(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,816 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 58 minutes ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240416_160659390.MP (resized).jpg
25d6415bd4f5ee62b5604e3e73d30ef0bdc2c8d0 (resized).jpg
72038EF4-8215-4C19-B733-688FFB33D320 (resized).jpeg
8820CDAA-4B0B-4D67-844D-8D3197E44344 (resized).jpeg
B267A7B9-3222-426E-B14A-09BCED66716E (resized).jpeg
EEEBA8AA-85EA-4EBE-9123-16F1A419FDC4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6704 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8444 (resized).jpeg
IMNewtonBallLeaf01 (resized).jpg
IMG_5677 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5676 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,816 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 317.
#7501 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

1 ball.
It's just like you described. Mummy multiball to release it. But after its locked then they roll off the top until you release it.

Seems like when there’s a ball locked the door in the back should stay closed and the ball should ride the rail back to the flipper

#7502 3 years ago

For all those wanting to know how to increase your score. Know the rules. I just set my high score on Fear of the Dark. Hit the inner loop for the highest points/spin (500k/spin). Hit the right ramp to double the points/spin (1m/spin). Activate 3x playfield (3m/spin). Hit the revive spinner for double points/spin (6m/spin). I did that series twice and managed to hit the soul shard while 3x was still running.

The score could have been even bigger if I had the 4th tomb treasure active for 5x combos and deathblows (revive spinner is a 3x deathblow), which would have been a 45x deathblow with the 3x playfield active.

1E5AF96D-E576-48FB-9102-41BD6CBA5820 (resized).jpeg1E5AF96D-E576-48FB-9102-41BD6CBA5820 (resized).jpegDB56F4E8-0B20-45D3-BCF9-947FDBA960A0 (resized).jpegDB56F4E8-0B20-45D3-BCF9-947FDBA960A0 (resized).jpeg
#7503 3 years ago
Quoted from truthdivides:

For all those wanting to know how to increase your score. Know the rules. I just set my high score on Fear of the Dark. Hit the inner loop for the highest points/spin (500k/spin). Hit the right ramp to double the points/spin (1m/spin). Activate 3x playfield (3m/spin). Hit the revive spinner for double points/spin (6m/spin). I did that series twice and managed to hit the soul shard while 3x was still running.
The score could have been even bigger if I had the 4th tomb treasure active for 5x combos and deathblows (revive spinner is a 3x deathblow), which would have been a 45x deathblow with the 3x playfield active.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s why I throw out maiden In those “best spinner rip” games threads... imo it’s the best!
I generally double up then hit a 2x on the right ball drop before I rip 40 spins! It’s amazing!

#7504 3 years ago
Quoted from truthdivides:

[quoted image][quoted image]

What did you do for the rest of the game? Smack posts and drain?

#7505 3 years ago

What color shooter Spring y’all got. Mine is super strong. I can’t dial in 20 Million Super Secret left inlane shot....mine is Red.

#7506 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

What color shooter Spring y’all got. Mine is super strong. I can’t dial in 20 Million Super Secret left inlane shot....mine is Red.

I believe mine is stock orange. It's all about that 2 or 3x skillshot anyway

#7507 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunder90:

I believe mine is stock orange. It's all about that 2 or 3x skillshot anyway

....whut...?

#7508 3 years ago

Upper left flipper skill shot. Hold Left flipper + plunge to get the ball to come to the upper left flipper and WHAP into the super JP lane. If your plunge is too hard and whips all the way around, you can let it come down to the bottom Right flipper and hit the orb for another cool secret skill shot perk.

#7509 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Upper left flipper skill shot. Hold Left flipper + plunge to get the ball to come to the upper left flipper and WHAP into the super JP lane. If your plunge is too hard and whips all the way around, you can let it come down to the bottom Right flipper and hit the orb for another cool secret skill shot perk.

Woah, the orb is another secret skill shot??? I've had the game for over 2 years and never knew that!

#7510 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yep. Orb does 10 million and gives 2x to power jackpot with I think 1million to power jackpot and increases ballsave. I don't go for any skill shot but the super jackpot one personally. Orb is a fun backup

#7511 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunder90:

Yep. Orb does 10 million and gives 2x to power jackpot with I think 1million to power jackpot and increases ballsave. I don't go for any skill shot but the super jackpot one personally. Orb is a fun backup

Ok, this makes more sense.
By 2x I thought he meant playfield multiplier which would have been huge.
I will continue to try and plunge the outlane.

#7512 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

By 2x I thought he meant playfield multiplier which would have been huge.

