(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,795 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by STVPIN
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMNewtonBallLeaf01 (resized).jpg
IMG_5677 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5676 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_8416 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8418 (resized).jpeg
20240413_163843 (resized).jpg
20240413_143449 (resized).jpg
20240412_190431 (resized).jpg
20240412_190452 (resized).jpg
Polish_20240413_140952356 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_200534433 (resized).jpg
Ironmaidenshipped (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_182738510 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,795 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 316.
#7151 3 years ago
Quoted from truthdivides:

I joined the billion club!
[quoted image]

Congrats!!!! I’m climbing havnt hit the halfway mark yet but getting there .This machine is such a thrill!!!

#7152 3 years ago
Quoted from truthdivides:

I joined the billion club!
[quoted image]

Sweet, I ended up 50M short the other day.
The words after I drained was not suitable for kids

#7153 3 years ago

What's the strategy for getting big scores in this game? I got to NOTB the other day with under 500M!

#7154 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

What's the strategy for getting big scores in this game? I got to NOTB the other day with under 500M!

I'm no expert (500m top score), but the general rule is that finishing modes can give you a lot of extra bonuses (if you hit the soul shard shot) and the rest is timing the playfield doubler at the right time.

#7155 3 years ago

Get 3X going. Preferably during modes you are good at.

Tons of points in super loops. You can play for nothing but those and rack up good scores

And of course you should be trying to join the 300mil Power Jackpot club

#7156 3 years ago

Almost every "big" score I've had (650M-870M) has involved a nice run of loop jackpots with playfield X. This was suggested by another pinsider when I inquired about strategy a while back and I'm now a believer, though it's high-risk, high-reward. Also don't ignore the power jackpot, it can get big when you're not paying attention and you have to prioritize it before draining, esp if you have playfield X going. The other change I've made is trying for the super skill shot, which has increased how often I have playfield X going. I guess playfield X is key, which is tautological at some level, but paying more attention to it (both in terms of chasing it, and what I'm trying to do while it's active) has definitely increased my top scores.

#7157 3 years ago

Should it be difficult to hit the loop from the top right flipper? Seems I hit about 20% of them into the loop, the rest seem to bounce off a post, and never make it into the loop.

Also, seems I can only hit if from the bottom of the flipper. Anything neat the top (tip) never makes it. My flipper is lined with with the tip of the bat to the alignment hole.

#7158 3 years ago

Finally... (still need to fit them both!)
CF9189CB-79C9-4600-A746-2743C6BFE6D9 (resized).jpegCF9189CB-79C9-4600-A746-2743C6BFE6D9 (resized).jpeg

#7159 3 years ago

Should it be difficult to hit the loop from the top right flipper? Seems I hit about 20% of them into the loop, the rest seem to bounce off a post, and never make it into the loop.
Also, seems I can only hit if from the bottom of the flipper. Anything neat the top (tip) never makes it. My flipper is lined with with the tip of the bat to the alignment hole.

Do you hold the left flipper up when you try to hit the loop? Makes it way easier to hit.

#7160 3 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Do you hold the left flipper up when you try to hit the loop? Makes it way easier to hit.

This is definitely true, but I heard you get less points for it.

#7161 3 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

This is definitely true, but I heard you get less points for it.

But still way more than you get from a miss

#7162 3 years ago

if anyone wants to update their music with a lounge version of The Number Of The Beast
https://richardcheese.bandcamp.com/album/numbers-of-the-beast-2020

#7163 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

if anyone wants to update their music with a lounge version of The Number Of The Beast
https://richardcheese.bandcamp.com/album/numbers-of-the-beast-2020

This will go great with bluegrass Trooper!

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/iron-maiden-trooper-bluegrass/

#7164 3 years ago

I remember when I thought it would be easy to fine an LE. That was a good one....image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#7165 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Finally... (still need to fit them both!)
[quoted image]

Don't expect miracle's

I spent hours mucking around with new pencil pins , ended up re-installing the old blunt pins, made further leaf gap adjustments used some loctite.
Has been decent for a while now.

#7166 3 years ago

Like Bundy said it is better to hold down the left flipper while shooting the loops. The points still rack up fast when you hit 4 or 5 in a row. I feel cranking a bunch of those loops in a row is one of the best shots in all of pinball. Once you get good holding down the left flipper you can then try more without holding it down. Unless your Elwin then just blast loop after loop without any effort.

