.

Quoted from Tranquilize:

The only song that is unforgivable is"Can I play With Your Penis." All the other songs are great. Replacing the songs is silly as they match modes.

#8202 3 years ago

I sold my Maiden pro a week ago but just received the Lermods spitfire plane mod as a late Christmas gift. Awesome looking upgrade but I no longer need it. I'll do $120 shipped in conus if anyone is interested. thx, Ryan

#8203 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Awww c’mon....haha its a good song...The one thing I find funny about ‘can I play with madness’ is its similarities to the Go Go’s ‘our lips are sealed’. It’s basically the same song. Once you hear it, you can’t un-hear it haha.

The lyrics sound like they were written by a 12 year old. It's such an awful song. I'd rather listen to nails on a chalkboard. Seriously. All the other songs are great though.

#8204 3 years ago

I am not a big fan of Iron Maiden music in general, but the music is very good for this machine. It almost seems like the music was custom made for the pinball machine. I would never change it, it just fits perfectly. But if you just hate the music, then you do you, and change it and enjoy it.

#8205 3 years ago

I got my Iron Maiden Pro towards the end of last year and it had originally been sited on location in a bar for a year or so. Have just received some protectors and mods and have started doing a complete tear down. Would like to clean it before I put all the new parts on.

Have just got to the ramps. Does anyone have some tips on removing these or advice? The ramp entrance flaps seem to be stuck to the playfield. I don't want to do something I shouldn't.

Thanks!
Adam.

#8206 3 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

I got my Iron Maiden Pro towards the end of last year and it had originally been sited on location in a bar for a year or so. Have just received some protectors and mods and have started doing a complete tear down. Would like to clean it before I put all the new parts on.
Have just got to the ramps. Does anyone have some tips on removing these or advice? The ramp entrance flaps seem to be stuck to the playfield. I don't want to do something I shouldn't.
Thanks!
Adam.

I haven’t pulled the ramps on Maiden but with the ramps on Elwin’s other games, you have nuts that need to be removed under the playfield.

#8207 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

I haven’t pulled the ramps on Maiden but with the ramps on Elwin’s other games, you have nuts that need to be removed under the playfield.

Yep, you're right!

Apologies, found the nuts and washers holding the ramps flush under the playfield. All good now.

Thanks!

#8208 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

My rear bolts only show 2 or 3 threads on top. Front are as low as the floor will allow. That's how all my machines are set up. Steep and fast as shit flying out of a rabbit's ass.

So I set mine up this way and am blown away by how much easier loops are now. Keeping pitch maxed out for good from here on out! Way more fun like this.

#8209 3 years ago

anyone with a pro powder coat theres? I'm thinking of doing red. Would like to see others.

#8210 3 years ago

Got my 3D Anubis from PinMonk today. Nice little mod .Easy to install with great directions and comes in about the nicest package I've ever seen. Looks kick ass installed. Thanks again for putting quality above all.

#8211 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Dude.....That is freak'n hilarious. That was one of my least favorite songs but now i select it just to hear the similarities. Too funny!!

#8212 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Got my 3D Anubis from vireland today. Nice little mod .Easy to install with great directions and comes in about the nicest package I've ever seen. Looks kick ass installed. Thanks again for putting quality above all.

Awesome. Glad to hear it exceeded your expectations for presentation!

#8213 3 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

I have this problem mostly on the right ramp.

I waxed my playfield and it was flying off the right ramp. I solved the problem by slightly loosening a screw on that ramp. I guess being slightly loose absorbs some of the speed.

#8214 3 years ago

Enter the Powerslave...hanging in the background, guarding the bull's-eye target and showing his overall disgruntlement.

PXL_20210112_003019391 (resized).jpgPXL_20210112_003019391 (resized).jpg

PXL_20210112_002915457 (resized).jpgPXL_20210112_002915457 (resized).jpg

#8215 3 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Enter the Powerslave...hanging in the background, guarding the bull's-eye target and showing his overall disgruntlement.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Very cool! Where did you find those ?

#8216 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Very cool! Where did you find those ?

Thanks. I found it online, eBay I think. It is the NECA version Powerslave, I believe.

Popped the legs off of the figure, partially loosened the lower screw holding the back playfield plastic to the right of the bull's eye target and did a figure-eight zip tie from behind the head of the screw to around the back of his belt. Another zip tie holding his staff (in hand) to the right ramp post and it is solid as a rock, hovering above the back orbit and plastic underneath the right ramp. Played a couple games, didn't block any shots, didn't budge at all.

