(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,838 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 317.
#7301 3 years ago

Had a weird issue happen earlier. The right loop stopped registering for some reason so I checked everything and confirmed the opto was not functioning. I just got it a couple of weeks ago and it’s a new build so I figured a loose wire was the cause, but no dice. Was about to give up and make the call to get a new sensor when it all of a sudden it started working again. Has anyone ever had that happen? Also, is there a way to tweak the shooter lane so the auto plunge consistently makes it through the loop? Ends up either hitting the flipper or outside orbit entrance half the time, but a manual plunge works fine. Other than that, I’m having an absolute blast and can’t seem to get enough. Unfortunately my poor TMNT is starting to collect dust, lol.

#7302 3 years ago

I put a couple of layers of gun stain on it (it's wood filament), really brought out the details and made it look antique... stepped outside to smoke and let it dry before I put some poly on it..came back in to it being gone. I'm guessing one of the dogs ate it, but neither are fessing up. Back to the drawing board I guess, and another 1/2 day of printing. :/

#7303 3 years ago
Quoted from remf:

Had a weird issue happen earlier. The right loop stopped registering for some reason so I checked everything and confirmed the opto was not functioning. I just got it a couple of weeks ago and it’s a new build so I figured a loose wire was the cause, but no dice. Was about to give up and make the call to get a new sensor when it all of a sudden it started working again. Has anyone ever had that happen? Also, is there a way to tweak the shooter lane so the auto plunge consistently makes it through the loop? Ends up either hitting the flipper or outside orbit entrance half the time, but a manual plunge works fine. Other than that, I’m having an absolute blast and can’t seem to get enough. Unfortunately my poor TMNT is starting to collect dust, lol.

There is an adjustment screw along the shooter lane by the turn that can help, I also found adjusting the auto plunge power in the menu can help. I still get about 10% missing. I think there are some mods you can do as well that fixes the issue, either in this thread or the mod thread they mention them.

#7304 3 years ago
Quoted from Rik_:

There is an adjustment screw along the shooter lane by the turn that can help, I also found adjusting the auto plunge power in the menu can help. I still get about 10% missing. I think there are some mods you can do as well that fixes the issue, either in this thread or the mod thread they mention them.

After looking at it more it’s hitting the flipper almost every time. I turned down the power, but that didn’t work so I’ll try that. One thing I did notice is the flipper is slightly off center of the dot so I’m wondering if that’s part of the problem as well. I’ll try your way first and will go from there. Thanks for the tip.

#7305 3 years ago

pinmonk has an epic Anubis already...

https://pinmonk.com/collections/iron-maiden-stern/products/iron-maiden-3d-anubis-kit

Anubis_foam_packaging_1024x1024@2x (resized).jpgAnubis_foam_packaging_1024x1024@2x (resized).jpg

#7306 3 years ago

Thanks for the plug. A little DIY never hurt anyone, though, and I'm jealous of his version's beefier ears. Going back and reinforcing the ones on mine is forever on my to-do list, I just never get it done. Those and the gem/crown over the brow are the only part of the model that's fragile.

#7307 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks for the plug. A little DIY never hurt anyone, though, and I'm jealous of his version's beefier ears. Going back and reinforcing the ones on mine is forever on my to-do list, I just never get it done. Those and the gem/crown over the brow are the only part of the model that's fragile.

I got the idea to try it out after seeing yours, yours is awesome! (And made of much better material!)

I would love to say it's my design, but it's not. It's from an undead egypt chess set I found on thingiverse, scaled up and the base sliced off. (So no, I am not selling them to who ever asked that earlier...at least I hope that's what you were mentioning lol)

#7308 3 years ago

Man get your minds out of the gutter it was a field of dreams reference lmao

#7309 3 years ago

I paid about $75-80 for all of these with shipping (they're all from different shops).

Get them all now for $50 USD and free shipping anywhere in Canada or the US.

Pharoah plastic protector - $15
https://mezelmods.com/products/iron-maiden-pinball-pharaoh-plastic-protector?variant=12353715241057

Opto and ball trap kit - $18
https://www.pinballlife.com/iron-maiden-upgrade-kit.html

Cliffy scoop protector - $21

PM if interested.

