(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,838 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 hours ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 317.
#7351 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes.
It sounds like the wire to the opto has broken, at least partially, inside the insulation and is making intermittent contact. This is not unusual for Stern optos. Try wiggling the wires to the opto while in switch test to see if it triggers them.

Thanks. I’ll check that out. Is there a way to get power to the playfield without sticking some tape to the button inside the cabinet? This is my first stern so I’m getting a crash course on all of their quirks and ways to do things....

#7352 3 years ago
Quoted from remf:

Thanks. I’ll check that out. Is there a way to get power to the playfield without sticking some tape to the button inside the cabinet? This is my first stern so I’m getting a crash course on all of their quirks and ways to do things....

Pull the white button and it will stay powered even with the door open. Closing the door resets it to normal function.

#7353 3 years ago

Thanks again vire.

#7354 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pull the white button and it will stay powered even with the door open. Closing the door resets it to normal function.

Wait....Pre/LEs have playfield power switches and Pros don't?

Here is a pic of the switches from my LOTR:

20200928_074347 (resized).jpg20200928_074347 (resized).jpg

And.....of my IMDN Pro:
20200928_074400 (resized).jpg20200928_074400 (resized).jpg

Regardless.....you taught me about pulling the button out! I appreciate that...never knew that.

#7355 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

[quoted image]
And.....of my IMDN Pro:
[quoted image]
Regardless.....you taught me about pulling the button out! I appreciate that...never knew that.

At some point between the beginning of the IMDN LE run and the Pro run Stern cost-cutted the high-power cutoff switch out. I don't think it was explicitly an LE vs Pro thing, just timing. My BKSoR doesn't have one either.

Then a bit later their lawyers probably found out and told them they were risking a massive lawsuit and they added it back in. My new DP Pro has it again.

#7356 3 years ago

My Premium doesn’t

FC5FC1A5-CACA-479B-9BCB-43E850A2E941 (resized).jpegFC5FC1A5-CACA-479B-9BCB-43E850A2E941 (resized).jpeg
#7357 3 years ago

Prem/LE owners, did you use blue loctite on the threads for the the ball post for sarcophagus/mummy?

After disassembly to install new roller switches in the sarcophagus, it just doesn't want to stay locked in. I flip the pf up, get it set so that it's registering hits, flip back down, and after a couple games it doesn't register anything. Spoon switches are my bane!

Something I'm missing, or do I just need to set it with loctite and let it dry up like that before playing?

#7358 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Prem/LE owners, did you use blue loctite on the threads for the the ball post for sarcophagus/mummy?
After disassembly to install new roller switches in the sarcophagus, it just doesn't want to stay locked in. I flip the pf up, get it set so that it's registering hits, flip back down, and after a couple games it doesn't register anything. Spoon switches are my bane!
Something I'm missing, or do I just need to set it with loctite and let it dry up like that before playing?

I did use blue loctite there.

#7359 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Yes, I used Locktite 2-4-2 on the hex post and the round bit above it when I replaced mine.

Mine snapped off! Pig of a job to get them removed for replacement (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/146#post-5843371)

It’s an incredibly sensitive spoon and switch (shit design!). I had to centre the tip in the spoon by moving the switch stand-off. Left a 0.5-1mm gap between the switch leafs.

#7360 3 years ago

Perfect, thanks guys!

#7361 3 years ago

I have a pro version of the machine. I have the 2 Eddie figures from the premium version to install. Can anyone with the premium version let me know how they are installed? Thx for your help!

#7362 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

At some point between the beginning of the IMDN LE run and the Pro run Stern cost-cutted the high-power cutoff switch out. I don't think it was explicitly an LE vs Pro thing, just timing. My BKSoR doesn't have one either.
Then a bit later their lawyers probably found out and told them they were risking a massive lawsuit and they added it back in. My new DP Pro has it again.

I like it on games with magnets right up the middle like TWD. Just pop the door open to release the ball at the right time. Sweet.

#7363 3 years ago

Anyone else using the exploit to blow the game up?

#7364 3 years ago
Quoted from Maiden:

I have a pro version of the machine. I have the 2 Eddie figures from the premium version to install. Can anyone with the premium version let me know how they are installed? Thx for your help!