#8217 3 years ago

How do you set up a bill acceptor on this game? The manual says setting 46 is a bill acceptor but I don't see it in either of the setting menus. I have an AE 2411 U5 that I'm not sure is set up properly. Id had the green wire going to the center of the connector, but I cut that and added a lug like what I saw on newer versions. The factory connector on the other side does not have a green wire in it in the center.

When I did the update the acceptor spun while it did the node board update after I unplugged it. When I plugged it back it is didn't spin, so maybe it was just until the node update was done. On the next power up it did not spin the belts so I think that's ok, and I know it gets power. The green lights by the opening the bill goes into are not on, so that's why I think there is a setting I don't see, or something is wrong with the acceptor.

#8218 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

How do you set up a bill acceptor on this game? The manual says setting 46 is a bill acceptor but I don't see it in either of the setting menus. I have an AE 2411 U5 that I'm not sure is set up properly. Id had the green wire going to the center of the connector, but I cut that and added a lug like what I saw on newer versions. The factory connector on the other side does not have a green wire in it in the center.
When I did the update the acceptor spun while it did the node board update after I unplugged it. When I plugged it back it is didn't spin, so maybe it was just until the node update was done. On the next power up it did not spin the belts so I think that's ok, and I know it gets power. The green lights by the opening the bill goes into are not on, so that's why I think there is a setting I don't see, or something is wrong with the acceptor.

Is the bill cartridge on it? If it's not the green lights won't come on.

#8219 3 years ago

Looking to hook a powered Polk 10" sub up to my Maiden Pro. What's the easiest way?? Spoke w/ the 2 guys selling line out cables for spike systems on the marketplace. While both guys were SUPER helpful both said their cables wouldn't work w/ Maiden for different reasons. Anyone hook up a sub to their pro? If so, how did you do it???? Thanks in advance for any info

#8220 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is the bill cartridge on it? If it's not the green lights won't come on.

It is. The status light at the bottom of the cartridge is not on, but if I push the blue button and hold it the red light will come on as long as I hold it. So it's getting power, but seems to think something is wrong.

#8221 3 years ago
Quoted from Snugs:

Looking to hook a powered Polk 10" sub up to my Maiden Pro. What's the easiest way?? Spoke w/ the 2 guys selling line out cables for spike systems on the marketplace. While both guys were SUPER helpful both said their cables wouldn't work w/ Maiden for different reasons. Anyone hook up a sub to their pro? If so, how did you do it???? Thanks in advance for any info

I like the PinSub because it's clean and easy to revert if I want. I know some think it is a waste but it was worth it for me to not have to figure out another way to do it.

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/iron-maiden-legacy-of-the-beast/products/pinsub-spike-spike2-stern-kit

#8222 3 years ago
Quoted from Snugs:

Easiest is to piggyback a pair of wires on the game's cabinet speaker, run them out through a vent in the cab and connect them to the Polk's speaker-level inputs. Keep the positive/negative the same as the cab speaker.

#8223 3 years ago

I’m coming up to a year in this hobby. I now have 3 pins and IMDN is my precious .I have had big scores but for the life of me I cannot play a controlled game I still just want to flip on the fly .I completly understand the code now and know what to do .I somewhat got the nudging down but for the life of me cannot play control pinball .I have a brain block with cradling and playing precision pinball especially during multi balls when the ball save expires .I just can’t break through I have no idea what it is .Any help with this would be greatly appreciated .As always ...UP THE IRONS!!

#8224 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

It is. The status light at the bottom of the cartridge is not on, but if I push the blue button and hold it the red light will come on as long as I hold it. So it's getting power, but seems to think something is wrong.

Are the dip switches properly configured - switch 8, especially?

Do you have the right harness adapter for an amusement bill acceptor and not a vending one? They look similar, but they're not.

The light at the bottom in back should be blinking if there's no cartridge installed.

#8225 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Easiest is to piggyback a pair of wires on the game's cabinet speaker, run them out through a vent in the cab and connect them to the Polk's speaker-level inputs. Keep the positive/negative the same as the cab speaker.

Ditto....really easy to just alligator clip some speaker wire directly to the sub and then out a vent in the back to the polk.