IMG_20200917_015209 (resized).jpgIMG_20200917_015209 (resized).jpg

#7310 3 years ago
Quoted from remf:

After looking at it more it’s hitting the flipper almost every time. I turned down the power, but that didn’t work so I’ll try that. One thing I did notice is the flipper is slightly off center of the dot so I’m wondering if that’s part of the problem as well. I’ll try your way first and will go from there. Thanks for the tip.

I replaced my upper flipper with a lightning flipper. Made a world of difference and the loop shot geometry didn’t seem to change much.

#7311 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I replaced my upper flipper with a lightning flipper. Made a world of difference and the loop shot geometry didn’t seem to change much.

That is a pretty good idea, I'll have to give it a try as I had to adjust the angle on my upper flipper to keep it from being struck by the ball launch.

#7312 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

So I finally got to put some time into my Maiden and am noticing some pretty distinct speaker crackling. It doesn't seem to happen on the music, only on the SFX and things that use a lot of bass. I've seen some references to people putting in a dedicated amp for crackling at high volume, but I'm only playing at around volume 9... Is an amp the solution here or is there something else that could be causing this?

I've noticed some similar issues for a long time as well, I think since the last code update. The music sounds a bit hollow or distant, and some of the sound effects seem mixed too loud and cause a bit of distortion or crackling. The voice callouts sound perfect though. It hasn't been significant enough for me to try much besides messing with audio settings a bit, which didn't really help much. I'm also not playing it overly loud either, volume 11.

Did you end up finding a solution without adding/changing hardware? Anyone else feel free to chime in also.

#7313 3 years ago
Quoted from EricR:

I've noticed some similar issues for a long time as well, I think since the last code update. The music sounds a bit hollow or distant, and some of the sound effects seem mixed too loud and cause a bit of distortion or crackling. The voice callouts sound perfect though. It hasn't been significant enough for me to try much besides messing with audio settings a bit, which didn't really help much. I'm also not playing it overly loud either, volume 11.
Did you end up finding a solution without adding/changing hardware? Anyone else feel free to chime in also.

I do not understand why Stern doesn't mix the sound in software to prevent additive clipping. It makes no sense. A software mixer with auto limiting would stop all the clipping nonsense and they could use it as a plug-in on every title.

#7314 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I do not understand why Stern doesn't mix the sound in software to prevent additive clipping. It makes no sense. A software mixer with auto limiting would stop all the clipping nonsense and they could use it as a plug-in on every title.

Cost

#7315 3 years ago

But you only pay the software development cost ONCE. It would pay for itself within the first year, two at the most. It would save all the time spent chasing clipping audio problems on every new title and all of it would sound better overall because all the sources would be properly mixed before being sent to the amplfier and speakers. Transparently.

#7316 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But you only pay the software development cost ONCE. It would pay for itself within the first year, two at the most. It would save all the time spent chasing clipping audio problems on every new title and all of it would sound better overall because all the sources would be properly mixed before being sent to the amplfier and speakers. Transparently.

The answer is not cost. They just don't give a shit. Demand for shit products is high.

Sound engineer: "Gary, we really gotta fix this sound. It's clipping. Listen to this."

Gary: "Are you kidding? These guys would buy it if the only sounds were clipped burps and farts. And I have a tee time in 20. Ship it!"

#7317 3 years ago

I can't believe that no one else has had this problem? This is now my second piece of mind eddie that has slowly bent over. The plastic/rubber/whatever it is, just isn't rigid enough to support its own weight...this is mind blogging.

20200920_113003 (resized).jpg20200920_113003 (resized).jpg

20200920_113254 (resized).jpg20200920_113254 (resized).jpg

20200920_113425 (resized).jpg20200920_113425 (resized).jpg

#7318 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I can't believe that no one else has had this problem?

There have been other posts about this, though it's been awhile.

#7319 3 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

I remember someone posting about the robot Eddie's guns sagging, from memory cause they are close to a light source. I don't recall the piece of mind Eddie sagging though.

#7320 3 years ago

Just got my NIB Iron Maiden pro and love it!
Looking for Mummy Fist side Rails if anyone knows of any it's appreciated

DEE5B976-4B44-4675-8298-812430A01E78 (resized).jpegDEE5B976-4B44-4675-8298-812430A01E78 (resized).jpeg
#7321 3 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Looking for Mummy Fist side Rails if anyone knows of any it's appreciated [quoted image]

Welcome to the club. Looks great beside Rob Zombie. Now you need a Metallica to complete the Metal Trifecta! Enjoy the pin.

