(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,800 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by Edster
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8444 (resized).jpeg
IMNewtonBallLeaf01 (resized).jpg
IMG_5677 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5676 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_8416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8418 (resized).jpeg
20240413_163843 (resized).jpg
20240413_143449 (resized).jpg
20240412_190431 (resized).jpg
20240412_190452 (resized).jpg
Polish_20240413_140952356 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,800 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 316.
#7601 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Looks great !! Are those custom or purchased mod ?

Not custom. Perfect add-on.

Quoted from Kkoss24:

Really like how that color scheme looks .Do the colors rotate Or are they stationary ?Pardon for all the questions I like it a lot !

Colors rotate, can change the scheme etc. Full remote to do whatever you desire. Still haven't fully figured it out as to what all it can do. Just adds to the whole background. For 90.00 or so bucks, hard to beat

#7602 3 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Not custom. Perfect add-on.

Colors rotate, can change the scheme etc. Full remote to do whatever you desire. Still haven't fully figured it out as to what all it can do. Just adds to the whole background. For 90.00 or so bucks, hard to beat

I have lights like that on my MET, but I might need to look into that for the IMDN... your pic looks cool!

#7603 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Mezelmods, brand new, speaker acrylics, $20 shipped.
[quoted image]

Bump - still have the brand new set of speaker inserts.

#7604 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I have lights like that on my MET, but I might need to look into that for the IMDN... your pic looks cool!

Thanks Chris. I would definitely pick some up for your IMDN. Hell, I'll come over and install them since I owe you a favor

#7605 3 years ago

How about some mummy speaker acrylics? Not a big fan of the 2 styles available.

#7606 3 years ago

This is prob true on most pons not playing a bunch of games today on IM I noticed the top half of pf is hard to see. Looks like it’s glare from back box. I put a bent plastic from my Williams pins. Anyone else solve glare issue ?

#7607 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

This is prob true on most pons not playing a bunch of games today on IM I noticed the top half of pf is hard to see. Looks like it’s glare from back box. I put a bent plastic from my Williams pins. Anyone else solve glare issue ?

You can turn down the backbox brightness in the menu. I have mine set to 15 or 20 during gameplay.

#7608 3 years ago

I did the flaming speaker light mod on my IMLE today. I think I’ll keep it.

#7609 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

I did the flaming speaker light mod on my IMLE today. I think I’ll keep it.

That looks great. I assume it was from this guide? ->

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bksor-flaming-speaker-mod-diy

Did you have any trouble with the mod?

#7610 3 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

You can turn down the backbox brightness in the menu. I have mine set to 15 or 20 during gameplay.

Wow. Thx!

#7611 3 years ago

New Titans and new balls. Think I'm finally done modding this machine. Well, besides playing around with a topper. I'll be reaching out shortly to anyone that inquired about the Pharaoh piece, not going to print very many of them as they are a pain.

PXL_20201122_003133442.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20201122_003133442.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20201122_003150710.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20201122_003150710.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20201122_003155423 (resized).jpgPXL_20201122_003155423 (resized).jpg
#7612 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

That looks great. I assume it was from this guide? ->
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bksor-flaming-speaker-mod-diy
Did you have any trouble with the mod?

Thank you! That was the guide. A few things were still unclear that I had to figure out.

#7613 3 years ago
Quoted from Rik_:

New Titans and new balls. Think I'm finally done modding this machine. Well, besides playing around with a topper. I'll be reaching out shortly to anyone that inquired about the Pharaoh piece, not going to print very many of them as they are a pain.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great !

#7614 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Let’s see, installed yet? I ordered the same speakers...
I’m getting Yellow ring. I have the Premium.

Here ya go mate, tried to upload a video but doesn't recognize the file.

20201123_173509 (resized).jpg20201123_173509 (resized).jpg
#7615 3 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

I did, but didn’t like it and removed it. I had my shooter lane dialed in as far as auto launch making it around the loop. After I installed the protector auto launch was hitting the post sleeve again about 50%.

Is this the one you bought? It kind of seem slice this was meant for a game that a shooter lane feeds a split fork type ramp.
Anyone else have a shooter lane protector from Mezel/PU-Parts on their game?

I'm also a little thrown off by the the two plastic pins with the adhesive edge. I assume this is to secure it like the flake of tape on other models?

20201123_094029 (resized).jpg20201123_094029 (resized).jpg
#7616 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Let’s see, installed yet? I ordered the same speakers...
I’m getting Yellow ring. I have the Premium.

