(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,838 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 317.
#7901 3 years ago

I would suggest to move those spring washers to the other end of coil. I think it might be a major cause for coil stops failing.

#7902 3 years ago

I pulled my washers entirely when I replaced with proper stops.

Quoted from Iizi:

I would suggest to move those spring washers to the other end of coil. I think it might be a major cause for coil stops failing.

#7903 3 years ago

The new callouts and animations are cool, but the additional light show polish is great.

Where is the adjustment to skip song selection after ball one? I couldn't find it.

#7904 3 years ago

I noticed they bumped the version number from 1.06 to 1.08. I wonder if there was an intermediate 1.07 that never got released? That could explain why this one is such a beefy update.

#7905 3 years ago

What size SD cards are you all using?

Going down the new SD card route, but the balenaEtcher thing Stern recommends is telling me my 4GB SD card is too small...

EDIT: I think i may have answered my own question as it literally says "8G" in the .raw filename! It's 7.87GB. Ordered a 16GB from amazon...

#7906 3 years ago
Quoted from mikeking:

I noticed they bumped the version number from 1.06 to 1.08. I wonder if there was an intermediate 1.07 that never got released? That could explain why this one is such a beefy update.

I was wondering the same thing.

#7907 3 years ago

I use a 16gb usb drive

#7908 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

What size SD cards are you all using?
Going down the new SD card route, but the balenaEtcher thing Stern recommends is telling me my 4GB SD card is too small...
EDIT: I think i may have answered my own question as it literally says "8G" in the .raw filename! It's 7.87GB. Ordered a 16GB from amazon...

16GB SanDisk Ultra, Class 10.

#7909 3 years ago

Great update and only started to explore the new additions.

I do think this might be the best game of all time, but that is hugely subjective of course.

I did think we might get a RTTH mini-game, as thought I remembered Keith saying ages ago, that he wanted all his games to have this feature.

Not to worry though, this game is awesome!

#7910 3 years ago

No madness for the pro?

#7911 3 years ago

For those of you who already updated, did you go into your settings and make some mental notes of some of your current settings before you updated? I like how mine is set up other than the update I'll be doing tomorrow. Just like to know how I had a majority of it set before it all changes.

#7912 3 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

For those of you who already updated, did you go into your settings and make some mental notes of some of your current settings before you updated? I like how mine is set up other than the update I'll be doing tomorrow. Just like to know how I had a majority of it set before it all changes.

Yep, thats what I did. I realized IMDN didn't have a "settings dump" option in the utilities like my JP, so everything does get erased.

Of course, now there is a settings dump after updating, though its just a backup since future (if ever) updates won't erase settings.

#7913 3 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Before I do an update, I always go through the settings and take photos with my phone of every setting that isn’t listed as “factory default” (and also my high scores).

One thing to be careful of using this method is that because on IMDN the setting names flash on the screen, make sure the text is visible when you take the photo. Especially since the setting numbers generally change between updates as they add new settings.

#7914 3 years ago
Quoted from mikeking:

Before I do an update, I always go through the settings and take photos with my phone of every setting that isn’t listed as “factory default” (and also my high scores).
One thing to be careful of using this method is that because on IMDN the setting names flash on the screen, make sure the text is visible when you take the photo. Especially since the setting numbers generally change between updates as they add new settings.

Just curious too what settings are more important than others to most of you. Not that they don't all matter, but I just dont want to spend hours going through every single setting if need be but I might. Pic idea is good tho. Was planning on just a notepad and pen but.

#7915 3 years ago

Now that Keith has graciously added lighting support to the action button (no Iron Maiden actually ships with) in the new code (the unlit code for the button itself already has been working in code for a long time) I just added a thread with a parts list so you can add a working action button to your maiden now:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-how-to-add-a-working-lockdown-bar-button#post-6033183

#7916 3 years ago
Quoted from JHS71:

Was hoping a change would be made to an open sarcophagus gate. The start of aces and rime it will close but remain open on others which can really kill flow on FOI and FotD. But really...nice update.

Because those modes are already mb and lock out the abilty to earn mummy or trooper locks. Makes sense. Too much stacking would make things too easy

#7917 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I do think this might be the best game of all time, but that is hugely subjective of course.
I did think we might get a RTTH mini-game, as thought I remembered Keith saying ages ago, that he wanted all his games to have this feature.

You really need to play AIQ. The shots are the best I've ever played on a pin. The code updates just keep making it better.