#7322 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Welcome to the club. Looks great beside Rob Zombie. Now you need a Metallica to complete the Metal Trifecta! Enjoy the pin.

It's in the other side Thank you

#7323 3 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

Yeah...it was my own posts from the first time that it happened....

#7324 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I can't believe that no one else has had this problem? This is now my second piece of mind eddie that has slowly bent over. The plastic/rubber/whatever it is, just isn't rigid enough to support its own weight...this is mind blogging.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That’s crazy. I recall someone else having that problem as well. I’ve had mine on my pro at least a year, and no problems

#7325 3 years ago

Hi Everyone, question for everyone. My ramp screws on my Iron Maiden keep loosening up. I was thinking of using Loctite but I thought it might be a little too strong to undo at a later date. Any suggestions?

Thanks

#7326 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I remember someone posting about the robot Eddie's guns sagging, from memory cause they are close to a light source. I don't recall the piece of mind Eddie sagging though.

Yeah that was me. " hunch back Eddie"
I purchased one of these for my pro from pinball life. I thought something looked off. They compared this to the others they had in stock and said they were all like that . Way to go stern!
I ended up getting a proper standing one from another Pinside member.

#7327 3 years ago
Quoted from arkin:

Hi Everyone, question for everyone. My ramp screws on my Iron Maiden keep loosening up. I was thinking of using Loctite but I thought it might be a little too strong to undo at a later date. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Which screws?

#7328 3 years ago

Got this from Pinball Heaven (uk) today - don’t go without folks!

Kudos to PH as I’m the second owner so no obligation to support me.

14380AE4-0E29-488A-AEEE-2AE7F2F6EDB6 (resized).jpeg14380AE4-0E29-488A-AEEE-2AE7F2F6EDB6 (resized).jpeg
#7329 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Which screws?

The three screws that cover the ramp for the underworld.

#7330 3 years ago
Quoted from arkin:

The three screws that cover the ramp for the underworld.

Go ahead and apply a little Blue Loctite to those, won't be an issue to remove them later. Don't use Red though.

#7331 3 years ago

Anyone hear anything about code update? Been a while since any chatter about it

#7332 3 years ago

"Where's the code Keith!?!?"

#7333 3 years ago

Can someone explain the left light in the pop bumpers. First I thought it was a bad light board, but it comes on every now and then. Looking at a couple of videos of other peoples games, it seems this is a feature, not a bug, but for the life of me I don't understand the logic of when that pop bumper light comes on, why it is off to begin with, etc. Teach me pinball wizards.

Mike

#7334 3 years ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

Can someone explain the left light in the pop bumpers. First I thought it was a bad light board, but it comes on every now and then. Looking at a couple of videos of other peoples games, it seems this is a feature, not a bug, but for the life of me I don't understand the logic of when that pop bumper light comes on, why it is off to begin with, etc. Teach me pinball wizards.
Mike

It's a flasher, not a standard light.

#7335 3 years ago

I believe it flashes when Power Pops is active.

#7336 3 years ago

Best game yet ...still no battle but it’s coming !!

9C460DF0-7A1E-488B-B647-6926C8EF00F2 (resized).jpeg9C460DF0-7A1E-488B-B647-6926C8EF00F2 (resized).jpeg
#7337 3 years ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

Mike

Thanks for asking this question as I was literally looking at my pin closer last night and I was like why is that pop bumper light not on. I was ready to replace the bulb so glad to hear that it’s normal for that to be off when it’s idle.

#7338 3 years ago

Code update coming to fix a huge exploit! Credit to World Champion Escher Lekoff.

Credit to Zach Parks for telling me about this and credit to Zach McCarthy for figuring out the best way of maximizing the scoring.

To keep things short, you can completely freeze every timer in flight of icarus. Not only does the mode timer not run, the combo timer wont run either meaning you can get insane scores very quickly. I’m not 100% sure if playfield X’s time out or not, but there’s a chance they will freeze as well.

The set-up is actually quite easy. All you have to do is start mummy stacked in with icarus (works on both prem and pro). You immediately cradle up and time out the ballsaver. Hit the right ramp once and drain one of the balls and cradle up again without hitting anything. The animation of the Mummy total will come up, and now the game is temporarily soft-locked.