With blue

I like the blue, yellow, purple and red swirl effect

20201123_172521 (resized).jpg20201123_172521 (resized).jpg
#7617 3 years ago

My IM came with damaged undercab lighting. I need the 4 foot section and somehow need to elbow it to the back section of the undercab. I contacted Rock Lighting but looks like he is not responding.

Anyone know what 4 foot section I need and how I can connect?
E3A40CFF-97CD-442E-B311-56F068D000AE (resized).jpegE3A40CFF-97CD-442E-B311-56F068D000AE (resized).jpegF3C30A6A-E593-492C-8EBA-B3AE8144142E (resized).jpegF3C30A6A-E593-492C-8EBA-B3AE8144142E (resized).jpeg

#7618 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

My IM came with damaged undercab lighting. I need the 4 foot section and somehow need to elbow it to the back section of the undercab. I contacted Rock Lighting but looks like he is not responding.
Anyone know what 4 foot section I need and how I can connect?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like a common 12v led strip like this:
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-high-density-r-c-led-flexible-strip-green-1mtr.html?queryID=e2d1f56f929f568dbc9198405417b901&objectID=23124&indexName=hbk_live_magento_en_us_products

#7620 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Thx. Its not just green it changes colors so I need to find one with RGB colors.

Just take it off and enjoy one of the best games ever.

#7621 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Just take it off and enjoy one of the best games ever.

Yeah, rip that shit off and send it to the landfill.

#7622 3 years ago

Finally joined the club yesterday, after checking in on this thread daily for the last 2.5 years - absolute blast of a game!

IMG_0775 (resized).jpegIMG_0775 (resized).jpegIMG_0830 (resized).jpegIMG_0830 (resized).jpeg

#7623 3 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

Finally joined the club yesterday, after checking in on this thread daily for the last 2.5 years - absolute blast of a game!

Congrats! I just did the same at the start of November, also with an IMDN Premium. Yeah, I waited to see GnR but I bought an IMDN Premium instead. I love the game, what can I say?

#7624 3 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats clear your schedual

#7625 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Thx. Its not just green it changes colors so I need to find one with RGB colors.

Available from the same place but like many other I wouldn't bother.

#7626 3 years ago

1D734C78-AE9B-45D2-8994-7C4C978BEA06 (resized).jpeg1D734C78-AE9B-45D2-8994-7C4C978BEA06 (resized).jpeg
#7627 3 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving to my Iron Maiden Family! Up the Irons!!

7E8F36D3-59F5-4F10-B90B-A78600A61C0E (resized).jpeg7E8F36D3-59F5-4F10-B90B-A78600A61C0E (resized).jpeg
#7628 3 years ago

Happy thanksgiving

#7629 3 years ago

Tried ordering IMDN from my distro and was told that it's been discontinued

I knew I should've got it instead of DP earlier this year, but hindsight is 20/20. Went with TMNT instead.

I will join this club at some point, once people start tiring of it and sell it 2nd hand!

#7630 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

I don't recall Stern ever issuing a "final call" for it, did they? Maybe it'll end up back on the line in the future.

#7631 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

I knew I should've got it instead of DP earlier this year, but hindsight is 20/20. Went with TMNT instead.
I will join this club at some point, once people start tiring of it and sell it 2nd hand!

Told this by whom? As far as anyone i know is saying they are still planning to run Maiden in 2021. There is just a huge backorder list of Stern titles right now. Cant get a JP or EHOH nib right now to save a life.

#7632 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Told this by whom? As far as anyone i know is saying they are still planning to run Maiden in 2021. There is just a huge backorder list of Stern titles right now. Cant get a JP or EHOH nib right now to save a life.

Maybe it was an assumption on his part then. I guess Stern sent out what they plan to produce for the next 6-8 months and IMDN was nowhere on the list.

#7633 3 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving guys! I have an issue that's never came up for me before. At the start of the game, I am able to change songs with the flipper buttons, but that's the only time during the game. At the beginning of every other ball, when I try to change the song with the flipper button, it just raises the score every time I hit the flippers. Any ideas? Thanks

#7634 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I don't recall Stern ever issuing a "final call" for it, did they? Maybe it'll end up back on the line in the future.

Yep - the Stern distributer here in Australia basically said it was end of the licence and they won't be manufacturing any more (at least not for the foreseeable future). So I literally nabbed the last premium order available - it arrived with the distro on Monday, so it gets here next week! Woo hoo!

