(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,653 posts
  • 1,042 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Kkoss24
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2458 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2456 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2459 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6659 (resized).png
IMG_6658 (resized).png
IMG_6660 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6664 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6662 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6663 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5503 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240325_202244_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240325_202205_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
IMG_8122 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,653 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 314.
#7401 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Could be the connection with the socket?

I pulled n cleaned it .Connections all good I’ll just order one today .I can’t just order 1 thing lmao it always turns into a shopping spree .

#7402 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I pulled n cleaned it .Connections all good I’ll just order one today .I can’t just order 1 thing lmao it always turns into a shopping spree .

Swap a known working flasher with the suspect one first, it will be the same voltage being a flasher and might save an order perhaps?

#7403 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Swap a known working flasher with the suspect one first, it will be the same voltage being a flasher and might save an order perhaps?

Thanks MC I was thinking that then had to leave for work .Will try that tonight before I order for sure .

#7404 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

My right lightning flasher has been out .Was looking for a little help is there anything to check out before I order the part .Thanks
[quoted image]

Swap the bulb with another to verify it's the bulb (does your "bad" bulb work in another known good flasher socket, and does a good flasher bulb from another socket work in the bad flasher socket?).

If a known good bulb doesn't work in the bad socket, you either have a bad socket or a blown transistor.

#7405 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Swap the bulb with another to verify it's the bulb (does your "bad" bulb work in another known good flasher socket, and does a good flasher bulb from another socket work in the bad flasher socket?).
If a known good bulb doesn't work in the bad socket, you either have a bad socket or a blown transistor.

Ok thanks a bunch .Yes the left one works so when home I’ll first swap bulbs .

#7406 3 years ago
Quoted from Rik_:

Finished up with printing and painting my undead Anubis, and decided to add some torches as well. Finally installed Piece of Mind Eddie too, love the pop bumpers make the chains rattle and the sound plays as well.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like how you have your side blades covering the edges.I was going to get that design but with just all stone. Ended up with the hieroglyphics instead .

#7407 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I like how you have your side blades covering the edges.I was going to get that design but with just all stone. Ended up with the hieroglyphics instead .

Thanks, the previous owner had them in there, and I dig them too. Was looking into getting Powerbladez, but disappointed that they aren't game activated.

#7408 3 years ago

As if this game wasn't already bolted to the floor, the gf started playing a few games on her own tonight. Put up a score of 118,329,650
Shes a keeper
......so is the gf

20201004_211150 (resized).jpg20201004_211150 (resized).jpg
#7409 3 years ago

Begin the charge!! 6A7E2814-626D-4AA1-ABB6-BFB6B728A381 (resized).jpeg6A7E2814-626D-4AA1-ABB6-BFB6B728A381 (resized).jpeg

#7410 3 years ago

I have to admit, growing up with music of the 70's into the 80's and seeing MTV's inception, I was never into Iron Maiden. I was familiar with them and their videos, Run to the Hills, in particular, but I never bought an album, or cassette, at that point in time. I was and still am mainly into rock, leaning a little progressive, and was into Rush, Van Halen, Def Leppard at the time. When this machine came out I pretty much blew it off as I see a lot of people did, stating the music didn't appeal to them. I played the pro at the Ann Arbor show and immediately ordered a premium based on the game itself, couldn't hear the music too well. Got and loved the premium, except for having to fix it every other day and finally sold it. Just got a pro and I think it is going to be a permanent fixture. This time around though I have really been getting into the music and can't believe I went this long without listening to Iron Maiden. I watched the Flight 666 documentary and am now a fan of the group. It's awesome to be able to just pull up and stream the next album and all the time thinking I would've really been into them as a teen and later on. I guess I'm a real life incarnation of the song Wasted Years!

