(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,646 posts
  • 1,042 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by vikingerik
  • Topic is favorited by 497 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2458 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2456 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2459 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6659 (resized).png
IMG_6658 (resized).png
IMG_6660 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6664 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6662 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6663 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5503 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240325_202244_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240325_202205_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
IMG_8122 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8120 (resized).png
IMG_8121 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,646 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 313.
#7451 3 years ago

Another Pro owner with no issues from the right. Pitch is very close to 7.

#7452 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Mine came from the factory poorly adjusted and it was a difficult shot. There was not enough of a gap between the flipper and the bushing. After adjustment I can make it consistently but not 100%. Huge difference. I'm probably at around 6.8 incline.

Right, I should take a look at that-thanks for the reminder. Had the game for maybe a year now, but playing it recently I noticed that from a cradle, it'll just barely hit the back target. Wasn't sure if it was just supposed to be that tricky (coil strength on both flippers is set to hard, which is factory).

#7453 3 years ago

can someone with a premium or LE confirm if their game came with the pharoah eyes lit up behind the plastic on the back right of the backboard. My pro did not have them and we made a mod for it. A customer has a premium and says it came with this mod, but he wasn't clear if his game was bought NIB or second hand. thanks

#7454 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Build your 2x and 3x multipliers whenever you can so your modes and multiballs are more profitable. Practice making the super jackpot shot so you can make it more reliably when needed. You can glance off the post in front of the lane it's in and make the shot. I use that most often. It's kind of like a Deadpool Snikt shot in that you want to be just off from the right of the ramp to glance the ball into the lane.
I always try to stack Mummy multiball. Also, are you getting the eddie cards consistently or just occasionally? The mummy one is super easy to get, just spam the spinner. When in Mummy, immediately try to complete both ramps so you can get another ball added.
Also, it's harder to do on the Premium/LE because the ball is easier to hit off-angle accidentally than the target is, but try not to hit it until you build up the power jackpot enough. If you keep hitting the ball, you never let the power jackpot build.

Great advice!

If there is one I thing that I dislike that seems like a swing and a whiff about the rules on this game it is that you have to have the ball roll over the in-lane to activate an earned multiplier. Reasons:
* Difficult to do in an intentional manner = unsatisfying. Usually just "happens" when you don't want it to, or doesn't when you do. Shooting a shot like the left spinner to activate would be way more fun.
* Makes the in-lanes dead/useless when the multiplier hasn't been earned. There's barely a sound effect there when the ball rolls over it. That still throws me a bit on this game even after all this time.

And as you noted, using multipliers optimally is key high scores in this game.

#7455 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

can someone with a premium or LE confirm if their game came with the pharoah eyes lit up behind the plastic on the back right of the backboard. My pro did not have them and we made a mod for it. A customer has a premium and says it came with this mod, but he wasn't clear if his game was bought NIB or second hand. thanks

There is a flasher bulb back there on the LE/Prem. I think I swapped mine out for the LEDs that came with the Pharaoh eye kit mod I installed.

#7456 3 years ago
Quoted from Rik_:

Pharaoh replacement mod update. Done printing a test model for fitment, what's everyone's thoughts? Want to figure out a way to channel the flasher to just Eddie's eyes.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow! Looks great! Where does it go?

#7457 3 years ago
Quoted from remf:

I have no issues shooting that shot with my right flipper and I only botch the left flipper from time to time due to me not lining up my shot properly. Set mine at 6.5

+1

#7458 3 years ago

Test installed. Next up is paint.

IMG_20201008_140931 (resized).jpgIMG_20201008_140931 (resized).jpgIMG_20201008_140935 (resized).jpgIMG_20201008_140935 (resized).jpgIMG_20201008_140939 (resized).jpgIMG_20201008_140939 (resized).jpgIMG_20201008_140947 (resized).jpgIMG_20201008_140947 (resized).jpg
#7459 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Great advice!
If there is one I thing that I dislike that seems like a swing and a whiff about the rules on this game it is that you have to have the ball roll over the in-lane to activate an earned multiplier. Reasons:
* Difficult to do in an intentional manner = unsatisfying. Usually just "happens" when you don't want it to, or doesn't when you do. Shooting a shot like the left spinner to activate would be way more fun.
* Makes the in-lanes dead/useless when the multiplier hasn't been earned. There's barely a sound effect there when the ball rolls over it. That still throws me a bit on this game even after all this time.
And as you noted, using multipliers optimally is key high scores in this game.