Cyborg should have a bracket and 2 screws , super easy. Piece of mind Eddie had to glue his feet to a new clear plastic behind the top left pop bumper. Remove the plastic on top of the pop bumper. That's how mine came.

#7365 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Anyone else using the exploit to blow the game up?

My best I've managed yet is to get ~3B out of Icarus. Didn't manage to get to 2MTM that game though. Of note, I had both revive lanes lit, and used them during the attempt, and it didn't stop the combo. Thought I saw someone mention that anything that has screen animations would cancel it, so that isn't entirely true. Although I don't believe the revive animations played.

#7366 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

[quoted image]
And.....of my IMDN Pro:
[quoted image]

It's another cost reduction from Stern...that they undid within just a few game releases. They took off the cutoff switch, then put it back later. But the one they have now is useless because instead of just cutting high power for the coils, it kills ALL power to the node boards, so if you want to test, say, the shooter lane switch without getting your finger slammed by the coil firing, can't do that. To enable the switches, you also enable the coils - so you're SOL.

#7367 3 years ago
Quoted from Maiden:

Here's how I installed mine: https://www.flippers.be/iron_maiden_eddie.html

#7368 3 years ago

Thats an interesting idea....to have the piece of mind eddie over the popbumpers, similar to what people do with the neca figure. I really like that the left leg gets supported by the wireform, since all of my eddies have bent over.

#7369 3 years ago

Just outta curiosity have any music pins in the past added new songs with a new code ?

#7370 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Just outta curiosity have any music pins in the past added new songs with a new code ?

Metallica did.

#7371 3 years ago

Kiss did also

#7372 3 years ago

Sweet !!! I don’t feel Team Keith would ignore a code update even with how busy they are .Not on this machine as it’s really close to perfection .This will always be theyre breakthrough game treat it as such boys!

#7373 3 years ago

Shout out to Mancave for the awesome flipper toppers. Great price, shipped immediately, and got them from Australia faster than lots of domestic shippers. I love them. Thanks sir!

873841BA-F28D-45DB-9772-0D9C68778AE9 (resized).jpeg873841BA-F28D-45DB-9772-0D9C68778AE9 (resized).jpeg89B0A7A4-92EB-4E1B-BB92-357F02187533 (resized).jpeg89B0A7A4-92EB-4E1B-BB92-357F02187533 (resized).jpeg9C60E922-63BA-4DFB-B19F-EFEF2AA8DECA (resized).jpeg9C60E922-63BA-4DFB-B19F-EFEF2AA8DECA (resized).jpegEA7AF060-064C-4FC7-8C7B-716820182F2B (resized).jpegEA7AF060-064C-4FC7-8C7B-716820182F2B (resized).jpeg
#7374 3 years ago

He does great work, just got this shooter rod from him and couldn't be happier.

20200929_140353 (resized).jpg20200929_140353 (resized).jpg
#7375 3 years ago

Well, We know one LE has a good home.....

#7376 3 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Shout out to Mancave for the awesome flipper toppers. Great price, shipped immediately, and got them from Australia faster than lots of domestic shippers. I love them. Thanks sir!

Quoted from Knackers:

He does great work, just got this shooter rod from him and couldn't be happier.

Cheers Guys. much appreciate the kind words and great to know that you dig them

#7377 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

exploit in IMDN. start icarus, start mummy, cradle up, wait for ball save to expire, let a ball drain, you've now frozen all the timers. I simply hit left and right ramps a few times and was getting 1B and 2B a shot. double flip, anything that plays an animation will kill it. stern know...

Cannot get this to work at all. Anyone else try it?

#7378 3 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

Yep. Just haven't been successful posting big scores because I keep hitting the power jackpot which starts the timers again.

#7379 3 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

I just tried it on a Pro. First time hit the power jackpot first shot before 1 ramp. Second try I got 1 ramp shot in before something started the timer back up. the timer did lock up both times.

#7380 3 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

I tried a couple times on a premium, and I couldn't keep the timers locked up. Not exactly sure what I'm doing wrong. If you have to keep hitting the ramps and nothing else, then that's probably my problem. Has anyone posted a video of this yet?

#7381 3 years ago

...code update gotta be soon....

#7382 3 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

I tried a couple times on a premium, and I couldn't keep the timers locked up. Not exactly sure what I'm doing wrong. If you have to keep hitting the ramps and nothing else, then that's probably my problem. Has anyone posted a video of this yet?