#7411 3 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I have to admit, growing up with music of the 70's into the 80's and seeing MTV's inception, I was never into Iron Maiden. I was familiar with them and their videos, Run to the Hills, in particular, but I never bought an album, or cassette, at that point in time. I was and still am mainly into rock, leaning a little progressive, and was into Rush, Van Halen, Def Leppard at the time. When this machine came out I pretty much blew it off as I see a lot of people did, stating the music didn't appeal to them. I played the pro at the Ann Arbor show and immediately ordered a premium based on the game itself, couldn't hear the music too well. Got and loved the premium, except for having to fix it every other day and finally sold it. Just got a pro and I think it is going to be a permanent fixture. This time around though I have really been getting into the music and can't believe I went this long without listening to Iron Maiden. I watched the Flight 666 documentary and am now a fan of the group. It's awesome to be able to just pull up and stream the next album and all the time thinking I would've really been into them as a teen and later on. I guess I'm a real life incarnation of the song Wasted Years!

You are NEVER too old to branch out your musical tastes!!
I am a co host/starter of a tunes session on a chat site that is run every Sunday evening (my time) and there are people from a few different countries that join in every week. You get the chance to hear things that you may not investigate yourself on youtube, etc and quite often i find myself thinking..."How did i not get into this before???" I must admit i've always had reasonably broad tastes in music but the past 6 years i have gone places i would never have imagined musically

#7412 3 years ago

First pin I have owned since 2003 when I sold my DE Star Wars. Thx to Andrew @ GotPinball. Coolest dude ever, wished he lived nearby! turtleboy

27AD53CE-AE3D-46E8-9FFC-A420E0214229 (resized).jpeg27AD53CE-AE3D-46E8-9FFC-A420E0214229 (resized).jpegE033D9D8-6AE6-454F-B5B1-5885145ED8E6 (resized).jpegE033D9D8-6AE6-454F-B5B1-5885145ED8E6 (resized).jpeg
#7413 3 years ago

Got the Anubis and torches done, guess what's next...

PXL_20201006_025916200 (resized).jpgPXL_20201006_025916200 (resized).jpg
#7414 3 years ago
Quoted from Rik_:

[quoted image]

Where does that go and where did you get it from? Looks awesome!

#7415 3 years ago
Quoted from stuckey_t:

You forgot, "and how do I get one?"

#7416 3 years ago

Looks very cool but could be too brittle for a shooter rod handle in 3D printed plastic, especially the front piece. Nice job though!!

#7417 3 years ago
Quoted from Maiden:

First pin I have owned since 2003 when I sold my DE Star Wars. Thx to Andrew @ GotPinball. Coolest dude ever, wished he lived nearby! turtleboy
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats bud !!!

#7418 3 years ago
Quoted from Rik_:

[quoted image]

Badass!!

#7419 3 years ago
Quoted from stuckey_t:

I 3d printed it, working on designing something to replace the pharaoh plastic on the backboard. This is the first piece of it that I test printed.

#7420 3 years ago
Quoted from Rik_:

I 3d printed it, working on designing something to replace the pharaoh plastic on the backboard. This is the first piece of it that I test printed.

I'm interested to see this.

#7421 3 years ago

Well, according to the JJP fanboys GNR is now the best music pin ever and Maiden is basically a cheap home pin. That is a real bummer, as I really like Maiden--glad I now know better...

#7422 3 years ago
Quoted from Rik_:

The pharaoh on the backboard is drawn in forced perspective, so it will be tough to get it looking right.

#7423 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Well, according to the JJP fanboys GNR is now the best music pin ever and Maiden is basically a cheap home pin. That is a real bummer, as I really like Maiden--glad I now know better...

I ordered a new Iron Maiden Premium 2 hours AFTER the unveiling of GnR, LOL. I must really have issues.

#7424 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I have a feeling GnR will be more of a spectacle or production and Maiden will remain a fantastic shooter. LE is on order, can't wait to have the 2 side by side!

#7425 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

nobody has flipped GNR yet and POTC was't exactly the most exhilarating experience.

#7426 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I ordered a new Iron Maiden Premium 2 hours AFTER the unveiling of GnR, LOL. I must really have issues.

After 2600 games on IMDN Pro, I will say it is every bit as fun to shoot as game 1, maybe more since I suck less now. The shots and goals are the perfect balance of tough and fair.

#7427 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I think people are saying GnR is more of a music pin. Iron Maiden has music, but it isn't a music pin necessarily -- it's based on the comic story. Even Metallica isn't really "music" specific. GnR is all about getting the band together to play a show. That's my impression from watching them anyway. (and that's as someone who has IMDB and MET and is thinking about GnR, depending on how gameplay looks).

