(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,593 posts
  • 1,038 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by allsportdvd
  • Topic is favorited by 497 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2024-03-18 15.28.14 (resized).jpg
IMG_4171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4166 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4165 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4167 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
20240316_162345 (resized).jpg
20240312_134332 (resized).jpg
20240312_172201 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240311_231711952 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240311_210431677 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240312_002728435 (resized).jpg
IMG_6312 (resized).jpeg
2024-03-09 19.26.49 (resized).jpg
2024-03-09 19.25.51 (resized).jpg
2024-03-09 19.27.12 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,593 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 312.
#701 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I emailed Chas earlier. I just want to know if I can stabilize the cab without voiding any warranty. I also want to add a shaker but that doesn’t look like a wise move.
Still no regrets(yet). This game is spectacular.

Please let us know what Chas says

#702 5 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

... ball getting stuck on the top loop against the metal bracket. Any fixes for that?

The post rubber sticking up? I'd try gluing it onto the post. You could drill and tap it, add a flat top machine screw and washer if you really want to get creative.
Seems like the rubber may be a little thick, getting hung up on the playfield when the post goes down. Maybe a thinner rubber would solve it?

#703 5 years ago

Nah. There's a metal bracket that the ball rolls under just behind the sarcophagus. It seems like its a millimeter too low and the ball sticks if it rolls thru too slow. I put some force to bend it a tiny bit and am seeing if that works

Edit: it looks like the bracket is the claw for the ball lock that doesnt raise enough

#704 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Not sure why you wouldn't believe me, just sharing what I was told. Can't remember who it was, but it wasn't Pat as that is who I was calling and he was not available.

Let me explain. I want to believe you but it's not the best process to call Stern and say "I heard it on Pinside from TaylorVA". I'm responsible for not only my 5 new Sterns but also, as the volunteer curator of the Museum of Pinball, every (and I mean EVERY) new Stern (all LEs) and process many requests. I know their warranty and what it covers and just need your help... that's it.

#705 5 years ago

I know it's been mentioned before, but the flippers are very strong and LOUD. Played a game on SW and went back to Maiden and can feel and hear the difference. Any thoughts on this?

#706 5 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

I know it's been mentioned before, but the flippers are very strong and LOUD. Played a game on SW and went back to Maiden and can feel and hear the difference. Any thoughts on this?

Check the manual for coil size and compare. It appears to use strong coils, hence the tapered post rubbers. Makes the game crazy fast and fun!

#707 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Please let us know what Chas says

Will do.

Quoted from Billy16:

Straight from the printed manual that should have come with your game, page 22 paragraph 6 line 3: "Tighten each leg bolt with care, as any over tightening will void your warrantee on the high quality Sternomatic Precision Nut Plate mechanism. If you hear a cracking sound and/or see separation at the upper corner of cabinet, you have over tightened the bolts."

Definitely not overtightened. I don't use a drill to tighten. I hand tighten all bolts, then just make them "snug" with a wrench. My other newer Stern games, including don't show this at all, even with shakers.

#708 5 years ago

I noticed that this game doesn't have any effect when you hit the ramps. Is that just me (pro)? I added some spotlights to bring in some color - will likely put red in the slings to match as well. Will look more like LE.

#709 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I noticed that this game doesn't have any effect when you hit the ramps. Is that just me (pro)? I added some spotlights to bring in some color - will likely put red in the slings to match as well. Will look more like LE.

And we will of course need pics when you're done in case we need to copy off of you.

#710 5 years ago

Between the lower left spinner and the left sling is a stand up target with a cross on it. What does that do? I've been meaning to take the glass off and trigger it to see what it does.
I don't know if I can hit it from my right flipper. Feels like the shot to the spinner is right off the end of the flipper.

#711 5 years ago

Minor Troubleshooting Tip just in case this happens to anyone (I know this is simple but there are some that this will save time):

The left orbit ball lock was not triggering like it used to. Had been working before. Easy fix.

Scenario:
Progressing towards Trooper Multiball, when lock is lit, the pin physically traps the ball between the left and right two up posts, with the ball coming to rest against the "Up Post Left". This wasn't happening anymore. "Up Post Right" was firing too late. The machine recognized the lock, but didn't temporarily physically lock the ball.

