(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,813 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Apollo18
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

25d6415bd4f5ee62b5604e3e73d30ef0bdc2c8d0 (resized).jpg
72038EF4-8215-4C19-B733-688FFB33D320 (resized).jpeg
8820CDAA-4B0B-4D67-844D-8D3197E44344 (resized).jpeg
B267A7B9-3222-426E-B14A-09BCED66716E (resized).jpeg
EEEBA8AA-85EA-4EBE-9123-16F1A419FDC4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6704 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8444 (resized).jpeg
IMNewtonBallLeaf01 (resized).jpg
IMG_5677 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5676 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,813 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 317.
#7201 3 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I've actually seen a transistor I believe go bad as I was playing a friend's Tron before I bought my own and we were talking the rules while I was holding the flipper and after probably 5 minutes it burned out.

Funny enough a friend blew a fet when he was holding a ball on my Tron lol

#7202 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Funny enough a friend blew a fet when he was holding a ball on my Tron lol

Mosfet died in my ACDC when holding a ball to take a call once. Bought about 20 of them since I had several SAM games at the time.

#7203 3 years ago

Just wear a diaper in case that big game happens !! That’s what I do ....hasn’t happened yet lmfao!

#7204 3 years ago

Tough crowd! This game should never have 3 days of silence .Anyway thanks out to Lloyd the man!!After you explained how the leaf switch works (thank you)for orb ball and passed your knowledge and your words “you don’t need a leaf switch tool “ ,I took it upon myself to look deep lmao .Ill take a pic when I pull it up to replace a lightning bolt bulb .Ill take a pic of a funny ass fix I came up with .Tools needs ....a finger and a thumb ....what to do ....bend the middle leaf in a V shape With 1/16 in space from top leaf ...result....I’ve played w kids 100 or so games with it working perfectly !!God bless Lloyd,God bless Keith ,God bless the band ,God bless spinners ,God bless Stern ,and God Bless Cyborg multiball !!!!

#7205 3 years ago

Played 4 Trooper MBs and could not for the life of me hit that SJ. Literally two shots away from fighting the Beast for the second time.

C21865B6-BE8D-4B07-A59B-02AEB0533CB0 (resized).jpegC21865B6-BE8D-4B07-A59B-02AEB0533CB0 (resized).jpeg
#7206 3 years ago
Quoted from truthdivides:

Played 4 Trooper MBs and could not for the life of me hit that SJ. Literally two shots away from fighting the Beast for the second time.
[quoted image]

Big game !!! I still blow I’m a work in progress

#7207 3 years ago

New challenge. Defeating the beast with the lightning... lightning flippers that is

6687CD9F-C8D4-4174-B838-6AB6F8865A64 (resized).jpeg6687CD9F-C8D4-4174-B838-6AB6F8865A64 (resized).jpegB1649994-2A61-49B8-8A5F-B311121282D5 (resized).jpegB1649994-2A61-49B8-8A5F-B311121282D5 (resized).jpeg

#7208 3 years ago

Just paid for my pro so I’ll be an official member when it’s delivered sometime next week. Can’t wait! It should be a new build, but is there anything I need to look out for to make there are no issues?

#7209 3 years ago

Just paid for my pro so I’ll be an official member when it’s delivered sometime next week. Can’t wait! It should be a new build, but is there anything I need to look out for to make there are no issues?</blockquote. Better clear your schedule

670727D2-C0DB-48E4-BE13-B5282FB1A045 (resized).jpeg670727D2-C0DB-48E4-BE13-B5282FB1A045 (resized).jpeg
#7210 3 years ago
Quoted from remf:

Just paid for my pro so I’ll be an official member when it’s delivered sometime next week. Can’t wait! It should be a new build, but is there anything I need to look out for to make there are no issues?

Better clear your schedule and remember to eat and drink water

300C83B3-260B-4A17-88CA-BFF97C7F728A (resized).jpeg300C83B3-260B-4A17-88CA-BFF97C7F728A (resized).jpeg
#7211 3 years ago

Ha! I work from home and I’m temporarily putting it in my office until I can get it upstairs so it’s going to be hard not to hop on for a few games throughout the day.

#7212 3 years ago

Picking up a Pro with some mods.The under cab lighting I know is torn from being transported.

Who has a good interactive light kit for IMDN? I emailed Rock Custom a few times but he seems to not be on here lately.