Now the catch to it is that it is very delicate, and random things will unlock you from the state. For example, sometimes completing a power jackpot will unlock the game, and other times it will not. Any major animation will unlock it like collecting a power jackpot or locking a trooper ball. Hitting both flippers together will unlock it and sometimes it will random unlock itself.

The scoring potential is insane, and Zach McCarthy already has multiple games over the 10b mark. I would love to see a game get past a trillion before it gets patched. Let me know if you have any questions on getting it to work and I can provide a video if needed. Good luck!

Stern is already aware of the bug, and it will hopefully be patched soon.

Zach McCarthy’s best, 2b icarus and 16b in TMTM.

#7339 3 years ago

Have to make a huge shout-out to arkin for helping he get my anubis looking absolutely amazing!!!

Thanks so much...

And of course, PinMonk for making the anubis in the first place.

You guys rock!

PXL_20200926_154856684 (resized).jpgPXL_20200926_154856684 (resized).jpg
#7340 3 years ago

Now just need to find time to install. Came to abement to do it, but got called upstairs immediately.... The joys of having a toddler on a Saturday.

#7341 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Have to make a huge shout-out to arkin for helping he get my anubis looking absolutely amazing!!!
Thanks so much...
And of course, vireland for making the anubis in the first place.
You guys rock!
[quoted image]

That looks incredible, very nice! Mine’s still sitting in the box because I don’t have the nerve to mess it up with my lack of painting skills

#7342 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

That looks incredible, very nice! Mine’s still sitting in the box because I don’t have the nerve to mess it up with my lack of painting skills

I totally hear you on that, hence I had arkins help. Love local camaraderie

#7343 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Thanks so much...
And of course, vireland for making the anubis in the first place.
You guys rock!
[quoted image]

Wow. I wouldn't have the paitence to do that level of detailing!

Quoted from darkryder:

The easiest thing to do is just make a black wash by mixing a little acrylic paint with water and then wiping it over the figure so the black gets into the cracks and ages it. It's very forgiving because if you don't like how it turned out, you can just rinse it off before it dries and try again. Once it dries it's permanent.

#7344 3 years ago

Iron Maiden fun fact I never noticed - the upper right flipper coil is a LOT bigger than the two main lower flipper coils. I've been doing coil temp testing for the cooling kit and was adding the upper coils to the test and was like, "whoa, I never noticed how much bigger this coil is!"

#7345 3 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Looking for Mummy Fist side Rails if anyone knows of any it's appreciated [quoted image]

I do believe pu-parts.com have the side rails on stock. They are located in Germany is must add.

#7346 3 years ago

IMG_0709 (resized).JPGIMG_0709 (resized).JPG

#7347 3 years ago

exploit in IMDN. start icarus, start mummy, cradle up, wait for ball save to expire, let a ball drain, you've now frozen all the timers. I simply hit left and right ramps a few times and was getting 1B and 2B a shot. double flip, anything that plays an animation will kill it. stern know...

#7348 3 years ago

2ACAC31B-C6BA-4DDF-8A71-CE1AA29D23C3 (resized).jpeg2ACAC31B-C6BA-4DDF-8A71-CE1AA29D23C3 (resized).jpeg

Big scores now being put up.

#7349 3 years ago

Running into a weird issue with my right ramp opto that hopefully someone can help out with. For some reason it stopped working a few games ago so I looked at the wiring and nothing was out of the ordinary. Checked the soldering and no issues there. The one thing I did notice though is the little red led light is dimmer than the left ramp opto. It will get bright from time to time during game play so I’m wondering if it’s a power issue or the is opto dying. Are optos on Stern’s prone to having issues?

#7350 3 years ago
Quoted from remf:

Running into a weird issue with my right ramp opto that hopefully someone can help out with. For some reason it stopped working a few games ago so I looked at the wiring and nothing was out of the ordinary. Checked the soldering and no issues there. The one thing I did notice though is the little red led light is dimmer than the left ramp opto. It will get bright from time to time during game play so I’m wondering if it’s a power issue or the is opto dying. Are optos on Stern’s prone to having issues?

Yes.

It sounds like the wire to the opto has broken, at least partially, inside the insulation and is making intermittent contact. This is not unusual for Stern optos. Try wiggling the wires to the opto while in switch test to see if it triggers them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Wanted
Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/147?hl=monkeyboypaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.