(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,653 posts
  • 1,042 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Kkoss24
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2458 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2456 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2459 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6659 (resized).png
IMG_6658 (resized).png
IMG_6660 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6664 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6662 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6663 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5503 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240325_202244_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240325_202205_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
IMG_8122 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,653 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 314.
#7801 3 years ago

It's here! Happy holidays everyone!

#7802 3 years ago

Code dropped just as i left town for the night. Avengers as well lol

#7803 3 years ago

Sweet! Looks like a lot of cool changes. Merry Maiden Xmas boys!

#7804 3 years ago

Finally a real reason to clean and wax my playfield and finally install these new coil stops ive had since the summer.

#7805 3 years ago

Question...
If i have custom soundtrack sd card in maiden, can i still update code and keep those alternate tracks or does it go back to the original maiden music?

#7806 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Question...
If i have custom soundtrack sd card in maiden, can i still update code and keep those alternate tracks or does it go back to the original maiden music?

It will wipe it. Get another SD card.

#7807 3 years ago

I was really hoping for the flipper select option for wizard mode.

#7808 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

It will wipe it. Get another SD card.

I have the original card, can i update it w the new code and then just swap my custom sd card in it afterwards or no?

#7809 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

I have the original card, can i update it w the new code and then just swap my custom sd card in it afterwards or no?

Yes

#7810 3 years ago

That’s not accurate. You will need to update any SD card to the new code, then go back and insert all of your custom music on the NEW SD card. If you update to the new code on SD Card “B”, then pull it out and out in SD Card “A” with your custom music, it’s going to load whatever code is on card “A”.

#7811 3 years ago

Full/Verify update has deleted all my settings and high scores.

#7812 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

It stated that it would in the first line of the "read me"

#7813 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Thats normal.

#7814 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Time to get to work Babee!

#7815 3 years ago

The bailout mode for FOI is a great addition.

#7816 3 years ago

This is maybe a dumb question, but this is my first code update. What do I need to do? Just get an SD card? Is there already one in the machine?

#7817 3 years ago

Haven't played it yet, but after reading, I really like the update. No massive changes, but a TON of QOL stuff, and what sound to be a lot of fun light show and call-out additions

#7818 3 years ago

1.08 is noticeably different from 1.06.

#7819 3 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

This is maybe a dumb question, but this is my first code update. What do I need to do? Just get an SD card? Is there already one in the machine?

There is an SD card on the board behind the back glass. You can just pop it out and burn a new image onto it. Burning the image requires third party software on windows; on Linux it is done with "dd". I don't know about mac. There is also a method for using a USB stick to update but that has only worked for me once. The SD card method has worked without fail for me using dd in linux.

#7820 3 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

There is an SD card on the board behind the back glass. You can just pop it out and burn a new image onto it. Burning the image requires third party software on windows; on Linux it is done with "dd". I don't know about mac. There is also a method for using a USB stick to update but that has only worked for me once. The SD card method has worked without fail for me using dd in linux.

I've done dozens of updates via usb and never had an issue.

#7821 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

I've done dozens of updates via usb and never had an issue.

Do I still need specific software for this or do I just load the code from Stern on the USB?

#7822 3 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

Do I still need specific software for this or do I just load the code from Stern on the USB?

Just go to Stern's code page and follow the instructions in the "read me" file

https://sternpinball.com/support/game-code/

#7823 3 years ago

Awesome update!!! The new icarus animations are great. One of the best games ever got better.

#7824 3 years ago

Default power is now maxed out for the main flippers? (EDIT: Previous default was set to Hard, so probably not a change)

- changed 'LEFT FLIPPER POWER' - default: 255 (min: 100 / max: 255) - removed preset SOFT / NORMAL / HARD
- changed 'RIGHT FLIPPER POWER' - default: 255 (min: 100 / max: 255) - removed preset SOFT / NORMAL / HARD
- changed 'UPPER LEFT FLIPPER POWER' - default: 190 (min: 100 / max: 255) - removed preset SOFT / NORMAL / HARD
- changed 'UPPER RIGHT FLIPPER POWER' - default: 225 (min: 100 / max: 255) - removed preset SOFT / NORMAL / HARD

#7825 3 years ago

My .spk file has numbers after it. Is that right?

iron_maiden_pro-1_08_0.spk.002.000

My 1.06 file just had the .spk

#7826 3 years ago

First game. Crushed Mummy first time which I never do. Missed the Trooper card, had super jackpot lit. Had 2 balls locked to try it again to battle the beast and botched it. I almost always get the Trooper card first try. So close to 666 million. Lots of new animations and cal outs. Light show seems improved.

