(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,775 posts
  • 1,049 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 47 minutes ago by Sorokyl
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8418 (resized).jpeg
20240413_163843 (resized).jpg
20240413_143449 (resized).jpg
20240412_190431 (resized).jpg
20240412_190452 (resized).jpg
Polish_20240413_140952356 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_200534433 (resized).jpg
Ironmaidenshipped (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_182738510 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_200534433 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_165233504 (resized).jpg
20240407_164052@4 (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4950 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4947 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,775 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 316.
#8101 3 years ago
Quoted from SR230CC:

I can’t find the setting to use the real knocker. Is it named something different?

Select Knocker as the Q24 option, #57 in the standard adjustments.

#8102 3 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

Select Knocker as the Q24 option, #57 in the standard adjustments.

Great! Thanks!

#8103 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Some pro owners have reported this. Hopefully it's rectified in an update, so it doesn't cause that Led to burn out.

I do have a Pro....it might also be the angle of the insert makes the bulb more visible.

#8104 3 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Hit a flight of icarus 7-way combo, nearly shit a brick.

Wow! How did you not choke up??

#8105 3 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

I find the newly lit inner orbit insert on 1.08 very bright. Is there a way to dim it?

I put a piece of white card underneath that defuses the bulb.

Strange it is so bright though.

#8106 3 years ago
Quoted from SR230CC:

I can’t find the setting to use the real knocker. Is it named something different?

It's not called knocker. It's something called like Option Q25 or something. I don't remember exactly, but look for the one called option.

Edit: Q24, beaten by a few posts.

#8107 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I put a piece of white card underneath that defuses the bulb.
Strange it is so bright though.

Yeah, the led is not brighter than other similar LEDs on the playfield. Its really just a combination of a few things ->

1. The arrow simply does not have black art on it like the other eddie shots.

20210101_134941 (resized).jpg20210101_134941 (resized).jpg

2. Its lit way more often now, and its right by the center ramp, so its more noticeable.

3. Compared to the revive arrow, the location of the under PF LED is more directed at the player's eyes, so it appears brighter than the revive arrow.

Anyway, it doesn't bother me personally. But, I was going to put a camera photo gel under it to diffuse it regardless. I was hoping I had a gray diffuser in my photo gel pack that I got from aliexpress (which I used to make my own loop fire colors and mode insert colors MOD), but no...everything was colored, so right now I'm just going to leave it.

#8108 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I think CW looks better with the blue plastics but that’s just me. I think the sunlights are a good compromise and may try those.

Pair them with some ice blue protectors for the slings and lanes and cw frosted looks great

#8109 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Yeah, the led is not brighter than other similar LEDs on the playfield. Its really just a combination of a few things ->
1. The arrow simply does not have black art on it like the other eddie shots.
[quoted image]
2. Its lit way more often now, and its right by the center ramp, so its more noticeable.
3. Compared to the revive arrow, the location of the under PF LED is more directed at the player's eyes, so it appears brighter than the revive arrow.
Anyway, it doesn't bother me personally. But, I was going to put a camera photo gel under it to diffuse it regardless. I was hoping I had a gray diffuser in my photo gel pack that I got from aliexpress (which I used to make my own loop fire colors and mode insert colors MOD), but no...everything was colored, so right now I'm just going to leave it.

I might have some gray lighting gel. I will look later and let you know. I can cut a square and drop in a standard envelope, if so.

#8110 3 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Wow! How did you not choke up??

As soon as I realized what was happening, I choked. Typical

#8111 3 years ago

My machines have operated 24/7 for the holiday; IMDN has experienced a lockup twice with the new code (the 1st discovered early on the 29th, the 2nd discovered this evening). A power off/on clears the machine, but I suspect an issue with the update.

Prior the holiday updates, IMDN never flinched. Something is different. I installed full updates with verification.

#8112 3 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

My machines have operated 24/7 for the holiday; IMDN has experienced a lockup twice with the new code (the 1st discovered early on the 29th, the 2nd discovered this evening). A power off/on clears the machine, but I suspect an issue with the update.
Prior the holiday updates, IMDN never flinched. Something is different. I installed full updates with verification.

If it's really on 24/7 (no power off at all) then you probably hit the memory leak or whatever lockup that's been a problem since the beginning (I first reported it on 0.97) and is the reason for the "maintenance reboot" the machine does automatically once a day. But if the machine's being played when it's time for the reboot, it will not do it which might be the reason you got two in a row. This is ONLY if you leave the machine literally on 24/7.

