(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 317.
#8001 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Ah, ok...thanks for the input, I’d never seen it occur prior.
I’ll keep an eye out to see if I can nail the events leading up to it.

I've had that happen a couple of times now. Never happened before the update on mine.

#8002 3 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Nothing was removed from aces high videos or match.

Thanks you for Maiden (goat) and Avengers.

Now get back to work on Bill and Ted or Back to the Future please

#8003 3 years ago

I think you mean Godzilla.

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Thanks you for Maiden (goat) and Avengers.
Now get back to work on Bill and Ted or Back to the Future please

#8004 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

You beat me to this LOL.

Godzilla or bust!

#8005 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

If its Elwin itll be amazing but i could dont care at all for Godzilla as a theme.

#8006 3 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Nothing was removed from aces high videos or match.

Thanks ,I could swear the first night I didn’t hear the fighter guns but I just played a quick game. last night it was there so I must’ve got confused with something else .Thanks bud great job with this code took it over the top .Me and my kids are basically learning how to really play pinball on IMDN .I call it Pinball U at home because that’s what it is a University for playing pinball .

#8007 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Thanks ,I could swear the first night I didn’t hear the fighter guns but I just played a quick game. last night it was there so I must’ve got confused with something else .Thanks bud great job with this code took it over the top .Me and my kids are basically learning how to really play pinball on IMDN .I call it Pinball U at home because that’s what it is a University for playing pinball .

Glad it wasn't just me because I thought the same thing! although there are still somethings I like better from 1.06.

#8008 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Glad it wasn't just me because I thought the same thing! although there are still somethings I like better from 1.06.

Like what for example?

#8009 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Like what for example?

I may be one of the few according to the responses here but I don't care that much for the new Flight of Icarus/ Revive animations. Let the down votes begin !

#8010 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I may be one of the few according to the responses here but I don't care that much for the new Flight of Icarus/ Revive animations. Let the down votes begin !

I was hoping that they would have just added the video and kept the old one. Like how fear of the dark has 2 different animations.

#8011 3 years ago

Yeah I’m not too excited about he FOI animations. Especially the ending with Eddie in flames and it says burn burn burn. Kinda dumb.

#8012 3 years ago

You’re nuts. The previous animations were awful and unfinished looking. The updated animations suit the brand and are completely refined. It’s a major improvement. Now if Stern will tackle the other subpar animations in this game ie: orb, ball save and ball lock as well replacing the terrible font this game will clearly be the GOAT.

Quoted from mollyspub:

#8013 3 years ago

Is there a way to play all the animations while your not playing ?

#8014 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Yeah I’m not too excited about he FOI animations. Especially the ending with Eddie in flames and it says burn burn burn. Kinda dumb.

Yeah the melting face and burn burn burn is a little excessive, but the rest of the mode is improved imo. I think I liked the old revive animations better but I'm barely looking at the screen on this game - the audio cues are huge for me and my skill level (or lack thereof).

#8015 3 years ago

I updated my LE and no regrets, this is a worthwhile upgrade. Machine gun sounds are different, but in a good way. Absolutely love the new Flight of Icarus and Revive animations. Got Cyborg multi ball on my third game which also has cool new animations. The game feels very polished at this point, what a masterpiece this game is. Thanks for the Christmas code update Stern!

374E0445-251A-438F-A437-AA8A7286A597 (resized).jpeg374E0445-251A-438F-A437-AA8A7286A597 (resized).jpeg
#8016 3 years ago

Can someone explain the logic of the flashing lights above the left ramp on the backboard by the Anubis figure? I saw the left light flashing red today and didn't understand why. This is on the Pro model. Thanks-

Mike

#8017 3 years ago

First time battling the beast on the new code. It wasn't a very long battle, much like the previous 2 times on the old code. So close to 1 billion!

2020-12-26 19.04.26 (resized).jpg2020-12-26 19.04.26 (resized).jpg
#8018 3 years ago

Torches one will flash per tomb treasure and sarcophagus lock, the other is for power/super ramps. The left pop bumper will flash during super pops. All part of the pyramid.

#8019 3 years ago

Thanks!

Quoted from JHS71:

Torches one will flash per tomb treasure and sarcophagus lock, the other is for power/super ramps. The left pop bumper will flash during super pops. All part of the pyramid.

#8020 3 years ago

Is it possible to go back to a previous code after installing the new ?

#8021 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Yes

#8022 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Gotta be quick and download the previous code though. Stern keeps it relevant (and real), and they remove old code from the site.

#8023 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Gotta be quick and download the previous code though. Stern keeps it relevant (and real), and they remove old code from the site.

Often they just remove the posted links. If you know the URL, you frequently can still access the last version or two of the code.

#8024 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Why would you want to do that?

#8025 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Why would you want to do that?

I like the new light show in the latest code but I just don't care that much for the new revive and flight of Icarus animations. I'll put some more games on it next weekend and decide from there.

#8026 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I like the new light show in the latest code but I just don't care that much for the new revive and flight of Icarus animations. I'll put some more games on it next weekend and decide from there.

Try turning on family mode and see if it reverts to the older animations you prefer. It takes away the bloody extra ball animation...

#8027 3 years ago

Well as i suspected my gf is loving the new code....because it reset all the high scores. Ill give her until the end of the year before i start clearing her off the leaderboards again lol. Not bad for someone who had never touched a pinball machine until 3 months ago.

20201227_212233 (resized).jpg20201227_212233 (resized).jpg20201227_212336 (resized).jpg20201227_212336 (resized).jpg
#8028 3 years ago

PinMonk Just ordered you’re Anubis 3D mod for my premium. Looks freaking so cool! You’re fans made a huge difference on my ST. Ya think Maiden could benefit from them?