#7213 3 years ago

New GC!!!
Absolutely tanked Cyborg but did ok for 2m2m considering it was only my 4th time playing it i think and im pretty sure i had only collected 1 or 2 soul shards.
Was only missing mummy (and barely) or id have finally got to Battle the Beast. So close.

20200903_171806 (resized).jpg20200903_171806 (resized).jpg20200903_171820 (resized).jpg20200903_171820 (resized).jpg
#7214 3 years ago

Hell yeah! I’m officially a member and there is nothing better than cracking open a brand new pin out of the box. Build date is 8/11/20 so that is about as minty fresh as you can get. Also, I like it that it comes with an extra set of plastics and decals for the playfield. Is that standard? Didn’t get that for my tmnt so curious why this one does. I’m still trying to dial it in and I think I’m going to go ahead put in the shaker motor from tmnt

38E88357-084F-4CD3-8C8E-5177A5AA12F2 (resized).jpeg38E88357-084F-4CD3-8C8E-5177A5AA12F2 (resized).jpeg
#7215 3 years ago
Quoted from remf:

Hell yeah! I’m officially a member and there is nothing better than cracking open a brand new pin out of the box. Build date is 8/11/20 so that is about as minty fresh as you can get. Also, I like it that it comes with an extra set of plastics and decals for the playfield. Is that standard? Didn’t get that for my tmnt so curious why this one does. I’m still trying to dial it in and I think I’m going to go ahead put in the shaker motor from tmnt [quoted image]

I like your taste in machines.

481FC98C-1F18-4F2F-8801-034332126A44 (resized).jpeg481FC98C-1F18-4F2F-8801-034332126A44 (resized).jpeg
#7216 3 years ago
Quoted from remf:

Hell yeah! I’m officially a member and there is nothing better than cracking open a brand new pin out of the box. Build date is 8/11/20 so that is about as minty fresh as you can get. Also, I like it that it comes with an extra set of plastics and decals for the playfield. Is that standard? Didn’t get that for my tmnt so curious why this one does. I’m still trying to dial it in and I think I’m going to go ahead put in the shaker motor from tmnt [quoted image]

Awsome bud !! Turn it up !!

#7217 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I like your taste in machines.
[quoted image]

Likewise my friend.

#7218 3 years ago

Does anyone feel like they have it REALLY dialed in to hit the right orbit when the ball is cradled on the left flipper? I seem to do better with that one in flow, with a little bounce even. I‘m reliable enough hitting the lower spinner with the ball cradled on the right flipper, but that right outer orbit is a devil.

#7219 3 years ago
Quoted from pineal:

Does anyone feel like they have it REALLY dialed in to hit the right orbit when the ball is cradled on the left flipper? I seem to do better with that one in flow, with a little bounce even. I‘m reliable enough hitting the lower spinner with the ball cradled on the right flipper, but that right outer orbit is a devil.

I'm dialed in unless I REALLY need the tomb treasure...then not so much. I do find this shot easier than the revive spinner though.

#7220 3 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

I'm dialed in unless I REALLY need the tomb treasure...then not so much. I do find this shot easier than the revive spinner though.

Agreed. Tomb Treasures can bring out the bricks. I haven’t gotten the revive spinner down. Every now and then I can hit it reliably, but then it goes away after a few games.

#7221 3 years ago
Quoted from truthdivides:

Agreed. Tomb Treasures can bring out the bricks. I haven’t gotten the revive spinner down. Every now and then I can hit it reliably, but then it goes away after a few games.

Glad that's not just me -- I can never hit the spinner reliably... I usually am ok with the right orbit, unless, as someone else noted, the Tomb Treasure is lit....

I hate this game.

I love this game.

#7222 3 years ago
Quoted from pineal:

Completely agree. When i have the ball cradled on the left flipper, it's typically a brick between the orbit and the right ramp. Have both L and R ramp shots down pretty good, but not that orbit dammit...

#7223 3 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

...ball cradled on the left flipper, it's typically a brick between the orbit and the right ramp...

Yep. For me it’s either that or I totally short arm it into the right slingshot.

Quoted from jlock:

Ha!

#7224 3 years ago

Upgraded from a PRO to Premium! Best game on the planet! Elwin for the win!

#7225 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Upgraded from a PRO to Premium! Best game on the planet! Elwin for the win!