#7918 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

You really need to play AIQ. The shots are the best I've ever played on a pin. The code updates just keep making it better.

I own AIQ premium and IMDN pro and Maiden is still.the best game ever imo. Avengers is great but Maiden...just so damned good

#7919 3 years ago

1st game with new code, liking the lighting effects and best score ever for HBTN and a soul shard. Hoping there's more to come!(but give it a bit)

#7920 3 years ago

Put two games on with new code today, love all the new light effects and FOI imagery. Got the 4x spinner in FOTD. Erasing my 1B score has made me hungry to get it back up there, hit 609M on game 2 today. I do think this is in the conversation of best pin ever. Just doesn't get old to shoot.

#7921 3 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

No.
Update. Set to Free Play. Enjoy... maybe adjust settings later.

#7922 3 years ago

What are the factory outlane post positions? Id lowered them for my gf and son but she has become a better player and he never plays Maiden. I feel like it was left all the was up and right in the middle?

#7923 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

What are the factory outlane post positions? Id lowered them for my gf and son but she has become a better player and he never plays Maiden. I feel like it was left all the was up and right in the middle?

Left post in the middle
Right post at the top.

#7924 3 years ago

Yeah I wish there was the RTTH opinion as well. I'm curious what percentage of owners can actually get there? I freely admit I have no chance, like ever. Just to get to NOTB is a real challenge. It was surprising seeing how JP has that option. Oh well.

#7925 3 years ago

Yeah I also wish there was the RTTH mini-game as well. I wonder what percentage of owners can actually get there. Not me!! Kind of surprising seeing how JP had that option. Oh well.

#7926 3 years ago

Anyone else notice that if you disable song selection between balls, it goes into a musical loop (sounds like the “bass breakdown” section of RotAM) until you shoot the ball? I wish it would just keep the current song playing. It’s kind of distracting the way it is, messes up the groove.

#7927 3 years ago
Quoted from mikeking:

Anyone else notice that if you disable song selection between balls, it goes into a musical loop (sounds like the “bass breakdown” section of RotAM) until you shoot the ball? I wish it would just keep the current song playing. It’s kind of distracting the way it is, messes up the groove.

Yeah, I noticed that. No idea why it's so hard to just put the one feature back in but we can at least lock the song so I won't complain too much.

#7928 3 years ago

Just got into playing a bit today .I didn’t expect this much !! Really happy with the new code 4 sho !!

#7929 3 years ago

I remembered to take pictures of all my high scores before updating but forgot to document my adjustment settings. Think i've got them all mostly back the way they were other than speech/music attenuation which I'll have to mess with some. Only played a few games but definitely worth losing the high scores for.

#7930 3 years ago

Yeah, I'm enjoying these changes on my Pro. The change to the hard-level/late-stage Eddie letter rules is huge IMO. I'll be reaching 2MTM far more frequently now. And it really knocks out the late stage game ramp slog. I got to 2MTM in my second game after updating. And actually, it will be a little more of a strategic choice to go after Cyborg, vs a side effect of chasing Eddie letters.

NOTB should be more frequently achieved too, getting those last ramps to get 2MTM are usually my downfall. Fun.

I really like the Eddie letter lightshow, too. Nice little flourish that makes it unmistakable that you earned a letter now.

And the Icarus animations - damn, what an improvement. Those originals were pretty rough, and always seemed out of place to me. I wonder how long they were putting the final touches on these animations. Were they in progress since much earlier on in production of the machine, or just started fairly recently and released?

A heartfelt thanks for the Christmas gift, to KME and rest of the guys that had a hand in getting this update done at Stern. That is some solid fan service imo. Much appreciated!

#7931 3 years ago

Just short of 2MTM with all the other cards done. Trying to stay focused on the playfield but there are some great new animations. I just got Tomb Treasure 5- extra ball. I don't think I've ever gotten that one previously. Modes must be easier to complete as well. I of course left it on the table. If I collected the EB I'd definitely be battling the beast right now. My Pinstadiums seem a lot more active, I might need to tame those down a bit. They are doing things I don't remember previously. Maybe I'm crazy, but if I can get 5 Tomb Treasures on a decent game, not great, maybe RTTH isn't out of reach.

#7932 3 years ago

I bought one of the support brackets for the clairvoyant target. Its not complicated looking but could someone post a quick install overview please.

New coil stops are installed. New Titans installed. Post changed back to normal. Playfield halfway done waxing. Tomorrow afternoon is going to rock.

