(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 317.
#7951 3 years ago
Quoted from mikeking:

It motivated me to fiddle around and get my ball launch adjusted again. Seems like that thing needs re-adjustment every few months.

Yeah I agree i just reset pitch n level every couple weeks now on all 3 of my pins .That app is fantastic takes 5-10 minutes .Everytine I have the ball launch works perfect never had to do anything else .

#7952 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Got the chance to play a couple of games with 1.08
Awesome Stuff !
Takes the game to another level !
Loving the new animations, light shows, enhanced sound effects and fun new call outs.
Best Christmas present ever !
Thanks to all involved for this most amazing update.
Oh and the new Graphic EQ is pretty cool as well.[quoted image]

didn’t notice that yet thanks !

#7953 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I’m having the same issue with a bulb that keeps going off and on in the left in lane closest to the flipper. It’s annoying as hell. Every time the ball hits the slings it flashes on or off. Tried pulling the spring many times so I’m gonna try the solder dab and see if that works.

Quoted from Tranquilize:

Or just pull the spring to stretch it....

It's a contact problem in the socket, not between the bulb and socket. Hard pressure downwards in the socket will fix it.

#7954 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Yes I have tried squeezing the round lamp holder as well. Still flickers.

take a look at the pic of bulb I posted, that groove in the solder is where the issue is.

#7955 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Novus 1 is my go to.

Novice 1 on PF.I havnt cleaned any of my cabinets yet is novice 1 a good choice for tgat as well ?

#7956 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Novice 1 on PF.I havnt cleaned any of my cabinets yet is novice 1 a good choice for tgat as well ?

I dont clean the cabinets other than just dry microfiber for dusting. so cant give any advice there.

#7957 3 years ago

Something I don't like after the update is when hitting your shots in aces high multiball, the sound of machine guns going off is no longer there. Hearing this actually helped me complete it.

#7958 3 years ago
Quoted from mikeking:

I noticed they bumped the version number from 1.06 to 1.08. I wonder if there was an intermediate 1.07 that never got released? That could explain why this one is such a beefy update.

1.07 I believe was 1.06 plus support for coin door open detection.

#7959 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Something I don't like after the update is when hitting your shots in aces high multiball, the sound of machine guns going off is no longer there. Hearing this actually helped me complete it.

Yeah I did notice that .That’s a bummer.

#7960 3 years ago

Anyone know what length this standoff should be for center support of left wire form? This one is 1.5"
Searched manual couldn't find a spec
Seems long and preloads wireform lifting exit of ramp.
2nd owner so might be normal or someone's mixup.

16088324163163684600843532772296 (resized).jpg16088324163163684600843532772296 (resized).jpg16088324316666672158654300593532 (resized).jpg16088324316666672158654300593532 (resized).jpg
#7961 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Anyone know what length this standoff should be for center support of left wire form? This one is 1.5"
Searched manual couldn't find a spec
Seems long and preloads wireform lifting exit of ramp.
2nd owner so might be normal or someone's mixup.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks exactly the same on my pro. I assume it was done to help keep the ball speed slow enough not to come off the ramp.

#7962 3 years ago
Quoted from Vinnie:

Looks exactly the same on my pro. I assume it was done to help keep the ball speed slow enough not to come off the ramp.

Perfect thank you

#7963 3 years ago

You need to stretch the spring way more than you think, but be sure to press against the base of it or you'll rip it out. I also rough up the spring, bulb and socket clip points with a mini file to assure a good connection.

Stern's Chinese pot metal doesn't help...

#7964 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Yes I have tried squeezing the round lamp holder as well. Still flickers.

Stern uses CHEAP bulbs (surprise!) so if making better contact isn't fixing it, there's an intermittent connection inside the bulb to the led. Toss the bulb. Replace with comet. Problem solved.

#7965 3 years ago

I've had the pro for awhile and love it. For some reason I thought about upgrading. What say you guys?

