(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,839 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,839 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 317.
#7651 3 years ago

@pinmonk
Awesome!!
Seems to be working!!
Ill Play around with it and continue to monitor

#7652 3 years ago
Quoted from fuzz:

@pinmonk
Awesome!!
Seems to be working!!
Ill Play around with it and continue to monitor

Great to hear. Definitely report back if it continues to be THE fix for you so there's a record for other people that may have the issue later.

#7653 3 years ago

1 hour later, 15 games later and I say its registering 80% of the shots.
in fact I just had my best game ever of 480 million
I took off the piece I got from PInball Life when I applied the tape
debating if I should put it back on or just be happy with the 80%

Thanks Again @pinballmonk i really appreciate the help

#7654 3 years ago

after 5 more games it seems like it is now registering 25% of the time
Im going to tape the receiver of the opto to see if that helps

#7655 3 years ago
Quoted from fuzz:

Dont tape the receiving end. Whats happening (with most loop opto. Not necessarily yours) is that the ball passes through the beam so quickly that the opto doesnt register a broken beam. Covering half of the output side reduces the size of the beam thereby causing the ball to break the beam for a slightly longs time giving the opto a chance to recognize what happening. I did this and my loop is all 100%.
Covering the recieving end would technically do the same but you are making it much harder to line up the optos. Narrow beam with large reciever will work much better than a large beam with a narrow reciever. Good luck

#7656 3 years ago

After about 2800 plays on IMDN Pro, my left flipper is getting weak and is "giving" a little when it is hit by a ball while in the "up" position. Is this pretty much open-and-shut diagnosis for needed coil stop replacement? Thanks.

#7657 3 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

After about 2800 plays on IMDN Pro, my left flipper is getting weak and is "giving" a little when it is hit by a ball while in the "up" position. Is this pretty much open-and-shut diagnosis for needed coil stop replacement? Thanks.

Exact same thing happened on my pro ~2000 plays. I looked and coil stop nub wiggles. My coil stops are in the mail and I’m going to replace all 4.

#7658 3 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

Coil stops. Get new ones from Pinball Life. Last of your problems with them for at least another 2800 plays.

#7659 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Coil stops. Get new ones from Pinball Life. Last of your problems with them for at least another 2800 plays.

Thanks to both responders. Yep, after checking tonight it was definitely a shot coil stop, rivet popped out. I ordered a batch of them and coil sleeves. Do folks recommend changing all out at once or replace only what's immediately broken?

#7660 3 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

Thanks to both responders. Yep, after checking tonight it was definitely a shot coil stop, rivet popped out. I ordered a batch of them and coil sleeves. Do folks recommend changing all out at once or replace only what's immediately broken?

I'd replace them all in this case. Stern coil stops seem prone to failure.

#7661 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Dont tape the receiving end. Whats happening (with most loop opto. Not necessarily yours) is that the ball passes through the beam so quickly that the opto doesnt register a broken beam. Covering half of the output side reduces the size of the beam thereby causing the ball to break the beam for a slightly longs time giving the opto a chance to recognize what happening. I did this and my loop is all 100%.
Covering the recieving end would technically do the same but you are making it much harder to line up the optos. Narrow beam with large reciever will work much better than a large beam with a narrow reciever. Good luck

Was it a matter of "dialing it" in terms of tape placement and coverage in order to achieve the 100%

#7662 3 years ago

I just did this to my other games. Thought I’d share, looks bad ass on maiden.

A8ABD1A5-B930-4A30-953F-3481B91D600D (resized).jpegA8ABD1A5-B930-4A30-953F-3481B91D600D (resized).jpeg
#7663 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I just did this to my other games. Thought I’d share, looks bad ass on maiden. [quoted image]

What is it a app?

#7664 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

What is it a app?

Yea. Clip2Comic

#7665 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yea. Clip2Comic

Looks cool! Is this the premium version of the App or the free one?
Thanks

#7666 3 years ago
Quoted from Torre:

Looks cool! Is this the premium version of the App or the free one?
Thanks

Premium 2 week free trial.