#7167 3 years ago

Hi,
Joined the club today.
Have to install a pp.
Would like to know how you set up the 2 upper flippers?
Is there anything else to know or to adjust?
Thanks

644B2473-B65C-499F-A670-2869CE5CF388 (resized).jpeg644B2473-B65C-499F-A670-2869CE5CF388 (resized).jpegE5359BAA-68E5-41FF-B582-5FED0B469C8C (resized).jpegE5359BAA-68E5-41FF-B582-5FED0B469C8C (resized).jpeg
#7168 3 years ago

Snuck in a quick game this afternoon, and got NOTB.

I'd shat the bed on previous attempts, so felt good about getting deeper into it this time.

Made 3 or 4:shots, and then my son jumped up on the stool beside me and excitedly said "Guess what daddy".

Totally took my focus away and drained almost immediately.

Haha! Had to laugh as it literally was the worst time you could get distracted in a game.

IMG_20200812_153316 (resized).jpgIMG_20200812_153316 (resized).jpg

#7169 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

I watched a couple vids while I waited on my kit to arrive. The instructions on speakerlightkits were good though.
Watch "Pinball Mods # 62 : SPEAKER LIGHT KIT INSTALL : SPIKE 2 STAR WARS PREMIUM" on YouTube
Watch "Pinball Mod Install: Color Changing Speaker Lights by speakerlightkits.com" on YouTube [quoted image]

So, when you guys are installing these deluxe speaker kits, are you leaving the foam in or no?

#7170 3 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

So, when you guys are installing these deluxe speaker kits, are you leaving the foam in or no?

As the designer of these...I honestly have a hard time understanding why anyone would remove the foam (unless you are using certain acrylic designs with them or have some messed up looking speaker foam). You are losing much of the light show (due to the foam not being there to spread the light). You are seeing the bulbs more directly with no diffusion (especially on the inner walls where the LCD screen is limiting the space between the grill area and the light strips). You are showing off the small 4" speaker holes and that those small 4" speaker holes are not even centered in the speaker grill area and you are showing off the crappy looking bars that are in the 4" speaker holes.

Keep in mind, I am talking about when people have the 4" speakers in their game with the factory 4" speaker plates. If you have the 5.25" speaker plates in the game, that alleviates many of these complaints I personally have on the look of things without the foam. The 5.25" speaker holes fill the horizontal area of the speaker grill area. The speaker holes are centered in the honeycomb grill area and there are no bars running through the speaker holes with them. It looks more like something that is meant to be seen instead of something that defiantly should be hidden behind the foam or a design.

Having said that....as I mentioned, if you are using certain acrylic designs with them, I think the foam should be removed. In those cases though, the acrylic design is there so it is blocking the small, off center 4" speaker holes with the capitalistic looking bars running through them.

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Acrylic-Design-Mounting-Tips.html

So in summery, when people remove the foam to show off the bad looking 4" factory speaker plates....I just don't get it.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

PS: I also sell 4" replacement SPIKE 2 speaker plates FOR USE WITH MY TYPE 11 AND TYPE 12 SPEAKER LIGHT KITS. They do not have the bars running through the speaker holes and they also center the 4" speaker holes in the honeycomb grill area on each side. If you want to ditch the speaker foam...I think they are well worth the $17.50 a set for their improvements to the looks alone.

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/About-Replacement-SPIKE-2-Speaker-Plates.html

#7171 3 years ago

hey Fellas, wondering if you can help me.

I have the premium version and I love the pin. However, for some reason I can't get a multiball mode to work now. I can't remember it's name, but it's the one that loads and shows a video of some soldiers loading a cannon ball inside a cannon that eventually turns into a (3) ball multiball. I don't know if a switch is not working or I'm just not hitting the shots, although I hit the mode dozens of times before but not recently.

Did I screw something up? Thanks for the help in advance.

#7172 3 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

hey Fellas, wondering if you can help me.
I have the premium version and I love the pin. However, for some reason I can't get a multiball mode to work now. I can't remember it's name, but it's the one that loads and shows a video of some soldiers loading a cannon ball inside a cannon that eventually turns into a (3) ball multiball. I don't know if a switch is not working or I'm just not hitting the shots, although I hit the mode dozens of times before but not recently.
Did I screw something up? Thanks for the help in advance.