#8029 3 years ago

Previous owner install. I believe he used, I think the term is "a wash", to give it this look.

IMG_20201227_234655534 (resized).jpgIMG_20201227_234655534 (resized).jpg
#8030 3 years ago

In the new code when do you start seeing the roaming shot for EDDIE letters and do you have to change that somewhere in the adjustments or it is default?

#8031 3 years ago
Quoted from JHS71:

Previous owner install. I believe he used, I think the term is "a wash", to give it this look.
[quoted image]

It needs more or less of a black wash. Right now it's in a nowhere zone between the two and looks weird.

#8032 3 years ago

Thanks. I see what you mean. Just recently learned of the process. Will give it a try

#8033 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

In the new code when do you start seeing the roaming shot for EDDIE letters and do you have to change that somewhere in the adjustments or it is default?

I think it is after the 4th mode is played, and I didn't have to do anything, it was already running.

#8034 3 years ago

Ill be listing a laserific topper fs soon and 1-2 characters off the pf....pm with any interest. pics soon.

#8035 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Anyone know what length this standoff should be for center support of left wire form? This one is 1.5"
Searched manual couldn't find a spec
Seems long and preloads wireform lifting exit of ramp.
2nd owner so might be normal or someone's mixup.[quoted image][quoted image]

It is long, but that was by design so the ramp does not interfere with the spinner.

Rob

#8036 3 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

Super Mode game (Esacpe Nublar-style) where you play as the Beast battling Eddie.

Thought the same. But I’m happy.

#8037 3 years ago

...so I hear the update includes the Center Bullseye ramp on the Pro. To rise revealing the scoop underneath!!! Woohoo!!...

#8038 3 years ago

Love having eddie letters lit at the upper mini loop on the new code. It's a fun, semi difficult shot, and it gives you a lot more incentive to shoot it now

#8039 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Love having eddie letters lit at the upper mini loop on the new code. It's a fun, semi difficult shot, and it gives you a lot more incentive to shoot it now

I agree - it was one of the shots that I felt was wasted before. I never really aimed for it, and only hit it when I missed the playfield multiplier target. It's definitely something I aim for after a ball lock or a slow ball coming down to the top left flipper

#8040 3 years ago

Anyone notice a change in the shaker motor since the update? I have a pro and since I did the update it seems the shaker doesn't activate as much. For example It used to shake when collecting score at the end of ball, but not longer does it. I have the setting enabled to maximum.

#8041 3 years ago

Any recommendations on what type and what size storage wise i need when purchasing a thumb/flash drive for my code update?

#8042 3 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Any recommendations on what type and what size storage wise i need when purchasing a thumb/flash drive for my code update?

It would be tough to find a new thumb drive that wouldn't work. If all you need it for is this, go cheap.

I use this one:
https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Cruzer-Glide-Drive-SDCZ60-032G-B35/dp/B007YX9O9E/

#8043 3 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Anyone notice a change in the shaker motor since the update? I have a pro and since I did the update it seems the shaker doesn't activate as much. For example It used to shake when collecting score at the end of ball, but not longer does it. I have the setting enabled to maximum.

On both the previous and the new code, my shaker only activates intermittently on the collecting score part of end of ball - seemingly only when i do well, and not for a mediocre ball. I haven't noticed any change in the shaker between code updates.

#8044 3 years ago

Is there an option to turn off the combo timer in order to collect death blows? Thanks

#8045 3 years ago
Quoted from luckyjab:

Is there an option to turn off the combo timer in order to collect death blows? Thanks

I’m pretty confident there is no timer on the combos. You simply can’t repeat a shot or hit drops, targets, etc.

#8046 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I’m pretty confident there is no timer on the combos. You simply can’t repeat a shot or hit drops, targets, etc.

I meant to say can we turn off the timer for death blows? There definitely is a timer for that with the new code?

#8047 3 years ago
Quoted from luckyjab:

I meant to say can we turn off the timer for death blows? There definitely is a timer for that with the new code?

Not sure what the old code was, but just tested and you have 5 seconds to hit the death blow after you successfully do a combo. Once the 5 seconds runs out, your combo is still “active”, meaning hit another shot in the sequence and again you will have 5 seconds to hit the death blow.

#8048 3 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Do you have the "Bonus Countdown Shaker" (or named something similar) turned on? The default is off.

#8049 3 years ago

Kind of cool, wanted to share. Bought my Maiden 3/7/20. Took a look at my first concert stub. 33 years to the date. The "Somewhere in Time" tour.

IMG_20201229_154056035 (resized).jpgIMG_20201229_154056035 (resized).jpg

#8050 3 years ago

Finally updated. Love the new code.

Biggest noticable changes:

1. Eddie letters for mini loop. Absolutely awesome. I'm a loop addict.

2. Loop extra ball down to 30. I found 50 loops for xb too high, so I adjusted to 40. Now 30 is too low Lol. Keith: if there is another update, please consider raising the default to 40. It's the sweet spot for difficulty. EDIT: Sounds like others think 30 is still tough, so leave it!

3. Icarus visuals. I bitched about these after release. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

4. Bonus visuals, sounds and lights. Awesome!

5. More insults from the devil. YES!!!!!!! just when I thought I couldn't swear at this game more. The callouts and voice acting in this game is rarely talked about. They are so damned good.

Thanks to the entire team working on this game. It truly is a masterpiece. I was already playing this game more than any other. Now it's just crazy addictive, even after owning it for a long time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Trade
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/161?hl=ozpinsmith and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.