#8226 3 years ago

Gotta force yourself to change the way you play. I’d suggest learning stage flipping, IMDN is a perfect game to learn this technique and in the process it will force you to cradle. Doing this may help re-program your mind while you learn a new trick. Stage flipping, if you didn’t already know, is cradling with the bottom flippers and lightly releasing the pressure on the buttons so the upper flippers release opening up shots that they would normally block.

Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m coming up to a year in this hobby. I now have 3 pins and IMDN is my precious .I have had big scores but for the life of me I cannot play a controlled game I still just want to flip on the fly .I completly understand the code now and know what to do .I somewhat got the nudging down but for the life of me cannot play control pinball .I have a brain block with cradling and playing precision pinball especially during multi balls when the ball save expires .I just can’t break through I have no idea what it is .Any help with this would be greatly appreciated .As always ...UP THE IRONS!!

#8227 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Ditto....really easy to just alligator clip some speaker wire directly to the sub and then out a vent in the back to the polk.

That works, but you can have feedback issues if you have more than one pin hooked to the same sub. I use the pinnovators sub hookup, much cleaner sound.

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/stern-subwoofer-kits/products/pinsub-sam-stern-kit

#8228 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

anyone with a pro powder coat theres? I'm thinking of doing red. Would like to see others.

Hey delt31 here is my pro in navy blue with red accents. I like the way it turned.

191FCB28-1BA8-45D6-ACD7-0413657A2233 (resized).jpeg191FCB28-1BA8-45D6-ACD7-0413657A2233 (resized).jpeg5E10C0E3-FE05-4C70-9667-FBE8E19C0F15 (resized).jpeg5E10C0E3-FE05-4C70-9667-FBE8E19C0F15 (resized).jpeg
#8229 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Interesting...I think IDMN is one of the easiest games for me( from my collection)
To slow down and control. Keep in mind though my scores aren't the greatest. Go figure.

#8230 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Gotta force yourself to change the way you play. I’d suggest learning stage flipping, IMDN is a perfect game to learn this technique and in the process it will force you to cradle. Doing this may help re-program your mind while you learn a new trick. Stage flipping, if you didn’t already know, is cradling with the bottom flippers and lightly releasing the pressure on the buttons so the upper flippers release opening up shots that they would normally block.

You are absolutely correct...its great because there are plenty of multiball moments that need stage flipping from both flippers. Just be aware for new owners, when I got my IMDN, the flipper contacts prevented flipper staging so you might have to manually bend the contact blades to allow for it.

#8231 3 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

Hey delt31 here is my pro in navy blue with red accents. I like the way it turned.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks! Looks nice too. Can't go wrong with orange, red or blue it seems!

#8232 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Are the dip switches properly configured - switch 8, especially?
Do you have the right harness adapter for an amusement bill acceptor and not a vending one? They look similar, but they're not.
The light at the bottom in back should be blinking if there's no cartridge installed.

If I power off, turn on switch 8, and power back on the red light comes on and the belt runs non-stop until I turn it off. I have the 2-wire harness that stern supplied with the game plugged in by the cab mode board. Then plugged the 3x3 connector on the DBA into the matching one at the coin door.

#8233 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

If I power off, turn on switch 8, and power back on the red light comes on and the belt runs non-stop until I turn it off. I have the 2-wire harness that stern supplied with the game plugged in by the cab mode board. Then plugged the 3x3 connector on the DBA into the matching one at the coin door.

What does your harness adapter square connector look like (which have pins). Have you used this adapter before? I'm wondering if you got a vending adapter instead of an amusement adapter.

#8234 3 years ago

Im noticing flipper weakness about 350 games into my pro. Has anyone has something similar? I used to blast the back of the pharaoh target and now I'm barely clearing the ramp (right flipper). Recently waxed but debating another coat.... but this absolutely feels like a weakening flipper and not wax etc.

Edit: Right flipper. Left one seems fine.

#8235 3 years ago
Quoted from Alaskanzen:

Im noticing flipper weakness about 350 games into my pro. Has anyone has something similar? I used to blast the back of the pharaoh target and now I'm barely clearing the ramp (right flipper). Recently waxed but debating another coat.... but this absolutely feels like a weakening flipper and not wax etc.

I'd check for mechanical issues like a cracked bushing or damaged coil sleeve.

#8236 3 years ago
Quoted from Alaskanzen:

Coil stop. Very common on Stern because they are using stops they know suck. When they fail, it will rob power. Check that first. Also look for gold "dust" in the areas below the coil in the cabinet. This is a telltale sign.

Pinball Life has the coil stops you want.