#7667 3 years ago
Quoted from fuzz:

after 5 more games it seems like it is now registering 25% of the time

Don't settle for less than 100%, and don't use the absolutely ridiculous tape method. The issue is misalignment. You're taping off opto bleed. This is not new, and the best fix is to put your machine into switch test mode, loosen the screws on the send side of the opto. Flick your finger past the opto so that you can mimic the failure. Adjust the angle of the opto till it's 100%. Use paper shims to keep the opto in position and tighten. My loop opto was off and it is now 100% after this 20 minute fix.

I've seen opto shims on old w/b games too, and I'm not sure who unfortunately "invented" the silly tape fix, but I guess it's better than buying the mod that does the same thing.

#7668 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Don't settle for less than 100%, and don't use the absolutely ridiculous tape method. The issue is misalignment. You're taping off opto bleed. This is not new, and the best fix is to put your machine into switch test mode, loosen the screws on the send side of the opto. Flick your finger past the opto so that you can mimic the failure. Adjust the angle of the opto till it's 100%. Use paper shims to keep the opto in position and tighten. My loop opto was off and it is now 100% after this 20 minute fix.
I've seen opto shims on old w/b games too, and I'm not sure who unfortunately "invented" the silly tape fix, but I guess it's better than buying the mod that does the same thing.

Except this isnt accurate. I have a tool that actually sees the opto on my screen and mine qere aligned perfectly. The loop was getting so fast on repeating shots that the ball was flying through the opti so quickly it wasnt registering. The tape method is not ridiculous as many have done this and it not only works but makes sense. There is a reason people sell opto blinder mods for this title. A little piece of tape wont hurt your game or ever be seen (or thought of) again.
Also, IF it was just helping with alignment, a piece of tape is so much easier to do than an adjustment lol

#7669 3 years ago
Quoted from fuzz:

Was it a matter of "dialing it" in terms of tape placement and coverage in order to achieve the 100%

Just tape off half of it and call it a day. I guarantee itll be worth it. Easy peasy

#7670 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Except this isnt accurate. I have a tool that actually sees the opto on my screen and mine qere aligned perfectly. The loop was getting so fast on repeating shots that the ball was flying through the opti so quickly it wasnt registering. The tape method is not ridiculous as many have done this and it not only works but makes sense. There is a reason people sell opto blinder mods for this title. A little piece of tape wont hurt your game or ever be seen (or thought of) again.
Also, IF it was just helping with alignment, a piece of tape is so much easier to do than an adjustment lol

I do have the "blinder" mod and It worked great for awhile then it stopped registering
I have the Tape method in place currently and its working 50%-80% of the time
Would the tape and blinder together be effective?
Any other type of alignment adjustments to be made?

#7671 3 years ago
Quoted from fuzz:

I do have the "blinder" mod and It worked great for awhile then it stopped registering
I have the Tape method in place currently and its working 50%-80% of the time
Would the tape and blinder together be effective?
Any other type of alignment adjustments to be made?

Or you could try the method I suggested, the one that ops have been using for decades.

#7672 3 years ago

My Maiden Pro just started having a problem where the auto plunge is hitting the small flipper. I have moved the Guide rail by loosening the screw and adjusting it but still hitting the flipper. I played with the pitch and auto plunger strength but still hitting the small flipper. I am about to bend the guide rail with some pliers and see what happens. Frustrating!

#7673 3 years ago

You may have a burr at the end of the guide.

#7674 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

My Maiden Pro just started having a problem where the auto plunge is hitting the small flipper. I have moved the Guide rail by loosening the screw and adjusting it but still hitting the flipper. I played with the pitch and auto plunger strength but still hitting the small flipper. I am about to bend the guide rail with some pliers and see what happens. Frustrating!

Which flipper. The mini one on the top left or the right upper one exiting the guide?

#7675 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Check for a burr/indent at the end of the ball guide exit above the left outlane from the ball in play smashing it. If there, file it down.

If not there, how long has it been since you cleaned and waxed your playfield? Might be time to do it again.

#7676 3 years ago

You may have a burr at the end of the guide.<

I think that’s what started this problem. I filed down the bur the other day and around that time it began. That would be funny if that small bur is what put the ball in the correct path. I just bent the guide and it’s been good so far. I will play for a couple of days and see if that fixed it.