#7428 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The pharaoh on the backboard is drawn in forced perspective, so it will be tough to get it looking right.

Yeah, I played around trying to model it but it never looks quite right. Switched gears, and am now going to try to model something closer to the Powerslave cover.

#7429 3 years ago

I agree ,once I started to completly understand everything (and some shooting help from Danger )I started playing way longer games.Iron Maiden music was made for pinball .That GnR looks incredible With everything goin on but I highly doubt it shoots like this .Nothing wrong with liking them both ....Besides I’m looking forward to the code update .Not that this really needs much but a little tweaking will do wonders .

#7430 3 years ago

From what little I have seen of GnR, I feel like it's comparing apples to oranges. GnR gameplay is centered around the band and its members, while IMLB is centered around the songs, and tries to bring them to life with the gameplay.

They both rock and have great integrations with the music, but IMO entirely different themes. Dad rock lovers rejoice, we are in a golden age of music pins!

#7431 3 years ago

As far as bands, Maiden far > GNR

Regarding machines, I'm really happy with Maiden and wouldn't sell/trade it for what was revealed. Would just like to see some more code

#7432 3 years ago

...and a few new tunes!

#7433 3 years ago

Need assistance because I’m an idiot when it comes to this stuff. So I purchased the coffin ball mod for my IM Pro and for the life of me I can’t get it plugged into the right flasher under the playfield. Can anyone show me a pic of exactly which connector to use? Right now I’m on the right flasher so it blinks when I hit the spinner. I’m presuming it needs to blink along with the red flasher in front of the sarcophagus ball. In service mode right now it flashes when I select the right spinner flash but I can’t figure out which connection coordinates with the one that says Lock Flash on it. I’ve moved it to two other connectors and still no luck. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

#7434 3 years ago

someone please put me out of my misery... how do you get big scores on this game? (code loopholes aside)

My best is about 990m, which isn't terrible, but most games seems to follow a similar path. Complete EDDIE, start mode, play mode (usually badly as they're almost too short as the ball bounces around so much it wastes 50% of the time), Trooper multi-ball, or another mode, repeat. All this time the little yellow inserts are building up, mummy is getting ready, that happens, then back to mode modes. What should i be combining for bigger points? Is there a way to have more time per mode to actually complete some of the objectives? What's a soul shard really mean? I've had Eddie cards, 3 in game several times so far, which sounds good. Never battled the beast though.

Premium version

#7435 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

someone please put me out of my misery... how do you get big scores on this game? (code loopholes aside)
My best is about 990m, whihc isn't terrible, but most games seems to follow a similar path. Complete EDDIE, start mode, play mode (usually badly as they're almost too short as the ball bounces around so much it wastes 50% of the time), Trooper multi-ball, or another mode, repeat. All this time the little yellow inserts are building up, mummy is getting ready, that happens, then back to mode modes. What should i be combining for bigger points? Is there a way to have more time per mode to actually complete some of the objectives? What's a soul shard really mean? I've had Eddie cards, 3 in game several times so far, which sounds good. Never battled the beast though.

Pro or Premium/LE? They play differently.

#7436 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pro or Premium/LE? They play differently.

premium

#7437 3 years ago

Paul those scores are great compared to mine!

Last weekend I changed my outlane posts, as the left hand was killing me. I also tweaked the right flipper angle as it wasn't successful.

#7438 3 years ago

October 8, 1983. Iron Maiden at MSG with Quiet Riot as openers. Anybody else at that show?

It was my first concert. Couldn't believe my parents were letting me go to NYC with my friends.

We got on the train in Hazlet. Very rowdy ride. It was probably the third or fourth stop after we got on the train where we just sat there for a while. Bunch of police showed up and made everyone get off. They were checking for drugs. Word was that the freaks in the first train car were trying to smash in the engineer or conductor door, trying to kick out windows or some shit. They were annoyed the train was making stops I think it was.
Saw a few kids get tossed into police cars, loaded us back in and we were on the way.

Things get a little foggy after the lights went out and Quiet Riot came on, but it was a great show by both them and Maiden. Definitely a very cool first concert.