You can move the activate multiplier light out of the way if you don't want to activate it, or move it into a lane where the ball is going if you do. That's enough control for me.

#7460 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

Question for pro owners-how easy is it to hit the jump ramp from the right flipper? Not sure if it's just a pitch issue (game is at 7.0 or so), but it seems like shots just barely make it to the target from the right. Shots from the left are fine though.

I find I can hit it pretty regularly from the cradle. It's a bit of a quick flip, but nothing too hard.

#7461 3 years ago
Quoted from Rik_:

Test installed. Next up is paint.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I dont think it needs much paint. I like the sand look.
Now take my money!! I want that!!

#7462 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I dont think it needs much paint. I like the sand look.
Now take my money!! I want that!!

Let me get some game testing in first to make sure it's not going to break 10 games in...but let me tell you, it really adds a ton to that part of the machine, the depth and detail blow me away...I'm honestly like "did I do that?!"

#7463 3 years ago

Makes me wish I had a 3D printer....

#7464 3 years ago
Quoted from remf:

I bought mine for sub $200, creativity ender 3... definitely got my moneys worth.

#7465 3 years ago

Also, fuck soccer! This is a Maiden thread. No room for sissies faking injuries :p

#7466 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

Right, I should take a look at that-thanks for the reminder. Had the game for maybe a year now, but playing it recently I noticed that from a cradle, it'll just barely hit the back target. Wasn't sure if it was just supposed to be that tricky (coil strength on both flippers is set to hard, which is factory).

I had this issue from the factory. The flipper wasn't spaced properly from the mech/playfield. Once I spaced it out, I had no problem hitting the target. I'd bet that is your issue.

#7467 3 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

I had this issue from the factory. The flipper wasn't spaced properly from the mech/playfield. Once I spaced it out, I had no problem hitting the target. I'd bet that is your issue.

Thanks to everyone who suggested this. Checked it tonight, and it was really tight to the PF, so probably too much friction. Loosened it off and it's fine now-just enough extra to be able to make the jump ramp reliably.

#7468 3 years ago
Quoted from Rik_:

Let me get some game testing in first to make sure it's not going to break 10 games in...but let me tell you, it really adds a ton to that part of the machine, the depth and detail blow me away...I'm honestly like "did I do that?!"

It looks very cool and doesn't come across as out of place in the scheme of the machine!! I'd be nervous about adding it to my machine as i've had some weird air balls every now and then that have hit high on the target, above it and definitely either side also. I just get the feeling the chin piece will be vulnerable but absolute kudo's for giving it a crack and trying something different. I do reckon they would turn out awesome looking painted by a skilled hand too

#7469 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

"whoa, I never noticed how much bigger this coil is!"

As long as she is happy on how it works

#7470 3 years ago

So this might sound crazy but since I know an LE back glass is out of the question, does anyone make a translite of the LE back glass art? It really is my favorite of the three official ones...

#7471 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

October 8, 1983. Iron Maiden at MSG with Quiet Riot as openers. Anybody else at that show?
It was my first concert. Couldn't believe my parents were letting me go to NYC with my friends.
We got on the train in Hazlet. Very rowdy ride. It was probably the third or fourth stop after we got on the train where we just sat there for a while. Bunch of police showed up and made everyone get off. They were checking for drugs. Word was that the freaks in the first train car were trying to smash in the engineer or conductor door, trying to kick out windows or some shit. They were annoyed the train was making stops I think it was.
Saw a few kids get tossed into police cars, loaded us back in and we were on the way.
Things get a little foggy after the lights went out and Quiet Riot came on, but it was a great show by both them and Maiden. Definitely a very cool first concert.
BTW, it is super annoying seeing Up the Irons in the title of this thread. So many cool songs and lyrics, but we have a soccer reference? Yeah, I know, kids are starving in Florida, but this bothers me.

Quoted from Pinstym:

October 8, 1983. Iron Maiden at MSG with Quiet Riot as openers. Anybody else at that show?
It was my first concert. Couldn't believe my parents were letting me go to NYC with my friends.
We got on the train in Hazlet. Very rowdy ride. It was probably the third or fourth stop after we got on the train where we just sat there for a while. Bunch of police showed up and made everyone get off. They were checking for drugs. Word was that the freaks in the first train car were trying to smash in the engineer or conductor door, trying to kick out windows or some shit. They were annoyed the train was making stops I think it was.
Saw a few kids get tossed into police cars, loaded us back in and we were on the way.
Things get a little foggy after the lights went out and Quiet Riot came on, but it was a great show by both them and Maiden. Definitely a very cool first concert.
BTW, it is super annoying seeing Up the Irons in the title of this thread. So many cool songs and lyrics, but we have a soccer reference? Yeah, I know, kids are starving in Florida, but this bothers me.