#7933 3 years ago

Fwiw to those on the fence. My Titans had 3,000+ games on them and could have gone more tbh.

#7934 3 years ago

This new code has started a fire under me. Tomorrow morning I'm going full on, cleaning, fixing loose bulb sockets and replacing rubbers as needed.
Stern crew really delivered on this code, I couldn't be happier.

#7935 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

This new code has started a fire under me. Tomorrow morning I'm going full on, cleaning, fixing loose bulb sockets and replacing rubbers as needed.

It motivated me to fiddle around and get my ball launch adjusted again. Seems like that thing needs re-adjustment every few months.

#7936 3 years ago
Quoted from mikeking:

It motivated me to fiddle around and get my ball launch adjusted again. Seems like that thing needs re-adjustment every few months.

I must be a lucky one, had mine for 10 months or so, never had to adjust launch. anytime it stopped loading the upper posts for ball lock I would clean the PF and back to perfect.

#7937 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I own AIQ premium and IMDN pro and Maiden is still.the best game ever imo. Avengers is great but Maiden...just so damned good

I agree I owned the 3 aswell, maiden and jp are masterpieces. AIQ still as some potential to be an awesome pin aswell

#7938 3 years ago

Got the chance to play a couple of games with 1.08
Awesome Stuff !

Takes the game to another level !

Loving the new animations, light shows, enhanced sound effects and fun new call outs.

Best Christmas present ever !

Thanks to all involved for this most amazing update.

Oh and the new Graphic EQ is pretty cool as well.

mdn (resized).jpgmdn (resized).jpg
#7939 3 years ago

Anyone else managed to successfully open the new code in Pinball Browser yet?

It won't open in v6 after unpacking. It opens in v7 but there are no sounds recognised.

#7940 3 years ago

I will jump on the bandwagon to say that this new code update is really great. The added light show is noticeable and well done/integrated. I especially like the extra added end of ball flasher show. For me, I really like the option to pick one song that lasts across all three balls, and I really am digging the new graphics on the Flight of Icarus mode. Definitely a very well done update!

#7941 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

What’s the best fix for the flakey gi bulb sockets?

#7942 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

What’s the best fix for the flakey gi bulb sockets?

Put a big dab of solder on the bottom of the bulb. Grind it down flat just so you can turn the bulb in place, it should fit snugly. Then there will be a downward pressure against the spring and socket.

#7943 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Got the chance to play a couple of games with 1.08
Awesome Stuff !
Takes the game to another level !
Loving the new animations, light shows, enhanced sound effects and fun new call outs.
Best Christmas present ever !
Thanks to all involved for this most amazing update.
Oh and the new Graphic EQ is pretty cool as well.[quoted image]

Where do I find the EQ? (Pro version)

#7944 3 years ago
Quoted from Returner:

Put a big dab of solder on the bottom of the bulb. Grind it down flat just so you can turn the bulb in place, it should fit snugly. Then there will be a downward pressure against the spring and socket.

Or just pull the spring to stretch it....

#7945 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I must be a lucky one, had mine for 10 months or so, never had to adjust launch. anytime it stopped loading the upper posts for ball lock I would clean the PF and back to perfect.

What do you guys use to clean your pf? Novus 1/2?

#7946 3 years ago

I’m having the same issue with a bulb that keeps going off and on in the left in lane closest to the flipper. It’s annoying as hell. Every time the ball hits the slings it flashes on or off. Tried pulling the spring many times so I’m gonna try the solder dab and see if that works.

#7947 3 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

What do you guys use to clean your pf? Novus 1/2?

Novus 1 is my go to.

#7948 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I’m having the same issue with a bulb that keeps going off and on in the left in lane closest to the flipper. It’s annoying as hell. Every time the ball hits the slings it flashes on or off. Tried pulling the spring many times so I’m gonna try the solder dab and see if that works.

I used some pliers to narrow the bulb holder so it grips the bulb tightly.

A lot better.

Otherwise it's better built bulb holders.

#7949 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Crimp bulb base and apply stabilant 22a to terminal and side posts. I've found the center solder terminal on bulbs to be the issue. The stabilant 22a is a contact enhancer. I use it on lots of automotive terminals.

1608827185806380139449228123842 (resized).jpg1608827185806380139449228123842 (resized).jpg16088272246513189772354511053742 (resized).jpg16088272246513189772354511053742 (resized).jpg
#7950 3 years ago

Yes I have tried squeezing the round lamp holder as well. Still flickers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 24.50
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 15,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/159 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.