BTW, it is super annoying seeing Up the Irons in the title of this thread. So many cool songs and lyrics, but we have a soccer reference? Yeah, I know, kids are starving in Florida, but this bothers me.

#7439 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

BTW, it is super annoying seeing Up the Irons in the title of this thread. So many cool songs and lyrics, but we have a soccer reference? Yeah, I know, kids are starving in Florida, but this bothers me.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=up%20the%20irons

#7440 3 years ago

It's UK football slang. But I guess the clueless can take it and make it whatever they want. Not me. Google past the first thing you find.

#7441 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

It's UK football slang. But I guess the clueless can take it and make it whatever they want. Not me. Google past the first thing you find.

It's been used by Maiden fans for a long time. https://whatculture.com/music/18-things-iron-maiden-fans-will-understand

#7442 3 years ago

Pharaoh replacement mod update. Done printing a test model for fitment, what's everyone's thoughts? Want to figure out a way to channel the flasher to just Eddie's eyes.

IMG_20201008_092349 (resized).jpgIMG_20201008_092349 (resized).jpgIMG_20201008_092354 (resized).jpgIMG_20201008_092354 (resized).jpgIMG_20201008_092357 (resized).jpgIMG_20201008_092357 (resized).jpgIMG_20201008_092400 (resized).jpgIMG_20201008_092400 (resized).jpg
#7443 3 years ago
Quoted from Rik_:

Pharaoh replacement mod update. Done printing a test model for fitment, what's everyone's thoughts? Want to figure out a way to channel the flasher to just Eddie's eyes.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Tough to tell from pictures. Send me the files so I can print one myself and get a better look. Ha! Looks great!

#7444 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Tough to tell from pictures. Send me the files so I can print one myself and get a better look. Ha! Looks great!

Thanks! The file is HUGE, but most of the models are open source, I just threw them together in blender.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:87008 : Obelisk
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2713090 : Left hand statue
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2725303 : Right hand status

The Eddie model I bought from here:
https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/art/eddie-powerslave-iron-maiden

#7445 3 years ago

Question for pro owners-how easy is it to hit the jump ramp from the right flipper? Not sure if it's just a pitch issue (game is at 7.0 or so), but it seems like shots just barely make it to the target from the right. Shots from the left are fine though.

#7446 3 years ago

Build your 2x and 3x multipliers whenever you can so your modes and multiballs are more profitable. Practice making the super jackpot shot so you can make it more reliably when needed. You can glance off the post in front of the lane it's in and make the shot. I use that most often. It's kind of like a Deadpool Snikt shot in that you want to be just off from the right of the ramp to glance the ball into the lane.

I always try to stack Mummy multiball. Also, are you getting the eddie cards consistently or just occasionally? The mummy one is super easy to get, just spam the spinner. When in Mummy, immediately try to complete both ramps so you can get another ball added.

Also, it's harder to do on the Premium/LE because the ball is easier to hit off-angle accidentally than the target is, but try not to hit it until you build up the power jackpot enough. If you keep hitting the ball, you never let the power jackpot build.

#7447 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

Question for pro owners-how easy is it to hit the jump ramp from the right flipper? Not sure if it's just a pitch issue (game is at 7.0 or so), but it seems like shots just barely make it to the target from the right. Shots from the left are fine though.

From a cradle I can't seem to make it most of the time, on the right, but if the ball has some momentum from the lane I can with a slightly later flip. Left flipper no problem.

#7448 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

Mine came from the factory poorly adjusted and it was a difficult shot. There was not enough of a gap between the flipper and the bushing. After adjustment I can make it consistently but not 100%. Huge difference. I'm probably at around 6.8 incline.

#7449 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

I have no problems hitting it when i have the ball cradled, but a moving ball it's a little harder. But i think it's fairly easy no matter what unless the ball it's just flying through the inlane. It's that dam right orbit shot is what troubles me....

#7450 3 years ago

I have no issues shooting that shot with my right flipper and I only botch the left flipper from time to time due to me not lining up my shot properly. Set mine at 6.5

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne Beach, FL
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 300.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop
Men
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,653 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 314.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/149?hl=monkeyboypaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.