Solution:
There is no opto to trigger "Up Post Right". It is triggered only when the Left Orbit Spinner switch is detected (When Lock is Lit). The spinner switch wasn't getting triggered until spin 2, because it seems the switch leaf has seen a lot of action. Simply bend the leaf up a bit towards the spinner target wire, to be sure it's triggered on the first spin.

LEFTORBITSPINNER (resized).jpgLEFTORBITSPINNER (resized).jpg

#712 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Between the lower left spinner and the left sling is a stand up target with a cross on it. What does that do? I've been meaning to take the glass off and trigger it to see what it does.
I don't know if I can hit it from my right flipper. Feels like the shot to the spinner is right off the end of the flipper.

If you pass the ball from the right flipper across and up the left inlane and hit the switch it should give you something you need (switch hit) for progression.

#713 5 years ago

Work in progress right now with the spotlight but this is what it looks like. I really need to add red to the lower part (by slings etc) so it matches but don't have enough red LEDs. Will do that soon.

Pro version needs alot more color to it which I'll add.

20180509_221909 (resized).jpg20180509_221909 (resized).jpg

20180509_221926 (resized).jpg20180509_221926 (resized).jpg

#714 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Between the lower left spinner and the left sling is a stand up target with a cross on it. What does that do?

It's one of the set of standups you complete before you can activate 2x playfield.

#715 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

If you aren’t in a mode, (Shatzing) alley passing from the right flipper through the left inlane into the Gravestone target will spot an unlit X target.

#716 5 years ago

Shatzing? Never heard this term. How does this pass move work?

#717 5 years ago

Very tip of the flipper sends the ball up through the inlane on the opposite flipper side. Which is something I normally only pull off by accident

#719 5 years ago

Added some PinStadium lighting to my LE. Make's a big difference and the LED reflection on the ramps and other items is not that bad in person. white is tied to the white pirate eddie and UV flash is tied to one of the lighting flashers. This set up looks ok in attract mode, but great in game. When the lighting flashers go and the UV comes on it looks great. Also very cool in modes like fear of the dark where the game only uses the red GI.

Very happy with the look on this game. So far I have a set on Maiden and Guardians and they accent the game very well.

Scott at pinstadium gets an A+ in communication and suggestions on best set up for each game.

MaidenStadium (1) (resized).jpegMaidenStadium (1) (resized).jpeg

#720 5 years ago

Does it have that rainbow effect on the ramps while you play the game?

#721 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Does it have that rainbow effect on the ramps while you play the game?

Looks pretty cool. Need some video here!

#722 5 years ago

Just put the down payment on a Premium. Pretty sure the artwork will be outstanding. Game is way too fun and should be better with the added premium elements. Just need to unload my SWPro before July (hopefully will be shipping by then)

#723 5 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Just put the down payment on a Premium. Pretty sure the artwork will be outstanding. Game is way too fun and should be better with the added premium elements. Just need to unload my SWPro before July (hopefully will be shipping by then)

I ordered a premium Monday and was told 6-7 weeks.

#724 5 years ago

Yikes! 6-7 weeks?! That would mean another few weeks until pics? I've been on a waiting list for over three weeks and was told it would be 5 weeks back then.

#725 5 years ago
Quoted from SpecialK-33:

Yikes! 6-7 weeks?! That would mean another few weeks until pics? I've been on a waiting list for over three weeks and was told it would be 5 weeks back then.

I'm in the same boat.

#726 5 years ago

When I ordered a Premium at the end of March my distributor said they were expected to start shipping early May... ?

#727 5 years ago

It's amazing that approving artwork is taking so long.

#728 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

It's amazing that approving artwork is taking so long.

Perhaps they’re just waiting to be in full production before they reveal. They seem to like to show off the machine on a deadflip stream and already be shipping them (they did this with the pro and LE).

#729 5 years ago

Joined the club with a pro. Will join again with a premium. Bought both the same day.