#7635 3 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Happy Thanksgiving guys! I have an issue that's never came up for me before. At the start of the game, I am able to change songs with the flipper buttons, but that's the only time during the game. At the beginning of every other ball, when I try to change the song with the flipper button, it just raises the score every time I hit the flippers. Any ideas? Thanks

If it’s a premium ,Your leaf switch on orb shot needs adjusting .Keeps making contact that’s why the score bumps up .

#7636 3 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Not being able to change the song between balls - that's the feature I want Keith to bring back!!! It used to be an option.

#7637 3 years ago

It still is an option. You have a switch issue.

#7638 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

It still is an option. You have a switch issue.

If you're responding to me, Id like to know how to turn that option on, because it looked like they removed it in the latest code.

#7639 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

If you're responding to me, Id like to know how to turn that option on, because it looked like they removed it in the latest code.

While they did remove that option, they made it more of a hybrid all in one. Don’t do anything and the song keeps playing just as if you had the option previously. Or, you can change songs.

#7640 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

While they did remove that option, they made it more of a hybrid all in one. Don’t do anything and the song keeps playing just as if you had the option previously. Or, you can change songs.

That's not hybrid because you can accidentally hit the flippers and change the song. Seems stupid to actually remove the option of keeping it the same.

#7641 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Not being able to change the song between balls - that's the feature I want Keith to bring back!!! It used to be an option.

Yeah, lamest code change for the game. Accidentally changing songs sucks big time. It would be nice if you could turn it off in the service menu.

#7642 3 years ago

Im having problems with my left outer orbit registering. I bought the Pinball Life opto fix and they have been working for awhile. The Problem seems to be the 2nd opto not registering the shot as I get the sound effect when it passes through the first one. Whenever I hand feed the loop it registers every time, Whenever I flip it or plunge it mechanically it does not register at all. I have cleaned the optos and reseated the plastic angle. Still nothing.
Any Ideas as to why this is happening?

#7643 3 years ago
Quoted from fuzz:

Im having problems with my left outer orbit registering. I bought the Pinball Life opto fix and they have been working for awhile. The Problem seems to be the 2nd opto not registering the shot as I get the sound effect when it passes through the first one. Whenever I hand feed the loop it registers every time, Whenever I flip it or plunge it mechanically it does not register at all. I have cleaned the optos and reseated the plastic angle. Still nothing.
Any Ideas as to why this is happening?

Did you try reseating the connectors to the opto board itself?

#7644 3 years ago

I have
it reads the right orbit every time
its just the left outer does not register unless i manually feed the ball

#7645 3 years ago

its so bizarre
just played a game where 0% of the left orbit shots registered
every other orbit did
took the glass off and manually fed the left outer orbit 100% of the shots registered.
kept the glass off played a game 0% shots registered whether by auto plunge or flipper
manually all shots registered. some I did fast, some slow
it makes no sense

#7646 3 years ago

When I put it in switch test the 2 optos and roll over switches all register every single time
whether manually, flipped, or autoplunge

#7647 3 years ago
Quoted from fuzz:

its so bizarre
just played a game where 0% of the left orbit shots registered
every other orbit did
took the glass off and manually fed the left outer orbit 100% of the shots registered.
kept the glass off played a game 0% shots registered whether by auto plunge or flipper
manually all shots registered. some I did fast, some slow
it makes no sense

I'd slo-mo record with your phone if you can get a shot of the opto area, then keep firing the ball from the flipper into that orbit while recording and see if the slow mo shows you what's happening. It's a great diagnostic tool.

#7648 3 years ago

Ive done slo mo with the manual feed and the flipper feed
both look the same and ball is where it should be in its travel
same results
in switch test all three register whether its manual or flipper/plunge fed

#7649 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

If it’s a premium ,Your leaf switch on orb shot needs adjusting .Keeps making contact that’s why the score bumps up .

Thank you @Kkoss24. I'll check that out.

#7650 3 years ago
Quoted from fuzz:

Ive done slo mo with the manual feed and the flipper feed
both look the same and ball is where it should be in its travel
same results
in switch test all three register whether its manual or flipper/plunge fed

Try covering the bottom half of the face of the opto circle around the actual sender/receiver with electrical tape. Not more, try not to do less, but half. Basically cut a piece of electrical tape lengthwise and wrap it around the opto. Do the outside one first. Make sure the pair still works in switch test mode then see if that does it for the fast balls. If not, try doing the inside one of the opto pair, too.
TMNT_OPTO_800x (resized).jpgTMNT_OPTO_800x (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.50
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,800 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 316.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/153 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.