#7677 3 years ago

I cleaned and waxed the playfield maybe a month or so ago with less then 100 plays. I also just put a Titan silicone set on but that shouldn’t effect anything. I bent the guide a little and that did the trick for now.

#7678 3 years ago

In case everyone missed it, Elwin announced that the code update is 100% coming before the end of the year. This will be it unless major bugs arise. DJ Mixer will also be implemented.

Patience is a virtue. Enjoy.

#7679 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

In case everyone missed it, Elwin announced that the code update is 100% coming before the end of the year. This will be it unless major bugs arise. DJ Mixer will also be implemented.

I did - where was this announced?

Happy days.

#7680 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Happy days.

On the Loser Kid Pinball Podcast. He's also changed his cover photo on fb to SIT Eddie wearing a Santa outfit, which is what prompted the topic. It's right at the beginning of the interview if you pull up the podcast.

He mentioned that there wouldn't be any new songs added, and that the update is big, but not an overhaul.

#7681 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Happy days.

First hint was on his FB page, official announcement on Loser podcast.

#7682 3 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

On the Loser Kid Pinball Podcast. He's also changed his cover photo on fb to SIT Eddie wearing a Santa outfit, which is what prompted the topic. It's right at the beginning of the interview if you pull up the podcast.
He mentioned that there wouldn't be any new songs added, and that the update is big, but not an overhaul.

Quoted from djreddog:

First hint was on his FB page, official announcement on Loser podcast.

thanks both.

#7683 3 years ago

Awsome thanks for the info !

Quoted from djreddog:

#7684 3 years ago

Code update would be awesome. Can’t wait for this thread to blow up!!

#7685 3 years ago

https://soundcloud.com/loserkidpinballpodcast

Great news!

Had to go and listen

You get to play as the beast? Reverse soul shards?!

Can't wait.

Avengers becoming a must have game as well.

#7686 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

https://soundcloud.com/loserkidpinballpodcast
Great news!
Had to go and listen
You get to play as the beast? Reverse soul shards?!
Can't wait.
Avengers becoming a must have game as well.

I thought he was joking around during the "play as the beast/reverse soul shards" thing...particularly as they started talking about playing in reverse as Thanos in Avengers later in the podcast and KME saying that wouldn't be possible. But who knows?

#7687 3 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

I thought he was joking around during the "play as the beast/reverse soul shards" thing...particularly as they started talking about playing in reverse as Thanos in Avengers later in the podcast and KME saying that wouldn't be possible. But who knows?

I guess we will see!

'A pretty big update' is fantastic on it's own

#7688 3 years ago

He was joking.

#7689 3 years ago

Hey fellows,

I've been trying to work through this issue with Stern, but they have been taking FOREVER (originally contacted them probably 2 months ago) to respond to me, so I figured I'd post here and see if anyone has had a similar issue. My Iron Maiden Pro will occasionally go into an error mode which says "check power distribution board". I have gone over the board and fixed what looked like possibly maybe cold solder joints, and checked that all the pins on the plugs were seated properly. Stern did respond once and suggested that I reinstall the software, which I did, and it worked for about 2 weeks and went into the same error mode. It's no big deal really, as a reboot will fix this, but it's a route game, and I'm trying to avoid future service calls.

Another interesting thing I noticed is that while it's in this error mode, the attract light show continues in extreme slow motion.

#7690 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

DJ Mixer will also be implemented

So what does that mean anyway?

#7691 3 years ago
Quoted from Scrimmbo:

Hey fellows,
I've been trying to work through this issue with Stern, but they have been taking FOREVER (originally contacted them probably 2 months ago) to respond to me, so I figured I'd post here and see if anyone has had a similar issue. My Iron Maiden Pro will occasionally go into an error mode which says "check power distribution board". I have gone over the board and fixed what looked like possibly maybe cold solder joints, and checked that all the pins on the plugs were seated properly. Stern did respond once and suggested that I reinstall the software, which I did, and it worked for about 2 weeks and went into the same error mode. It's no big deal really, as a reboot will fix this, but it's a route game, and I'm trying to avoid future service calls.
Another interesting thing I noticed is that while it's in this error mode, the attract light show continues in extreme slow motion.