#7966 3 years ago

Which USB port do I put the thumb drive in for the update? I notice there are 2 side by side behind the backglass. Thanks...

#7967 3 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Which USB port do I put the thumb drive in for the update? I notice there are 2 side by side behind the backglass. Thanks...

Right side

#7968 3 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I always use the left. It has arrows pointing toward it. I feel like when i tried it on the right it didnt even work.

#7969 3 years ago

I just fish around and slam it into whichever port I hit.

#7970 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I always use the left. It has arrows pointing toward it. I feel like when i tried it on the right it didnt even work.

Right side doesn't work. Says insert USB stick

#7971 3 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

It shouldn't matter, but if neither recognize it, you need to use a different brand/model USB stick. Spike is pickier than it should be about USB sticks. Also make SURE you formatted it using FAT-32 and not ex-FAT or NTFS.

#7972 3 years ago

I used the right usb port doing both IMDN and my SW Pro this week - no issues.

#7973 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It shouldn't matter, but if neither recognize it, you need to use a different brand/model USB stick. Spike is pickier than it should be about USB sticks. Also make SURE you formatted it using FAT-32 and not ex-FAT or NTFS.

Neither side is working. Not sure what you mean by formatting using etc etc. Not a big computer/downloader guy. Have to get a new stick I'm guessing??

#7974 3 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I used the right usb port doing both IMDN and my SW Pro this week - no issues.

Pretty sure I did too. No issues.

#7975 3 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Neither side is working. Not sure what you mean by formatting using etc etc. Not a big computer/downloader guy. Have to get a new stick I'm guessing??

When the stick is in your computer, right click the drive and select format. Make sure to select fat32. It will erase all info on the card

#7976 3 years ago

I usually do the right side, feels easier to access.

#7977 3 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

PC or Mac?

#7978 3 years ago

I haven’t played my Maiden in months due to JP2 and GNR entering the lineup, but holy crap, this update is awesome! That revive animation and extra bonus sound effects...goose bumps! Man, dare I say this game is better than JP2? So close so close.

#7979 3 years ago

I agree with what everyone is saying: this update is the bomb. I really love Maiden and waffle between it and JP2 in terms of current favorite game. Right now, the newness of the update has pushed Maiden over the top. That said, I'd love for JP2 to get the Maiden treatment (along with Deadpool) for the extended high score tallys: think chimichanga champion, most dinosaurs captured, spinners made, etc. Maiden makes it rewarding to change your shooting style to the desired leaderboard, and I for one like that a lot. I love just spending a game trying to be a ramp champion or spinner meltdown champion.

#7980 3 years ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

I agree with what everyone is saying: this update is the bomb. I really love Maiden and waffle between it and JP2 in terms of current favorite game. Right now, the newness of the update has pushed Maiden over the top. That said, I'd love for JP2 to get the Maiden treatment (along with Deadpool) for the extended high score tallys: think chimichanga champion, most dinosaurs captured, spinners made, etc. Maiden makes it rewarding to change your shooting style to the desired leaderboard, and I for one like that a lot. I love just spending a game trying to be a ramp champion or spinner meltdown champion.

Deadpool just got a leader table in its last update a few weeks ago. JP2 has one too.

#7981 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I haven’t played my Maiden in months due to JP2 and GNR entering the lineup, but holy crap, this update is awesome! That revive animation and extra bonus sound effects...goose bumps! Man, dare I say this game is better than JP2? So close so close.

Much better!
Jp2 = sunday drive.
Imdn = deathrace 2000.

#7982 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I’m having the same issue with a bulb that keeps going off and on in the left in lane closest to the flipper. It’s annoying as hell. Every time the ball hits the slings it flashes on or off. Tried pulling the spring many times so I’m gonna try the solder dab and see if that works.

Same problem here.

#7983 3 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Same problem here.

get a bottle of that stabilant 22a. did all my bulbs this morning, just a drop on base and one side post. 20 games in no issues.