CCE94784-5253-4209-8BF2-1DE9ACC82755 (resized).jpegCCE94784-5253-4209-8BF2-1DE9ACC82755 (resized).jpeg

CF8A1A30-FBBF-4066-B93A-252420721237 (resized).jpegCF8A1A30-FBBF-4066-B93A-252420721237 (resized).jpeg

#730 5 years ago

Heard back from my distributor who reached out to Stern and was told 2-3 weeks for Premiums to ship but who knows. I'm guessing it'll be later for people just now getting on the wait list for one? They also got their LE's a couple of weeks late so it sounds like it'll be soon. LE pics came out a couple weeks back so if history repeats itself here, you'd think pics of the Premium will be popping up any time now?

#731 5 years ago

NEW CODE:

V0.97.0 - May 9, 2018
=====================
- Number of the Beast - wizard mode is now complete
- Eddie Cards - after a Number of the Beast mode loss level 1 Eddie cards are un-lit, light all level 1 cards again to re-light Number of the Beast
- Eddie Cards - after a Number of the Beast mode loss level 2 Eddie cards stay lit, light all level 2 cards to re-light Number of the Beast
- Mummy Multiball - added scepter shots for add-a-ball / additional awards during the mode
- Mummy Multiball - sarcophagus lock improvements
- Aces High - added fighter ace super jackpot animation / sounds
- Rime of the Ancient Mariner - better scoop response when shots enter the scoop
- Rime Albatross Hurry Up - added a delay before the timer starts to give a chance at locking in the maximum value
- Flight of Icarus - shortened the length of the intro animation
- Soul Shard - replaced placeholder soul shard animation with new animation / sounds
- Cyborg Multiball - cyborg Eddie card collect - level 2 - changed from 3rd pyramid completion to 5th pyramid completion
- Cyborg Multiball - new intro / background loop / total animations / sounds
- Cyborg Multiball - cyborg jackpot animation updated
- Loop Award - mini loop scores 3x loop value and lights 2x loop
- Loop Jackpot - mini loop boosts loop jackpot value +500K and adds 3 seconds to loop jackpot timer
- Loop Jackpot - loop up post logic changed to only hold up for 2 seconds and then back down, also bring down immediately on mini-loop
- Loop Jackpot - improved big loop detection when a ball is being plunged
- Loop Jackpot - fix a bug when you drain with one loop left to light loop jackpots, it would not light jackpots when the next loop was hit after next ball was served
- Loop Jackpot - fix double loop award when the up post is blocking a big loop and you directly shoot a mini loop back into the post on the opposite side
- Loop Jackpot - score frame loop jackpot value is now visible when loop jackpots are active
- Tomb Award - change tomb award text from wrong: "2X Bonus Multiplier" to correct: "Collect 2X Bonus"
- Match - Iron Maiden themed match animations / sounds added
- RGB Beacon Light Shows - improvements to existing light shows and added additional light shows
- Revive - fixed problem with revive not saving the ball properly during grace periods
- Revive - added a new revive activated animation / sounds
- Sound - volume tweaks for many sounds
- Improved ball detection in top eject
- Ticket Dispenser Coil - enable testing in coil test
- Power Features - updating UI icons art
- Score Frame - better alignment of 'Ball' and 'Credits' text at the top of the screen
- All Modes - do not wait for grace period to expire to show mode totals
- High Score Tables - Obelisk scroll is now aligned with score groups better
- High Score Totals - fixed a bug with soul shard collected amount not getting included in the mode's high score total
- Adjustment Changes:
- 'LOOP VALUE TIMER' default changed from 10 to 5
- 'LOOP JACKPOT TIMER' default changed from 15 to 12
- 'LOOP JACKPOT UP POST LOOPS' default changed from 5 to 3
- '2 MINS/MIDNIGHT BALL SAVE TIME' default changed from 30 to 45
- 'EXTRA BALL/POWER SHOTS COMPLETE' default changed from 2 to 3
- increased all REPLAY defaults by 25M - starting default is now 125M

#732 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I like the speaker lights where did you buy?

www.speakerlightkits.com

I PM'd mummite and he said he did have to remove the black nylon spacers that go between the speakers and the color rings in the LE when installing the Speaker Light Kit. These spacers are put there from the factory to give the speaker's tweeters room so they do not press against the back of the speaker panel's honeycomb grills.