Did you reinstall the software on the same SD card? If so, if the card is your problem, doing that isn't going to help. You need to make a new image on a brand new SD card.

This one is good (do NOT buy one from Amazon or Ebay - too many counterfeits):
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk-ultra-plus-16gb-sdhc-uhs-i-memory-card/3142535.p?skuId=3142535

How to make a new imaged SD card info here:
https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/

Then try that with your new SD card.

If THAT doesn't work, check out the output from your power supply to make sure it's putting out 48v, not less. There's a pot where you can turn the output up, but don't have it more than 48.3 or so, max. Use a multimeter with alligator clips to read the output as you adjust it.

#7692 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Seems pretty self explanatory. Make a playlist to listen to Maiden without playing pinball i assume.

#7693 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

You can play the music which is in the game when in attract mode.

#7694 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you reinstall the software on the same SD card? If so, if the card is your problem, doing that isn't going to help. You need to make a new image on a brand new SD card.
This one is good (do NOT buy one from Amazon or Ebay - too many counterfeits):
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk-ultra-plus-16gb-sdhc-uhs-i-memory-card/3142535.p?skuId=3142535
How to make a new imaged SD card info here:
https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/
Then try that with your new SD card.
If THAT doesn't work, check out the output from your power supply to make sure it's putting out 48v, not less. There's a pot where you can turn the output up, but don't have it more than 48.3 or so, max. Use a multimeter with alligator clips to read the output as you adjust it.

Hey thanks for the info, I hadn't thought about the SD card, it's been such a long time and I've kind of moved on to other projects, I forgot that I had in fact checked and adjusted the 48v. I will check it again though just to be safe.

#7695 3 years ago

Anyone here with the interactive coffin ball lock mod from Lermods have any good pics they could post? Top of mine (mummy) fell off and I'm not exactly sure what angle he's suppose to be at when I reattach it. Thanks....

#7696 3 years ago

Can you revert back to old code after installing newer code? I assume the new code will be great, but I think IM is a nearly perfect game as it is and I would hate to update only to find that I liked it better with 1.06.

#7697 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhorn1:

Can you revert back to old code after installing newer code? I assume the new code will be great, but I think IM is a nearly perfect game as it is and I would hate to update only to find that I liked it better with 1.06.

I think you can always stick a new sd card in it now and do a full re-install if you download version 1.06 and keep that sd card aside and switch it out if 1.07 is not to your liking.

#7698 3 years ago

Had the machine a little over 2 months now and got my first billion! Needed to a few more ramps to get my first two minutes to midnight. Ugh... someday.

4CF3CB66-A0ED-499A-A505-A2B6EB67CCB9 (resized).jpeg4CF3CB66-A0ED-499A-A505-A2B6EB67CCB9 (resized).jpeg
#7699 3 years ago

With the new code coming I’m stoked ,but did anyone else hear they are discontinuing IMDN ? It would make sense that they would want to enshrine Keith’s first being what he has become in designing don’t you think ? Anyway whatever happens this pin is special ! I just got in this hobby recently and have room (lmfao ) for 5 and will soon be full .I’ve been lucky to have access to 100 or so pins at a pincade we go to in the summer at our camper .Of all I’ve played this pin is the one I’ve learned the most from .It’s a shooters school for pinball and will absolutely make anyone a better player overall if they put the time in .Thanks Keith !!

#7700 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

With the new code coming I’m stoked ,but did anyone else hear they are discontinuing IMDN ? It would make sense that they would want to enshrine Keith’s first being what he has become in designing don’t you think ? Anyway whatever happens this pin is special ! I just got in this hobby recently and have room (lmfao ) for 5 and will soon be full .I’ve been lucky to have access to 100 or so pins at a pincade we go to in the summer at our camper .Of all I’ve played this pin is the one I’ve learned the most from .It’s a shooters school for pinball and will absolutely make anyone a better player overall if they put the time in .Thanks Keith !!

Yes, I am pretty sure they have stopped making it. Mine was made August 2020 and was near the end of the run. Rock n Roll!

2E256460-4623-4E93-9B69-9F0B144BE88D (resized).jpeg2E256460-4623-4E93-9B69-9F0B144BE88D (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 24.50
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,839 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/154?hl=truthdivides and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.