Sounds like Trooper multiball. You have to qualify locks by hitting the drops. A sweep will light them or 2 completions, otherwise. Then the locks are the inner loop and the right orbit. The arrows should be green. Try to manually do this and see what might not be working. Maybe one of the drops isn't registering, if the locks never light.

#7173 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Sounds like Trooper multiball. You have to qualify locks by hitting the drops. A sweep will light them or 2 completions, otherwise. Then the locks are the inner loop and the right orbit. The arrows should be green. Try to manually do this and see what might not be working. Maybe one of the drops isn't registering, if the locks never light.

Thank you sir. I'll check those out.

#7174 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hi,
Joined the club today.
Have to install a pp.
Would like to know how you set up the 2 upper flippers?
Is there anything else to know or to adjust?
Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image]

Well, if you install a pp, You would need to add 3 washers under the metal bracket in rounded shape as the ball can’t roll under it anymore. So you would need to raise this bracket with washers (lying on the playfield) at the following places: the 2 hex spacers and 1 machine screw that hold this bracket.

Made some games and already have an issue with the lower right flipper, it holds sometimes in up position. Don’t know if it is in relation with 0.97 code bug.
Going to update and check if i still get this issue or not.
Thnaks

5A2C496F-2531-49CB-BD4B-E96370B2D1A2 (resized).jpeg5A2C496F-2531-49CB-BD4B-E96370B2D1A2 (resized).jpeg

#7175 3 years ago

Having issues with the ball coming out of the shooter lane and hitting the post, tried bending the ball guide but it hits the Loop 1 in maybe 10 plunges any suggestions. It worked perfectly before clean and wax

#7176 3 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

Having issues with the ball coming out of the shooter lane and hitting the post, tried bending the ball guide but it hits the Loop 1 in maybe 10 plunges any suggestions. It worked perfectly before clean and wax

Best guess is that ball guide has play due to loose screw. It is held by a screw that goes through a tab on the ball guide that leaves room for guide to shift if the screw is even slightly loose. You may have bumped it when cleaning. Try pushing (not bending) the guide toward the screw that holds it and tightening that screw SNUG. Not so snug to damage PF but it needs to be tight. Unfortunately clean access to that screw needs the right ramp wireform to be taken out. If you have just the right flathead screwdriver you might be able to work the screw without removing wireform.

#7177 3 years ago

Anybody else like to see the MB modes being beefed up in scoring?

Love the single ball modes, but the lower scoring of the MB modes seems unbalanced?

Think with next code update, this might be the best game ever made. We shall see.

#7178 3 years ago

Remember when we were all pretty sure we were getting a code update back in January.....then again after JP hit 1.0
Keith has finished game 3 and is working 4 now.
I hope we dont get left waiting too much longer but Maiden seems to be a low priority

#7179 3 years ago

After about 1800 games, made the beast. Caked my pants and all I got was this stinking t-shirt. But hope springs eternal.

#7180 3 years ago

Isn't Rick the programmer? He would be providing the update....

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Remember when we were all pretty sure we were getting a code update back in January.....then again after JP hit 1.0
Keith has finished game 3 and is working 4 now.
I hope we dont get left waiting too much longer but Maiden seems to be a low priority

#7181 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Isn't Rick the programmer? He would be providing the update....

I think of Rick and Keith as PB and J. Thet can work alone but are best paired together

#7182 3 years ago

Finally !! Next up 3/4 bil I just started playing in April so I’ll take it .Im finally playing pinball n not just flipping playing lower third.

2C39B960-8328-4160-A8A3-0CBEE41B5CAB (resized).jpeg2C39B960-8328-4160-A8A3-0CBEE41B5CAB (resized).jpeg
#7183 3 years ago

Joined the club yesterday with my first pin back in the house in about five years! Now to figure out this masterful pin and start modding away.

B192657B-7CF3-4A9D-8F6E-FB29939F354C (resized).pngB192657B-7CF3-4A9D-8F6E-FB29939F354C (resized).png054BF1C1-8E93-4066-A3C3-09928BFCF33A (resized).jpeg054BF1C1-8E93-4066-A3C3-09928BFCF33A (resized).jpeg
#7184 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Joined the club yesterday with my first pin back in the house in about five years! Now to figure out this masterful pin and start modding away.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Damn that color looks sweet!!!

#7185 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Damn that color looks sweet!!!

