(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,827 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png
IMG_6818 (resized).png
IMG_6737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6730 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6733 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240416_160659390.MP (resized).jpg
25d6415bd4f5ee62b5604e3e73d30ef0bdc2c8d0 (resized).jpg
72038EF4-8215-4C19-B733-688FFB33D320 (resized).jpeg
8820CDAA-4B0B-4D67-844D-8D3197E44344 (resized).jpeg
B267A7B9-3222-426E-B14A-09BCED66716E (resized).jpeg
EEEBA8AA-85EA-4EBE-9123-16F1A419FDC4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6704 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,827 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 317.
#7251 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Relax. It’s going to happen. 2 major things popped up that delayed the code.
Covid.
Avengers. This game was bumped up the in production, thus shifting priorities.

I'm plenty relaxed, but our update was supposed to hit once JP got to 1.0. We got pushed said by multiple JP updates and Avengers. Hopefully we'll get something nice added since this is taking so long.

#7252 3 years ago

New GC! Got to the Beast for the second time!

B9C8E86F-6E4D-4D83-A0AA-80D67034B154 (resized).jpegB9C8E86F-6E4D-4D83-A0AA-80D67034B154 (resized).jpeg
#7253 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Just reset your scores than. Also consider turning the auto reset down. It defaults to 2000 plays. You can turn it down real low and put initials in all the time.
If Stern goes the daily score route, I hope you can disable it. I get that it might be fun for newbs but I just find it annoying. I don't really know anyone who actually plays pinball that puts their real initials in there. It's always just AAAAAAAAAAA

Quoted from ectobar:

Just reset your scores than. Also consider turning the auto reset down. It defaults to 2000 plays. You can turn it down real low and put initials in all the time.
If Stern goes the daily score route, I hope you can disable it. I get that it might be fun for newbs but I just find it annoying. I don't really know anyone who actually plays pinball that puts their real initials in there. It's always just AAAAAAAAAAA

Quoted from ectobar:

For the kids E but thanks for the tip

#7254 3 years ago

I've had a couple of requests for the flipper topper set i made and i did actually make 14 sets in total after i completed the proto types that were in the machine pics. I've got these listed on Fleabay but i would do them somewhat cheaper outside of there, the sellers fee's are BS really at 10% cut, not to mention they also take a cut from the postage price these days
Hit me up in PM if anyone is interested and i'll supply details, etc.
I sold a few already locally from a pinball FB page i'm on and currently down to 11 sets. Not sure when i will do more once these are gone as i will need to redo the molds due to a resin fark up with the originals

#7255 3 years ago

Trying to change out the hex posts under each newton ball for the recommended ‘pointy’ version... Orb went fine but this happens for the mummy target!

Happened all too easily. Not sure how I’m going to get that ball off now, think I need to get the metal ring off somehow. FML

389DEE1B-2B82-4A71-AB02-0228EECF37FD (resized).jpeg389DEE1B-2B82-4A71-AB02-0228EECF37FD (resized).jpeg
#7256 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Happened all too easily. Not sure how I’m going to get that ball off now, think I need to get the metal ring off somehow. FML

snapped the shaft....like WOW!!
Should be able to just undo those 2 nuts and remove that lower plate i'm guessing but never had to change mine.

#7257 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

snapped the shaft....like WOW!!
Should be able to just undo those 2 nuts and remove that lower plate i'm guessing but never had to change mine.

Reckon that lower plate disc is also screwed on, looking at the newton ball thread length.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

So I've somehow got to unscrew the disc from the thread - which requires holding 2 very round objects in place...

That, or i dremel through the shaft. New Ball has been ordered.

#7258 3 years ago

I just had mine off to replace the crappy switches in the sarcophagus. The metal ring, number 8, screws off. Unless you severely botched up the threads, you should be able to just hold it with your finger tips and unscrew it from the top by the ball (3). Take bolts 7 off and you will be able to grip it with some pliers, but be careful, as you clearly don't know your own strength and I would hate for you to break that as well

#7259 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I just had mine off to replace the crappy switches in the sarcophagus. The metal ring, number 8, screws off. Unless you severely botched up the threads, you should be able to just hold it with your finger tips and unscrew it from the top by the ball (3). Take bolts 7 off and you will be able to grip it with some pliers, but be careful, as you clearly don't know your own strength and I would hate for you to break that as well

Chances are the thread will be affected so the ring won't just come away without a fight, but we'll see.