#8237 3 years ago

Replace coil stops...especially if you see any metal flakes in the cab. Sterns could stops are crap.

Quoted from Alaskanzen:

#8238 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

They sell pre made up ones in the market place. Super easy and sounds great.

#8239 3 years ago
Quoted from Alaskanzen:

Check the flipper is not too tight against the playfield.

#8240 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What does your harness adapter square connector look like (which have pins). Have you used this adapter before? I'm wondering if you got a vending adapter instead of an amusement adapter.

Is there an easy way to tell the difference? I don’t have any adapters on the DBA, it’s wires coming out of the body, going into the connector. That connector plugs into the mating connector at the coin door of the game. The 2-wire harness that came with the game going to the power supply is the only other thing I added and there is a single page that came with the game saying to add that and how to do it.

#8241 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Is there an easy way to tell the difference? I don’t have any adapters on the DBA, it’s wires coming out of the body, going into the connector. That connector plugs into the mating connector at the coin door of the game. The 2-wire harness that came with the game going to the power supply is the only other thing I added and there is a single page that came with the game saying to add that and how to do it.

The wires coming out of the DBA are the adapter harness. It's connected to a 2 row 16 (?) pin connector on the DBA side, and a square molex on the side that connects to the pin. You can tell by the arrangement of the pins in the square molex which type it is.

#8242 3 years ago
Quoted from Alaskanzen:

I 2nd what paulrowen said. Check that your flipper is spaced properly from the playfield. I think that's a common issue on IM. I know mine had the issue straight from stern, and the reason I found it was because I couldn't hit the pharaoh from the left.

That said, I don't see any reason why it would start happening out of the blue. So maybe check the notoriously bad coil stops first.

#8243 3 years ago

Question. How does the coil stop effect power? The coil pulls the shaft in and the coil stop obviously just stops the momentum. All the energy is from the coil pulling in. How does the stop effect it ?

#8244 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Question. How does the coil stop effect power? The coil pulls the shaft in and the coil stop obviously just stops the momentum. All the energy is from the coil pulling in. How does the stop effect it ?

If the coil stop isn't aligned perfectly it can change the angle that the coil plunger must travel through the coil, causing binding. This often happens with newish Sterns because the rivet on the factory-installed coil stops will often disintegrate within a few hundred games, causing the stop "plug" to separate from the mounting bracket and forcing the plunger to travel at odd angles, etc.

#8245 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Powered Polk sub has female RCA input only. Thats why the cables in market place don't work. Unfortunatley alligator clip route isn't an option.

#8246 3 years ago
Quoted from Snugs:

Powered Polk sub has female RCA input only. Thats why the cables in market place don't work. Unfortunatley alligator clip route isn't an option.

If you look on youtube you will find a how-to on converting an RCA plug-in into two leads so you can use A-clips. I made the modified cable for one of my subs that only had RCA jacks and it worked.

#8247 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

The issue is the style of game you've chosen. Keith designes trap and shoot games, and you sound like you're still in the free-flow stage of playing. I would embrace this stage of your development as it is soooo much fun! Old W/B games are perfect for you. The absolute best game to learn on is TAF. Second would be TZ. Third would be a tie between AFM and MB. These games were designed for players like you, and you will likely love them. IMDN wasn't deisgned for that type of play. That doesn't mean you can't enjoy IMDN, but learning ball control takes years. It also takes away from the magic of free-flow play IMHO.

#8248 3 years ago

New owner checking in.... I wish I bought this pin years ago! Plays fast, shots and flow are satisfying. Most importantly, my wife LOVES the game.

Up The Irons!

#8249 3 years ago

Holy freaking hell do I love this game. Ive owned my pro for just over 2yrs now and its still my favorite game to play ever. (And im fortunate enough to have occasional access to many great and rare games to play during better non covid times)

I just put up my personal best in the new code but more importantly for me and the way i enjoy my games is i was so damned close to Battle the Beast for the first time (and im not even mad that i failed to get there). The new code is much more forgiving to endgame play. I had my Trooper, Mummy and Cyborb cards collected and i was one letter away from starting 2M2M. Finishing that would have been the first time id made it to the Beast. 7 new records at once. My hands were shaking after id drained my last ball.

20210118_000413 (resized).jpg20210118_000413 (resized).jpg
#8250 3 years ago

I love this machine but the loop shot is really tough for me...

So I did this: https://vimeo.com/501553060

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Wanted
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 15,824 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/165?hl=red-line and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.