-Hold left flipper
-Plunge to upper left flipper
-Hit mini loop
-Hit super skillshot (sjp) for instant 2x playfield multiplier.
(It was hinted to me that two mini loops then the super skill will award a 3x multiplier but im not that good)

#7513 3 years ago

I’m going to try to go for that skill shot later. I typically go for the left outlane for the 20 mil in most cases

#7514 3 years ago

Recently got this pin. Great game! The back left plastic is cracked. Does anyone know where I can get a plastic without buying the full kit? I'm going to post and add on Pinside as well.

#7515 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

-Hold left flipper
-Hit mini loop
(It was hinted to me that two mini loops then the super skill will award a 3x multiplier but im not that good)

It's just one mini loop and then the super to light 3x.

#7516 3 years ago
Quoted from remf:

I’m going to try to go for that skill shot later. I typically go for the left outlane for the 20 mil in most cases

It is the most lucrative and the safest imo. It's a huge step forward to start off with even 2x multiplier lit with the difficult x out of the way

#7517 3 years ago
Quoted from remf:

What color spring do you got? Thanks.

#7518 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

-Hold left flipper
-Hit mini loop

Well ok then. That is beefy. Game on.

Plunging the outlane is still super fun.

#7519 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Well ok then. That is beefy. Game on.
Plunging the outlane is still super fun.

I still go for the basic shot later in the game because inwant those Eddie letters. I care more about mode progression than points usually

#7520 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I still go for the basic shot later in the game because inwant those Eddie letters. I care more about mode progression than points usually

I can't remember the last time I haven't tried for a super, does the regular skill shot spot an Eddie letter? I tend to be more of a complete the game player rather than point press and I could certainly see the value later in the game.

Edit: Played a quick game last night. It does award a letter, I totally forgot. I might have to change my strategy, at least when the letters are only available by the ramps.

#7521 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

What color spring do you got? Thanks.

Red

#7522 3 years ago

Finally got my speaker light kit for my Pro, bloody Covid. Took 9 weeks to get down under, mind you they sat in Hong Kong for 7 of those weeks. Thanks Doug, can't wait to see how they look, woohoo

20201024_152954 (resized).jpg20201024_152954 (resized).jpg

#7523 3 years ago

I havent had a chance to get the glass off yet (i have to move several pins) but has anyone else had this problem.
When my mini flipper post drops it doesnt hug the left rail to the flipper like it used to. The post now bumps it so it hops from the center of the lane to the middle of the mini flipper. A minor annoyance, i know.

#7524 3 years ago

I know this game doesn't have the flash of/and looks barren compared to JJP's GnR
BUT - dam this is a fun game!!!!!
Probably one of the best playing games currently around.
Was going to trade mine for a GNR but I can't stop playing it

#7525 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I know this game doesn't have the flash of/and looks barren compared to JJP's GnR

Yep, the GnR announcement was "wow" and I'd like to own it one day, but then I got back to playing my Iron Maiden Pro. Still loving it!

#7526 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I hear ya. I'm crazy critical of Stern in general, although they are getting somewhat better, but this is the game I play the most and enjoy the most. It's also improved my game drastically as you have to develop technique to do well. Sooooo fun! From what I've seen of gnr, it's a no brainer: IMDN kills it.

#7527 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I hear ya. I'm crazy critical of Stern in general, although they are getting somewhat better, but this is the game I play the most and enjoy the most. It's also improved my game drastically as you have to develop technique to do well. Sooooo fun! From what I've seen of gnr, it's a no brainer: IMDN kills it.

Too early to tell honestly. I love maiden, one of the best pins I’ve had, and have owned it twice lol. Have had this 2nd one for 2 years as of this month! That said, I think GNR and IMDN are so different from each other, you can’t really compare them. They are both in different leagues of their own.

#7528 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Too early to tell honestly. I love maiden, one of the best pins I’ve had, and have owned it twice lol. Have had this 2nd one for 2 years as of this month! That said, I think GNR and IMDN are so different from each other, you can’t really compare them. They are both in different leagues of their own.

Agreed. I just prefer the pf design and snappy play of IMDN. I can tell gnr is not for me. So far, DI is the only jjp I'd own, maybe Hobbit if it was cheap.

#7529 3 years ago

Ummm...wasn't there some chatter about a year ago now regarding a code update?