With the speaker light kit installed....this adds the 1/2" of space that the 1/2" black nylon spacers were originally making and gives the tweeters the same amount of space so they are not pressing into the back of the honeycomb grills.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

EDIT: Iron Maiden LE is now added to the website with an explanation of the additional install requirements.

Iron Maiden LE SP (resized).jpgIron Maiden LE SP (resized).jpg

#733 5 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

NEW CODE:
V0.97.0 - May 9, 2018
=====================
- Number of the Beast - wizard mode is now complete
- Eddie Cards - after a Number of the Beast mode loss level 1 Eddie cards are un-lit, light all level 1 cards again to re-light Number of the Beast
- Eddie Cards - after a Number of the Beast mode loss level 2 Eddie cards stay lit, light all level 2 cards to re-light Number of the Beast
- Mummy Multiball - added scepter shots for add-a-ball / additional awards during the mode
- Mummy Multiball - sarcophagus lock improvements
- Aces High - added fighter ace super jackpot animation / sounds
- Rime of the Ancient Mariner - better scoop response when shots enter the scoop
- Rime Albatross Hurry Up - added a delay before the timer starts to give a chance at locking in the maximum value
- Flight of Icarus - shortened the length of the intro animation
- Soul Shard - replaced placeholder soul shard animation with new animation / sounds
- Cyborg Multiball - cyborg Eddie card collect - level 2 - changed from 3rd pyramid completion to 5th pyramid completion
- Cyborg Multiball - new intro / background loop / total animations / sounds
- Cyborg Multiball - cyborg jackpot animation updated
- Loop Award - mini loop scores 3x loop value and lights 2x loop
- Loop Jackpot - mini loop boosts loop jackpot value +500K and adds 3 seconds to loop jackpot timer
- Loop Jackpot - loop up post logic changed to only hold up for 2 seconds and then back down, also bring down immediately on mini-loop
- Loop Jackpot - fix a bug when you drain with one loop left to light loop jackpots, it would not light jackpots when the next loop was hit after next ball was served
- Loop Jackpot - fix double loop award when the up post is blocking a big loop and you directly shoot a mini loop back into the post on the opposite side
- Loop Jackpot - score frame loop jackpot value is now visible when loop jackpots are active
- Tomb Award - change tomb award text from wrong: "2X Bonus Multiplier" to correct: "Collect 2X Bonus"
- Match - Iron Maiden themed match animations / sounds added
- RGB Beacon Light Shows - improvements to existing light shows and added additional light shows
- Revive - fixed problem with revive not saving the ball properly during grace periods
- Revive - added a new revive activated animation / sounds
- Sound - volume tweaks for many sounds
- Improved ball detection in top eject
- Ticket Dispenser Coil - enable testing in coil test
- Power Features - updating UI icons art
- Score Frame - better alignment of 'Ball' and 'Credits' text at the top of the screen
- All Modes - do not wait for grace period to expire to show mode totals
- High Score Tables - Obelisk scroll is now aligned with score groups better
- High Score Totals - fixed a bug with soul shard collected amount not getting included in the mode's high score total
- Adjustment Changes:
- 'LOOP VALUE TIMER' default changed from 10 to 5
- 'LOOP JACKPOT TIMER' default changed from 15 to 12
- 'LOOP JACKPOT UP POST LOOPS' default changed from 5 to 3
- '2 MINS/MIDNIGHT BALL SAVE TIME' default changed from 30 to 45
- 'EXTRA BALL/POWER SHOTS COMPLETE' default changed from 2 to 3
- increased all REPLAY defaults by 25M - starting default is now 125M

yes (resized).jpgyes (resized).jpg

#734 5 years ago

EB3160D2-F0CA-4354-A169-A67C118E2B5E (resized).jpegEB3160D2-F0CA-4354-A169-A67C118E2B5E (resized).jpeg

#735 5 years ago

Update went in smoothly. Played a game and some new things readily apparent visually right off the bat. I like the new animation for match at end of game !