Agreed I got lucky as I ran into this at the place I used to buy pins at while visiting their arcade. They just got it in on a trade and it has a bunch of nice extras on it and everything is in perfect condition.

Do have a question whats the default spot for the right outside lane post as mine is currently up at the top one and that definitely makes the ball more apt to go out that lane? Thinking it may need to be in the middle one.

#7186 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

I remember when I thought it would be easy to fine an LE. That was a good one....[quoted image]

Interesting, I was told by Cointaker, who was allegedly told by Stern, first 10 LE's went to the band..........

#7187 3 years ago

I wasn't feeling great about my 300mil Power JP club membership as I didn't remember joining. Like, I figured I'd still get invited to the parties and stuff but I was still kind of an outcast.

Well today I am ashamed no more. I'm cradled up and see I've got the PJP at 5X * 30ish mil and I only need the easy x from the little flipper to qualify 2X. At this point I wanted to get a picture of the display but my phone is on a table behind me. I tried to do a super leg stretch toe pinch move to grab my phone and almost fell over. Luckily managed to keep my finger on the flipper button. Decided to stop being a dumbass and just get the thing done.

Qualified 2X and then hit the right ramp to start it and drilled the orb for pay dirt. \m/

20200820_143000 (resized).jpg20200820_143000 (resized).jpg
#7188 3 years ago

FYI they make a "pee break" device that you place over the flipper button to hold the balls while you walk away to pee, drink, etc. Get some.

#7189 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

FYI they make a "pee break" device that you place over the flipper button to hold the balls while you walk away to pee, drink, etc. Get some.

Well I'll be...I thought that was what the cup in the pin gulp was for.

#7190 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Well I'll be...I thought that was what the cup in the pin gulp was for.

Reminded me of story:

I'm at a house party years back. Red cups everywhere, people wrote their names on the cups and in a lot of case made up names. Sitting at a table out back. Guy walks out grabs a cup off the table and goes "Who's Butts?", laughs to himself and then proceeds to chug the cup. He was calling some dinosaurs immediately after.

"Butts" aka Cigarette butts.

#7191 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Link? I gotta see this thing

#7192 3 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Link? I gotta see this thing

I don’t have the link. It was on a recent podcast. Some guy is making them.

#7193 3 years ago

Jack Danger shared it on his facebook earlier this week.
Looks handy. Just do not use it to long or cook your coils.

#7194 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Looks handy. Just do not use it to long or cook your coils.

I can tell you from extensive testing this is not true on Spike 2 machines. The coils do not continue heating up when hold is active. I know, I tried extensively when testing the coil-cooling kit since I thought it would be an easy way to heat up the coils. It's not. They don't continue heating up in hold at any appreciable pace, only when flipping. I've left them hold for over a half hour with like 1 degree of heat change, measured with temperature probes in real time, which is nothing.

#7195 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I can tell you from extensive testing this is not true. The coils do not continue heating up when hold is active. I know, I tried extensively when testing the coil-cooling kit since I thought it would be an easy way to heat up the coils. It's not. They don't continue heating up in hold, only when flipping.

Just make sure your EOS switches are good to go before using such a device.

#7196 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

This was a software feature on the home ROM of TZ. I forget how it worked, but it was neat.

#7197 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Just make sure your EOS switches are good to go before using such a device.

Of course. This is a given.

But as long as that's the case, you can't overheat the coils from leaving them on hold, even for a good length of time.

#7198 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

This was a software feature on the home ROM of TZ. I forget how it worked, but it was neat.

Hold the flipper button and then press the extra ball button. Aka buy-in button.

#7199 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Of course. This is a given.
But as long as that's the case, you can't overheat the coils from leaving them on hold, even for a good length of time.

I've actually seen a transistor I believe go bad as I was playing a friend's Tron before I bought my own and we were talking the rules while I was holding the flipper and after probably 5 minutes it burned out.

#7200 3 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I've actually seen a transistor I believe go bad as I was playing a friend's Tron before I bought my own and we were talking the rules while I was holding the flipper and after probably 5 minutes it burned out.

Read carefully. I said it was not the case on Spike 2 machines. TRON is not Spike 2.

Whitestar and SAM you will likely burn up the coils or kill the transistors if you leave them held for a long time. Don't do that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 24.50
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Trade
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,795 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 316.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/144?hl=blacksun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.