Saw that show in Chicago. I remember well. Awesome.

#7472 3 years ago

Saw this at the liquor store today. Has a half liter of Trooper and a glass. The tin is about a 1.5 feet tall, would look good on a shelf in the game room.

IMG-0525 (resized).jpgIMG-0525 (resized).jpg
#7473 3 years ago
Quoted from remf:

Quoted from Rik_:

I bought mine for sub $200, creativity ender 3... definitely got my moneys worth.

Exactly. Get yourself an Ender 3 or 3 Pro by Creality and start tinkering. I did the same thing and just started to learn it on tinkercad and cura for the slicer. Thingiverse and myminifactory for free stuff. it's endless what you can make. Learning curve is not that steep for simple stuff. The hardest part after you design it is getting used to what the Slicer (I use cura) settings get the best results.
Rik, your mods are insanely well done so you've nailed your slicer settings which I find the most challenging/fun part of 3d printing. Curious on the nozzle size and layer height you used for those decorated posts with all the hieroglyphics. Extremely impressive. I also have an IM prem, but i'm stuck doing mods for my Wonka right now. Ha. Literally the reason I bought the 3D printer but i've made a ton of other things for the house as well like Rosettes and Plinth blocks for my cabinet i'm building. It'll pay for itself extremely quickly.
Now if I could only design something in a 3d cad program. I'm afraid that's beyond my scope right now.
Fantastic work Rik!

#7474 3 years ago

I have my pro for a few weeks now. What is a decent game for you folks? I can only get to 500m or so. Still havent got to 2 minutes to midnight, fighting the beast, and nowhere near run to the hills. Probably have 50 plays or so. I need to work on the ramps the most. I find the left ramp through the pops tricky.

Always fiddling with the set up. Get annoyed when the auto plunge strikes the upper flipper. Set up close to 7.0 now.

#7475 3 years ago

If someone should be interested, I am having a 18 hole pingolf challenge streaming tomorrow friday at 9 PM CET (norway time), where the 18 hole objective based course is spread across Walking Dead, Iron Maiden and Game of Thrones Open a beer and join in on twitch.tv/drainmorten if you want

121730661_943546726051585_1453785484841214343_n (resized).png121730661_943546726051585_1453785484841214343_n (resized).pngtwitch golf stats bg (resized).pngtwitch golf stats bg (resized).png
#7476 3 years ago
Quoted from Maiden:

I have my pro for a few weeks now. What is a decent game for you folks? I can only get to 500m or so. Still havent got to 2 minutes to midnight, fighting the beast, and nowhere near run to the hills. Probably have 50 plays or so. I need to work on the ramps the most. I find the left ramp through the pops tricky.
Always fiddling with the set up. Get annoyed when the auto plunge strikes the upper flipper. Set up close to 7.0 now.

Had mine 2 years. Over 500m is virtually unheard of. Easyish to hit 200m but rarely get much more.

#7477 3 years ago
Quoted from PaulROwen:

Had mine 2 years. Over 500m is virtually unheard of. Easyish to hit 200m but rarely get much more.

Ok well that makes me feel better. Watched some streams online and see how much better than me they are had me kind of down. My high scores are in the 300-500 range, but just having trouble really putting a game together to get to those harder wizard modes. I think if I can get a little better on the ramp shots, I can light that final Eddie battle and get to 2 minutes to midnight. Cheers mate!

Wish I had a limited to boost my points a little with the Can I Play With Madness wizard mode.

#7478 3 years ago
Quoted from Maiden:

Ok well that makes me feel better. Watched some streams online and see how much better than me they are had me kind of down. My high scores are in the 300-500 range, but just having trouble really putting a game together to get to those harder wizard modes. I think if I can get a little better on the ramp shots, I can light that final Eddie battle and get to 2 minutes to midnight. Cheers mate!
Wish I had a limited to boost my points a little with the Can I Play With Madness wizard mode.

Playfield multipliers before starting modes and multiballs are key to putting up scores. I've had games where I've battled the beast and not come close to some of my high scores. My leader board low score is just over 1 billion, GC is 1.5 bil.