Its not cheap but it works. I will do all my connections for boards next time they wig out.

#7984 3 years ago

Joined the club yesterday! My hands hurt I played it so much. Merry Christmas!!

790B43A2-AE20-4B84-9D2B-390FC2255947 (resized).jpeg790B43A2-AE20-4B84-9D2B-390FC2255947 (resized).jpeg
#7985 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

[quoted image]

The best present! Merry Christmas mate!!

#7986 3 years ago

Code is awesome, big thanks to Stern team.
Anyone notice a small issue on the Pro, periodically goes into ball search mode when a ball gets stuck behind the physical ball lock (trooper MB post) ??
Never did this prior to the new update.

#7987 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Code is awesome, big thanks to Stern team.
Anyone notice a small issue on the Pro, periodically goes into ball search mode when a ball gets stuck behind the physical ball lock (trooper MB post) ??
Never did this prior to the new update.

I have seen this several times before the update, and once after. I haven't been able to figure out the exact sequence that triggers it.

#7988 3 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

I have seen this several times before the update, and once after. I haven't been able to figure out the exact sequence that triggers it.

Ah, ok...thanks for the input, I’d never seen it occur prior.
I’ll keep an eye out to see if I can nail the events leading up to it.

#7989 3 years ago

Was planning to do this update, but hearing the cool machine gun sounds are removed in Aces High and game end sequences is making me hold off. The new additions sound great, but was anything else removed in the new code? If machine gun sounds was a safety concern, then simply add a family mode like Metallica, Family Guy, Sopranos, etc.

#7990 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

[quoted image]

Merry Christmas indeed !!

#7991 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Was planning to do this update, but hearing the cool machine gun sounds are removed in Aces High and game end sequences is making me hold off. The new additions sound great, but was anything else removed in the new code? If machine gun sounds was a safety concern, then simply add a family mode like Metallica, Family Guy, Sopranos, etc.

That’s the only thing I noticed that I miss .I’ve only played a handful of games on it though I’m at work again hopefully I get some serious time tonight .

#7992 3 years ago

Was able to sneak a few games in this am. Went To utilities to access the new equalizer but couldn't find it. This is on pro editions as well?

#7993 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Was able to sneak a few games in this am. Went To utilities to access the new equalizer but couldn't find it. This is on pro editions as well?

When you get to the High/Lo Passthru setting you change it there to 10 band EQ.

#7994 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Doesn’t have anything to do with that as they added machine gun shots to the bonus countdown.

#7995 3 years ago

That’s a bummer if the aces high super jackpot machine gun firing was removed. May have to play a game or two today to check it out.

#7997 3 years ago
Quoted from mikeking:

Anyone else notice that if you disable song selection between balls, it goes into a musical loop (sounds like the “bass breakdown” section of RotAM) until you shoot the ball? I wish it would just keep the current song playing. It’s kind of distracting the way it is, messes up the groove.

Yep, I had to turn it back off as it was driving me nuts.

#7998 3 years ago

Nothing was removed from aces high videos or match.

#7999 3 years ago

Yeah, then just insert the USB drive, open windows explorer, right click on the USB drive letter/name and select "format" (make SURE you selected the USB, it will erase whatever drive you've selected) then make sure "FAT32" is the selected option then hit "START". Once that's done, copy the update files over to the USB in the root (main) directory. When it's finished, right click on the USB letter/name again and select "EJECT." When it tells you it's all clear, remove the USB, insert it in the powered off pinball machine then turn it on.

If it doesn't go into upgrade mode at that point, power off and try the other USB port on the CPU board. Power on. If THAT doesn't work, you have a USB brand/model Spike doesn't like. Get a different one and try again.

#8000 3 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Nothing was removed from aces high videos or match.

Thank you for the amazing update!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.00
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Trade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 15,842 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/160?hl=ozpinsmith and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.