If only i could contain this superhuman strength...

#7260 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Update will be scant. Bug fixes and nothing else, and who knows when.
They need to churn out more games before this monopoly and renaissance ends.

Do you know this for a fact?? I thought someone previously indicated that there was more depth coming.

If it turns out to be true then it's a real kick in the balls to Maiden owners

#7261 3 years ago

Hell, id be happy with bug fixes and a nerfed loop extra ball.
Id be over the moon if we got a new track or two with the new jukebox mode Stern is implementing going forward.

#7262 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Id be over the moon if we got a new track or two with the new jukebox mode Stern is implementing going forward.

With you there dude.

There was a recent podcast with the Stern code guy where he hinted at other things coming, such as developments with the death blows. So I hope we see a little bit more than what Tranquilize is suggesting.

#7263 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

You can change the loop extra ball count in the game settings. I set mine to 30 and I've enjoyed the change.

#7264 3 years ago

Been having this issue for a long time. Finally seeking help from the great folks here at Pinside!

So, my ball gets hung up quite frequently, resulting in having to pull the glass, and manually retrieve the ball. Impossible to shake loose without tilting. Anyway, when the ball goes up the center ramp, quite often when it drops of the ramp, it'll get caught there, alternatively, it will sometimes get stuck with a perfect weak orbit shot. Frustrating, can't figure out why. Pitch is at 7 degrees so it shouldn't be that. Pic attached to show where I'm talking about. Appreciate any help in advance.

IM Ball Hangup (resized).jpgIM Ball Hangup (resized).jpg
#7265 3 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Been having this issue for a long time. Finally seeking help from the great folks here at Pinside!
So, my ball gets hung up quite frequently, resulting in having to pull the glass, and manually retrieve the ball. Impossible to shake loose without tilting. Anyway, when the ball goes up the center ramp, quite often when it drops of the ramp, it'll get caught there, alternatively, it will sometimes get stuck with a perfect weak orbit shot. Frustrating, can't figure out why. Pitch is at 7 degrees so it shouldn't be that. Pic attached to show where I'm talking about. Appreciate any help in advance.
[quoted image]

It's the mylar there. It gets chewed up, eventually enough to stop a slow-moving ball. There's a kit with a metal protector you can ask Stern for that was issued as a fix to stop this. It does. If you click on the topic index at the top of any page in this thread, there's a link there to a post with a picture of the kit and the part number so you know what to ask Stern (or your distributor) for.

#7266 3 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

[quoted image]

Not 100% sure but I believe this was a known issue with earlier releases and newer ones have an extra piece of metal up there to avoid beating and reduce chance of stick. I would guess stern would send you one to install upon request.

#7267 3 years ago
Quoted from truthdivides:

You can change the loop extra ball count in the game settings. I set mine to 30 and I've enjoyed the change.

Well yeah, if i wanted to cheat

#7268 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's the mylar there. It gets chewed up, eventually enough to stop a slow-moving ball. There's a kit with a metal protector you can ask Stern for that was issued as a fix to stop this. It does. If you click on the topic index at the top of any page in this thread, there's a link there to a post with a picture of the kit and the part number so you know what to ask Stern (or your distributor) for.

Awesome, thanks so much!!

#7269 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Well yeah, if i wanted to cheat

Complaining about a setting that is within your power to change and refusing to adjust it doesn't make a lot of sense. You paid a bunch of money for the machine. Set it up so you get the most enjoyment out of it.

#7270 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

I watched a couple vids while I waited on my kit to arrive. The instructions on speakerlightkits were good though.
Watch "Pinball Mods # 62 : SPEAKER LIGHT KIT INSTALL : SPIKE 2 STAR WARS PREMIUM" on YouTube
Watch "Pinball Mod Install: Color Changing Speaker Lights by speakerlightkits.com" on YouTube [quoted image]

I saw this post and ordered the same kit from Doug as they look awesome. I was wondering what speakers you have installed?

#7271 3 years ago

I bought the Piece of Mind eddie from PBL along with the bracket for it:
https://www.pinballlife.com/iron-maiden-peace-of-mind-eddie-plastic-kit.html

https://www.pinballlife.com/iron-maiden-piece-of-mind-eddie-figure.html

Has anyone else mounted this? If so, what glue did you use? Or are there any other suggestions? Thanks!