#736 5 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

http://www.speakerlightkits.com
I PM'd mummite and he said he did have to remove the black nylon spacers that go between the speakers and the color rings in the LE when installing the Speaker Light Kit. These spacers are put there from the factory to give the speaker's tweeters room so they do not press against the back of the speaker panel's honeycomb grills.
With the speaker light kit installed....this adds the 1/2" of space that the 1/2" black nylon spacers were originally making and gives the tweeters the same amount of space so they are not pressing into the back of the honeycomb grills.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)
EDIT: Iron Maiden LE is now added to the website with an explanation of the additional install requirements.

Duggie, is that diagram for real! Lol

#737 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Update went in smoothly. Played a game and some new things readily apparent visually right off the bat. I like the new animation for match at end of game !

DF579DEC-561B-401A-9F44-354375D0A03B (resized).jpegDF579DEC-561B-401A-9F44-354375D0A03B (resized).jpeg

D44A0C07-E35B-4166-9E70-530F0F4789F5 (resized).jpegD44A0C07-E35B-4166-9E70-530F0F4789F5 (resized).jpeg

657C0676-48AC-43C3-BDD5-15F14CD1C6FF (resized).jpeg657C0676-48AC-43C3-BDD5-15F14CD1C6FF (resized).jpeg

#738 5 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

I ordered a premium Monday and was told 6-7 weeks.

6-7 Weeks before they start shipping premiums or around that time for them to ship yours... I hope I'm one of the first queued up for a Prem... I ordered the day it was announced. So I hope I get one of the first prems out there... But, the wait will be whatever the wait will be... Looks like it'll miss my birthday though... Just by a hair... But, should still be close enough to be the ultimate gift to myself...

#739 5 years ago

Haha awesome new callout when you drain.

#740 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Haha awesome new callout when you drain.

Will i love my LE?

#741 5 years ago

The new code is awesome! So much extra polish and improvements all around. Lots of extra sound effects and visual improvements. The new Cyborg MB intro animations are stellar!

#742 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Will i love my LE?

Definitely

#743 5 years ago

I'm in the club!

Just unboxed and set up on location and there is already a code update? Gotta love it. I've only a handful of games on mine but so far its a blast to play.

Screen Shot 2018-05-10 at 7.07.46 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-05-10 at 7.07.46 PM (resized).png

#744 5 years ago

Not a fan of this change. Just had aces high going and made 4 loops and not one registered; nor did it register an aces high jp

#745 5 years ago

anigif_enhanced-buzz-32466-1361920516-6 (resized).pnganigif_enhanced-buzz-32466-1361920516-6 (resized).png

#746 5 years ago

guys - this code update is significant. There are so many things I've noticed and little ones too (I don't think the pops made that chains sound before which I love). I love the match animation too. They really need to add an effect when you shot the ramps but I'm really impressed with the update. Animations are so much better!

btw - after trying to get a remix soundtrack together and failing (it's hard to get music in this game that matches as well as IMDN) - I don't know if it was the updated code but I used the stock music and it really does fit this game so well. I know dumb right BUT it's growing on me. Run to the hills is prob never going but I can always replace that one (prob Wrathchild although Clairvoyant is pretty good too and it's longer)

Also - I was playing MET while the code was updating and the two really do play diff. IMDN is like on crack compared to MET (much faster and a lot more going on) but MET is also plays its hand so well and is the epitome of good pinball. Nice having both right now.

EDIT - as someone new to maiden the song Strange World - the most unmaiden song I've ever heard! Afraid to shoot strangers another.

#747 5 years ago

Any one noticed Crackling(distortion) from Jbl speakers on the LE ?

#748 5 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Any one noticed Crackling(distortion) from Jbl speakers on the LE ?

My SWLE had crackling sound, among other sound issues. A replacement cpu board was the solution.

Rob

#749 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

My SWLE had crackling sound, among other sound issues. A replacement cpu board was the solution.
Rob

Thanks ,will reach out to my distr for cpu option

#750 5 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

The triangle type that prevents flex are available at Home Depo. They look much beefier .

Any pics of these?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop
Men
There are 15,593 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 312.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.