#7530 3 years ago

I’m glad Danger talked me out of selling my IMDN for GnR after the trailer came out .That being said I ordered one anyway, I’ll make it work .I havnt played it but I’d bet My bottom dollar IMDN Is the superior shooter pin .That pin stays here permenatly as the more you play it the better player you will be .I hear cries toys,toys,toys and that’s fine when you just want to get engulfed in a game or just for a different kind of play but I’m starting to see what people mean by a “players pin”.Theres no better players pins than the ones coming from pinballs greatest player !

#7531 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Ummm...wasn't there some chatter about a year ago now regarding a code update?

It's coming but no idea when!

#7532 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

It's coming but no idea when!

Hope this year

#7533 3 years ago

I'm pretty sure there will be no code updates aside from adding Wifi. Pretty sure the core code for the game is done.

#7534 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'm pretty sure there will be no code updates aside from adding Wifi. Pretty sure the core code for the game is done.

How would they add wifi? I don't recall seeing any wireless hardware in the backbox...

#7535 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

How would they add wifi? I don't recall seeing any wireless hardware in the backbox...

USB dongle? Add-on board? There are ways...

I'm assuming that new CPU board Gomez is talking about that's coming with a better CPU will also have wifi integrated.

#7536 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I doubt we'll see Wifi added since the hardware doesn't support it, but I'd guess we see an update with some bug fixes. The recently described bug that allows the timers to be stopped and huge scores to be built up in Flight of Icarus probably makes this game unsuitable for tournaments until the code is fixed.

#7537 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Keith has said in multiple podcasts that there will be some new things added.

Code is not done.

But, with Stern it really is impossible to guess when an update is coming.

#7538 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I doubt we'll see Wifi added since the hardware doesn't support it, but I'd guess we see an update with some bug fixes. The recently described bug that allows the timers to be stopped and huge scores to be built up in Flight of Icarus probably makes this game unsuitable for tournaments until the code is fixed.

I havent hears about this bug. Where is it discussed? Thx!

#7539 3 years ago

Code is still coming people. Whether it comes tomorrow or 10 months from now it doesn’t matter since the game is rock solid now. And the update will be way more than bug fixes. Patience is a virtue.

Besides, Keith Elwin pisses excellence, and you can’t rush excellence.

#7540 3 years ago

Yeah, but you can certainly miss the bowl when you are so busy doing the next game--which is what I think has happened with our update.

#7541 3 years ago

I wanna see them make a better Portal wiz mode in Tron first, then Maiden after that

#7542 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

The recently described bug that allows the timers to be stopped and huge scores to be built up in Flight of Icarus probably makes this game unsuitable for tournaments until the code is fixed.

Disagree.
The laundry list of games where if you don't do 'The Thing', you lose is long. Additionally, from trying to exploit this myself, I haven't been able to do anything too remarkable with it. Definitely points to be had. I think if you can't easily ski jump to safe cradle, the exploit isn't all that affective. So then, just a setup issue, which again, many tourney games require. I do think it should and will be fixed though.

#7543 3 years ago

Only asking this because I’ve been working a lot and want a quick fix tonight when I get home .On launch the bell more times than not is hitting the upper left flipper and not gaining the loop .Ill start by leveling first but past that how would I adjust guide rail ? Also I use actual levels for the machine I hear about a app for this wgat app is it and does it work well ? Thanks for any help .

#7544 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Only asking this because I’ve been working a lot and want a quick fix tonight when I get home .On launch the bell more times than not is hitting the upper left flipper and not gaining the loop .Ill start by leveling first but past that how would I adjust guide rail ? Also I use actual levels for the machine I hear about a app for this wgat app is it and does it work well ? Thanks for any help .

Happened to me as well. Once everything is leveled, adjust the guide at the end of the shooter lane. Solved the problem for me.

#7545 3 years ago
Quoted from remf:

Happened to me as well. Once everything is leveled, adjust the guide at the end of the shooter lane. Solved the problem for me.

Cool thanks remf

#7546 3 years ago
Quoted from remf:

Which way did you tweek it?

#7547 3 years ago

The tweak that worked for me was just leaving the last screw that holds the end of the guide rail loose or even off.

#7548 3 years ago

I just leveled it using PinGuy app first time works perfect now

#7549 3 years ago

Cheers!

I have edited and uploaded the pingolf challenge i had recently to my youtube channel. Divided into three parts, one for each game, here is the second with Iron Maiden (hole 7 - 12) if anyone want to see

#7550 3 years ago

You know, I was kind of thinking how awesome it would be to have Doctor Doctor eventually play in attract more.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,816 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/151?hl=ozpinsmith and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.