#7272 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I bought the Piece of Mind eddie from PBL along with the bracket for it:
https://www.pinballlife.com/iron-maiden-peace-of-mind-eddie-plastic-kit.html
https://www.pinballlife.com/iron-maiden-piece-of-mind-eddie-figure.html
Has anyone else mounted this? If so, what glue did you use? Or are there any other suggestions? Thanks!

I believe the purpose of the mounting kit is for there to be no need for glue.

#7273 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I believe the purpose of the mounting kit is for there to be no need for glue.

No, the link to the kit specifically says:

Please note: Eddie figure must be glued to the plastic for mounting.

#7274 3 years ago

If you need something to hold a toy or figure try craft putty. It has always worked well for me, and is completely removable if you decide to make a change.

#7275 3 years ago

Complaining about a setting that is within your power to change and refusing to adjust it doesn't make a lot of sense. You paid a bunch of money for the machine. Set it up so you get the most enjoyment out of it.

I see your point, but enjoyment is subjective. It's great that you can adjust the settings to increase your personal enjoyment, but some folks like myself enjoy comparing their scores to others, which is difficult with unique settings. Not everybody thinks it is cheating, but for those that do it really makes the game less fun to stray far from default.

If changed the loop extra ball to be more attainable, and reached run to the hills using it, I'd feel like I cheated because I did not get there using the rules that the game designer chose as default.

I don't think it's cheating to change code for personal enjoyment, but I think it makes the scores you reach meaningless to others.

#7276 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunder90:

I see your point, but enjoyment is subjective. It's great that you can adjust the settings to increase your personal enjoyment, but some folks like myself enjoy comparing their scores to others, which is difficult with unique settings. Not everybody thinks it is cheating, but for those that do it really makes the game less fun to stray far from default.
If changed the loop extra ball to be more attainable, and reached run to the hills using it, I'd feel like I cheated because I did not get there using the rules that the game designer chose as default.
I don't think it's cheating to change code for personal enjoyment, but I think it makes the scores you reach meaningless to others.

You already can't compare scores between pins anyway. They all play slightly different, and there are about 1000 different variations between pins. Things like different rubbers, tilt sensitivity, outlanes, pitch, coil power, how clean they are, waxed or not, etc.

#7277 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

You already can't compare scores between pins anyway. They all play slightly different, and there are about 1000 different variations between pins. Things like different rubbers, tilt sensitivity, outlanes, pitch, coil power, how clean they are, waxed or not, etc.

That's a good point. Those things aren't rules though so some variability is expected.

#7278 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunder90:

All valid points. Everyone gets enjoyment different ways. My initial comment was intended to let Graysonsdad know the option to change the loop extra ball existed within current code if he didn’t already know.

#7279 3 years ago

I enjoy it plenty. Its my favorite game. My brain wont accept high scores unless the game is on factory settings though. Never feels like a true accomplishment to me if i mess with the settings.

#7280 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I enjoy it plenty. Its my favorite game. My brain wont accept high scores unless the game is on factory settings though. Never feels like a true accomplishment to me if i mess with the settings.

I have been away for work not had the pleasure of playing pinball for a while.
Is there a "Directors Cut" setting for Maiden ? Say KME setting ? or something along those lines ?
Perhaps with new code there may be a option to vary game play by selecting different cuts, without messing with individual settings ?

#7281 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I say mess with them, that’s why the devs put them there in the first place. Pinball is meant to be tweaked to your liking. At least toy with it, see how you like it; if it becomes too easy, scale it back some and/or tweak some other settings to compensate. Have fun with it.

#7282 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I say mess with them, that’s why the devs put them there in the first place. Pinball is meant to be tweaked to your liking. At least toy with it, see how you like it; if it becomes too easy, scale it back some and/or tweak some other settings to compensate. Have fun with it.

Speaking of, how are the lightning flippers treating you?

#7283 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Speaking of, how are the lightning flippers treating you?

Haha loving it actually! Just getting to cyber multiball is a challenge. I actually drained with the beast lit the other night, so pissed lol.