The ramps is how you rack up your score, but you can miss. The only thing you can’t do is hit a shot that will trigger an animation. Examples are power jackpot, center bullseye, trooper lock, etc.

#7383 3 years ago

That’s way better and eliminates the hunched over effect. Thanks.

#7384 3 years ago

Finally beat the bastad. I've battled him like 10 times or more easily. This day I win.

PXL_20201002_021746395 (resized).jpgPXL_20201002_021746395 (resized).jpg
#7385 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Finally beat the bastad. I've battled him like 10 times or more easily. This day I win.
[quoted image]

Dimples

#7386 3 years ago

I must of missed some posts here recently in the last few weeks. How the hell are some of you putting up these massive high scores??

#7387 3 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I must of missed some posts here recently in the last few weeks. How the hell are some of you putting up these massive high scores??

Scroll back 1 page. Scoring exploit/bug in the game.

#7388 3 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Tried it a few times and could never get the timer to lock. I even hit a couple of ramp shots with nothing special score wise. A video of it in action would be nice.

#7390 3 years ago

It's really quite simple to trigger.

1. Start Icarus
2. Immediately start Mummy MB
3. Trap up both balls.
4. Let ball save timer expire.
5. Shoot the RIGHT ramp, then drain the other ball.
6. Timers are now frozen.

#7391 3 years ago

... and do not double flip

#7392 3 years ago

Man I found it pretty easy to set up, just can't seem to do anything with it!

Side note I've been wanting to try this forever and finally found it

PXL_20201002_031152416.jpgPXL_20201002_031152416.jpg
#7393 3 years ago

Got the exploit going with 3X running.

Hit 2 ramps and died.

#7394 3 years ago

So this exploit is far from "hit a few ramps and get billions of points!". It appears it offers little to no advantage to the average player. I watched over an hour of the Twitch video linked and I'm not sure he got any more points than normal and he seemed like a better than average player. I'd like to see a video of someone pulling it off and scoring big. I'm going to try a few more times tonight, but I'm not holding my breath. On a positive note, it did get me playing my Maiden again. Such a great game!

#7395 3 years ago

Finished up with printing and painting my undead Anubis, and decided to add some torches as well. Finally installed Piece of Mind Eddie too, love the pop bumpers make the chains rattle and the sound plays as well.

IMG_20201003_110207 (resized).jpgIMG_20201003_110207 (resized).jpgIMG_20201003_110217 (resized).jpgIMG_20201003_110217 (resized).jpgIMG_20201003_110301 (resized).jpgIMG_20201003_110301 (resized).jpgIMG_20201003_110311 (resized).jpgIMG_20201003_110311 (resized).jpg

#7396 3 years ago
Quoted from Rik_:

Finished up with printing and painting my undead Anubis, and decided to add some torches as well. Finally installed Piece of Mind Eddie too, love the pop bumpers make the chains rattle and the sound plays as well.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great !! Did it come with the torches ?

#7397 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Looks great !! Did it come with the torches ?

I actually printed it all on my 3d printer. A lot of trial and error, and much use of a Dremel lol

#7398 3 years ago

OK, tried the exploit, but it didn't seem to work, but unsure if i found a glitch or if thats how the game is supposed to be. Ended up with 1.2B which is my best yet

Collected trooper
Collected cyborg
Finished modes, got 2 mins to midnight, collected super jackpot
Concentrated on getting mummy (started it with icarus at the start of the game and didn't even get one letter lit!)
Started mummy, got 3 letters, down to one ball
Relight battle with ramp shots
Hit centre ramp and 2 mins to midnight started again??????

Is that whats meant to happen, i thought i would have had to play all the modes again first

#7399 3 years ago

My right lightning flasher has been out .Was looking for a little help is there anything to check out before I order the part .Thanks

127635F7-13A5-441C-85FF-0CB1F8FE7738 (resized).jpeg127635F7-13A5-441C-85FF-0CB1F8FE7738 (resized).jpeg
#7400 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

My right lightning flasher has been out .Was looking for a little help is there anything to check out before I order the part .Thanks

Could be the connection with the socket?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.50
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

There are 15,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/148?hl=supersquid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.