On 0.97 it sometimes put up a transparent black block on the screen right before it locked up. Looked like this...
pre-lockup-5-16-18 (resized).jpgpre-lockup-5-16-18 (resized).jpg

The maintenance reboot once a day DOES "fix" the problem in that it stops locking up, but it's not really addressing what's actually causing the lockup.

#8113 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If it's really on 24/7 (no power off at all) then you probably hit the memory leak or whatever lockup that's been a problem since the beginning (I first reported it on 0.97) and is the reason for the "maintenance reboot" the machine does automatically once a day. But if the machine's being played when it's time for the reboot, it will not do it which might be the reason you got two in a row. This is ONLY if you leave the machine literally on 24/7.
On 0.97 it sometimes put up a transparent black block on the screen right before it locked up. Looked like this...
[quoted image]
The maintenance reboot once a day DOES "fix" the problem in that it stops locking up, but it's not really addressing what's actually causing the lockup.

Yes, literally on 24/7 (only power cycles for the lockup).

The 1st lock; the screen froze while the light-show continued. The flipper buttons provided callouts and a credit was taken with start, but it failed to start the game.

The 2nd lock; the screen looked squished and was locked. The machine provided no response to buttons. I don't recall if the light-show was active.

#8114 3 years ago

Does anyone have the ramp decals?
Looking to buy! Thank you!

#8115 3 years ago

Yes, literally on 24/7 (only power cycles for the lockup).
The 1st lock; the screen froze while the light-show continued. The flipper buttons provided callouts and a credit was taken with start, but it failed to start the game.

This is for sure the same kind of lockup that was present in 0.97. It was bad because since the light show was working people would still put money in and then couldn't start the game.

The 2nd lock; the screen looked squished and was locked. The machine provided no response to buttons. I don't recall if the light-show was active.

Probably also the same issue and it being played a lot prevented the reboot when the machine wanted to do it to prevent the lockup.

FYI, JJP also does this maintenance reboot on their machines starting at the time they had problems around 6.00 on WoZ. Linux is not perfect.

#8116 3 years ago

I bought my IR about a week ago and immediately installed the new code. It has been on for extended periods of time I’ve the holidays has prob had damn near 100 plays put on it with the new code and I’ve never had this issue. Could it be only affecting certain machines for some reason ?

#8117 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

I bought my IR about a week ago and immediately installed the new code. It has been on for extended periods of time I’ve the holidays has prob had damn near 100 plays put on it with the new code and I’ve never had this issue. Could it be only affecting certain machines for some reason ?

It has to be on non-stop in game mode (no system menu). Even one reboot restarts the clock. System menu access may change the timing, too. And you likely had the maintenance reboot and weren't there to see that it happened. The whole auto-reboot takes at most like 90 seconds so it's easy to miss, and effective at preventing lockups. The only reason I saw it is I happened to be there a couple times and other times I backed up the security footage to see it. I should have save some of them! The longest I saw it go without locking up BEFORE the maintenance reboots was about 36 hours.

#8118 3 years ago

Ok, is there another way to collect the mummy card i was unaware of? I was explaining some of the rules to my gf while she was playing tonight as she has been making significant improvement. As i was explaining the goals of mummy mb to her she collected her 50 switch hits, hit the captive ball for what should have collected the M but was awarded her first mummy card.
Good for her butnim a little confused as to just how she actually earned it. She had barely even started the mode. 2 ball play. Pro model.

#8119 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Does anyone have the ramp decals?
Looking to buy! Thank you!

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/iron-maiden

#8120 3 years ago

Took the glass off and tried to recreate but couldn't. My only gripe is the loud end bonus x sound and wish they could have utilized the old revive animation.

#8121 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Comet warm white vs stock "natural" white, thoughts? I'm leaning towards warm for my upcoming shop job.
[quoted image]

I had WW in mine and then replaced them with Comet Sunlights. They are perfect for this game.

#8122 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I had WW in mine and then replaced them with Comet Sunlights. They are perfect for this game.

Do you guys still leave the red LEDs in for modes like Fear of the Dark?

#8123 3 years ago

After discussing the loop limit being lowered, I decided to make a video of my loop strategy. This might help you get up to 30 and beyond.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-loop-strategy#post-6050535

Enjoy!

#8124 3 years ago

I've been out of town... this is better than Christmas!!

20210102_191116 (resized).jpg20210102_191116 (resized).jpg
#8125 3 years ago

Rejoined the club today drove 800 miles round trip to pickup LE #377 with only 33 plays on it. Can’t wait to check out the new code

#8126 3 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

Rejoined the club today drove 800 miles round trip to pickup LE #377 with only 33 plays on it. Can’t wait to check out the new code

Wow! This is dedication! Congrats.