Was it worth the difference in price? I don't have one yet, but will definitely be adding one or the other to my collection.

#7226 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:Was it worth the difference in price?

More mechs, real ball locks and action with the Premium.
When I got my Pro I could not find a premium close for a decent deal. Both are great machines! You’ll be happy with either one, but with all the new games coming out, premiums are sitting at 6700-7000 in the market place.

#7227 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Was it worth the difference in price? I don't have one yet, but will definitely be adding one or the other to my collection.

We had both the Pro (first) and the Premium for an extended time. The Premium is the way to go, but they both play quite differently, so play them first if you can.

#7228 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We had both the Pro (first) and the Premium for an extended time. The Premium is the way to go, but they both play quite differently, so play them first if you can.

As a pro owner with no interest in stoking holy wars, I can say that 2000+ games in, it still feels fresh, exciting, and challenging. Any version of this machine is highly likely to satisfy.

#7229 3 years ago

Premium by a long shot. Played both quite a bit. Pro is fun for sure, but the locks, mode starts and left ramp on the premium make the game significantly better.

#7230 3 years ago

Looking for a little help with the sarcophagus on my premium.

I was having switch issues with 39 and 40 (the two switches inside the the sarcophagus), so I finally got around to replacing them with the much nicer roller style switches. That went well, reassembled, adjust the spoon switch, etc. Then I noticed that the sarcophagus was trying to move but seemed to be hung up (and i could hear the motor whirring). Lifted the playfield to check if it was hung up on something and there is nothing that I can see (though maybe something was hanging it up and it pushed it out of the way? either way, there is nothing in it's way now and it's still doing this). If I help the metal cog wheel along with my finger while it's whirring it still functions as normally and stops on the switches and whatnot, but not matter what I do it seems like something is out of whack.

Is my motor fubar? Is there some adjustment to fix this that I'm not seeing?

EDIT: FIXED. This was a strange one. The fix ended up being the top two screws holding the mechanism plate to the playfield were too tight. My guess is with enough force (not that much tbh) they were causing the plate to slight deform which was causing the post the mechanism rotates on to pinch slightly, causing the motor to not be able to work through it.

I checked the motor and it was getting voltage and didn't sound too grainy, so I thought it might have been a loose set screw, but that was tight as all balls. I thought maybe the arm which controls the actual motion might have been sitting askew, but that was fine (and basically freely floats anyways).

Just updating for future reference if anyone does work on their sarcophagus and it starts behaving weird.

#7231 3 years ago

I made a set of 3D flipper toppers for my machine recently, was originally hoping to add a pharaoh Eddie but it just wouldn't have fit on the flipper within the same scale as the others Machine pics show the prototypes i started with but i have tweaked the paint jobs and the antennas on the cyber Eddie. The original antennas are fine gauge hook up wire but ended up going with fishing line that has been super glued on and also sunk into tiny holes using a 0.7mm drill bit. These were totally my own design and cast from molds i made with liquid plastic and then hand finished, painted and detailed.
I'm really happy with how they turned out!!

DSC05090 (resized).JPGDSC05090 (resized).JPGDSC05087 (resized).JPGDSC05087 (resized).JPGDSC05088 (resized).JPGDSC05088 (resized).JPGDSC05136 (resized).JPGDSC05136 (resized).JPG
#7232 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I made a set of 3D flipper toppers for my machine recently, was originally hoping to add a pharaoh Eddie but it just wouldn't have fit on the flipper within the same scale as the others Machine pics show the prototypes i started with but i have tweaked the paint jobs and the antennas on the cyber Eddie. The original antennas are fine gauge hook up wire but ended up going with fishing line that has been super glued on and also sunk into tiny holes using a 0.7mm drill bit. These were totally my own design and cast from molds i made with liquid plastic and then hand finished, painted and detailed.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sweet...great job!

#7233 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

They look neat, but why didn't you go all the way to the end of the flipper?

#7234 3 years ago

They look great, nice skills.

#7235 3 years ago

Awsome !!

#7236 3 years ago

I have a few parts for sale:

Pharoah plastic protector - $15
https://mezelmods.com/products/iron-maiden-pinball-pharaoh-plastic-protector?variant=12353715241057

Opto and ball trap kit - $18
https://www.pinballlife.com/iron-maiden-upgrade-kit.html

Cliffy scoop protector - $21

I also obviously paid shipping on each of these parts, but I will offer everything here for $55 USD with shipping anywhere in the USA or Canada.