#7479 3 years ago

I've

Quoted from PaulROwen:

I'm in the same boat! Played it for over a year and owned for a few months now. Still can't beat the 500m mark. I start usually with sweeping the drops and then just attempt to clear all the objectives on screen....and then fail. My biggest issue is shooting the ramps.

Also need to watch the YouTube videos and learn the rules.

#7480 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Saw this at the liquor store today. Has a half liter of Trooper and a glass. The tin is about a 1.5 feet tall, would look good on a shelf in the game room.
[quoted image]

I need this in my life!!!! I got the last set when it was released. Hopefully this one comes to Australia.

#7481 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Playfield multipliers before starting modes and multiballs are key to putting up scores. I've had games where I've battled the beast and not come close to some of my high scores. My leader board low score is just over 1 billion, GC is 1.5 bil.

Thx good tip. I always have just tried to get the multiplier when it is lit. I just read up on it and now know it only lasts for 20 seconds with an additional 5 seconds for hitting a flashing x.

#7482 3 years ago
Quoted from Maiden:

500 mil is actually a good score.

As for the shooter/flipper issue. Try replacing the upper right flipper with a lightning flipper. I’ve had mine like that for over a year and at 99% manual and auto plunge accuracy *knocks on wood*

#7483 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

500 mil is actually a good score.
As for the shooter/flipper issue. Try replacing the upper right flipper with a lightning flipper. I’ve had mine like that for over a year and at 99% manual and auto plunge accuracy *knocks on wood*

Thx. Got a new GC tonight but still only 538m. Was thanks to a 127.5M loop jackpot. Also got 42 loops. I want to get to 50 as I think it lights an extra ball. Damn ramps always keep me from doing better when the last eddie battle only lights letters via ramps. I usually have ramps keeping me from starting cyborg multiball more often. I have only got that going a few times and never scored any good points from it. Pinball can be frustrating!

Great game though. These things that are just beyond my reach keep me coming back and wanting to get better.

#7484 3 years ago

Anything over a billion is a good game for me. Gotta master those ramps, they are late on the flipper

#7485 3 years ago

I feel much better about my 740K

#7486 3 years ago

Almost 2yrs now. I can hit the 400s fairly regularly. My high is just over 850.

Quoted from tomdotcom:

Gotta master those ramps, they are late on the flipper

....thanks tips :p

#7487 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

Rik, your mods are insanely well done so you've nailed your slicer settings which I find the most challenging/fun part of 3d printing. Curious on the nozzle size and layer height you used for those decorated posts with all the hieroglyphics. Extremely impressive. I also have an IM prem, but i'm stuck doing mods for my Wonka right now. Ha. Literally the reason I bought the 3D printer but i've made a ton of other things for the house as well like Rosettes and Plinth blocks for my cabinet i'm building. It'll pay for itself extremely quickly.
Now if I could only design something in a 3d cad program. I'm afraid that's beyond my scope right now.
Fantastic work Rik!

Thanks, I have been having a fun time learning. For that print I'm using wood pla, so a .5 nozzle, 205 hotend, 60 bed, .16 layers, and a 105 flow rate with 26/6 extraction.
Using Cura on a stock Ender 3, only thing I have added is a BLTouch.
I'm sorry for the wait to the people asking about buying one, I wanted to get a bunch of games in with it installed before offering it up to make sure that it was durable and worth people spending any money on. After about 100 games, it looks brand new still! I have to design in the mounting holes to the model still (hopefully this weekend) and I'll post something up. I don't plan on mass producing them, as they take me a couple of days to make.

#7488 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Almost 2yrs now. I can hit the 400s fairly regularly. My high is just over 850.

....thanks tips :p

I'd consider myself above average, I'm no Ray or Elwin or Robert or Escher, but I can play

850 is a good score. My buddy that's more a casual player has a pro and his best score is around 400million.

#7489 3 years ago
Quoted from Maiden:

Had mine about a year and half. Don't play real often, but at least a few games per week. My HS is 785 million. Put up a low 600 mil, a few high 500 mil games and a bunch of 400 mil games. Had 2 occasions when starting ball 2 i was over 400 million already, and of course you know how the last 2 balls went

#7490 3 years ago

Some tips?
Know the ruleset, inside and out, all of it.
Know the bounces/angles, good and bad. If you own the game this part is HUGE.
Hit your shots
Watch some pros play or play with better people than you.
Get your revive lit when you can.
Finish modes, get those soul shards.
Practice.