Send us some pics when you have a chance.

#8127 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Wow! This is dedication! Congrats.
Send us some pics when you have a chance.

Check out post 2722

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/55#post-4634253

#8128 3 years ago

There were so few LEs shipped to Canada, that would be worth the trip! I think we only got 10 or something stupid. I don't think the US games got the tournament button either. But does anyone even use those buttons?

#8129 3 years ago

Does anyone know what size the screws are that attach the pop bumper caps? They appear to be a machine screw. I need to find some just a little longer to make up for the thickness of the cap protectors and don't want to strip out the threads. Thanks.

#8130 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

There were so few LEs shipped to Canada, that would be worth the trip! I think we only got 10 or something stupid. I don't think the US games got the tournament button either. But does anyone even use those buttons?

One if my games is a usa game, but I added a tournament button.

I've never used them, just looked out of place without it. (It's not hooked up lol)

#8131 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

One if my games is a usa game, but I added a tournament button.
I've never used them, just looked out of place without it. (It's not hooked up lol)

Hook it up! Even if you don’t start a tournament mode, there’s a little surprise when you press the button (on IMDN).

#8132 3 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Hook it up! Even if you don’t start a tournament mode, there’s a little surprise when you press the button (on IMDN).

Ordered tournament switches for my games just now.
To verify wiring, Gray-White/Black-white is switch, yellow-red/red is for light.

#8133 3 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

My imdn is canadian, I'll have to press it one of these days lol

#8134 3 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Lol. That's funny. I've never pressed the button.

#8135 3 years ago

Damn if we were going the same direction could have carpooled

61F58159-71F6-41D3-9B86-7F418D87787F (resized).jpeg61F58159-71F6-41D3-9B86-7F418D87787F (resized).jpegBA942032-55E8-4335-BC9C-2DEED3C4D05A (resized).jpegBA942032-55E8-4335-BC9C-2DEED3C4D05A (resized).jpeg
#8136 3 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

C'mon, don't leave those of us without the button hanging!

#8137 3 years ago

Can't get it to recognize my thumb drive. Willna 32 gb 3.p thumb drive work?

#8138 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Some people hoarded the LE too, just to flip for a buck.

Rob

#8139 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

C'mon, don't leave those of us without the button hanging!

I can’t give away the surprise! Don’t worry, it’s not that exciting. But if you’ve got a good sub hooked up, it can be earth shaking....

#8140 3 years ago

Newest update is 7.8 gb, and fat32 can only use filed under 4gb. How is this possible since drives must be formatted via fat32?

#8141 3 years ago
Quoted from vansmack99:

Newest update is 7.8 gb, and fat32 can only use filed under 4gb. How is this possible since drives must be formatted via fat32?

I just checked and the code file size for the update is 2.0GB. SD Card images are roughly the same. Where did you see 7.8GB?

#8142 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I just formatted a 32gb stick with fat32.

4 gb is the file size limit for fat32. The download is 7.8 gb?

#8143 3 years ago
Quoted from vansmack99:

The ZIP is not that big. And when you unpack it, the individual files will be under 2GB each.

Are you talking about the full SD card image? That does not go onto a USB drive.

#8144 3 years ago
Quoted from vansmack99:

I just downloaded both the pro and le 1.08 and they are 2GB each. Where are you seeing 7.8GB? Are you reading the size of your USB stick?

#8145 3 years ago

The file size was definitely only 2GB!!

#8146 3 years ago
Quoted from vansmack99:

Did you download the SD card image? Maybe that is different.

#8147 3 years ago

7.8 is the full new SD image size (i went this route).

2.0 is the update size.

#8148 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

7.8 is the full new SD image size (i went this route).
2.0 is the update size.

The original poster must have been confused then. You don't put the SD image on a USB, so the per file size limit of FAT32 doesn't come into play.

#8149 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The original poster must have been confused then. You don't put the SD image on a USB, so the per file size limit of FAT32 doesn't come into play.

I lost track of what was asked!

Went for the statement of fact option

#8150 3 years ago

Are the torch lights and this spotlight tied together or just coincidence there not working

3DE8941F-7FD8-47D5-A1C7-CB0E589D852F (resized).jpeg3DE8941F-7FD8-47D5-A1C7-CB0E589D852F (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 24.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,775 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 316.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/163?hl=chetrico and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.