PM if interested.

#7237 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They look neat, but why didn't you go all the way to the end of the flipper?

They were made so they wouldn't overhang any part of the flipper bat, lengthwise and width wise and more to the point some protection from ball strikes. Towards the end of the topper the plastic becomes a lot thinner as they not only get narrower but are created to taper towards the tips. It's purely a decision to make them somewhat less prone to getting snapped off over time although having said that i had the original JD bats on my machine for nearly 5 years with no issues.

#7238 3 years ago

Werent we supposed to get a code update after JP hit 1.0 code?
Im stupidly excited about Avengers but i still want my Maiden update.

#7239 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Werent we supposed to get a code update after JP hit 1.0 code?
Im stupidly excited about Avengers but i still want my Maiden update.

Code update is still happening. Just gonna have to wait on it. But it’s coming.

#7240 3 years ago

(insert grunt call-out for GC)

IMG_20200909_121534 (resized).jpgIMG_20200909_121534 (resized).jpg
#7241 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Code update is still happening. Just gonna have to wait on it. But it’s coming.

We've been hearing this for almost a year now. With KME and team banging out new games and updating the code on them it seems we have been placed on the way back burner. The longer this goes on the more concerned I am about the update.

#7242 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

We've been hearing this for almost a year now. With KME and team banging out new games and updating the code on them it seems we have been placed on the way back burner. The longer this goes on the more concerned I am about the update.

Yeah, "where's the code Keith!??"

I'm thinking they decided to delay it so they can include some new features like the jukebox attract mode stuff. I'm telling myself the delay is going to result is something especially awesome, but most likely the team just felt the newer games needed the attention more and the IDMN code will be mostly refinement and polish.

#7243 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Yeah, "where's the code Keith!??"
I'm thinking they decided to delay it so they can include some new features like the jukebox attract mode stuff. I'm telling myself the delay is going to result is something especially awesome, but most likely the team just felt the newer games needed the attention more and the IDMN code will be mostly refinement and polish.

Or maybe integrate the CO-OP from TMNT.

#7244 3 years ago

Relax. It’s going to happen. 2 major things popped up that delayed the code.

Covid.

Avengers. This game was bumped up the in production, thus shifting priorities.

#7245 3 years ago

It probably seems feeble but I’m hoping the new code extends the high scores at least add a daily .My kids havnt been able to put they’re names up and this is concerning to me as it seems to bother them .Do it for the kids Keith!

#7246 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

It probably seems feeble but I’m hoping the new code extends the high scores at least add a daily .My kids havnt been able to put they’re names up and this is concerning to me as it seems to bother them .Do it for the kids Keith!

Just reset your scores than. Also consider turning the auto reset down. It defaults to 2000 plays. You can turn it down real low and put initials in all the time.

If Stern goes the daily score route, I hope you can disable it. I get that it might be fun for newbs but I just find it annoying. I don't really know anyone who actually plays pinball that puts their real initials in there. It's always just AAAAAAAAAAA

#7247 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Just reset your scores than. Also consider turning the auto reset down. It defaults to 2000 plays. You can turn it down real low and put initials in all the time.
If Stern goes the daily score route, I hope you can disable it. I get that it might be fun for newbs but I just find it annoying. I don't really know anyone who actually plays pinball that puts their real initials in there. It's always just AAAAAAAAAAA

There is an auto reset of the high score tables that is ON by default? Do you know what the adjustment is called?

#7248 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

There is an auto reset of the high score tables that is ON by default? Do you know what the adjustment is called?

Yep.

Doesn't reset the GC, but will reset 1-4. I didn't know initially either. Had my scores reset on another pin and was mighty confused.
20200909_194545 (resized).jpg20200909_194545 (resized).jpg

#7249 3 years ago

Update will be scant. Bug fixes and nothing else, and who knows when.

They need to churn out more games before this monopoly and renaissance ends.

#7250 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Yep.
Doesn't reset the GC, but will reset 1-4. I didn't know initially either. Had my scores reset on another pin and was mighty confused.
[quoted image]

Thanks! Yeah...checked my other pins and notice that its a common standard adjustment...on by default. Turned that off ASAP! I don't want my previous scores erased. Always gives me something to shoot for, and shows improvement.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 15,813 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/145?hl=djreddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.