#7491 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Get your revive lit when you can.

That's my biggest problem - I can't reliably hit the revive spinner. And then when I do, I invariably lose it on a multiball.

#7492 3 years ago

Cyborg mball can be huge too, think my cyborg score alone is pushing 500mill. I don't just walk up and put up billion games every game btw lol

#7493 3 years ago
Quoted from Maiden:

My best right now is 700m after owning the game about a month. I choke every time when 2 Minutes lights up...every...damn...time. As others have said, playfield multiplier is huge, as is stacking multiball with the single ball Eddie modes. 'Finishing' Eddie modes and collecting the soul shards also will bump your score up a ton. I also try to get the basic skill shot that lights an Eddie letter once it's ramps only to light one, otherwise I try to get the 20m left drain skill shot, normally miss, but can then flip up the middle ramp to collect the skill shot.

#7494 3 years ago
Quoted from Rik_:

Thanks, I have been having a fun time learning. For that print I'm using wood pla, so a .5 nozzle, 205 hotend, 60 bed, .16 layers, and a 105 flow rate with 26/6 extraction.
Using Cura on a stock Ender 3, only thing I have added is a BLTouch.
I'm sorry for the wait to the people asking about buying one, I wanted to get a bunch of games in with it installed before offering it up to make sure that it was durable and worth people spending any money on. After about 100 games, it looks brand new still! I have to design in the mounting holes to the model still (hopefully this weekend) and I'll post something up. I don't plan on mass producing them, as they take me a couple of days to make.

That is even more impressive with .5 and wood pla. I use .5 as well for exotic type pla. The fact that you are getting such a smooth print at 205 and 60 is awesome. I'm at about 218 and 72 for anything like marble or wood etc....
I think there needs to be a dedicated thread to 3d printing so everyone can jump in.
I'm saving up for that prusa with the 5 color mod they sell some day.
Keep on keepin on!
r/
Mike

#7495 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Cyborg mball can be huge too, think my cyborg score alone is pushing 500mill. I don't just walk up and put up billion games every game btw lol

That's what I typically shoot for at the start of each game is to get to Cyborg MB. Get my ramps, spinners, orbits etc. Probably should have different goals from the start, but that's what i normally try to do. Wrong? maybe, but

#7496 3 years ago

Thx for all the tips! The revive spinner is another shot I need to get better at. Does it make sense to take off the glass to practice shots like that? Does anyone do that?

My very first ball after unpacking I got over 400m. Lol, havent been able to duplicate whatever went right there.

#7497 3 years ago
Quoted from Maiden:

Thx for all the tips! The revive spinner is another shot I need to get better at. Does it make sense to take off the glass to practice shots like that? Does anyone do that?
My very first ball after unpacking I got over 400m. Lol, havent been able to duplicate whatever went right there.

The shot is just at the tip of the flipper. I’d suggest just using a game to only shoot at that until you have the shot down pat.

I’ll add that after you are comfortable with the shot, that it is not too bad... especially compared to the ? Shot. I don’t care to admit to the number of games I needed to play to get my name on the leaderboard for that one.

#7498 3 years ago
Quoted from Maiden:

The video Robert posted, where he goes for revive until he gets it, shouldn't be a Bible for gameplay. I go for revive when it's not so dangerous eg. Mariner mb, or during ball saves. I've had quite a few games over a billion, and most are due to a combination of mode completions, loop jackpots, and cyborg, all multiplied if possible. I usually have one, maybe two revives per game.

Two biggest boosts for me: practicing loops and paying attention to bonus x targets. The latter is the biggest one. I still catch myself not browsing the targets when trapped up. 3X is the ultimate game changer. Pair it with small loop jackpots and your looking at 5x!

I remember one time having 3x during fear of the dark. Left ramp to activate spinner, right ramp to double value and nailed the revive spinner (which is double) with a smooth shot. 5x spins!

Multipliers are everything when looking at 1 billion+

#7499 3 years ago

So how many balls can lock in the sarcophagus at a time, when there’s one in there it stays down and the next ball rolls over the top down to the Playfield.

#7500 3 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

So how many balls can lock in the sarcophagus at a time, when there’s one in there it stays down and the next ball rolls over the top down to the Playfield.

1 ball.
It's just like you described. Mummy multiball to release it. But after its locked then they roll off the top until you release it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 15,646 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 313.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/150?hl=red-line and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.