#7284 3 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Do you know this for a fact?? I thought someone previously indicated that there was more depth coming.
If it turns out to be true then it's a real kick in the balls to Maiden owners

Pure speculation. They are working their teams like crazy. Updates for older games will get pushed back and be less thorough. Just my guess.

#7285 3 years ago

Im no insider but werent we told last winter that the next Maiden update was basically ready but waiting on some JP 1.0 finishing touches? I think (hope) its taken so long because there is a big surprise coming. I mean, you never forget your first....right Keith?

#7286 3 years ago

Yes, initially we were waiting on JP 1.0, then AIQ took precedent after that.

#7287 3 years ago

2 months owner of this gem of a game and finally got to battle the beast for a first time, failed off course but my time will come. Also did not beat my GC. Still nice to finally progress to this stage of the game.
Hunting for more battles now i got a taste of the mode.

20200912_164147 (resized).jpg20200912_164147 (resized).jpg20200912_164756 (resized).jpg20200912_164756 (resized).jpg
#7288 3 years ago

Added IMLB to the stable yesterday, 2nd owner mint HUO with a couple of mods (shaker, headphone jack, light strips, a few toys). Played it so much yesterday I can't move my wrists today lol. Up the Irons!!!

IMG_20200912_104328 (resized).jpgIMG_20200912_104328 (resized).jpg
#7289 3 years ago

Can someone please tell me the name of the powder coat on the Iron Maiden LE?

Thanks!
Adam.

#7290 3 years ago

Just wondering is the ramp supposed to be off centered like this ? Where right post is in the ramp entry ?

A05BD697-4C9B-4E59-98D3-F83F0ACD3A36 (resized).jpegA05BD697-4C9B-4E59-98D3-F83F0ACD3A36 (resized).jpegC9CB91E7-9FF7-4CE1-8BFD-A9A07CC8371E (resized).jpegC9CB91E7-9FF7-4CE1-8BFD-A9A07CC8371E (resized).jpegFE160F49-3895-4270-ADA3-2FDDC257ABC8 (resized).jpegFE160F49-3895-4270-ADA3-2FDDC257ABC8 (resized).jpeg
#7291 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Just wondering is the ramp supposed to be off centered like this ? Where right post is in the ramp entry

Looks to be the same as my premium yup.

#7292 3 years ago

Thanks to Thomo666 for sending me pics of the flipper topper set i designed/made. The machine photos i put up in an earlier post were of the prototypes which were altered slightly during the painting phase. I started with 14 sets and i'm now down to 8 so if anyone is interested then you're welcome to PM me for details. As mentioned previously i will sell these somewhat less than they are listed on Ebay. Here's the link to the Ebay listing if anyone wants to check it out on there.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/143726444757?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

119144520_2618941825085884_4547564982030386067_n (resized).jpg119144520_2618941825085884_4547564982030386067_n (resized).jpg119578677_632379887462934_5290075809407589178_n (resized).jpg119578677_632379887462934_5290075809407589178_n (resized).jpg119631838_1435969363257508_4013675645284132168_n (resized).jpg119631838_1435969363257508_4013675645284132168_n (resized).jpg

#7293 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Looks to be the same as my premium yup.

Damn was hoping I might not suck

#7294 3 years ago

Parts for sale... Pharoah plastic protector, Cliffy scoop protector, and ball trap and opto fix kit.

PM if interested.

IMG_20200917_015209 (resized).jpgIMG_20200917_015209 (resized).jpg
#7295 3 years ago

Anyone know where I can buy just the pop bumper cap plastics?

#7296 3 years ago

Trying my hand at 3d printing a half skull Anubis bust to replace the awful plastic one. Needs some cleanup and paint, but I think I like it!

IMG_20200918_095618 (resized).jpgIMG_20200918_095618 (resized).jpgIMG_20200918_095612 (resized).jpgIMG_20200918_095612 (resized).jpgIMG_20200918_095604 (resized).jpgIMG_20200918_095604 (resized).jpg
#7297 3 years ago

Very nice work. Looks really good.

#7298 3 years ago
Quoted from Rik_:

Trying my hand at 3d printing a half skull Anubis bust to replace the awful plastic one. Needs some cleanup and paint, but I think I like it!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Paint it and we will come !!

#7299 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Paint it and we will come !!

Gross

#7300 3 years ago

Mea

Meaning I’ll buy one lmao

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 24.50
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,827 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/146?hl=djreddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.