20201222_213808 (resized).jpg20201222_213808 (resized).jpg
#7827 3 years ago

Terrific update! The new Icarus / revive animations are KILLER. STERN...keep going! The animation is one of the few thing lacking on this title. ( specifically update the ball save animation and the trooper ball lock animation.)

Please, if I could have ONE thing changed on this game..

CHANGE THAT BORING FONT!!!!!

ITS AWFUL.... Using the Iron Maiden font instead of the crummy MS DOS font is kind of a no brainer eh?

#7828 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

My .spk file has numbers after it. Is that right?
iron_maiden_pro-1_08_0.spk.002.000
My 1.06 file just had the .spk

Yes.

Update instructions:
1 - Download the zip file
2 - Unzip the file, this will create a folder that contains two files
3 - Open folder, copy only the files to the root level of a FAT32 formatted USB stick.
Do not copy the folder.
4 - Power game off
5 - Insert USB stick
6 - Turn on game
7 - After game boots up it will give the option for software update

#7829 3 years ago

This is the first time I’ve done an update where I’ve lost all my high scores....I wonder why?

#7830 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

That’s not accurate. You will need to update any SD card to the new code, then go back and insert all of your custom music on the NEW SD card. If you update to the new code on SD Card “B”, then pull it out and out in SD Card “A” with your custom music, it’s going to load whatever code is on card “A”.

Apologies, I perceived this to mean "can i check out the new code if I update my original SD card, but go back to my modified SD card to have the version of the game with the custom music (without the new code)". Listen to djreddog.

#7831 3 years ago

Can someone please share their trough eject and plunger power settings? The code update put everything back to stock settings.

#7832 3 years ago

Yes, the software will wipe your scores.

But can we still save the high scores table and custom settings via the backup option in settings, then update, then reimport the settings/High scores back?

#7833 3 years ago

I updated 3 pins tonight, Star Wars, Iron Maiden and Stranger Things. Stranger Things was the only one to keep my high scores. Not sure why.

#7834 3 years ago

Do you lose all the trophies or just high scores?

#7835 3 years ago

RE: Saving scores. This is a newer feature Stern added to code. Thus Stranger Things saved them. Check the read me file for the IMDN, it states that this update will wipe all scores and audits, but all future updates will preserve them.

#7836 3 years ago

Worked great for me - thanks!

#7837 3 years ago

Locked - loaded - playing

#7838 3 years ago

Just updated mine, love the new LCD animations great job Keith.

#7839 3 years ago

Is there possibly more Elwin on Fear of the Dark, or did I just notice it more this time around? Either way, glad he's still in there, cracks me up.

#7840 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I updated 3 pins tonight, Star Wars, Iron Maiden and Stranger Things. Stranger Things was the only one to keep my high scores. Not sure why.

Weird. I updated Stranger Things and Iron Maiden this month, and Stranger Things reset high scores but IMDN didn't.

This code update is GREAT. Everything I wanted (30 loops EB!) and the callouts, animations, and lightshows are a nice addition.

Merry Christmas!

#7841 3 years ago

Today is my Saturday night as far as shift goes .Thanks buds downloading now can’t wait !

#7842 3 years ago

Wow... great update! Way more than I was expecting. Still need to go in and tweak the audio settings a bit for my speakers. Was having too much fun playing to mess with it tonight!

#7843 3 years ago

Has the Mariner mode always said "Shoot the blue shots"?

#7844 3 years ago

lots of new detail and resolution in art throughout, new animations, lots of new call outs and audio updates, plus some gameplay scoring enhancements

a substantial remodel just in time for the winter holiday

#7845 3 years ago

One game up - this is first class! One of the greatest pins ever just got a lot better

Well done Stern for an excellent and timely update

#7846 3 years ago

Awesome can’t wait....
I believe they sorted the pop bumper also ...

General Illumination - left pop bumper flasher now behaves as the rest of GI when not being used

#7847 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Awesome can’t wait....
I believe they sorted the pop bumper also ...
General Illumination - left pop bumper flasher now behaves as the rest of GI when not being used

I knew it was possible because X-MEN was already doing that with their Magneto flasher. Good to see they fixed it for Maiden.

#7848 3 years ago

Anyone able to put do a custom soundtrack for me on this new code?
$$$ message me.

#7849 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

$$$ message me.

PinballMix.

#7850 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

$$$ message me.

Seconded. I dont own a pc or pc skills.
I just want to swap out "Can i play with Madness for Queen "Dont stop ke now"
The tracks are only 1sec apart in length.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne Beach, FL
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
There are 15,653 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 314.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/157?hl=ozpinsmith and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.